8.9

1. Sep 17, 2014
    Not really a game for anyone with OCD or severe completionist anxiety.

This game has the potential to be never ending. I had gone into it over 150 hours until I realized this. While I am a big fan of long games, there is also such a thing as too much. That aside. Animation is good, and done loyally to anime standards. Voice acting is a bit hammy but it just adds to the charm. The
    Not really a game for anyone with OCD or severe completionist anxiety.

That aside. Animation is good, and done loyally to anime standards. Voice acting is a bit hammy but it just adds to the charm. The story is also interesting, but thanks to the deeply addictive and lengthy gameplay, does tend to get lost..

Overall:
    Disgaea is a nice fun game and really cements the tactical role playing game genre. However, the lack boundaries and possibly endless gameplay it is far too easy to get lost and lose the plot. My advice, don't try to do everything, do what you need to and move on. Otherwise you might never finish.
  2. Oct 22, 2013
    Loved this game the moment I played it. As long as you don't mind the anime story telling, this title started the best strategy RPG series to date. I still can't believe how deep these games can be. Atlus had really outdone themselves.

1. What we have here is a game that follows the norm in basic premise as to what we’ve come to expect from console strategy RPGs, but twists it just enough to play a little different and still be very fun.
  2. Atlus separates the men from the quivering, weeping boys with one of the funniest, deepest, and downright dastardly RPG's you'll ever play. [Oct 2003, p.150]
    I thought I had totally burnt myself out, playing for over four hours a day for over a week. I wondered if it was possible to ruin a game by playing it too much. But 60 hours in, I still want more.