• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Sep 3, 2003
8.4

1. BigRevD
    Nov 5, 2003
    Andrew and John C. each of you should be sh#@% for saying that this poor man's version of Madden is better. I find this game to borish and if being able to put up 10,000 total yards makes a game good then you suck. With this game I am unstopable I score at will on all-pro if I dont score it because I want more yards to pad my stats. The Ai does not compensate and once a teams Andrew and John C. each of you should be sh#@% for saying that this poor man's version of Madden is better. I find this game to borish and if being able to put up 10,000 total yards makes a game good then you suck. With this game I am unstopable I score at will on all-pro if I dont score it because I want more yards to pad my stats. The Ai does not compensate and once a teams weakness has been exploited they will never recover. I like the first person even though the controls need a little work and the Crib where you earn things, but I have never played a game where the defensive ends can not be blocked by ant team. If you rush using 5 down lineman from the end position you should have at least 5 sacks at the end of the game. Sega it's a little better, but keep trying. Expand

1. I love both games, with ESPN being a better gameplay game and Madden holding the edge with game modes and options. But, graphically, the two are similar and so is the replay value.
  2. Visually, ESPN NFL Football is top notch, especially the tackle and running animations. No other football game comes close in this area. Coupled with tight controls and great online play, ESPN NFL Football is a fine success. [Sept 2003, p.86]
  3. The game animation is some of the best around and the commentary is spot-on, not to mention the fact that you get the no-holds-barred studio analysis.