• Publisher: Atari
  • Release Date: Dec 4, 2003
8.2

1. Goten
    Dec 10, 2003
    Nice looking but plays like the last game and the last game was one of the worst fighters ever.
  2. PaulE.
    Dec 5, 2003
    It's not a fighter, it's "Test Your Might" in 3D.
  3. SiewWaiT.
    Dec 1, 2003
    Wouldn't recommend this game even for Hardcore DB fans. I am a hardcore fan and love the Anime of DB a lot. Therefore, I bought this game. But it's as dissapointing as the first one for PS2. I personally feel that the DB games (in Jap version) that I got from the SNES were a LOT BETTER.
  4. DBZfan
    Dec 16, 2003
    Game sucks. no way around it.
  5. BillM.
    Dec 2, 2003
    Stay away at all costs.
  6. Nov 8, 2013
    I love DBZ, really...I'm a huge DBZ fan. But..seriously. WHAT THE HECK WAS AKIRA THINKING?! The controls are good...but not near perfect. The gameplay and story is horrible. The graphics....suck....butt....I mean...I'm a 2008-era child, but this was a horrible game all in all. I mean...2008-era people are supposed to be all about great graphics and other things.But, this game has it's nameI love DBZ, really...I'm a huge DBZ fan. But..seriously. WHAT THE HECK WAS AKIRA THINKING?! The controls are good...but not near perfect. The gameplay and story is horrible. The graphics....suck....butt....I mean...I'm a 2008-era child, but this was a horrible game all in all. I mean...2008-era people are supposed to be all about great graphics and other things.But, this game has it's name in dirt. Even the first one sucked. Seriously, wanna play a good DBZ game..there are 2 (in my opinion): DBZ Devolution and DBZ Battle of Z. Just saying, you might want this game to die in the dirt later on. Overall, I give this game a 2.5. Expand

Its uninspired controls, lack of character diversity, and the absence of a story mode make this only a marginally entertaining video game.
  2. Worlds above what the first game was, with the greatly improved graphics (beautiful Cel-Shaded graphics)and game modes.
  3. Takes the shallow one-on-one fighting action of its predecessor and repackages it with essentially no noteworthy enhancements to the fighting engine or visuals... Disappointing. [Dec 2003, p.82]