8.2

1. L.G.
    Oct 19, 2003
    While the DDR formula is essentially fun, this game does nothing to expand upon it, and features WAY too many songs from previous games. What's the point? Assuming you've bought this game and invested in dance pads, you will do one of two things: 1. like it and buy the others in the series, or 2. dislike it and not buy the others. I have all the others, and the last thing I want While the DDR formula is essentially fun, this game does nothing to expand upon it, and features WAY too many songs from previous games. What's the point? Assuming you've bought this game and invested in dance pads, you will do one of two things: 1. like it and buy the others in the series, or 2. dislike it and not buy the others. I have all the others, and the last thing I want to hear when I pop in a new DDR game are songs from previous versions. Especially ones that weren't that good to begin with. Thankfully, this version has fewer of the undanceable trip machine and tribal songs that had absolutely no rhythm and were for hardcore DDR dorks who only followed the arrows and didn't care about the music. The addition of more real songs and their videos is nice, but I can't help but think that these edited versions should be a little longer. Expand
  2. MattD.
    Sep 18, 2003
    (Notes: 9.5, actually, for those who care; and this is a preliminary review, based entirely upon the currently-available songlist.) With a song selection comparable to the last US release (DDRMax) in size, but many times better in quality (better US exclusives, songs from DDR Extreme, nothing by Slake, and no Secret Rendezvous), DDRMax2 is probably (no, wait, it IS) the best US release of (Notes: 9.5, actually, for those who care; and this is a preliminary review, based entirely upon the currently-available songlist.) With a song selection comparable to the last US release (DDRMax) in size, but many times better in quality (better US exclusives, songs from DDR Extreme, nothing by Slake, and no Secret Rendezvous), DDRMax2 is probably (no, wait, it IS) the best US release of DDR, and proves that Konami (both KCET and KoA) is convinced that DDR has a future in the US. (Now if only they hadn't shut down Konami Arcade of America...) Some people may complain about the loss of Oni mode; I say it's not that big of a loss, especially considering that the Oni mode we were given with DDRMax was, to put it bluntly, lousy. When there are only six courses available, and one of those courses is 21 songs long, how many people (even among the hardcore players who visit their local arcade to play DDR four times or more in a week) are going to play the Oni mode? Very, very few. Give us the Nonstop mode back; if you want to have Oni in there, make it a third difficulty level for Nonstop (so that people can practice the course beforehand without having to worry about failing it because they make relatively few missteps on a song they're not used to) instead. Expand
  3. joesmith
    Jan 1, 2004
    This game is total bullcrap. The inventers this game were probably bored and had nothing better to do than make this bullshit. They are also so stupid that even a 3 year old could tell that they didn't even make it past pre-k. Someone needs to put the inventers of this cheese-ass puke-chunk game in their place by taking the cheese-ass puke-chunk game, DDR, and, in front of theThis game is total bullcrap. The inventers this game were probably bored and had nothing better to do than make this bullshit. They are also so stupid that even a 3 year old could tell that they didn't even make it past pre-k. Someone needs to put the inventers of this cheese-ass puke-chunk game in their place by taking the cheese-ass puke-chunk game, DDR, and, in front of the inventers, sticking it up thier ass, implying/telling the inventers that that's where this game belongs, in one's ass, and what this BR(Bullshit Revolution) is really all about--fucking, ass-wiping bullshit.

Yours,

Joe Smith
  4. BenT.
    Jan 6, 2004
    This game is just too awesome for words!!!
  5. PersonMister
    Mar 12, 2004
    Amazingly spectacular. Fun and exercicy. It makes u sweat and u have fun too!
  6. Bob
    Nov 26, 2003
    Great game just like the first ddr, but they could have made some new stuff.
    Jan 17, 2004
    I LOVE this game!
  8. MysteryMan
    Nov 13, 2003
    Good game for those Music lovers.

Simply put, DDRMAX2 is the DDR that players know and love, but slightly flashier. Fans won’t be disappointed.
  2. Difficulty modifiers make the game much more enjoyable and the edit mode provides endless hours of play. However, die hard fans of the series may feel betrayed with the lack of challenge the game has to offer. But with an all star track list such as this no fan can afford not to pick this title up.
  3. You’ll never catch me playing this game in the arcades but having DDRMAX 2 on my PS2 ready to humiliate myself in the privacy of my own home is undeniable fun.