Dokapon Kingdom PlayStation 2

6.5

1. Jan 26, 2016
    The game is fun and all. Of course, I have 2 major complaints. 1 is well, how random it is. but 2 is when I get really mad. I'm really mad that when I unlock a class, once I beat the game, I can't pick it as a starting class, making me do all the stuff to unlock that class ALL OVER AGAIN. It's extremely annoying for me to enjoy a class when I can only do it by going through like, about 20The game is fun and all. Of course, I have 2 major complaints. 1 is well, how random it is. but 2 is when I get really mad. I'm really mad that when I unlock a class, once I beat the game, I can't pick it as a starting class, making me do all the stuff to unlock that class ALL OVER AGAIN. It's extremely annoying for me to enjoy a class when I can only do it by going through like, about 20 weeks just to get the class I wanted to play again. I feel like they should of made it that if you unlock a class, you can then pick it as your starting class. But once I found out that you have to unlock the class ALL OVER AGAIN once you start a new game, I pretty much just stopped liking the game. Expand
  2. Nov 3, 2013
    The computer is a cheating bastard. Computer getting whatever roll it needs 99% of the time? Check. Computer always performing the battle action that is best against yours? Check. Knowing what type of random event is on every space? Landing directly on the Darkling space every time? Getting a Contract the same turn they become eligible to do so every single time? Check. Check. Check. AndThe computer is a cheating bastard. Computer getting whatever roll it needs 99% of the time? Check. Computer always performing the battle action that is best against yours? Check. Knowing what type of random event is on every space? Landing directly on the Darkling space every time? Getting a Contract the same turn they become eligible to do so every single time? Check. Check. Check. And that's against an EASY AI. I recommend this game only to game developers as an example of how NOT to program computer-controlled characters. Expand

#18 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2008
#12 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2008

1. Not for everyone. There may be players out there who will think this game was made for them, but as a fan of RPGs and select party games, it's hard to tell who those players might be.
  2. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    Dokapon's fatal flaw is its wait-to-play ratio; since actual engagement between players happens rarely, watching three players take their turns while you twiddle your thumbs wears thin fast. [Dec 2008, p.82]
  3. It’s almost heartbreaking how much wasted potential there is here, and lonely RPG fans are better off playing Tales of Vesperia co-op until a better competitive option comes around.