Dragon Ball Z: Budokai PlayStation 2

• Publisher: Atari
  • Release Date: Dec 3, 2002
8.0

1. Mar 7, 2011
    Dragon Ball Z: Budokai is a great fighter, with a great selection of characters, and a fun story mode, but is lacking in tournament modes and replay value, but has some pretty good multiplayer, if your a fan of the DBZ Budokai series and you want to see where it began this is a great purchase.
  2. Nov 8, 2011
    Each fight in the game is harder than the one before it so hardcore gamers will like the difficulty. The fighting is fast so a lot of button mashing is required. It follows the Dragon Ball Z storyline very well. If you like fighting games, then you just might like this game.
  3. IkabarúG.
    May 18, 2003
    The best game ever!!! however, there is more story to be played! not only 3 sagas... where is majin boo? of Super sajain 3?
  4. DeadlyWarrior
    Dec 15, 2002
    This games okay.
  5. Matt
    Aug 8, 2003
    There will Be a Dragonball Z: Budokai 2 coming out this fall. I Can't wait for that! This is a GGRREEEEEEEEEEAAAATT GAME!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Ou-yung(VoiceofGoku)Suiwumn
    Dec 16, 2002
    Being that I'm the voice of Goku, I absolutely love this game! If your a Dragon Ball Z fan, what are you waiting for? Go out there, steal from your parents and BUY THIS GAME NOW!!!! And don't forget to listen to my voice Mon-Fri 6:30!!
  7. ChrisH.
    May 22, 2003
    I rated this game a 9 because it is overall, a dragon ball z game, and it has intense and realistic gam play , but 2 reasons that i gave this game a 9 is because you can't jump i mean come on you can fly can't you,and that it doesn't include majin buu in it thats all ,peace out.
  8. RichardI.
    Apr 24, 2003
    First thing's first, this is the best DBZ videogame I have ever played. PROS: The graphics are superb, and the gameplay and control is great. You can use each character's signature moves and abilities. CONS: Since I AM a DBZ fan, it would have been better if it went up to the Majin Buu saga. You can't jump, or fly left and right, and they should've made it harder to First thing's first, this is the best DBZ videogame I have ever played. PROS: The graphics are superb, and the gameplay and control is great. You can use each character's signature moves and abilities. CONS: Since I AM a DBZ fan, it would have been better if it went up to the Majin Buu saga. You can't jump, or fly left and right, and they should've made it harder to beat. Overall, this game is worth every penny, and if you're a DBZ fan (and have a PS2) I recomend getting this game. Expand
  9. DannyX.
    Feb 16, 2003
    It's cool and fun to play but hard to get characters.The hardes to get is the dragonballs. It is to easy to beat the game and it took me one day to beat it.
  10. ScorpionA.
    Dec 6, 2002
    This game is awesome.. u can transform in the middle of the game (unlike GT final bout) and it's awesome.
  11. EddieS.
    Jan 14, 2003
    This game is awesome if your a DragonballZ Fan, I would not recommend this to anybody who does not like DBZ though. But snice I'm one this gets a ten.
  12. DBZBboby
    Jan 7, 2003
    This is the best DBZ game out there and a great game overall.I realy hope that they make a sequel to this awesome game :) peace out.
  13. Goku
    Mar 4, 2003
    This game rocks! its the perfect fighting game espiecely if your a die hard dragonball z fan.
  14. StephanieI-A.
    Jun 9, 2003
    THIS GAME ROCKS ALL YALL WHO THINK IT SUKS NEED A BRAIN CHECK.
  15. Goku'sTrainee
    Dec 9, 2002
    This Game has Excellent control and Quality. I like the Fast Pase set in the Story mode. I also like the cut scenes to. The Signiture moves look so awesome!!! Unlocking most characters will be the main goal for most fans. If this game were to come out for Xbox, alot more people would give a good rating. I love this game, and I think it is awesome how it got so much showtime even before it This Game has Excellent control and Quality. I like the Fast Pase set in the Story mode. I also like the cut scenes to. The Signiture moves look so awesome!!! Unlocking most characters will be the main goal for most fans. If this game were to come out for Xbox, alot more people would give a good rating. I love this game, and I think it is awesome how it got so much showtime even before it came out to america. All in all, I would say, If you get this game, it will be well worth it. Expand
  16. TeddyBear
    Dec 16, 2002
    This game is not the best game out there I can give u that but, this is the best one that Dragonball Z has put out and if you ask me I think later on it will get better for Dragon Ball Z. As far as game play its simple but never the less better then the other Dragon Ball Z games. I like this game and some of the "non DBZ fans" have loved it and now want to see the sagas. This game is a This game is not the best game out there I can give u that but, this is the best one that Dragonball Z has put out and if you ask me I think later on it will get better for Dragon Ball Z. As far as game play its simple but never the less better then the other Dragon Ball Z games. I like this game and some of the "non DBZ fans" have loved it and now want to see the sagas. This game is a must see and play. It has so much game play other then story mode and duel. Till then... Expand
