• Publisher: Koei

Jul 10, 2003
    Well cool.
  4. DanielB.
    Aug 20, 2003
    This game is one of the best games I ever played!
  5. J.K.
    Aug 7, 2003
    If theres something I like best, it's the weapon upgrade system. Pure adrenaline. I'd give it a 12 if possible.
  6. AdamF.
    May 30, 2004
    You guys did a great job on this one. this game has to be one of my top favorites of all times!!!!!!
  7. BillyBob
    Mar 20, 2003
    It didnt come out yet....so how can u rate it? unless ur in Japan...but it looks great so i gave it a 10.
  8. JimM.
    Mar 25, 2003
    This game is the daddy of all games
  9. UzzielP.
    Apr 15, 2003
    i think this game is awesome it got stuff i've never seen on video games it's the best.
  10. BradS.
    May 29, 2003
    The best version of Dyntasy Warriors yet! If your even the slightest fan of hack n' slash or beat 'em ups, you'd be totaly foolish to pass this gem of a game up.
  11. TomcatG.
    Jun 6, 2003
    I rate this game a 10 because it is fun as anything to slice and dice things, but then again i have never played the other dynasty warrior games.
  12. AnthonyL.
    Jul 12, 2003
    Da best game........ EVA!!!!!! A MUST BUY!
  13. BHighsmith
    Jul 31, 2003
    My friend Joseph Hatch got me into the game, and I think it's the best game ever to be made.
  14. JustinJ.
    Jul 7, 2003
    You are finally available to use Lu Bu and Meng Huo in musou mode! Plus Cao Cao and Liu Bei have better costumes.
  15. AlexP.
    Aug 3, 2003
    Addictive :D
  16. ShawnN.
    Aug 8, 2003
    One of the best games ever, a must buy. So much skill and effort put into this brilliant game.
  17. TsukiH.
    Aug 9, 2003
    I agree with that Dynasty Warriors 4 is a fun, addicting game, but it ticks me off that few people look past the battlefield engine to understand the history and story behind the game. There are a few minor flaws, but everything else compensates for it. The music is awesome, and I'm buying the soundtrack soon.
  18. AlexanderH.
    Mar 23, 2004
    I always like these samurai kind of games and the action of this game is cool especially with 2 players. also the effects are good, voices good, combos are nice, weapons changes are great etc. i only miss a bit of gore. something like tenchu wrath of heaven.
  19. RamiW.
    Mar 3, 2006
    One of the greatest games of all time the 3 new characters are cool.
  20. TheWargamer
    May 2, 2008
    Professional Game Reviewers know sod-all about what makes a good game. They can slag off Dynasty Warriors as unsophisticated and motonous hack-and-slash all they want, but they refuse to acknowledge the fact that people like me will still happily plug in a Mega Drive, and spend happy hours slashing away on Golden Axe, or clubbing people with lead pipes on Streets of Rage.

Dynasty

Dynasty Warriors 4 is unsophisticated videogame violence of the Old School styling. Run around, grab power ups, slaughter untold thousands of generic warriors, beat the "Boss" characters and conquer china. It's not going to challenge you mentally, but it is really good fun nonetheless!
  21. VincentA.
    Nov 30, 2003
    This game rocks! Good job KOEI !!!
  22. BobJoe
    Mar 27, 2003
    The best game of the year, either this or Splinter cell the best games ever.
  23. MattM.
    Mar 29, 2003
    I love this game. I can't stop playing, it is the best game so far this year.
  24. TinMan
    Apr 13, 2003
    a o k
  25. WillS.
    Apr 19, 2003
    I love this game, i bought it the day it came out and I still can't put it down!
