• Publisher: Koei
  • Release Date: Mar 29, 2005

1. NicW.
    May 4, 2005
    DW5 has been the best one of the series, I truly enjoy the individual story-lines, instead of DW4's keep-playin-the-same-level kingdom mode. With the new graphics engine and the decrease of fog and addition of more characters on-screen, this Dynasty Warriors is the best yet.
  2. HadiW
    Mar 1, 2006
    Koei thanks for making the greatest Dynasty Warriors games very well and it rocks.
    Mar 6, 2006
    If you ever play the DW4, you'll found that on was more interesting than any other ones. It requier a lot more brian to acomplish every stage.
  4. DarrenL.
    Apr 28, 2005
    Best dynasty warriors yet.
  5. EricG.
    Jun 30, 2005
    A pretty good game. Not to inventive, but it's more of what loyal fans want.
  6. BenT.
    Jul 17, 2005
    Fixes most of the flaws of the previous games and at last seems to have managed to make the levels look less samey and sometimes even picturesque. A great multiplayer mode too. (Makes you wonder why it took so many attempts to get right though)
  7. JacobV.
    Apr 30, 2006
    Only thing, is they should still have the create a warrior feature. Dueling sucked anyway, it was a cheap way of getting out of fighting multiple officers at one time.
  8. HenreS.
    May 26, 2005
    This game is hot!
  9. RamiW.
    Jun 21, 2005
    This game rocks.
  10. VladimirI.
    Aug 27, 2005
    It's a great game, but im excpecting more in dynasty warriors6.
  11. JohnT.
    Sep 30, 2005
    l like DW because it fun and lot of killing. The best game i ever played.=D
  12. DaveP.
    Mar 20, 2006
    This game is awesome. they should add more on dw6. i love it.
  13. AlexB.
    May 17, 2006
    you can not control any thing but your worrior but lots of kick ass fightin.
  14. YingZ.
    Jun 11, 2006
    The storyline for charracters is much more in detail. The graphics have greatly improved and the gameplay is a lot smopther.
  15. KarlM.
    Jun 18, 2006
    This game was tremendous especially the 8 bodyguard system thats why i have a whole all 2m length box of dynasty warriors games (including dynasty tactics).
  16. Avie
    May 17, 2005
    This was just such a great game, my buddies and I really enjoyed playing it especially on down time before our daily army duties began, so much fun.
  17. DrewA.
    May 31, 2005
    At the very least, it's the best DW game since DW3. I may even rank it above that eventually. Definitely the most challenging game of the series, so far. On normal difficultly, it IS actually possible to be overwhelmed by common grunts. Easily the best 2 Player-coop experience available today.
  18. DiegoS.
    Jun 12, 2005
    A great game to play.
  19. RichardA.
    Jul 19, 2005
    I love the DW series so much that I own them all.This one was by far my favorite out of al of them.I like how the game stays so close to the actual historical events.
  20. ChristopherS.
    Aug 15, 2005
    Lots of fun and lots of violents and killing muohohahahahahahahaha :-)
  21. DogMat
    Apr 21, 2006

1. Dynasty Warriors 5 fixes the [slowdown] problem by using a smoother game engine. Not only does the game look sharper, but slowdown is reduced to almost nil.
  2. Play Magazine
    There's still no significant camera control, and the fighting certainly still gets repetitive, but series fans probably won't mind one bit. [Apr 2005, p.61]
    Just be warned that this is one long, long fight and even though the game may be epic it would be nicer if it was not quite such a gigantic tale to slowly read through.