9.0

1. May 25, 2013
    This game is worth taking a chance on in 2013 if you are very bored, but like adventure action. There is a story, so its not a pure action game that you can blast through. You have to navigate and do item collection quite a bit. Thankfully you don't really get too lost and everything keeps pace. The environments, textures, and animations don't look like much at first, but it gets goingThis game is worth taking a chance on in 2013 if you are very bored, but like adventure action. There is a story, so its not a pure action game that you can blast through. You have to navigate and do item collection quite a bit. Thankfully you don't really get too lost and everything keeps pace. The environments, textures, and animations don't look like much at first, but it gets going once you are put on your first quest. The controls are a bit clunky, but this is an older game. Its like a 2nd or 3rd Tomb Raider engine. The enemies are pretty funny. The first quest is a balance of creepy and silly with magic gremlins. Its not as fluid as devil may cry, and perhaps this game needs more finishing touches, but its very playable and gives you a lot to do. As an RPG you'll start to feel like the character after awhile. I have to deduct some points because some areas, like the first castle don't look finished. The controls aren't perfect, and some things about this game are average. All in all this should be good for hours of gameplay whether you beat it or not. If you are already a fan of the genre or older ps2 games you'll like it. Expand
  2. May 22, 2012
    Truly one of the best ps2 games I've ever played. I don't like that the game has an end- I'd have preferred a continued open world. But that just goes to show how great of an experience it was when I first played it.
  3. Aug 10, 2013
    The best game I ever played. Although there was an unnecessarily large difficulty spike halfway through the game, the overall excellence overshadows it.
  4. Jun 11, 2013
    Awesome 3/4's of a game! It's a shame they wimped out and didn't have a decent ending. Just 5 more minutes of wrapping everything up would have been enough to get a score of 9. An open-ended world afterwards would let me give a score of 10. But I bought my PS2 years ago just to play this game, and was happy with the decision. Great game, great fun! Flying on a dragon is something theyAwesome 3/4's of a game! It's a shame they wimped out and didn't have a decent ending. Just 5 more minutes of wrapping everything up would have been enough to get a score of 9. An open-ended world afterwards would let me give a score of 10. But I bought my PS2 years ago just to play this game, and was happy with the decision. Great game, great fun! Flying on a dragon is something they don't have much of anymore, and I miss it. Expand

1. Continues in the tradition of it's origins; providing a quick to get into and unique game with plenty of monster slaying, an ultra-cool heroine, a feisty but noble dragon, open character development, and plenty of foot and aerial combat to indulge in.
  2. If you like a good story, mixed in with breathtaking visuals, magnificent audio, and extraordinary game play you’d be a fool to miss out on this sleeper hit of the year.
  3. Suffers from a steep difficulty curve. Blame it on the excessive enemy quotient, the steep cost of healing, and the unwieldy inventory control. [Feb 2002, p.148]