  26. Big_F.C.
    Apr 20, 2003
    I have to give this game a solid 10....I've seen many reviews and opinions saying that this game is not very good due to the fact that its almost the same thing as all the DW's before it...but i just bought this game two days ago...and out of 48 hours ive been playing it about 26 lol...i have blisters on my thumb..if any game can keep me playin into the early morning hours like I have to give this game a solid 10....I've seen many reviews and opinions saying that this game is not very good due to the fact that its almost the same thing as all the DW's before it...but i just bought this game two days ago...and out of 48 hours ive been playing it about 26 lol...i have blisters on my thumb..if any game can keep me playin into the early morning hours like this game can than it deserves a solid ten! Expand
  27. Hades
    Apr 22, 2003
    The sheer brilliant spelling in the review i just read has finally inspired me to write my take on Dynasty Warriors 4 after much procrastinating. Another year another Dynasty Warriors. If you've played any of the previous installments of the series then you'll know exactly what this one will be like, graphics and all. The graphics, while improved, aren't a very noticeable The sheer brilliant spelling in the review i just read has finally inspired me to write my take on Dynasty Warriors 4 after much procrastinating. Another year another Dynasty Warriors. If you've played any of the previous installments of the series then you'll know exactly what this one will be like, graphics and all. The graphics, while improved, aren't a very noticeable improvement. They still look good but compared to DW3 they look rather similar. The sound effects and music are typical Dynasty Warriors fare, i personally cannot stand the music in these games, but thankfully you can turn it off at your discretion. I personally think the voice acting is MUCH better in this installment, while there are still a few stinkers overall it is much improved since the last one. Sound effects are basically the same from the last game, effective, but plain. The gameplay is also the same formula that has been used in the past two games, adding a few new additions to the concept of it. It can become repetitive. It can become repetitive. I write that twice to emphasize that point for people that might not like the idea of gameplay that doesn't branch out much. Still though, ive been a fan of Dynasty Warriors and think this installment in the series is also some of the greatest fun ive had on my PS2, simple, but entertaining. I do have a gripe to voice though, about the "create a warrior" option. Know that this is simply one of the most limited and bare bones extras ive ever enocountered and an incredible dissapointment when compared to the greatness of the rest of the game. It's a novelty at best. The game though repeats its tradition of having some of the best replay value ive experienced in a series and some of the most simple, but fun gameplay ive come across. I recommend a definite purchase for fans of the series/genre and a rental (at first) for people that are skeptical of the title. At the very least give this game a try though. Expand
  28. SimonH.
    May 11, 2003
    This game is just outstanding and is compact with loads of new modes.
  29. KevinM.
    May 12, 2003
    It is the best game ever.
  30. Skhan
    May 14, 2003
    It is easily the best game out there!
    May 16, 2003
    I play this game a ot It is fun I like Cheese My faviorite part is being abla to make your own chars. I finnished 1 of the story modes and almost finished another one I got most of the chars. Altogether this is a great game.
  32. Craig
    May 17, 2003
    Game with never ending fun that you can keep playing.
  33. ShermanB.
    May 20, 2003
    I find it impossible to give Dynasty Warriors 4 anything below a 10.The battle system configureation is awsome,fell in love with the three new characters,the graphics are exellent,and I find myself in question wether or not Koie can come up with an even better game.10 out of 10 for Dynasty Warriors 4.
  34. MichaelC.
    May 29, 2003
    Sun Ce kicks major ass and this game is the best of the series people keep complaining it is like the others but if it wasn't what is the use of calling it dynasty warriors? i think is great since ive played all the D.W. series and this one is brilliant i mean all the characters to choose from(Sun Ce is the best) and all the levels and stories. it deserves nothing lower than 10. If Sun Ce kicks major ass and this game is the best of the series people keep complaining it is like the others but if it wasn't what is the use of calling it dynasty warriors? i think is great since ive played all the D.W. series and this one is brilliant i mean all the characters to choose from(Sun Ce is the best) and all the levels and stories. it deserves nothing lower than 10. If you dont like it how bout you go make a better game see how hard it is....exactly. Expand
  35. AbherullahN.
    May 31, 2003
    This game is a major kick ass. It has all the moves, basically its a lovely game and should not be missed. The most preffered dynasty, i think would be Wu because it has all these cool dudes in it. (specially Zhou Yu & Sun Ce)
  36. JoshB.
    May 3, 2003
    I got to play on a demo for dw2 and i was hooked and brought along with 3 and xtreme legends, but don't have enough money to buy 4 and it's killing me. This game is more than awsome its the best game in the world. My friend that doesn't even like games was hooked. I LOVE THIS GAME.
