• Publisher: Capcom
  • Release Date: Aug 16, 2005
8.4

1. Hereticjames
    Sep 11, 2005
    Great & fun game for all ghothic fans.
  2. Anonymous
    Apr 30, 2007
    Vampires...cowboys...hmmmmm.
  3. DamonK.
    Aug 16, 2005
    Incredible art, great story, lots of movies, and i dig the vampires!
  4. JonathonB.
    Aug 18, 2005
    Most borkworthy game i've yet seen on this newfangled computerized entertainment thing!
  5. SamuraiSlash
    Sep 7, 2005
    For me, I treasure the ambiance and escapist experience within a game. I look forward to plugging in and dropping out... of reality that is. This game serves my needs exceedingly well. For starters, the story works for me. As Jericho Cross you unknowingly release a master vampire demon and basically all hell breaks loose. The weapon selection is somewhat limited but again, serves my needs For me, I treasure the ambiance and escapist experience within a game. I look forward to plugging in and dropping out... of reality that is. This game serves my needs exceedingly well. For starters, the story works for me. As Jericho Cross you unknowingly release a master vampire demon and basically all hell breaks loose. The weapon selection is somewhat limited but again, serves my needs adequetly. The fcat that the game takes place in the late 1800's in the undead wild west makes it quite unique in its own right. Then you throw in a pure blast of adreneline everytime a batch of baddies head your way and this game is a joy to behold. When you snipe off the head of a ghoulish sharpshooter and flames, sparks and blood spews upwards like a ghoulish fountrain, its simply awesome! They've also created amazing sound effects such as a pig squeeling as these creepy dead things meet their maker. There's various missions where you work in unison with other members of the "Darkwatch" rangers and the team effort seems well thought out and intuitive. As a member of the squad your quest to fight the demonic supernatural forces that walk the earth tormenting the innocent, is most satisfying and delicious. When you come across half-dead folks, you have the option to kill or save them and this action dictates which additional powers you receive, either good powers or evil powers. Both, by the the way, are very cool! In closing, let me say this game has been a lot of fun and has had my head spinning faster than a demon with an exploding arrow through his skull. I'd give it a ten but that would make it perfect and I'm still searching for THAT game. It's a fairly short game and could easily be beat within the rental span so give it a shot, so to speak, and take those bastards down!!! Its good ol' creepy FUN! Expand
  6. RobertN.
    Jan 23, 2006
    great game but it was too short, hope they make a sequel.
  7. DannyG.
    Dec 7, 2005
    This game was very good i think the multiplayer was great and same with the effects story line and controls and the gameplay overall.
  8. Jonathan
    Aug 17, 2005
    Best fps on ps2.
  9. AmdiE.
    Aug 20, 2005
    Hands down the best FPS on the PS2. Awesome art and setting. Give me some vampire love!
  10. EdF.
    Aug 23, 2005
    Best first person shooter for the PS2. Story and hands on controls kick butt.
    Sep 16, 2005
    This is a great game, but it's a little too hard. and its not as gory as i would have liked it to be, but the rag-doll physics are great, and the story sucks you in right away. this would make one great movie!
  12. FreakerSoft
    Sep 15, 2005
    Absolutely GREAT game. Good graphics in a great enviroment, and a very good control of Jericho. Awesome weapons. Nice story wich is very original. When you are looking for a cool and creepy FPS, this is a wannahave !!!

1. Quotation forthcoming. [Aug 2005]
  2. Solid and polished enough to please most enthusiasts and supernatural violence. The plot is nearly D.O.A., but we can forgive it. This game is fun. [Sept 2005, p.74]
    Darkwatch mixes its Western Roots with gothic horror and steampunk aesthetics, and the results are uniquely engaging...Just darned good fun while it lasts. [Sept 2005, p.64]