Dynasty Warriors 5 PlayStation 2

• Publisher: Koei
  • Release Date: Mar 29, 2005
8.8

1. Jul 20, 2016
    Out of all DW PS2 games, DW5 has the most boring visual style (e.g. bland colour palette, lack of visual feedback when striking enemies or using the Musou attack), sound effects (listen closely and compare DW5's to DW3's), attack elements (sorry I don't know how you say this in English since I played the Japanese version, but all the previous elements are gone, fire and ice are left butOut of all DW PS2 games, DW5 has the most boring visual style (e.g. bland colour palette, lack of visual feedback when striking enemies or using the Musou attack), sound effects (listen closely and compare DW5's to DW3's), attack elements (sorry I don't know how you say this in English since I played the Japanese version, but all the previous elements are gone, fire and ice are left but dumbed down, and there is only one new element that is useful) and weapon drop system. I am saying this as a critical Musou fan.

And for the love of god, KOEI, Musou games do NOT need any remaking because DW3, DW4, SW1 are good enough. Got that? Stop ruining the reputation of the series.
  2. RanbirC.
    Jan 14, 2008
    A crime. This is what this is. A remake of a remake of a remake trying to pass itself off as a sequel. Nothing that pushes the game forward or the genre. No need to pay for this when you already have the game with the any one of the previous installments. Daylight robbery from the Kriminals known as Koei.
  3. KarlM.
    Jun 18, 2006
    This game was tremendous especially the 8 bodyguard system thats why i have a whole all 2m length box of dynasty warriors games (including dynasty tactics).
  4. YingZ.
    Jun 11, 2006
    The storyline for charracters is much more in detail. The graphics have greatly improved and the gameplay is a lot smopther.
  5. AlexB.
    May 17, 2006
    you can not control any thing but your worrior but lots of kick ass fightin.
  6. JacobV.
    Apr 30, 2006
    Only thing, is they should still have the create a warrior feature. Dueling sucked anyway, it was a cheap way of getting out of fighting multiple officers at one time.
  7. MatthewS.
    Apr 26, 2006
    No duels blows. I also always loved having 8 bodyguards.
  8. DogMat
    Apr 21, 2006
    Awesome.
  9. AdamB.
    Mar 27, 2006
    Koei decided to move the bulk of its gameplay innovation to the Xtreme Legends series of games, removing the Challenge and Edit modes, and effectively crippling their open, dynamic game into a single, linear quest. Save your $30 for the much deeper and more entertaining XL5.
  10. DaveP.
    Mar 20, 2006
    This game is awesome. they should add more on dw6. i love it.
    Mar 6, 2006
    If you ever play the DW4, you'll found that on was more interesting than any other ones. It requier a lot more brian to acomplish every stage.
  12. HadiW
    Mar 1, 2006
    Koei thanks for making the greatest Dynasty Warriors games very well and it rocks.
  13. Fork
    Oct 25, 2005
    This game is not nearly as good as the other ones.
  14. JohnT.
    Sep 30, 2005
    l like DW because it fun and lot of killing. The best game i ever played.=D
  15. VladimirI.
    Aug 27, 2005
    It's a great game, but im excpecting more in dynasty warriors6.
  16. ChristopherS.
    Aug 15, 2005
    Lots of fun and lots of violents and killing muohohahahahahahahaha :-)
  17. RichardA.
    Jul 19, 2005
    I love the DW series so much that I own them all.This one was by far my favorite out of al of them.I like how the game stays so close to the actual historical events.
  18. BenT.
    Jul 17, 2005
    Fixes most of the flaws of the previous games and at last seems to have managed to make the levels look less samey and sometimes even picturesque. A great multiplayer mode too. (Makes you wonder why it took so many attempts to get right though)
  19. EricG.
    Jun 30, 2005
    A pretty good game. Not to inventive, but it's more of what loyal fans want.
  20. RamiW.
    Jun 21, 2005
    This game rocks.
  21. DiegoS.
    Jun 12, 2005
    A great game to play.
  22. DrewA.
    May 31, 2005
    At the very least, it's the best DW game since DW3. I may even rank it above that eventually. Definitely the most challenging game of the series, so far. On normal difficultly, it IS actually possible to be overwhelmed by common grunts. Easily the best 2 Player-coop experience available today.
  23. HenreS.
    May 26, 2005
    This game is hot!
  24. Avie
    May 17, 2005
    This was just such a great game, my buddies and I really enjoyed playing it especially on down time before our daily army duties began, so much fun.
  25. NicW.
    May 4, 2005
    DW5 has been the best one of the series, I truly enjoy the individual story-lines, instead of DW4's keep-playin-the-same-level kingdom mode. With the new graphics engine and the decrease of fog and addition of more characters on-screen, this Dynasty Warriors is the best yet.
  26. DarrenL.
    Apr 28, 2005
    Best dynasty warriors yet.

#31 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005

1. Dynasty Warriors 5 fixes the [slowdown] problem by using a smoother game engine. Not only does the game look sharper, but slowdown is reduced to almost nil.
  2. Play Magazine
    There's still no significant camera control, and the fighting certainly still gets repetitive, but series fans probably won't mind one bit. [Apr 2005, p.61]
    Just be warned that this is one long, long fight and even though the game may be epic it would be nicer if it was not quite such a gigantic tale to slowly read through.