Dark Cloud 2 PlayStation 2

9.1

1. Nov 20, 2010
    The joy of adventure, inventing, and saving the world are every kid's dream, by playing Dark Cloud 2, it felt as if those dreams came true for me. I love Dark Cloud 2's storyline and originality, not to mention the believable graphics and extras, no other game contains such a broad scope of things to do. Many games either focus on the battles or focus on the skill. Dark Cloud 2 containsThe joy of adventure, inventing, and saving the world are every kid's dream, by playing Dark Cloud 2, it felt as if those dreams came true for me. I love Dark Cloud 2's storyline and originality, not to mention the believable graphics and extras, no other game contains such a broad scope of things to do. Many games either focus on the battles or focus on the skill. Dark Cloud 2 contains a mixture of battles and skills and somehow it intertwines everything to the main plot of the story in a very easy to understand way. I was very sad when the game ended but was overjoyed to see that there was a "epilogue" chapter for Dark Cloud 1 fans =P I'm worried about Dark Cloud 3 though, it may not be able to pass up its predescessor since Dark Cloud 2 is just so good, especially after this long way all of us have become way too anxious. Nevertheless, this game is for anyone who loves adventure and the feel of actually being in the story! Expand
  2. Sep 11, 2013
    An almost flawless game. Graphic are gorgeous, story is engaging and deep, main characters are well developed and very likable. Gameplay is rich and varied.

The pacing can get a little slow at some points and the levels suffer from similar repetitiveness that the first game had. But, while these flaws are noticable they are also easily overlooked as there is enough variety in the level designs and side activities to keep you distracted.

Overall:
    Dark Cloud 2 (or Dark Chronicle) is perhaps one of my favorite PS2 games. It has everything I want in a game, if not more. For me this is a classic that I can replay over and over and every moment is a joy.
  3. Mar 6, 2013
    Dark Cloud 2 has an amazing world you can lose your self in and there's just so much to do you'll never get board.
    the RPG mechanics are a little shallow and the UI is a little tricky to navigate near end game when you have hundreds of items, other than that i love this game
  4. Mar 26, 2014
    I love cel-shaded Level 5 RPG games. When I play one it feels like every day is my birthday. They're like Skittles candy. This game is a birthday cake, an infinite supply of salty tears to oceans everywhere in the universe. You better believe extraterrestrials are playing this, for they made this game.
  5. JorgeA.
    Mar 8, 2003
    I don't know how they are going to make Dark Cloud 3. How do you improve on a perfect game.
  6. Nov 20, 2012
    The only drawback to this game is the voice acting, but that isn't too important. Everything else about the game is unique and refreshing and enjoyable.
  7. Jun 30, 2012
    Dark Chronicle is an RPG adventure in its own class. The surroundings are great, both the music and the visuals. They managed to create a varied, interesting and immersive world on the PS2 hardware with something that can almost be considered revolutionary graphics back in 02. The way game just grabs hold of you and keeps you playing is great.

This game joined by other great PS2

This game joined by other great PS2 adventures makes the PS2 my favorite home console to this date.
  8. Sep 12, 2014
    I love this game :D It´s so beautiful. The Cel-shading, the Battlesystem, the Feeling and last but not least the awesome Soundtrack made it to the best game ever made.
  9. Jan 20, 2016
    One of the deepest and most rewarding RPGs I've ever played.

One of the deepest and most rewarding RPGs I've ever played.

