ESPN NHL Hockey PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Sep 9, 2003
7.0

1. RyanK.
    Dec 31, 2003
    This Christmas I got NHL 2004. After hearing all the reviews, I decided to buy ESPN NHL Hockey. After I played it I was unsure of it. I have been playing the EA Sports series for 5 years and ESPN had a completely different feel. If you dont like ESPN, play it for more than one game and it will grow on you. I now love it. It is the best hockey game by far and the graphics blow by those in This Christmas I got NHL 2004. After hearing all the reviews, I decided to buy ESPN NHL Hockey. After I played it I was unsure of it. I have been playing the EA Sports series for 5 years and ESPN had a completely different feel. If you dont like ESPN, play it for more than one game and it will grow on you. I now love it. It is the best hockey game by far and the graphics blow by those in NHL 2004. Expand
  2. JoeS.
    Dec 10, 2003
    ESPN NHL HOCKEY is a game that is well designed. With its smooth play and great graphics, I highly recommend it. But it doesn't come close to the realism that NHL 2004 delivers. EA sports, it's in the game!!!
  3. MikeModano(Iwish)
    Nov 7, 2003
    I don't like this game because the presentation is to much like a ESPN broadcast. So much of the time they spoon feed you usless information that any real hockey fan already knows. NHL 2004 is a lot better.
  4. MikeF.
    Oct 23, 2003
    This is the most overrated game I've ever played. I don't know why everybody is saying that this game is amazing because it's not. It's ok, but not more than that. Graphics are pretty drab, controls are somehow annoying. I don't know, I can't warm up to this game.

#76 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003

1. Play Magazine
    The true star of the ESPN NHL Hockey is the play-by-play commentary. Courtesy of ESPN's Gary Throne and Bill Clement, this is some of the best commentary I've ever heard in a hockey game. [Jan 2004, p.80]
  2. Fine visuals, excellent sound and a level of presentation currently unrivalled in any sporting product - what more could you want?
  3. A near-flawless gameplay experience that is marred only by a slightly deficient Franchise mode, but when you have a game that exudes this much quality in just about every other facet I’m more than happy to overlook it.