  37. MarisaS.
    May 4, 2003
    I have never seen a cooler game! It is so much fun, I'm hooked!
  38. AlexJ.
    May 6, 2003
    It's the best game ever!
  39. Jacko
    May 8, 2003
    Ma Chao & Gan Ning rule.
  40. JamesBond
    Jun 27, 2003
    THE BEST GAME IN THE WORLD!
  41. AdamM.
    Jun 9, 2003
    It's true that some improvements could be made, obviously, but it's the same with all games, period, or we wouldn't have sequels. The Dynasty Warriors series - and Dynasty Warriors 4 specifically - is overall so great that to change it too much would be trying to fix what isn't broken. The game is fun, long, and diverse with the challenge of leveling up 30+ officers It's true that some improvements could be made, obviously, but it's the same with all games, period, or we wouldn't have sequels. The Dynasty Warriors series - and Dynasty Warriors 4 specifically - is overall so great that to change it too much would be trying to fix what isn't broken. The game is fun, long, and diverse with the challenge of leveling up 30+ officers and getting all the boards and endings. And it's excellent stress relief! Expand
  42. TonyP.
    Jul 1, 2003
    This is the best game in the series yet. This one is more realistic and twice as fun. The added features such as the encyclopedia and creat mode are in need of improvement however they are special features most games don't have anyway. One added feature in this game that I am very impressed with is the challenge mode it is fun and still adds more excitment to the game. This is the This is the best game in the series yet. This one is more realistic and twice as fun. The added features such as the encyclopedia and creat mode are in need of improvement however they are special features most games don't have anyway. One added feature in this game that I am very impressed with is the challenge mode it is fun and still adds more excitment to the game. This is the first game other than Tribes that I have ever seen with a full blown battle happening all at once, this adds yet another level of excitment to the game. This one is a the top of my list of great games. Expand
  43. Joe
    Jul 15, 2003
    It's great.
  44. ArmanK.
    Jul 21, 2003
    It is the best game i have ever played it has everything in it new wapeons items and even horses more character more levels and more fun filled adventures.
  45. SapphireC.
    Jul 27, 2003
    I can't find hidden characters and stages! It's very fustrating!
  46. Phil
    Jul 9, 2003
    Get this game!
  47. S.Cho
    Aug 20, 2003
    Addictive....all i'm going to say.
  48. PeterG.
    Aug 20, 2003
    Very indepth story, more difficult to level than previous games.
  49. ShunL.
    Sep 9, 2003
    Great game!!!!!
  50. AndrewY.
    Mar 19, 2004
    No duh, this game rocks.
  51. SarahW.
    Apr 22, 2004
    This game is just so addictive! It has to be the most exciting in the Dynasty Warriors Series! A must buy.
  52. DasingT.
    Aug 8, 2004
    This game is cool.
  53. Joe
    Mar 17, 2003
    It's great.
  54. AmyD.
    Apr 16, 2003
    I bought this game for my boyfriend and he now brings its everywhere he goes he is so cute awww but the game is amazing it has such good graphics and its a game that we all cant put down all of our friends play it and fight over it.
  55. JoshS.
    Apr 16, 2003
    It's the best game there is but the cheat codes only work for the japanese version.
  56. TomNg
    Apr 21, 2003
    BEST version ever!!!
