9.0

1. Jul 10, 2012
    The best dragon ball z game ever made period. i wish they doing this as a hd collection for the 360. hopefully in the future. ..............................................
  2. Jan 12, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ridiculously fast paced, many characters and has tons of action, this has got to be the greatest DBZ game i have ever played. If you've played older Tenkaichi games before try this out! If your a newbie to the DBZ world you'll probably have a hard time learning the controls. I give this a 10 out of 10. Expand
  3. Jun 3, 2011
    awesome is just the right word to describe this amazing game.not a fan of DBZ and it's the first game of the series i have played but after 5hours of game play,i just couldn't stop playing.a very addictive game i must say. Being a big fan of naruto,i must confess that naruto's battle system pales in comparism to tenkaichi 3. With such a fast pace combat,a deep deep battle system,fantastic game modes and of course lot and lots of playable characters,this game definitely deserves a 10/10.only wished the 2player mode was in btw 2-d and 3-d like tekken 5 rather than the split screen Expand
  4. Oct 28, 2011
    very disappointing game, the gameplay is much worse than 2, and too difficult, the controls are very frustrating, then the defects remain as always, there are still very annoying invisible barriers, then the Modular history and very short, and lacks many major battles, and was cut to 70-80% of the true story, Then it is done very badly. Then many of the characters moves are very bad,and a very disappointing game and then very bad Expand
  5. Dec 8, 2011
    This game is just amazing!The music is f***ing great, the game-play is mind-blowing, everything's good expect...the story mode.
    The game is a master piece its just great...The specials are good even the voice acting is good, good characters and almost all transformations in Dragon Ball History.
    But like i said earlier the story mode horrible and sometimes its like dragon ball AF...You can
    change the story in every mission and specially in the movies representational, for an example: Broly movie you can kill while playing with master Roshi or Piccolo or Vegeta or...ETC.
    Other example is the Bardock movie where Frieza doesn't kill Bardock(like he does in the story line)but Bardock kills him.
    There's also an adventure mode (like an online game) where you grow level earn Z-points Zeni and other things.
    So yeah if you have a great PS2 collection and don't have this game in it go buy it in E-bay or in the closest gaming store!
  6. Jan 29, 2014
    The budokai and the tenkaichi series made my childhood alongside with the anime they are based one. One of the greatest fighting games, if you really are a dbz fan. Go get it!
  7. Feb 8, 2012
    I'm actually writing this review is a response to another review I just saw about this game the annoyed me a great deal. This game is great. It's as simple as that. The Tenkaichi series is quite possibly the great of all DBZ games and Tenkaichi 3 is the best of the series. Although Tenkaichi 2 comes in as the a close second but the third comes out ahead due to balance. First and foremost I want to say that none of the Tenkaichi games are very well balanced, NONE! However, in Tenkaichi 2 some characters had attacks that were mind-numbingly powerful(Great Ape Baby's Throw), rushing attacks took ZERO ki if they didn't connect and the customization setup was a true game-breaker(Halo for starters cut down energy needed for all attacks in half with no real consequences). Also, everyone has been given their own unique combo set this time around instead of having the generic setup as the other games did and some character have had their move-set changed to avoid having redundant attacks and to keep their techniques more in line to the attacks they actually performed in the anime. So anyone who played Tenkaichi 2 before laying their hands on this will realize that its a bit more difficult to play since you can no longer mash your opponents into oblivion. It actually takes some skill this time around and any DBZ fan should at least have the patience to play this game and realize it's not worth giving a "0" rating. Expand
  8. Apr 5, 2012
    It's Dragon Ball Z is the best, the battle that are successful is the ultimate battle mode and the scenario are the best but it's the graphic that I was disappointed but despite the ca game is very playable and 'are over 70 playable characters, what good game
  9. May 16, 2012
    A game that needs an award. Why the gaming rating webs rated this game so low. It's fun and addictive. It is flash, and visually stunning for a PS2 game. This is a perfect game for a PS2, and one of the best fighting games ever. But, still I'm surprisingly mad by the bad rating from the gaming rating webs. (9.7)
  10. Sep 7, 2012
    A great game made from my favorite anime the only flaw on the game is the story felt much more weaker than tenkaichi 2 did but overall this is one of the best games on the ps2.
