• Publisher: Koei
  • Release Date: Nov 26, 2001
9.2

1. Mar 26, 2011
    One of the best games I have ever played. I don't think i've played any other game as much as i've played this. 40+ characters, loads of stages, levelling, secret items and weapons, coop, versus and awesome music. Definitely the greatest Dynsty Warriors game so far (will probably be better than 7 too). Dynasty Warriors 4 is a close second. Everyone with a PS2 should have this game =]
  2. Apr 13, 2011
    hi.................................................................................................................................................................................
  3. Mar 31, 2012
    Dynasty Warriors 3 should technically be a bad game, but like a triple fried egg sandwich with chili sauce and chutney it somehow all meshes together to make a great but flawed game. DW has a fairly original plot and setting (don't see too many games set in achient china, do we?) but it suffers from bad narriation and if you don't know the story before-hand you won't know what the hell is going on. The graphics were good/ acceptable back then, but now it's very dated. The most common complaint is the draw distance. People always bang on about it, but they always forget about how many enemies can be in screen at one time and how detailed the models and animations are, so they had to sacrifice draw distance. The gameplay is suprisingly engaging or at least exiting. The game exels the most in the heat of battle, where you're trying to fight another officer in the mist of chaotic fighting: the sounds give the game a visceral feel which I do like. The voice acting, however is without a dougt the worst voice acting I have ever heared in a game... EVER. Not one line is said right and the voices can range from unfitting to god-damn hilarious. Personally I feel it gives the game it's charm, Where you can just laugh your ass of from lines that shouldent really be funny. The music is delightfully cheezy, ranging from rock music to synthy rock music to rocky synth music. It works though and after playing the game for a little while you'll start to associate each stage with it's musical accompaniment. Overall it's a really awesome experience and if you own a PS2, This is a must-buy. If you can look past some flaws you'll find a really fun game. Expand
  4. Oct 28, 2013
    The classic Dynasty Warriors game. Great gameplay, great progression. KOEI had ruined the series by DW5, making it a horrible, easy grind-fest. This game is not that at all. You need to make tactical decisions on the fly, and use cleverness to win battles and beat advanced enemies.

If only someone would make an MMORPG of this instead of that horrible DW Empires water-down that is DW Online.
  5. Dec 26, 2013
    one of the Greatest games i have ever played to this day. This owned my life most of my four years in high school. I had d w 2, 3, and 4. 3 was by far the best. The user score for this game is more realistic. Imagine being a warrior on a battle field and turning the tide of battle by yourself. Every character has sweet mosou modes and items was a nice upgrade by d w 2. I love this game. I must of played this game for at least 300 hours total. I pawn my d w collection. however i missed 3 so i bought it again. Expand

1. There are those ever-pesky inadequacies in the engine which project simply dreadful draw distances in addition to creating the dual annoyances of fog and slowdown.
  2. I enjoyed the violence in Dynasty Warriors 3. However dignified the game’s treatment of its subject may be, I was neither appalled nor enlightened by the violence. I was thrilled by it.
  3. Offers lengthy replay value by allowing players to take up a number of roles on all three sides in the otherwise fixed campaign.