9.1

1. Aug 26, 2012
    Perfect balance between gameplay, difficulty, and graphics.

10/10 game. Anyone that doesn't like it is an americna crybaby that can't get past stage 1.
  2. Jun 19, 2011
    i just loved this game there were a few flaws but they were easily forgivible and then all the fun weapons and classes this game is great for anyone who loved spawn and/or god of war
  3. Jan 23, 2013
    One of the best action games ever and one of my favorite games. Combining amazing graphics with diverse, detailed environments, an eclectic yet cohesive soundtrack that ranges from industrial rock to dark ambient, and emotive voice acting (with improved writing) that fleshes out the characters, DMC3 creates a memorable atmosphere that is leagues better than the original and creates a newOne of the best action games ever and one of my favorite games. Combining amazing graphics with diverse, detailed environments, an eclectic yet cohesive soundtrack that ranges from industrial rock to dark ambient, and emotive voice acting (with improved writing) that fleshes out the characters, DMC3 creates a memorable atmosphere that is leagues better than the original and creates a new standard for other games to try to reach. The combat has been improved with more weapons & combos for them, a new "Style" system that changes how you maneuver the environments or how your weapons work, and better targeting & improved camera system. While the difficulty has been ramped up dramatically, skill always wins the day; grinding is an option with all the available unlocks and consumables but never necessary. Most levels end in a memorable boss fight, with each boss having their own personality with unique AI, movement/ability set, and arena. Everything combines in this game to bring together a real masterpiece that will keep you playing for a long time. Expand
  4. Dec 29, 2011
    Great story, Great music, Great deep fighting mechanics, Great Characters, Fantastic gameplay, A lot of diversity of weapons, combos, styles and strategies, The best bosses ever on a game, It's not a retarded button mash game, you gotta learn, be patient and actually have focus to play it, Very Challenging. What else could you want? One of the best games ever. I don't get why some peopleGreat story, Great music, Great deep fighting mechanics, Great Characters, Fantastic gameplay, A lot of diversity of weapons, combos, styles and strategies, The best bosses ever on a game, It's not a retarded button mash game, you gotta learn, be patient and actually have focus to play it, Very Challenging. What else could you want? One of the best games ever. I don't get why some people don't like the game, maybe it's too hardcore for them, or they just like playing pointless retarded button mash games. DMC3 is one of the best games EVER. Expand
  5. Apr 23, 2012
    One of the greatest game i've ever played. Good story, the graphics is better than its predecessors and the gameplay is awesome, is **** speed! Awesome heavy metal soundtrack and good voice acting.
  6. Oct 22, 2012
    With "Devil May Cry" (a superb action game), Capcom had caught lightning in a bottle. Unfortunately, that didn't happen twice with the release of a tepid sequel in 2003. So for the third installment, the developers went back to what made the original so great. In the process, they also went back in the timeline and made a prequel instead. "Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening" recalls theWith "Devil May Cry" (a superb action game), Capcom had caught lightning in a bottle. Unfortunately, that didn't happen twice with the release of a tepid sequel in 2003. So for the third installment, the developers went back to what made the original so great. In the process, they also went back in the timeline and made a prequel instead. "Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening" recalls the original game's style of play and tells the story of the hero's rise to prominence. It's also one of the toughest games Capcom has ever made. DMC 3 is an extremely polished action-adventure that features crazy combat and over-the-top, kinetic cutscenes. This is one of the PS2's best action offerings but the extreme difficulty will not appeal to casual gamers. The game offers four different combat styles to choose from at the beginning of each level. As you progress, you'll be able to power up Dante in a variety of ways while additional weapons become available. It's worth noting that "Devil May Cry 3" is more comparable to the XBOX version of "Ninja Gaiden" than the original DMC. This is due to the emphasis on hyper tough fights, similar boss battles and an extensive arsenal of weaponry. It's not as good as "Ninja Gaiden", but DMC 3 is a much better game than part 2. I'd also recommend the Special Edition which features Dante's brother, Virgil, as a playable character. "Dante's Awakening" is arguably the best installment in the series. Expand
  7. Nov 10, 2012
    The perfection of beat em up combat on the PS2. This game has fast-paced action, tons of combos, great levels and loaded with great (and hilarious) cut-scenes. It's not for everyone mind you.