Everything in this game lines up to make for a wonderful experience. The music, graphics and gameplay all come together in a complete package that takes Dark Cloud 2 to new heights unseen by most games that came out during the PS2 era. (Which is saying something due to it's legendary game lineup.) This is definitely a must play and well worth owning for anyone who has a PS2 and even a passing interest in RPG games.
  10. Jun 15, 2016
    There are few experiences in my life that have left such a deep and permanent mark as when I first started playing Dark Cloud 2 all those years ago. To this day, the story, the characters, and specially the music still bring tears to my eyes every time I think back to the hundreds of hours I spent in the world of Monica and Maximilian. The game holds up incredibly well and is a true PS2There are few experiences in my life that have left such a deep and permanent mark as when I first started playing Dark Cloud 2 all those years ago. To this day, the story, the characters, and specially the music still bring tears to my eyes every time I think back to the hundreds of hours I spent in the world of Monica and Maximilian. The game holds up incredibly well and is a true PS2 classic, a must-have for any collector worth it's salt and easily my number 1 pick for the best game of it's generation. Expand
  11. Apr 17, 2014
    My real score back then would be a 8-9/10, but looking back I realized how utterly nostalgic I was for this game. It is as if there was endless content from building, dungeon crawling, golf, fishing, contests, customization, medals and more. The game is the most perfect RPG on the ps2 for me. The graphics were gorgeous and it had a great soundtrack that, in itself, sounds nostalgic. AfterMy real score back then would be a 8-9/10, but looking back I realized how utterly nostalgic I was for this game. It is as if there was endless content from building, dungeon crawling, golf, fishing, contests, customization, medals and more. The game is the most perfect RPG on the ps2 for me. The graphics were gorgeous and it had a great soundtrack that, in itself, sounds nostalgic. After downloading the ISO, I was able to finally finish the game that I was so determined to finish before my console broke before the very last boss in zelmite mines. Expand
  12. BillWyclef
    Feb 19, 2003
    Is It any Good? Is That What You are asking me? Well I never played it. But It's The Best Game I've Never Played. It's So........I Have'nt played it yet. But I'm Sure It's cool. Has Anyone ever played Dark Rain Cloud 18? That game is so...... Well I Think......... I Think.......... Yeah It's Cool. Except the part where you have to die eleventy timesIs It any Good? Is That What You are asking me? Well I never played it. But It's The Best Game I've Never Played. It's So........I Have'nt played it yet. But I'm Sure It's cool. Has Anyone ever played Dark Rain Cloud 18? That game is so...... Well I Think......... I Think.......... Yeah It's Cool. Except the part where you have to die eleventy times before you slay the Dragoonski's Coffin's Breathing Dragons. That Part Is So Confoosing. You Have To Die? Yeah. Ciao Expand
  13. LukeT.
    Feb 23, 2003
    This is the best game in the world.
  14. MikeS.
    Mar 12, 2003
    It tops dc1, that is impressive.
  15. PaulM.
    Mar 17, 2003
    IT WAS GREEEEAAAAATTTT!!!!
  18. ChaseR.
    Mar 10, 2003
    Graphics, ideas, battling, town and weapon creation, etc. This game has everything you would want from a RPG. The Zelda of the PS2.
  19. Trance
    Mar 23, 2003
    This game will definatly beat out any FF game. Finally the downfall of Square... you don't know how long I've been waiting.
  20. JasonJ.
    Mar 7, 2003
    Even though the characters look a little flat what can you say for one of the only RPG's that the characters acually have voices instead of those stupid ballons only FFX was better than Dark Cloud 2.
  21. EricM.
    Jul 13, 2003
    I give this game a 10, I think it rivals the Final Fantasy games, and that Square could learn a thing or two from Level 5. Now... if the creativity of Dark Cloud Saga could unite with the very being that is Final Fantasy... well, I'll leave that to your minds.
  22. LeeM.
    Mar 30, 2006
    Anyone who doesnt like this game has either 1.Not even played it 2.Played it for like 2 minutes 3.Not even tried to like it and outlined all its bad points. Yes i am talking about you mr Anonymus first reviewer! This game is beautiful. I liked the opening credits so much I got the theme on MP3. The story really kept me going. Yeah I know it can be repetitive, but not too often, and the Anyone who doesnt like this game has either 1.Not even played it 2.Played it for like 2 minutes 3.Not even tried to like it and outlined all its bad points. Yes i am talking about you mr Anonymus first reviewer! This game is beautiful. I liked the opening credits so much I got the theme on MP3. The story really kept me going. Yeah I know it can be repetitive, but not too often, and the story makes you want to defeat those dungeons. You could even do a dungeon once in a while, and wander off-theres often something else to do. This is the best RPG on the PS2. Without a doubt. Now to go and listen to "Time is Changing" again. Expand
  23. DanielV.
    Aug 12, 2006
    I think this game was pretty darn good. It had amazing visuals, the charcters you meet were all very intersting, and the invention system in the game was really fun to play with. it could be kinda repetitive at points, but you can easily forgive it for the rich story offered. so yea pick it up and enjoy.
  24. ShawnG.
    Oct 13, 2003
    I really like this game: 1 because its hard to do certian stuff 2 The graphics rock 3 during movies i dont have to read what they are saying.
  25. AaronZ.
    Feb 22, 2003
    It isn't perfect, but it improves upon everything from the first game. Including the repetivness of the dungeon crawling, thanks to a great variety of randomized layouts for each floor.
  26. ShawnR.
    Mar 10, 2003
    One of the best games i ever played!!!!!!!!!!!!
  27. KevinE.
    Mar 12, 2003
    best game ,the best weapons, plot, graphics, and town creation. and the fact of going to the future is great.
  28. PatrickK.
    Mar 12, 2003
    I spent hours playing this game. I am now a pro at it. The georama system is perfect. I also loved the weapons. # 2 on my top 10 list. (and i'm very picky!)
  29. BitCloud
    Mar 17, 2003
    I mean DAAAAMN! This is an AMAZING game that just won't let you go! It'll keep you glued to the tv screen for a looooooong long time. Long long time. It's supposed to be 100 hours long, but maybe it's longer, for sure:) The only other game that will beat this is, of course, Final Fantasy X2! Yeah! Can't wait for FFX2!
  30. DavidS.
    Mar 18, 2003
    I have been playing the game for about 11 hours and i have to admit is a very thought out and strategenic game.

#11 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003
#5 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2003

1. Game Informer
    The complete package for RPG enthusiasts. The exhilarating heights of the story are equaled by great gameplay depth. [Mar 2003, p.80]
  2. Edge Magazine
    When the game eventually gets going, it's almost as much fun as it's predecessor. It's just that it takes several hours to kick off. Dark Cloud 2 still has merit, but it's simply not as enjoyable as the first game. [May 2003, p.95]
  3. A bitch of a game to review. But for the same reasons it's a joy of a game to play. There's just so much to it. It's a town-builder, a compelling dungeon-crawler, a fishing game, a golf game and, in short, a great RPG.