  57. Marisa
    Apr 20, 2003
    This is one of my favorite games! I love playing it! For those of you who like fighting games, strategy games, and historical games, this one is for you!
  58. Adam
    Apr 25, 2003
    I played this game only for a couple min. at my girlfriends house...i fell in love with it. i drove right over to the closest store and bought it right away i love the fact that you can creat your own person. its a good stress releaver too. i dont know about anyone else but i made myself on that game and i like that fact i can kill thousands upon thousands of people. this is a legendaryI played this game only for a couple min. at my girlfriends house...i fell in love with it. i drove right over to the closest store and bought it right away i love the fact that you can creat your own person. its a good stress releaver too. i dont know about anyone else but i made myself on that game and i like that fact i can kill thousands upon thousands of people. this is a legendary game all on its own. Expand
  59. JoshO.
    Apr 28, 2003
    Need to add new characters and 20 new stages or new plot with created characters as main characters.
  60. RichardH.
    Apr 30, 2003
    Great game, has everything DW3 had & more!
  61. MosesW.
    Apr 3, 2003
    Awesome Game, really addictive, Just wait for Dynasty Warriors 5.
  62. RayM.
    Apr 8, 2003
    If you like GOOD hack and slash, where your character REALLY builds up and a good variety of characters to choose from, this game is awesome. I got involved with this series with DW 3 and I love it. Only frustrating part is when you don't save in the middle of a battle and you have like 700 kills and are almost done with the mission and get beat up by common lackeys and die...it is If you like GOOD hack and slash, where your character REALLY builds up and a good variety of characters to choose from, this game is awesome. I got involved with this series with DW 3 and I love it. Only frustrating part is when you don't save in the middle of a battle and you have like 700 kills and are almost done with the mission and get beat up by common lackeys and die...it is 45 minutes you can't get back that were totally wasted. Guan Yu RULES!!! Expand
  63. DaleS.
    This game is great.
  64. EricG.
    This game is awesome!!!
  65. DevenS.
    May 10, 2003
    This game rocks. I bought it and then I was hooked. Lu Bu is awsome.
  66. MikeW.
    It's awesome.
  67. AlexHogue
    May 16, 2003
    The best game there ever was!
  68. JohnH.
    May 5, 2003
    This game is the Shiz, Lu Bu Kicks Some major Azz.
  69. Steve
    May 9, 2003
    Excellent.
  70. TimB.
    Jun 28, 2003
    This is the best installment yet, there is almost nothing bad about this game. If you find it too boring, you'd have to be boring yourself. Giving it anything lower than a 10 would be unfathomable.
  71. KevinP.
    Jul 14, 2003
    This game is great, I have had this game for 2 months now and I haven't gotten bored, the improvements from Dynasty Warriors 3 are awesome, such as the graphics and teh new features.
  72. MijkK.
    Aug 1, 2003
    This is the most fun game ever made get it today.
  73. JonathanL.
    Aug 14, 2003
    All characters from #3 were improved! Zhou Yu,Sun Jian,Zhou Tai, and Cao Cao rock.
  74. ColeyB.
    Aug 22, 2003
    It's the best game ever!!!!!!!!!!!! i played for less then 5 minnuts and i loved it.
  75. CarlosL.
    Aug 22, 2003
    Amazing, awesame, simply the best game i´ve ever played. It´s a jewel
  76. EamonS.
    Aug 23, 2003
    This is an awesome game!!! The player's the strategy It's all good. 'Cept for the occasional dissaperance of guys, this game rocks! The characters are givin more of a personality than the others to where you almost no them. Don't miss out on this game It's awesome!
  77. DanielA.
    Aug 29, 2003
    BEST GAME ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  78. JoshM.
    Aug 30, 2003
    I can't believe that people think that this is repetitive. There is about 6 Musou modes and heaps more to do after that! DW4 rocks!
  79. DogMat
    Feb 14, 2004
    It's the dogs dangalies.
