Drakengard 2 PlayStation 2

• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Feb 14, 2006
6.4

1. Jul 6, 2014
    One of the great games i ever play, drakengard series must still live for more decades. Epic soundtrack, epic and emotional characters and epic finals!!
  2. SEGA
    Nov 6, 2007
    An ok game. Much like the first with a few improvements. However, the music is not quite as good as in the first. I preferred the whole chaotic style of the originals. Still a good game though.
  3. OscarA.
    Jun 26, 2007
    Once again, it looks like fans of the series are blinded by their feelings for it. I myself loved the first one and thought the second addition was very enjoyable. However, it's far from the perfect 10 many of my fellow reviewers have given it. Like the first one, Drakengard suffers from terribly repetitive gameplay and sloppy game mechanics. Unlike the first one, it doesn't Once again, it looks like fans of the series are blinded by their feelings for it. I myself loved the first one and thought the second addition was very enjoyable. However, it's far from the perfect 10 many of my fellow reviewers have given it. Like the first one, Drakengard suffers from terribly repetitive gameplay and sloppy game mechanics. Unlike the first one, it doesn't offer the same out of your mind story elements that made the first one so unusally enjoyable. Overall, this game is a re-hash of the first one with too few improvements and one very noticeable downgrade. Expand
  4. AbB.
    Apr 25, 2007
    First one was wicked but second one improved everything that needed improving.......player involvement, gameplay, speed, movement, n a blossoming romance for good measure! one of those marmite games..........you either love it hate it. I have quite high standards for games n this met them and more. Near perfection.
  5. RedXIII
    Jul 27, 2006
    I really enjoyed the first drakengard because the time it came out the graphics were awesome and the coolness of being able to ride a dragon made it all worth while. This one however seems to have no difference from the original at all, except a new storyline, new characters, and thats about it. The gameplay is exactly the same, the graphics are almost equal to the one that was released I really enjoyed the first drakengard because the time it came out the graphics were awesome and the coolness of being able to ride a dragon made it all worth while. This one however seems to have no difference from the original at all, except a new storyline, new characters, and thats about it. The gameplay is exactly the same, the graphics are almost equal to the one that was released years ago. Sure its still fun to ride on a dragon burning things up and then jumping off and hacking and slashing the crap out of enemies, but it gets real repetive real fast. The only reason this game got a 4 is because of the price ($20) and the fact that for the first hour or so it is very fun hack and slash game, but it lacks quality, it had so much potential to build off of the first one but dropped well short of the mark. Disappointed! Expand
  6. AdamB.
    Jul 12, 2006
    Incredible. The combat is brilliant, the levelling up fun, and the only problem is some occasionally frustrating arial ( sp?) battles. One for RPG lovers, but if its your thing, you wont be dissapointed.
  7. TomS.
    Mar 7, 2006
    great simply astounding my favorite game ever besides DoD1.
  8. ConnF.
    Feb 20, 2006
    Incredible game. Just perfect. I love the amazing story, excellent voice acting, and beautiful music. I'm VERY impressed.

1. The graphics are really basic for a PS2 game, but the cinematics look incredible. The on-foot mode is just plain boring, ... and most of the game concentrates on that mode, sadly. [JPN Import]
  2. Game Informer
    From a gameplay standpoint, this is probably more aptly called "Drakengard 1.5" rather than a full sequel, but the improvements make the series' tantalizing mix of big action and dragon airfights much more playable than the first. [Mar 2006, p.106]
    Almost a mirror image of the first game, which is both good and bad. While it has a great story, it also suffers from some of the cardinal sins of action gaming. You'd think that by adding a kick-ass dragon in to the mix that you'd be dealing with a winning formula. It's just too bad, however, that this doesn't end up being the case.