• Publisher: Konami
  • Release Date: Sep 16, 2008
6.3

1. KairosA
    Sep 10, 2009
    This mix is one of the best for new players, IMO. Many easy songs, good level progression, and good variety, plus some of your favorite songs that used to only be on SuperNova 2 arcade! The foot-rating system gets a revamping to make it easier for newbies to pick songs at their level (multiply your SN2-and-previous feet by about 1.5 to get the X rating). Most people start between 1 and 4This mix is one of the best for new players, IMO. Many easy songs, good level progression, and good variety, plus some of your favorite songs that used to only be on SuperNova 2 arcade! The foot-rating system gets a revamping to make it easier for newbies to pick songs at their level (multiply your SN2-and-previous feet by about 1.5 to get the X rating). Most people start between 1 and 4 new rating. I play primarily high-9's/low-10's on older mixes, so I stick to 13-15's on X.

It makes me sad that there aren't any MAX[X], PARANOiA, or TRIP MACHINE mixes in X North America. That doesn't mean there are no good boss songs, though. Pluto Relinquish is right up there with Fascination ~eternal love mix~ (17's and 18's equate to flashing 10's in older mixes), and on the bounce definitely thinks it's TRIP MACHINE material.
    I'm not a fan of the Shock Arrows, so I leave most new Challenge charts alone. That could have been done differently. Heck, what about actual mines? And I do wish the MCs would just shut up, but I feel that way about the other mixes, too. The Xmixes are fun for the days when you feel like stamina training, but not for frequent play.

Personally, I go for doubles play - one player both pads - most of the time, and I like most of the charts X offers. I improved my doubles skills quite a lot playing through X.

Unlocking everything takes a lot of time, and the easiest way is to play through Street Master Mode as far as possible (it's quite long) for the characters, and then free play a bunch of songs until every last one is unlocked. Fortunately, the hardest songs are the last to appear, so if you're a beginner, you don't have to worry.

I'd say that if this is your first or second DDR mix, then it's an excellent choice. If you've been playing for a few years, X might not cut it for you.

Dance Dance Revolution X broadly sidesteps innovation and serves up another entry where enjoyment's purely a function of how much you like the set list. If you own any other DDR games, particularly last year's SuperNOVA 2, it's hard to recommend shelling out cash for this one -- aside from the new tunes, I've seen it all before.
  2. With an impressive song list and up to eight-player LAN capability, this DDR will definitely get the party started!
    DDR SuperNOVA 2 outdoes this title in every way and that's a game that's been on the market for close to a year.