9.0

1. Jan 12, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ridiculously fast paced, many characters and has tons of action, this has got to be the greatest DBZ game i have ever played. If you've played older Tenkaichi games before try this out! If your a newbie to the DBZ world you'll probably have a hard time learning the controls. I give this a 10 out of 10. Expand
  2. Jun 3, 2011
    awesome is just the right word to describe this amazing game.not a fan of DBZ and it's the first game of the series i have played but after 5hours of game play,i just couldn't stop playing.a very addictive game i must say. Being a big fan of naruto,i must confess that naruto's battle system pales in comparism to tenkaichi 3. With such a fast pace combat,a deep deep battle system,fantasticawesome is just the right word to describe this amazing game.not a fan of DBZ and it's the first game of the series i have played but after 5hours of game play,i just couldn't stop playing.a very addictive game i must say. Being a big fan of naruto,i must confess that naruto's battle system pales in comparism to tenkaichi 3. With such a fast pace combat,a deep deep battle system,fantastic game modes and of course lot and lots of playable characters,this game definitely deserves a 10/10.only wished the 2player mode was in btw 2-d and 3-d like tekken 5 rather than the split screen Expand
  3. Jan 29, 2014
    The budokai and the tenkaichi series made my childhood alongside with the anime they are based one. One of the greatest fighting games, if you really are a dbz fan. Go get it!
  4. Feb 8, 2012
    I'm actually writing this review is a response to another review I just saw about this game the annoyed me a great deal. This game is great. It's as simple as that. The Tenkaichi series is quite possibly the great of all DBZ games and Tenkaichi 3 is the best of the series. Although Tenkaichi 2 comes in as the a close second but the third comes out ahead due to balance. First andI'm actually writing this review is a response to another review I just saw about this game the annoyed me a great deal. This game is great. It's as simple as that. The Tenkaichi series is quite possibly the great of all DBZ games and Tenkaichi 3 is the best of the series. Although Tenkaichi 2 comes in as the a close second but the third comes out ahead due to balance. First and foremost I want to say that none of the Tenkaichi games are very well balanced, NONE! However, in Tenkaichi 2 some characters had attacks that were mind-numbingly powerful(Great Ape Baby's Throw), rushing attacks took ZERO ki if they didn't connect and the customization setup was a true game-breaker(Halo for starters cut down energy needed for all attacks in half with no real consequences). Also, everyone has been given their own unique combo set this time around instead of having the generic setup as the other games did and some character have had their move-set changed to avoid having redundant attacks and to keep their techniques more in line to the attacks they actually performed in the anime. So anyone who played Tenkaichi 2 before laying their hands on this will realize that its a bit more difficult to play since you can no longer mash your opponents into oblivion. It actually takes some skill this time around and any DBZ fan should at least have the patience to play this game and realize it's not worth giving a "0" rating. Expand
  5. Apr 5, 2012
    It's Dragon Ball Z is the best, the battle that are successful is the ultimate battle mode and the scenario are the best but it's the graphic that I was disappointed but despite the ca game is very playable and 'are over 70 playable characters, what good game
  6. Jul 10, 2012
    The best dragon ball z game ever made period. i wish they doing this as a hd collection for the 360. hopefully in the future. ..............................................
  7. Nov 16, 2012
    When I say the BEST, I really say that this game is the BEST Dragon Ball game in history, and one of the best shonen-anime game too. Hundreds of different characters and more than 40 transformations, hours and hours playing the history mode or playing with your friend at your home. In ps3, we really miss games like this. This game is much better than the two Raging Blast games or UltimateWhen I say the BEST, I really say that this game is the BEST Dragon Ball game in history, and one of the best shonen-anime game too. Hundreds of different characters and more than 40 transformations, hours and hours playing the history mode or playing with your friend at your home. In ps3, we really miss games like this. This game is much better than the two Raging Blast games or Ultimate Tenkaichi ones in PS3.
    I was only 12 years old when I was playing this game, and then my parents bought me my PS3 ... and then I stop playing this AWESOME game. Perhaps the best dragon ball game made in history....
  8. Nov 8, 2013
    Best DBZ game so far for me. t's basically about every DBZ game ever released, starting out with the first one to the last one. The graphics are similar to DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2 and the controls are spot on. The characters are at it's best and the other necessities of DBZ make this the best game so far. The camera can be controlled by you and it makes the best prequel to any other DBZBest DBZ game so far for me. t's basically about every DBZ game ever released, starting out with the first one to the last one. The graphics are similar to DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2 and the controls are spot on. The characters are at it's best and the other necessities of DBZ make this the best game so far. The camera can be controlled by you and it makes the best prequel to any other DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi game in the series. Nonetheless, I give this game my highest regards. Keep on doing what you're doing, Akira and Funimation. Expand
  9. Nov 9, 2014
    Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 è il miglior videogioco dedicato a Goku e ai suoi amici e sicuramente è uno dei migliori picchiaduro per PS2.Un capolavoro fenomenale.
  10. Mar 9, 2015
    Best Dragon Ball Z game ever to be made. Literally everything about this game was perfect. Imma go as far as to say that this is the best overall fighting game ever created, right up there with naruto ultimate ninja storm 3
  11. Mar 11, 2015
    To the date of this review, no 3D fighting game measures up to dbz: bt 3.