If you like crazy over-the-top action then this is the game for you. If you prefer a more "serious" or realistic tone to your games then look somewhere else, because this game is in the zone were we stick to fun!
  8. Jan 16, 2013
    What a brilliant game! Extremely hard, enemies coming from all over the place, slick 60 frames per second, tonnes of boss battles. The system is fair and responsive, everything is programmed correctly to make a fine experience. It has six fighting styles, so you choose one at the start of each mission. Trickster is for dodging, royalguard is for intercepting and stopping attacks,What a brilliant game! Extremely hard, enemies coming from all over the place, slick 60 frames per second, tonnes of boss battles. The system is fair and responsive, everything is programmed correctly to make a fine experience. It has six fighting styles, so you choose one at the start of each mission. Trickster is for dodging, royalguard is for intercepting and stopping attacks, swordmaster is for showing off, gunslinger is for making guns more stylish at a distance, quicksilver is for slowing down time, and doppelganger means you can split into 2! Combine this with the fact that you have 5 swords and 5 guns - and you can take 2 of each of those into each mission, and you have... 600 combinations in total! Keep experimenting and you will never get bored. This is one of the best games on the PS2 and stands up today. Expand
  9. Mar 29, 2013
    A fantastic return to form. Perhaps a bit harsh with difficulty at times, but nothing that isn't doable. Great visuals, great narrative, action pact combat. Overall: I can sum up this games in three words: Dante has returned!
  10. Aug 26, 2013
    capcom's masterpiece yes this is one of the best games on the playstaion 2 maybe one of the best of all time amazing balance between graphics game play and difficulty and it also have descent story
  11. Jul 24, 2013
    Before I bought this game, I saw some videos online about this game being one of the most difficult of all time. I honestly never expected to beat it due to the hype about the difficulty. However, I was able to complete this game without much frustration. However, that is not to say that the difficulty was over hyped. Devil May Cry 3 is a very hard game. It requires mastery of all theBefore I bought this game, I saw some videos online about this game being one of the most difficult of all time. I honestly never expected to beat it due to the hype about the difficulty. However, I was able to complete this game without much frustration. However, that is not to say that the difficulty was over hyped. Devil May Cry 3 is a very hard game. It requires mastery of all the mechanics in order for the player to succeed. Being able to complete the game without frustration is a true testament to how good this game actually is. Although there were levels that were borderline maddening, I never felt frustrated. I enjoyed the game so much that whenever I would die, it made me analyze my previous attempt at the level to try and figure out what went wrong. The times I died never felt cheap, and were not due to poor game design. They were because of me. I made errors. But Devil May Cry 3 is such a great game that it made me want to keep playing, no matter how many times I needed to try to beat a level. The combat is very smooth and fast paced, the graphics (for a ps2 game) were very good looking, and the story was deeper than in previous installments of the franchise. Despite Devil May Cry 3 being very difficult, it is a game that I recommend to all action fans. It is an extremely well made game that should be enjoyed by anyone who is up to the challenge. Expand
  12. Sep 28, 2013
    No me jodan, "Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening" tiene la excelencia suficiente como para superar el juego original: jugabilidad placentera, gráficos atormesedores y peleas sólidas que pueden dejarte con la boca abierta.
  13. Sep 30, 2014
    A true masterpiece. Very difficult though, but it's worth the outstanding gameplay, story, and secrets you can find. I actually played this when I was a whole lot younger (9 as a matter of fact then) and got so addicted I beat it on Dante Must Die difficulty. A must buy on PS2.
  14. Oct 31, 2014
    The prequel to the original game, Dante's Awakening brought the series back to life by looking back on the original game and improving on it.

Its the story of a younger Dante battling it out for humanity and his fathers power against his brother Vergil. It takes place in the tower of Temen-ni-gru. This is the tower that has seal the gate to hell and Sparda's power. Each environment

Each environment is fresh and unique. You'll venture to the top of the tower all the way to the bottom faces off against demons and bosses along the way.

Each boss will reward you with a new weapon that you can equip at the tart of the level. They changed up equipment in this game a bit so that you can have 2 slots equipped at a time, but can only switch when you start a new level, which i felt was a bit of a downfall from freely being able to switch from the menus but they give you two slots for devil arms and two slots for guns so its not that big of an issue.

Each weapon is completely unique to the last and changes your combat style completely. You'll get a pair of twin swords that talk to a guitar that shoots bats, you can use the weapons that fit you best.

All the bosses are completely original. You'll fight a horse and chariot to your doppelganger on your way to face off against your brother. You'll find the normal enemies challenging as well.

Overall this game ended up being perfect for me, there was an issue with some people with the original game due to the fact that the difficulty was not set correctly, but they rereleased a special edition with lowered difficulty that people can play. This is my favorite game in the series.

1. A dark mix of revealing narrative and gun-toting, sword-swinging, demon slaying action that works well with a result that's certainly satisfying.
  2. Although there have been many games in this mold, Devil May Cry 3 sets itself apart from others by incorporating fighting styles to keep this game fresh, instead of just repetitive.
  3. Well, we hate to say it, but DMC3 is still no "Devil May Cry." The world has moved on, folks, and a lot of that game's sheen is now standard issue in gaming. [PSW]