• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Feb 17, 2003
9.0

1. CharlynD.
    Apr 12, 2003
    The game itself is great but they are yet to work out the bugs. When I found out that the game would not let you do anthing that would stop you from moving froward I keep saving on the same spot. Then when I got to the boss on chapter 7 and killed him the game froze. I called for help but was informed that it was a randmon game error and that because I was not able to go back to the last The game itself is great but they are yet to work out the bugs. When I found out that the game would not let you do anthing that would stop you from moving froward I keep saving on the same spot. Then when I got to the boss on chapter 7 and killed him the game froze. I called for help but was informed that it was a randmon game error and that because I was not able to go back to the last chapter and play it over my only choice was to start over. That was 80 hours of play I just can't face so far. I was also told that many people are haveing this problem on chapter one and two so if you play save each chapter in a new spot. Expand
  2. JakeS.
    Aug 15, 2008
    I'm not going to lie and say I've played this game a lot, but I've played it for a number of hours and after reading the reviews up here, I'm pretty disgusted. I don't understand why this game is so highly rated; the battle system is just so bad. Everything about it is a chore and feels redundant and uninspired from the getgo. I'm not going to give it a 1 and I'm not going to lie and say I've played this game a lot, but I've played it for a number of hours and after reading the reviews up here, I'm pretty disgusted. I don't understand why this game is so highly rated; the battle system is just so bad. Everything about it is a chore and feels redundant and uninspired from the getgo. I'm not going to give it a 1 and say it's the worst game, but best on the ps2?! Not even close! If I was on the development team, I would have been screaming because this game has potential, but there are several major aspects that I absolutely hate. FFX and XII destroy this game on so many levels, and I could think of quite a few improvements for those two. I love RPGs, but I definitely do not love Dark Cloud 2. Expand
  3. DGamer
    Apr 7, 2003
    The story drags the score down on this one a bit. They didn't present the resolution very well. If you haven't beaten it yet, then no spoilers here. All I shall say is the ending was not what I expected and left me with a "Flat game" feeling.

1. The complete package for RPG enthusiasts. The exhilarating heights of the story are equaled by great gameplay depth. [Mar 2003, p.80]
  2. When the game eventually gets going, it's almost as much fun as it's predecessor. It's just that it takes several hours to kick off. Dark Cloud 2 still has merit, but it's simply not as enjoyable as the first game. [May 2003, p.95]
  3. A bitch of a game to review. But for the same reasons it's a joy of a game to play. There's just so much to it. It's a town-builder, a compelling dungeon-crawler, a fishing game, a golf game and, in short, a great RPG.