Characters: Almost all relevant figthers in the whole saga, including gt, are here. So pick the one that fits your liking. Story: A quick, shallow version of the series. What's the point of wanting to wath the anime in a game? GO WATCH IT ON THE TV if you want the story! At least it stays true to the story as a
    To the date of this review, no 3D fighting game measures up to dbz: bt 3.

Story: A quick, shallow version of the series. What's the point of wanting to wath the anime in a game? GO WATCH IT ON THE TV if you want the story! At least it stays true to the story as a whole. It also features some relevant sagas that are not extrictly canon (like Broly)

Design: Flawless. Both the art and 3D models are up to date.

Combat: The absolute best in 3D fighting to the date. Fast paced. Precise. Variable. Exciting. Although casuals are also capable of putting the easier combos up for a deluded feel of grandeur, it's only after you expend both hours in training and hours beating your friends that you become as good as in the real anime, letting you relive and even improve the best combats in the anime. You felt frieza and goku talked too much (and they did). Screw that! Get your friend to pro Frieza and fight him in a volcanic Namek. You will feel not only as goku on an about to explode Namek, you will feel a stronger rush from the fight itself than in all those 20'ish chapters all together.

Overall: 9. It's not perfect, and without a solid group of harcore gamers it gets old fast for single player is not as fun. but...
    Given all the crap there is out there in 3D fighting games (say... budokai!), my score is: a perfect 10!
  12. Dec 8, 2011
    This game is just amazing!The music is f***ing great, the game-play is mind-blowing, everything's good expect...the story mode.
    The game is a master piece its just great...The specials are good even the voice acting is good, good characters and almost all transformations in Dragon Ball History.
    But like i said earlier the story mode horrible and sometimes its like dragon ball AF...You can change the story in every mission and specially in the movies representational, for an example: Broly movie you can kill while playing with master Roshi or Piccolo or Vegeta or...ETC.
    Other example is the Bardock movie where Frieza doesn't kill Bardock(like he does in the story line)but Bardock kills him.
    There's also an adventure mode (like an online game) where you grow level earn Z-points Zeni and other things.
    So yeah if you have a great PS2 collection and don't have this game in it go buy it in E-bay or in the closest gaming store!
  13. May 16, 2012
    A game that needs an award. Why the gaming rating webs rated this game so low. It's fun and addictive. It is flash, and visually stunning for a PS2 game. This is a perfect game for a PS2, and one of the best fighting games ever. But, still I'm surprisingly mad by the bad rating from the gaming rating webs. (9.7)
  14. Sep 7, 2012
    A great game made from my favorite anime the only flaw on the game is the story felt much more weaker than tenkaichi 2 did but overall this is one of the best games on the ps2.
  15. Oct 26, 2013
    this game is great
    its very adictive because the gameplay is fast and dynamic
    i liked the characters and the attacks
    best dragon ball z game of ever
  16. Jan 29, 2015
    Dragon Ball Z has always been larger than life and had been a staple for anime games. Unlike its counter part Budokai 3, this DBZ game is far more absurd, and that is fine. If it is a dragonball game it not suppose to be a Street Fighter emulator, it should feel like a dragon ball episode. This is where the Budokai Tenkaichi delivers massive 3D arenas, the ability to throw energy bombs,Dragon Ball Z has always been larger than life and had been a staple for anime games. Unlike its counter part Budokai 3, this DBZ game is far more absurd, and that is fine. If it is a dragonball game it not suppose to be a Street Fighter emulator, it should feel like a dragon ball episode. This is where the Budokai Tenkaichi delivers massive 3D arenas, the ability to throw energy bombs, instant transmission and Transformations.

Atari had been really generous with its character selection, with over 150 characters which includes fighters spanning from the Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Dragon Ball GT universe, which only assists character customization. This is where the ability to make a character truly your own comes into play. For example King Kai's training gives you one or two extra bars of health, and Dende's healing ability heals you through out the battle, which really helps you in those extra long very close fights.

The story mode is also a rewarding feature of the games, not only because you play through the sagas you have watched on TV before but also because you get to earn Dragon Balls through the process, collect all seven and guess what you get to make a wish, now granted it is not exactly a wish like in the anime, but it offers many unlockables, characters, and stages. This coupled with the tournament mode makes for a great game that as timeless as the Akira Toriyama's work.

However at this point the DBZ characters are being rehashed and reused, but there is no way around that and that is understandable, but some of the lower tire characters have the same moves, finishers, and style, and that is just lazy.

9/10 - A great game for any dragon ball fan, not the best arcade fighting game but it is still a treat to Dragon Ball fans. If you have a copy cherish it, if you don't find one at a reasonable price before it gets super expensive.
  17. Apr 14, 2015
    This game is truly amazing! This game has many things to offer . It has very good graphics for a ps2 game

1. Undeniably the best DBZ game to date. The fighting engine has been considerably deepened, the Dragon History mode is flawed but great, and the graphics far surpass the anime.
  2. After three games, you should know by now that this series is primarily for longtime fans, and they have plenty to like. [Holiday 2007, p.82]
  3. The game isn't great, but it delivers the goods for the fans, and that's all it really needs to do.