• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Feb 17, 2003
9.1

1. Sep 12, 2014
    I love this game :D It´s so beautiful. The Cel-shading, the Battlesystem, the Feeling and last but not least the awesome Soundtrack made it to the best game ever made.
  2. Apr 17, 2014
    My real score back then would be a 8-9/10, but looking back I realized how utterly nostalgic I was for this game. It is as if there was endless content from building, dungeon crawling, golf, fishing, contests, customization, medals and more. The game is the most perfect RPG on the ps2 for me. The graphics were gorgeous and it had a great soundtrack that, in itself, sounds nostalgic. After downloading the ISO, I was able to finally finish the game that I was so determined to finish before my console broke before the very last boss in zelmite mines. Expand
  3. Mar 26, 2014
    I love cel-shaded Level 5 RPG games. When I play one it feels like every day is my birthday. They're like Skittles candy. This game is a birthday cake, an infinite supply of salty tears to oceans everywhere in the universe. You better believe extraterrestrials are playing this, for they made this game.
  4. Sep 11, 2013
    An almost flawless game. Graphic are gorgeous, story is engaging and deep, main characters are well developed and very likable. Gameplay is rich and varied.

The pacing can get a little slow at some points and the levels suffer from similar repetitiveness that the first game had. But, while these flaws are noticable they are also easily overlooked as there is enough variety in the level
    designs and side activities to keep you distracted.

Overall:
    Dark Cloud 2 (or Dark Chronicle) is perhaps one of my favorite PS2 games. It has everything I want in a game, if not more. For me this is a classic that I can replay over and over and every moment is a joy.
  5. Mar 6, 2013
    Dark Cloud 2 has an amazing world you can lose your self in and there's just so much to do you'll never get board.
    the RPG mechanics are a little shallow and the UI is a little tricky to navigate near end game when you have hundreds of items, other than that i love this game
  6. Nov 20, 2012
    The only drawback to this game is the voice acting, but that isn't too important. Everything else about the game is unique and refreshing and enjoyable.
  7. Jun 30, 2012
    Dark Chronicle is an RPG adventure in its own class. The surroundings are great, both the music and the visuals. They managed to create a varied, interesting and immersive world on the PS2 hardware with something that can almost be considered revolutionary graphics back in 02. The way game just grabs hold of you and keeps you playing is great.

This game joined by other great PS2
    adventures makes the PS2 my favorite home console to this date. Expand
  8. Nov 20, 2010
    The joy of adventure, inventing, and saving the world are every kid's dream, by playing Dark Cloud 2, it felt as if those dreams came true for me. I love Dark Cloud 2's storyline and originality, not to mention the believable graphics and extras, no other game contains such a broad scope of things to do. Many games either focus on the battles or focus on the skill. Dark Cloud 2 contains a mixture of battles and skills and somehow it intertwines everything to the main plot of the story in a very easy to understand way. I was very sad when the game ended but was overjoyed to see that there was a "epilogue" chapter for Dark Cloud 1 fans =P I'm worried about Dark Cloud 3 though, it may not be able to pass up its predescessor since Dark Cloud 2 is just so good, especially after this long way all of us have become way too anxious. Nevertheless, this game is for anyone who loves adventure and the feel of actually being in the story! Collapse
  9. Nov 20, 2010

1. The complete package for RPG enthusiasts. The exhilarating heights of the story are equaled by great gameplay depth. [Mar 2003, p.80]
  2. When the game eventually gets going, it's almost as much fun as it's predecessor. It's just that it takes several hours to kick off. Dark Cloud 2 still has merit, but it's simply not as enjoyable as the first game. [May 2003, p.95]
  3. A bitch of a game to review. But for the same reasons it's a joy of a game to play. There's just so much to it. It's a town-builder, a compelling dungeon-crawler, a fishing game, a golf game and, in short, a great RPG.