Dynasty Warriors 3 PlayStation 2

• Publisher: Koei
  • Release Date: Nov 26, 2001
9.1

1. Apr 13, 2011
    hi.................................................................................................................................................................................
  2. KennedyH.
    Feb 14, 2002
    I think this is a great game that I have ever played. I like this game very much.
  3. JayH.
    Mar 8, 2002
    Insanely addictive... many, may hours of play and TONS of replay value. Co-op is great, minus the fog/popup.
  4. JasonC.
    Apr 10, 2002
    This is the coolest game ever, plus it will take a long time to conquer the game with everyone.
  5. ZinnyW.
    Nov 15, 2002
    Can be rewarding after unlocking all the character, but with all the mist you can hardly see where you 're heading.
  6. AustinM.
    Feb 8, 2002
    Much better than DW2, two players makes it much more fun.
  7. BonnerB.
    Feb 9, 2002
    Awesome 2 playas make it a must! I would of given it a ten if it was really gorey!!! MA17+ RULEZ!!!
  8. DJS.
    Mar 4, 2002
    Great game... I'm hooked.
  9. RickR.
    Apr 7, 2002
    Easy to get into, fantastic amount of depth, totally addicting gameplay, incredible replay value, lots of items/weapons/characters/levels to unlock, will take weeks/months to unlock everything.
  10. Enthasius
    Jul 2, 2002
    The graphics may be only reasonable, but I don't play games for pure graphics (though I do like something to look at) Dynasty warriors 3 is a clear masterpiece for gameplay, and its re-play value is awesome. Ive never played any game, besides certain RPG's, more than this game, Brilliant work Koei, I hope part four of this game is even better, if possible.
  11. ArthurA.
    Jul 28, 2002
    This is a great game. I love the story line and it has lots of action by the way does anybody know if ther is going to be a 4 coming out any time soon .
  12. S.B.
    May 21, 2003
    2nd best game on the market in my opinion.Ive beat DW3 multiple times.I fall in love with it all over again every time I play it.Its action mixed with adventure.Its all the fun from Tekken Tag Tournement and Tekken 3 put together and a bag of chips.Voices come a little early befor the characters mouth is moveing but the 4th weapons make up for that.Musics decent but it could be 2nd best game on the market in my opinion.Ive beat DW3 multiple times.I fall in love with it all over again every time I play it.Its action mixed with adventure.Its all the fun from Tekken Tag Tournement and Tekken 3 put together and a bag of chips.Voices come a little early befor the characters mouth is moveing but the 4th weapons make up for that.Musics decent but it could be improved.Havent found a better action/adventure game yet except for DW4.10/10 Expand
  13. SenoirCheese
    May 9, 2003
    Great! This Game Rocks and is miles better than any other game!!!!
  14. Akucat
    Jun 27, 2003
    Great game. This is one of those games you can play even after you beat it over and over again. The variety of characters also makes it a great game. This is kind of like Super Mario Smash Brothers, it will never really get old. My first favortie ps2 game out there.
  15. JayC.
    Dec 12, 2001
    A little more difficult than its predecessor, and the graphics in my opinion down graded. Some people may appreciate the voice overs, but I could have done without them. But over all, still a good game.
  16. DanielL.
    Nov 1, 2002
    It is a wicked game i have it myself a must have for the ps2.
  17. TheLordOfHavoc
    Jan 3, 2002
    This game has everything! Massive amount of violence and you can learn some historical information about this true period in time.
  18. TheMainMan
    Jan 8, 2002
    Awesome Carnage!! Wade into the battlefield with a huge sword and slaughter everybody!! YES!!
  19. CaseyW.
    Feb 15, 2002
    It's fun on two player but the screen gets too small. I could play this game forever or until Dynasty Warriors 4 comes out. The thing i like is it's the the only game like it that I know of.
  20. AgentF.
    Feb 5, 2002
    This game was great! I just got my hands on it not more than 32 hours ago and i haven't stopped playing (cept for the few naps in between).
    Feb 8, 2002
    GREAT! Loved it! Much better than it's predecessor! Fighting and war game in one! A one man/woman (the chick with the fans is off da hizzle) army! With backup! The only bad thing realy is that well... the voice acting sucks n*ts.
  22. BradJ.
    Mar 16, 2002
    This is the best game ever. Zhou Yun is the best. Everytime you play it it changes.
  23. JahretheBiasOne
    Mar 18, 2002
    I am completely addicted to this game! I stay up all night trying to build up my character. Then, build up others. Each character adds various fun to the game!
  24. LukeA.
    Mar 21, 2002
    This is by far the best game PS2 has ever come out with in my opinion. It ROX!!!
  25. Kyle"KMan"
    Apr 26, 2002
    No matter what my favorite game! Rented it for a week and went crazy over it with my older brother!!! My Character : Zhao Yun Force: Shu Weapon: 4th Weapon : Fierce Dragon(fire charged dragon spear) My Bro`s : Dian Wei Force: Wei Weapon: 4th Weapon : Madbull (electrically charged bull axe).
  26. Pete
    Jul 13, 2002
    This game is the sweetest game ever. The graphics are great, lots of characters, and you can ride a big nasty elephant!
  27. TonyC.
    Jul 21, 2002
    The people in the game that kick @$$ r LU BU and Xiahou yaun.
  28. Blade
    Jul 21, 2002
    This game rules!!!! It has lots of weapons, chearters, and levels, i love Lu Bu he kicks ass i love the weapons all of the people have!!! they're awesome!!!! u should BUY IT!!!!!
  29. JonM.
    Jul 5, 2002
    The game was overall really good but i couldent keep up with all the weird chinese names and story.
  30. KiTheonlyone
    Mar 29, 2003
    Good but the levels are repetitve and takes ages to complete.
  31. JoeC.
    May 29, 2003
    One of the greatest games ever invented!
  32. TysonB.
    Feb 13, 2004
    This game is still one of the best fighting titles yet.
  33. PaulT.
    Dec 9, 2001
    Awesome replay value. I could play it for hours!!!
  34. TarikT.
    Nov 21, 2002
    Great game, if u dont have a game to play get this one it will last you for at least three months, a good time killer, and a good game to relieve your anger.
  35. Daedalus
    Oct 23, 2002
    A great game, one of my all time favorites. Excellent gameplay, replay value, and graphics. The audio is pretty good too, the sound effects are great i think the music could use some work but fortunately you can turn it down. A must have game for the PS2. Lets all just hope they make a Dynasty Warriors 4 and bring it stateside.
  36. JakeB.
    Jan 25, 2002
    Just the game I was looking for. I had hoped to find a game like this.
  37. NickG.
    Jan 31, 2002
    This game is AWESOME!! It is one of the best games I have ever played.
  38. RudeY.
    Feb 17, 2002
    I can't wait for the 4th one to come out.
  39. WarlordG.
    Feb 17, 2002
    I'd give it a 100,000 if there were more charecters.
  40. GaryB.
    Feb 18, 2002
    I was never going to get this game, but when my cousin brung it over, I got addicted to it, I ignored all my other games and played only DW3, my cousin seen how much I liked it and he gave it to me and now I cant stop playing.
  41. DavidL.
    Mar 16, 2002
    I play this game a lot and it is really good.
  42. Winson
    Jul 24, 2002
    This game is awesome and all the names are all true and the battle places.
  43. JoeyR.
    Oct 18, 2003
    This game is awesome.
  44. AndrewY.
    Mar 16, 2004
    This game rocks. it almost feels like your in a real battle!
  45. JamesC.
    Dec 27, 2002
    This game kicks major @$$!!! I haven't played DW1 or DW2 but it is awesome! There are lots of characters and weapons and you get to step on people with an elephant! What more could you ask for?
  46. Mar 26, 2011
    One of the best games I have ever played. I don't think i've played any other game as much as i've played this. 40+ characters, loads of stages, levelling, secret items and weapons, coop, versus and awesome music. Definitely the greatest Dynsty Warriors game so far (will probably be better than 7 too). Dynasty Warriors 4 is a close second. Everyone with a PS2 should have this game =]
  47. Oct 28, 2013
    The classic Dynasty Warriors game. Great gameplay, great progression. KOEI had ruined the series by DW5, making it a horrible, easy grind-fest. This game is not that at all. You need to make tactical decisions on the fly, and use cleverness to win battles and beat advanced enemies.

