Dynasty Warriors 4 PlayStation 2

Jul 10, 2003
    Well cool.
  3. DanielB.
    Aug 20, 2003
    This game is one of the best games I ever played!
  4. J.K.
    Aug 7, 2003
    If theres something I like best, it's the weapon upgrade system. Pure adrenaline. I'd give it a 12 if possible.
  5. AdamF.
    May 30, 2004
    You guys did a great job on this one. this game has to be one of my top favorites of all times!!!!!!
  6. BillyBob
    Mar 20, 2003
    It didnt come out yet....so how can u rate it? unless ur in Japan...but it looks great so i gave it a 10.
  7. JimM.
    Mar 25, 2003
    This game is the daddy of all games
  8. UzzielP.
    Apr 15, 2003
    i think this game is awesome it got stuff i've never seen on video games it's the best.
  9. BradS.
    May 29, 2003
    The best version of Dyntasy Warriors yet! If your even the slightest fan of hack n' slash or beat 'em ups, you'd be totaly foolish to pass this gem of a game up.
  10. TomcatG.
    Jun 6, 2003
    I rate this game a 10 because it is fun as anything to slice and dice things, but then again i have never played the other dynasty warrior games.
  11. AnthonyL.
    Jul 12, 2003
    Da best game........ EVA!!!!!! A MUST BUY!
  12. BHighsmith
    Jul 31, 2003
    My friend Joseph Hatch got me into the game, and I think it's the best game ever to be made.
  13. JustinJ.
    Jul 7, 2003
    You are finally available to use Lu Bu and Meng Huo in musou mode! Plus Cao Cao and Liu Bei have better costumes.
  14. AlexP.
    Aug 3, 2003
    Addictive :D
  15. ShawnN.
    Aug 8, 2003
    One of the best games ever, a must buy. So much skill and effort put into this brilliant game.
  16. TsukiH.
    Aug 9, 2003
    I agree with that Dynasty Warriors 4 is a fun, addicting game, but it ticks me off that few people look past the battlefield engine to understand the history and story behind the game. There are a few minor flaws, but everything else compensates for it. The music is awesome, and I'm buying the soundtrack soon.
  17. AlexanderH.
    Mar 23, 2004
    I always like these samurai kind of games and the action of this game is cool especially with 2 players. also the effects are good, voices good, combos are nice, weapons changes are great etc. i only miss a bit of gore. something like tenchu wrath of heaven.
  18. EmopunkboyK.
    Jul 17, 2004
    Ive got about 200 hrs. in it and still playing, but the koei franchise needs something new and inventive... badly for Dynasty warriors 5.
  19. RamiW.
    Mar 3, 2006
    One of the greatest games of all time the 3 new characters are cool.
  20. TheWargamer
    May 2, 2008
    Professional Game Reviewers know sod-all about what makes a good game. They can slag off Dynasty Warriors as unsophisticated and motonous hack-and-slash all they want, but they refuse to acknowledge the fact that people like me will still happily plug in a Mega Drive, and spend happy hours slashing away on Golden Axe, or clubbing people with lead pipes on Streets of Rage.

Dynasty

Dynasty Warriors 4 is unsophisticated videogame violence of the Old School styling. Run around, grab power ups, slaughter untold thousands of generic warriors, beat the "Boss" characters and conquer china. It's not going to challenge you mentally, but it is really good fun nonetheless!
  21. VincentA.
    Nov 30, 2003
    This game rocks! Good job KOEI !!!
  22. BobJoe
    Mar 27, 2003
    The best game of the year, either this or Splinter cell the best games ever.
  23. MattM.
    Mar 29, 2003
    I love this game. I can't stop playing, it is the best game so far this year.
  24. TinMan
    Apr 13, 2003
    a o k
  25. WillS.
    Apr 19, 2003
    I love this game, i bought it the day it came out and I still can't put it down!
  26. Big_F.C.
    Apr 20, 2003
    I have to give this game a solid 10....I've seen many reviews and opinions saying that this game is not very good due to the fact that its almost the same thing as all the DW's before it...but i just bought this game two days ago...and out of 48 hours ive been playing it about 26 lol...i have blisters on my thumb..if any game can keep me playin into the early morning hours like I have to give this game a solid 10....I've seen many reviews and opinions saying that this game is not very good due to the fact that its almost the same thing as all the DW's before it...but i just bought this game two days ago...and out of 48 hours ive been playing it about 26 lol...i have blisters on my thumb..if any game can keep me playin into the early morning hours like this game can than it deserves a solid ten! Expand
  27. Hades
    Apr 22, 2003
    The sheer brilliant spelling in the review i just read has finally inspired me to write my take on Dynasty Warriors 4 after much procrastinating. Another year another Dynasty Warriors. If you've played any of the previous installments of the series then you'll know exactly what this one will be like, graphics and all. The graphics, while improved, aren't a very noticeable The sheer brilliant spelling in the review i just read has finally inspired me to write my take on Dynasty Warriors 4 after much procrastinating. Another year another Dynasty Warriors. If you've played any of the previous installments of the series then you'll know exactly what this one will be like, graphics and all. The graphics, while improved, aren't a very noticeable improvement. They still look good but compared to DW3 they look rather similar. The sound effects and music are typical Dynasty Warriors fare, i personally cannot stand the music in these games, but thankfully you can turn it off at your discretion. I personally think the voice acting is MUCH better in this installment, while there are still a few stinkers overall it is much improved since the last one. Sound effects are basically the same from the last game, effective, but plain. The gameplay is also the same formula that has been used in the past two games, adding a few new additions to the concept of it. It can become repetitive. It can become repetitive. I write that twice to emphasize that point for people that might not like the idea of gameplay that doesn't branch out much. Still though, ive been a fan of Dynasty Warriors and think this installment in the series is also some of the greatest fun ive had on my PS2, simple, but entertaining. I do have a gripe to voice though, about the "create a warrior" option. Know that this is simply one of the most limited and bare bones extras ive ever enocountered and an incredible dissapointment when compared to the greatness of the rest of the game. It's a novelty at best. The game though repeats its tradition of having some of the best replay value ive experienced in a series and some of the most simple, but fun gameplay ive come across. I recommend a definite purchase for fans of the series/genre and a rental (at first) for people that are skeptical of the title. At the very least give this game a try though. Expand
  28. SimonH.
    May 11, 2003
    This game is just outstanding and is compact with loads of new modes.
  29. KevinM.
    May 12, 2003
    It is the best game ever.
  30. Skhan
    May 14, 2003
    It is easily the best game out there!

#2 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003

1. Dynasty Warriors 4 is good, but it's the same kind of good that Koei has been releasing for almost three years now.
  2. Edge Magazine
    Yes it is almost the same, but when it's brilliant fun, and no other publisher is releasing games like this, who cares? [June 2003, p.104]
    AI is greatly improved.