  82. JohnG.
    Apr 10, 2004
    Bob that gave it a 0 and John.J that gave it a 0 you guys must need glasses this game is great. Just need more characters and stages but it's great how it is.
  83. JamesM.
    May 26, 2004
    I have'nt even made it that far in the game yet, and I already think its a great game. It's really addictive. You have to try this game out.
  84. JonS.
    May 26, 2004
    I love this game.
  85. TaS.
    Jan 23, 2005
    This game rocks! I like the way the A.I. has gotton better. If you dont have this game,buy it!
  86. WillD.
    Nov 10, 2003
    This is the best game ever!!!!!!!! I got thois game in may, and ive played it nonstop!!! Easily one of the best games ever made!!!!!
  87. HarryC.
    Apr 14, 2003
    Nothing can beat it ecxept D.W.5
  90. BryanJ.
    Apr 14, 2003
    i think this is the best game eva.
  91. AdamC.
    Apr 15, 2003
    I would give this game an 11, but I can't for one obvious reason. This game is the greatest game ever, I mean the music is soooo awesome, (Here We Go) the gameplay astounds me, and the stories/characters are extemely cool! (Well maybe the music isn't as hard as Dyn 3 but it still works. I still hate that in two player mode the screen can only render up to 20-30 people. A few I would give this game an 11, but I can't for one obvious reason. This game is the greatest game ever, I mean the music is soooo awesome, (Here We Go) the gameplay astounds me, and the stories/characters are extemely cool! (Well maybe the music isn't as hard as Dyn 3 but it still works. I still hate that in two player mode the screen can only render up to 20-30 people. A few mistakes, but I still hope they make just as many as the Romance games! Expand
  92. ZackF.
    Apr 24, 2003
    This is byfare the best installment of the Dynasty Warrior series. i bought it the day it came out, and still cant seem to pull my self away from it. I am currently making money off working on other peoples memory cards to boost their character stats, levels, and officer amount. I myself have been a huge fan of the game series sinces the debute of the fist game in 1997, and watched theThis is byfare the best installment of the Dynasty Warrior series. i bought it the day it came out, and still cant seem to pull my self away from it. I am currently making money off working on other peoples memory cards to boost their character stats, levels, and officer amount. I myself have been a huge fan of the game series sinces the debute of the fist game in 1997, and watched the series grow ever since. If i could rate the game any higher i would. myfavorite character is probably Gan Ning. I have mailed Koei several times to get them to attempt a Dynasty Warriors Online but have gotten no response. If you have any questions about the game feel free to email me at (grandmasterz@msn.com). I look foward to your questions. Collapse
  93. JohnnyF.
    Apr 24, 2003
    How is it possible for persons to rate this game with 0 it is worth a 10 its really a kick ass for another games.
  94. MarkK.
    Apr 25, 2003
    Just like the others this games rocks! It has new things that are fun as well as the old things we have all come to love. It is a great great game.
  95. TimQ.
    Apr 28, 2003
    This game is the best game ever.
  96. TimS.
    Apr 28, 2003
    This game rocks. when i first saw the preview for it on t.v. my jaw just dropped and i had to buy the game. my favorite is Lux xun.
  97. JohnS.
    May 18, 2003
    A+ GAME! don't believe me just read what others have been said about the game, we can't be all wrong :)
  98. GeorgeF.
    May 19, 2003
    Its so awesome, I love the movies and the realistic looks and everything. Totally rad!
  99. Nyt K.
    Jun 25, 2003
    It is wonderful.. i love it.. goddamn i just wanna play it all the time.. :)
  100. AdamW.
    Jun 29, 2003
    The best Dynasty Warriors game yet.

1. Dynasty Warriors 4 is good, but it's the same kind of good that Koei has been releasing for almost three years now.
  2. Yes it is almost the same, but when it's brilliant fun, and no other publisher is releasing games like this, who cares? [June 2003, p.104]
    AI is greatly improved.