Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2 PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Dec 4, 2003
8.2

1. SamW.
    Dec 10, 2003
    It's really amazing, no comment. Graphically, I was impressed. I had nothing to say. I can't believe how great this was. But, here comes some defaults in the game. Some characters were done in a rush, actually 2 : teen gohan, and future Trunks (not really, he is well done, but not as budokai 1). The second desapointement comes in the sounds. I was desapointed when I saw that the It's really amazing, no comment. Graphically, I was impressed. I had nothing to say. I can't believe how great this was. But, here comes some defaults in the game. Some characters were done in a rush, actually 2 : teen gohan, and future Trunks (not really, he is well done, but not as budokai 1). The second desapointement comes in the sounds. I was desapointed when I saw that the sounds were in american, even in the european version, while the japaneese were better. Teen gohan's voice was the worst as his voice is older than his age. Even if we don't understand japaneese, in budokai 1, there were subtitles in the FMV sequences. The third desapointement, which is more a personal opinion, because many people don't really pay attention, is the abscence of the Story mode, which impressed me a lot in Budokai 1, althought there is a dragon mode that goes throught the story, we regret the abscence of the story mode. Althought this doesn't allow the game to get a good 16/20 as a rate, because of its marvelous investigations. Expand
  2. RonaldD.
    Dec 20, 2003
    If it was possible i would give it a 15 for graphics
  3. JamesR.
    Dec 18, 2003
    This game is GREAT! Way better than the last one, and you can do more stuff. The story may be off but so what the game kicks ass!
  4. Person
    Dec 4, 2003
    This game will be the best.
  5. GameExpert
    Dec 5, 2003
    Better than Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution! Yeah!
  6. Siewwai'sdadkunglao
    Dec 9, 2003
    siew wai is a liar he lied as a child and he became retarded watching too much anime thats why he is talking crap. he cant tell the difference in graphics from snes and PS2. he is using words like recommend, personally, and dissapointing just to sound cool, he doesn't know what it means
  7. VanyeeY.
    Oct 30, 2003
    This looks awsome...better than the other one.
  8. JeffreyC.
    Jan 1, 2004
    This game is by far the best DBZ game ever made.The graphics,gameplay,and characters make the game awsome.The only flaw you will find is the stroy line.Even though it goes way out of hand i still think the game is awesome. I give it a 10.
  9. AtteK.
    Jan 2, 2004
    An awesome nation building game set in the 19th - early 20th century and by a company with an outstanding support and patching record.
  10. MamaP.
    Jul 4, 2004
    I love gameplay but the graphics can do better.
  11. Trunksms
    Nov 17, 2003
    Amazin game best one ever cant wait to see what next one would be like.
  12. MichaelM.
    Dec 8, 2003
    I heard the game rocked! Not many complaints about this game. I like how the people brought in the S.S. 3 and fusion techniques to this game. I'm lovin' it! You should buy this game!!!!!
  13. Dude
    Jan 14, 2004
    I lovd this game! Me and my friend played it for 10 hours!! My customized Gohan rocks!!!
  14. StevenI.
    Jan 17, 2004
    I love this game mode was bad and you cauld of made it better budokai was a better story mode but other than that this game is awsome.
  15. MattR.
    Jan 23, 2004
    This game rocks!. the special attacks have improved, the graphics have improved and the line has improved greatly. The Dragon world mode, although it may have some awkward twists, rocks!
  16. GeorgeH.
    Jan 26, 2004
    I liked the graphics, but i thought the mode where you fight Buu and all them was totally easy. I like the fusing part and turning super saiyan 3 alot with Goku.
  17. ArianH.
    Mar 27, 2004
    I like this game alot its fun has better graphics. the story mode should be better but if they played the sayian saga though cell in budokai 2 like budokai it would be dull. its still a good game i give it a 9.
  18. ForrestM.
    Aug 15, 2004
    This game is good becuse you can be all tree forms of buu and gotanks.
  19. NightmareVegetaKingVegeta
    Aug 3, 2005
    This game is so good, but the first one was more interesting, the best thing that added in this part B2 is the new characters. So That would be great to have this one also in your collection of DBZ Games Fun.......I give 10 Because I love DBZ.
  20. Gogeta
    Dec 12, 2003
    This is the best dbz game i have seen up to date this game is awesome and it has astonishing graphics, and it loads 4 times faster than the first one. True fans must buy this game not for its fighting engine and extreme details but for fan memorabilia.
    Dec 14, 2003
    It is so great.
  22. MohammadA.
    Dec 2, 2003
    Yes it's the best game for ever which i saw in my life.
  23. ChristianO.
    Dec 5, 2003
    This game is definitely the best DBZ game I have ever played. Can't wait to see what comes out next.
  24. MasterB.
    Dec 7, 2003
    This game is FUN!
  25. Gokuson
    Jan 11, 2004
    This game is the f.....n best. i could'nt stop playing.
  26. TroyK.
    Nov 29, 2003
    The graphics were ok, but in whole the game rocks, i recommend that all DBZ?GT fans, should get this game to complete the DBZ experience. all thumbs up.
  27. DarrenS.
    Dec 12, 2003
    This game is awesome any true fan of dbz would love it . The critics just don't know how long fans have been waiting for a game like this.
  28. Thefanatic
    Dec 12, 2003
    This game rocks and Siew Wai t. can lick my nuts with his sorry a** SNES games.
  29. MaxR.
    Dec 19, 2003
    It's a great game with good detial on the finishing moves but could use some work on the player graphics.
  30. MaxR.
    Dec 19, 2003
  31. Mar 7, 2011
    This was a huge improvement over the first one, with more characters and special moves, great graphics and sound, great controls, and a fantastic story mode and multiplayer and tournament modes, cool ways to customize your character and fantastic environments to fight in, make this a game that's easy to learn but difficult to master, add high re-play value, and you've got yourself aThis was a huge improvement over the first one, with more characters and special moves, great graphics and sound, great controls, and a fantastic story mode and multiplayer and tournament modes, cool ways to customize your character and fantastic environments to fight in, make this a game that's easy to learn but difficult to master, add high re-play value, and you've got yourself a fighter that will keep you entertained for many hours still today. Expand

#28 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003

Its uninspired controls, lack of character diversity, and the absence of a story mode make this only a marginally entertaining video game.
  2. Worlds above what the first game was, with the greatly improved graphics (beautiful Cel-Shaded graphics)and game modes.
  3. Play Magazine
    Takes the shallow one-on-one fighting action of its predecessor and repackages it with essentially no noteworthy enhancements to the fighting engine or visuals... Disappointing. [Dec 2003, p.82]