Dynasty Warriors 4 PlayStation 2

• Also On: PC
9.0

1. AdamW.
    Jun 29, 2003
    The best Dynasty Warriors game yet.
  2. DynastyWarriors4fans
    Jun 29, 2003
    Best improvement game i would say. It would be better if more general could be played.
  3. BobB.
    Jul 27, 2003
    Amazing. Simply amazing.
  4. ZacB.
    Jul 27, 2003
    co0l kicks butt on magic yu gi oh and warhammer.
  5. DavidB.
    Jul 31, 2003
    This is probably he best game I ever played. the characters are cool and have awesome weapons. I love the gameplay and graphicas. The character attacks are simply amazing. One of my favourite characters are Zhuge Liang I hope they come out with a dynasty warriors 5.
  6. ScottO.
    Aug 18, 2003
    Excelent game, best of koei's games by far, graphics are brilliant and game play is fantastic u have gotta buy this game!
  7. BUUDU
    Aug 18, 2003
    From a time when warrior and hero ment somthing. Romance Of The Three Kingdoms is the best true story ever, the only thing better than the games are the books.Sun Ce was and will always be THE MAN.
  8. Karina.T
    Sep 16, 2003
    Rad, cool and awesome!
  9. TysonB.
    Feb 13, 2004
    Dynasty Warriors 4 is still one of the best games to come. I would give it a 9.3 to be exact , but i always round numbers.
  10. JohnstonE.
    Feb 16, 2004
    My cousins and I LOVE the game, even my sister!! Great job.
  11. Jimmy
    Mar 14, 2004
    It kicks ass.
  12. Bob
    Aug 17, 2004
    The game is brilliant but it needs more levels, more weapons, more characters, more choice in the editing mode. Add these and it's perfect.
  13. Bob
    Aug 17, 2004
  14. Drock
    Jul 14, 2006
    Ok i have every DW game this one is great but 5 is way better.
  15. JJH.
    Nov 26, 2003
    This game is the most exciting game I played ever I sit In my room for 5 Hours and just play that game you just have to play it.
  16. RobL
    Nov 23, 2008
    A lot of new features and levels, but it often dies on me mid-battle, sending me back to the menu unsaved (no not because of the start+select code) other times I simply fall over dead for no reason. there are quite a few bugs with the new moves. Leaving your commander alone for *one second* results in loss on higher difficulty settings. New and fun, but it doesnt feel right for me.A lot of new features and levels, but it often dies on me mid-battle, sending me back to the menu unsaved (no not because of the start+select code) other times I simply fall over dead for no reason. there are quite a few bugs with the new moves. Leaving your commander alone for *one second* results in loss on higher difficulty settings. New and fun, but it doesnt feel right for me. DW3 is still my fave Expand
  17. Jul 19, 2011
    Video Games are fun for some people. For me, the multiplatform, 7-game-series, Dynasty Warriors is my drug. The game focuses on a three century long age of warfare and chaos that consumed and destroyed China cerca 600 B.C. When you pop in the disk an action-packed video filled with fire, fighting, trebuchets, clashing of swords, falling castles, and general hell breaking loose attacks yourVideo Games are fun for some people. For me, the multiplatform, 7-game-series, Dynasty Warriors is my drug. The game focuses on a three century long age of warfare and chaos that consumed and destroyed China cerca 600 B.C. When you pop in the disk an action-packed video filled with fire, fighting, trebuchets, clashing of swords, falling castles, and general hell breaking loose attacks your eyes. The background guitar solo peaks your adrenaline, and when the final â Expand
  18. Nov 6, 2013
    Dynasty warriors 4 is a very good game. It takes a while to play and the weapon upgrade system is awesome. It also has very good movements for many of the characters that made it more fun.
  19. Jul 21, 2016
    This and DW3 are my favourite games of the series. If I have to compare them I would say DW3 is more "stylish" or "cool" in terms of design and visual effects and has better gameplay (especially weapon drop system), while DW4 is darker/heavier and made every character weapon and attack more distinctive. Other than that DW3 is better. They both have good music though. DW3 is moreThis and DW3 are my favourite games of the series. If I have to compare them I would say DW3 is more "stylish" or "cool" in terms of design and visual effects and has better gameplay (especially weapon drop system), while DW4 is darker/heavier and made every character weapon and attack more distinctive. Other than that DW3 is better. They both have good music though. DW3 is more electronic, while DW4 is more rock/metal. Even if you think this series is **** it might be worth playing the 2 games just for the music!

This game should be an 8 but the **** charge attack auto lock system absolutely killed the enjoyment. I wish there was a patch to remove the stupid target auto lock.

#2 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003

1. Dynasty Warriors 4 is good, but it's the same kind of good that Koei has been releasing for almost three years now.
  2. Edge Magazine
    Yes it is almost the same, but when it's brilliant fun, and no other publisher is releasing games like this, who cares? [June 2003, p.104]
    AI is greatly improved.