  11. Nov 16, 2012
    When I say the BEST, I really say that this game is the BEST Dragon Ball game in history, and one of the best shonen-anime game too. Hundreds of different characters and more than 40 transformations, hours and hours playing the history mode or playing with your friend at your home. In ps3, we really miss games like this. This game is much better than the two Raging Blast games or Ultimate Tenkaichi ones in PS3.
    I was only 12 years old when I was playing this game, and then my parents bought me my PS3 ... and then I stop playing this AWESOME game. Perhaps the best dragon ball game made in history....
  12. Feb 15, 2013
    When i was younger i loved this game. Yes, the 1st Tenkaichi was too difficult for me, and I had so much frustration with it. Now this game improved that. Controls were good, and i always managed to pull off sick combos. Well okay i played on the easiest difficulty but THAT DOESN'T MATTER! This game is fun, and awesome, especially if you are a DBZ fan.
  13. Apr 18, 2013
    This is the definite Dragon Ball Z game, and heaps of fun. For those new to the Budokai Tenkaichi trioligy, it's a 3D fighting game that's fairly simple but at the same time takes ages to truly master. You'll have to pick up more techniques as you play, but you can still jump right into the game with the basic skills you need. You can have heaps of consecutive what-if battles with the game's huge roster, basically containing 90% of the Dragon Ball cast. That's roughly 150 (don't qoute me on that) playable characters. The story mode features most of the major battles of the anime, but not much else it cuts out a lot of other battles just to feature the most barebones experience. Especially dissapointing because there's a huge roster that you can put to use to feature every last battle in the story. Thankfully, you can do this yourself in the standard versus mode and play the story from start to finish (Maybe write down all the battles and what characters and stages to use). Other modes include five different tournaments, which is also good fun. Especially if you can get a friend or two to join. You can also collect Dragon Balls this way, and once you have all seven you can make a wish to Shenron (or one of the other Enternal Dragons, it's randomly generated) and get new characters, stages and customization items. And then there's 'Ultimate Battle', which features a simulation-ish mode where you pick a character and train up until the day of your next fight comes, and through this mode you can get new missions for the mission mode. Clear enough missions and you also unlock a survival mode, where you play one of three scenarios to try and beat as many of the 50 opponents as you can. If you own the first two games you can also use what's called 'Disc Fusion' to access one specific mode from both games. You should be able to find the game pretty cheap as with most old PS2 games. I played the PS2 version, the Wii version adds motion controls with the Wii Remote and Nunchuck so you can use the fighter's powers by performing the motions to use it (you can also use a Classic Controller to play standard style), and you also get online mode, although from what I've heard it suffers from lots of lag, and even then you wouldn't find any matches online nowadays. If you're looking at what one Dragon Ball game to try out I'd reccomend this one, it was one of my first ones. Excellent fighting game for Dragon Ball fans and just pure fun. Expand
  14. Oct 26, 2013
    this game is great
    its very adictive because the gameplay is fast and dynamic
    i liked the characters and the attacks
    best dragon ball z game of ever
  15. Nov 8, 2013
    Best DBZ game so far for me. t's basically about every DBZ game ever released, starting out with the first one to the last one. The graphics are similar to DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2 and the controls are spot on. The characters are at it's best and the other necessities of DBZ make this the best game so far. The camera can be controlled by you and it makes the best prequel to any other DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi game in the series. Nonetheless, I give this game my highest regards. Keep on doing what you're doing, Akira and Funimation. Expand
  16. Nov 9, 2014
    Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 è il miglior videogioco dedicato a Goku e ai suoi amici e sicuramente è uno dei migliori picchiaduro per PS2.Un capolavoro fenomenale.

1. Undeniably the best DBZ game to date. The fighting engine has been considerably deepened, the Dragon History mode is flawed but great, and the graphics far surpass the anime.
  2. After three games, you should know by now that this series is primarily for longtime fans, and they have plenty to like. [Holiday 2007, p.82]
  3. The game isn't great, but it delivers the goods for the fans, and that's all it really needs to do.