• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jul 20, 2004
8.1

1. Apr 22, 2011
    This game defined my LIFE from 2005-2009. Yes, 4 years and this game was my most played game. The controls are excellent (the first and only football game that makes it humanly possible to kick/punt, play defense, or call a **** play), the graphics while far from state of the art don't hinder the game's fun. The mini-games found in the "crib" are fun as hell, and the teams and players were APPROPRIATELY rated (3rd string QBs do NOT get an 80 rating, Madden.) I never downgrade to madden after this masterpiece of sports gaming. The only flaw that I found was having to play within punching distance of my older brother. Collapse
  2. Mar 27, 2011
    Even after all these years, this stands the time as one of the best football games ever made. The presentation is unparalleled and the game is so packed with features that it still has life nearly 7 years after its initial release. ESPN NFL 2K5 is our generation's Tecmo Bowl.
  3. Nov 13, 2012
    For the time it was the best FB game of all time. Graphically and mechanics have faded away with the times but the presentation is HANDS DOWN the best I have every experienced in a video game and I still wish 2K Sports would bring out another FB game to put Madden in it's place. Come on NFL 2K14!
  4. May 11, 2013
    The year is 2013 and this game is still amazingly fun. I've played 2k5 for over a thousand hours. I will play against anyone in the known universe. As it stands only seven challengers have ever beat me. The rest of my foes were utterly annihilated.
  5. Apr 22, 2011

1. Visual Concepts has done an awesome job of squeezing every ounce of power that the PlayStation 2 has to offer while developing this game. The player’s faces look like their real life counter parts, and everything is smoothly animated.
  2. Deep, customizable gameplay along with a number of innovative features go a long way to giving "Madden" a run for its money.
  3. For all of its excellent modes and gameplay, however, ESPN NFL 2K5's greatest asset comes in the form of its graphics. Hands down, flat out, undeniably, inarguably, this is the best-looking football game ever made.