If only someone would make an MMORPG of this instead of that horrible DW Empires water-down that is DW Online.
  48. Dec 26, 2013
    one of the Greatest games i have ever played to this day. This owned my life most of my four years in high school. I had d w 2, 3, and 4. 3 was by far the best. The user score for this game is more realistic. Imagine being a warrior on a battle field and turning the tide of battle by yourself. Every character has sweet mosou modes and items was a nice upgrade by d w 2. I love this game. Ione of the Greatest games i have ever played to this day. This owned my life most of my four years in high school. I had d w 2, 3, and 4. 3 was by far the best. The user score for this game is more realistic. Imagine being a warrior on a battle field and turning the tide of battle by yourself. Every character has sweet mosou modes and items was a nice upgrade by d w 2. I love this game. I must of played this game for at least 300 hours total. I pawn my d w collection. however i missed 3 so i bought it again. Expand
  49. Jul 21, 2016
    You may like or hate the Musou series, but 99% of the people agree that DW3 is the best game of the series thanks to its over-the-top visual effects, good weapon drop system and the sense of euphoria it gives you. If you could ignore the freezes (Koei can't find any good programmer) you would spend hours and hours on this addicting game. Just hack and slash and enjoy - but watch out forYou may like or hate the Musou series, but 99% of the people agree that DW3 is the best game of the series thanks to its over-the-top visual effects, good weapon drop system and the sense of euphoria it gives you. If you could ignore the freezes (Koei can't find any good programmer) you would spend hours and hours on this addicting game. Just hack and slash and enjoy - but watch out for the archers! Expand

#12 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2001

1. There are those ever-pesky inadequacies in the engine which project simply dreadful draw distances in addition to creating the dual annoyances of fog and slowdown.
  2. I enjoyed the violence in Dynasty Warriors 3. However dignified the game’s treatment of its subject may be, I was neither appalled nor enlightened by the violence. I was thrilled by it.
  3. Offers lengthy replay value by allowing players to take up a number of roles on all three sides in the otherwise fixed campaign.