Escape from Monkey Island PlayStation 2

Sep 20, 2005
    I want monkey island 4.
  2. MortenR.
    Feb 5, 2002
    I love it. Funnier than ever. The graphics rock!
  3. RhysP.
    Sep 1, 2001
    As a devoted Monkey Island fan, I found it to be an excellent 4th chapter in a great series of games. I preferred it in the classic cartoon media, but Lucasarts have pulled it off as a computer animated title that is a joy to play. Some problems with loading times.
  4. AlexK.
    Jun 30, 2001
    As a devoted fan of the entire series and of all LucasArts graphic adventures in general, I obviously have a huge bias towards loving this game. It truly is fantastic, but what's most surprising is that the console version is so far superior to the PC one. Not only is the control scheme infinitely more intuitive, but the absence of hardward specs and inclusion of DualShock makes it a As a devoted fan of the entire series and of all LucasArts graphic adventures in general, I obviously have a huge bias towards loving this game. It truly is fantastic, but what's most surprising is that the console version is so far superior to the PC one. Not only is the control scheme infinitely more intuitive, but the absence of hardward specs and inclusion of DualShock makes it a much more enjoyable experience. If you like adventures, buy the game: it's the best out there for the PS2 (yes, better than "Shadow of Destiny"). I only refrain from giving it a 10 because of the occasionally annoying load times and the very occasionally obscure puzzle that we all knew would be in there. Expand
  5. MattH.
    Jul 17, 2001
    I really liked it, it's another great game from Lucas Arts, the only thing I didn't like is the fact that there's only a limited number of things you can take but overall I thought it was a great game.

#86 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2001
#49 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2001

1. The game’s best aspect by far is the sound – and the hours of dialogue which make up the base of the game’s audio.
    Everything that made EFMI so great on the PC arrives on the PS2 perfectly intact. The game’s many puzzles are perfectly balanced.
    It looks good, it's easy to control, it has classic puzzles, and more than anything, it's a heck of a laugh. All that, and monkeys to boot.