  17. QuamtarisB.
    Feb 12, 2003
    This game is the bombed! It is awesome! It rocks! It bad to the bone! Will there be a Dragon Ball Z Budokai 2.
  18. GeorgeC.
    Dec 13, 2002
    This is truly a good game for all the DBZ fan out there... DBZ might have be known to be a kiddy cartoon... well... American version censors alot, if ya watching the japanese version then u can c guts blowing all over the place... now DATS for kids... aint it? Stardust?
  19. Aznsky
    Dec 19, 2002
    I think this game is still fun even if your not that into dbz and this game was a big improvement from gt final bout. and gt finaly bout is the wirst fighting game ever.
  20. BryonC.
    May 5, 2003
    THIS IS THE BEST DBZ GAM EVER!!
    Dec 20, 2002
    Superb - Funny, violent and entertaining, but what is with Hurcule being such a good fighter?
  22. JamesT.
    Jan 4, 2003
    I love this game it has great graphics, fun gameplay... It's the greatest DBZ game I have played in a long time!
  23. B.Blaine
    Sep 16, 2003
    Hee, Hee. . .awesome . . (faints from pleasure)
  24. Brennan_The_ShamanLester
    Nov 16, 2003
    Go Goku!Great for parties!Fun for pretty much everyone!Nuff' said 4 the good things.Bad things now Lame-o graphics & some spec. moves are the same as others.
  25. DaveH.
    Nov 26, 2003
    The best dragon ball z game yet.
  26. AshMan
    Jan 14, 2004
    Not as cool as Super Smash Brors melee, but it is pretty sweet. Gohan and #17 are the coolest.
  27. DragonKnightofFinalFantasy
    Nov 28, 2004
    This is a must buy for fans because of it's accurate story mode, tournments, skills, and the characters which are all voiced by thier American voice actors. Yet all the characters have the same button combinations for their skills (example: Vegeta's Galick Gun is punch 4x and a energy blast and Ginyu's Milky Cannon is 4 punches and an energy blast) yet some are slower and This is a must buy for fans because of it's accurate story mode, tournments, skills, and the characters which are all voiced by thier American voice actors. Yet all the characters have the same button combinations for their skills (example: Vegeta's Galick Gun is punch 4x and a energy blast and Ginyu's Milky Cannon is 4 punches and an energy blast) yet some are slower and some do more damage then others which is good . Another con is that some moves look identical to others. Yet it is still great to play, yet Soul Calibur II or Virtua Fighter IV: Evolution are both better purchases. Expand
  28. NightmareVegetaKingVegeta
    Aug 3, 2005
    This game is perfect and this is the first step of Budokai, and there are now Budokai 2, and Budokai 3. So The best of them is Budokai3, but if you like DBZ I think that you should have B1 and with Budokai 2. And have fun... I give it 10 Because it's the best of the best. See Yeah...
  29. Darkness
    Mar 16, 2003
    Da graphics r mad awesome.... soooo realistic!
  30. TeenG.
    Dec 30, 2002
    I am a big DBZ fan. I agree that without the license it wouldn't do well. I also think it would improve its expandibility. This game is great. I got a great story mode that leaves out piece so after you beat it you can go back and pick them up. It has a wold tornament mode that lets you fight in 3 tournament. There is a practice mode and more. I am not interested in a lot of games, I am a big DBZ fan. I agree that without the license it wouldn't do well. I also think it would improve its expandibility. This game is great. I got a great story mode that leaves out piece so after you beat it you can go back and pick them up. It has a wold tornament mode that lets you fight in 3 tournament. There is a practice mode and more. I am not interested in a lot of games, but this one ranks high with me. I enjoyed alot and eveyone that plays with me enjoys it just a much if not more. Expand
  31. ShinobiK.
    Dec 29, 2002
    The only hard parts are unlocking hercule and saiyaman, everything else is well EASY, most of this stuff is childish, but the fighting kinda good, buy this game if u feel like it, dont use my opinion to buy it though.

#10 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002

Non–Dragon Ball Z fans, however, may have a hard time not only grasping the quirky DBZ story, but also wrapping their fingers around the repetitious controls.
  2. Dramatic, hilarious and impenetrable by turn, it's a cold heart that won't be warmed by this one, but hardcore fight fans may find themselves irritated.
  3. A Dragonball fan’s dream. It is the first "true" American game based on the series, and Infogrames really came through on this one.