9.0

1. ScottW.
    Jul 9, 2004
    I agree with Dave B. - It may not have the best graphics or the tightest play ever, but that doesn't really effect the fun factor. As for the proffesional critics? I've had more fun playing Goonies II for NES than some of the crap they rave about.
  2. RickC.
    Aug 18, 2003
    I bet these critics are the same guys that gave the classic Evil Dead Trilogy of films the "I don't get it..." reviews. Take your pencils out of your asses and have some fun, jerks! For Evil Dead fans everywhere, "come get some!"
  3. JoeM.
    Apr 9, 2006
    This game rocks. its a total thumbs up ive never senn that good blood and gore in all the games i play i might be almost done but this game is addicting i like it. this is even BETTER Then Grand Thft Auto Vice City
  4. JoelC.
    May 31, 2003
    20 smacks!?! You cant go wrong. If your a fan of the movies pick it up, and if your not, 20 bucks! Pick it up! Its just fun to walk around with a chainsaw attached your arm because your hand went bad and use the reverse boomstick blow at the same time. A steal.
  5. JoshC.
    Jun 10, 2003
    Great game play that gives you the feeling of being Ash. The onlything wrong with it is having to find little items to get to the next level but we can over look that. "Hail to the king baby."
  6. C.Thiele
    Jun 9, 2003
    At $20, this is the BOOMSTICK of video games! I love the over-the-shoulder shooting of deadites, as well as the standard one-liners as voiced by our illustrious Bruce Campbell! Bring on Evil Dead 4!
  7. MatthewH.
    May 23, 2003
    Excellent game for a 20 dollar price. Much better than the PSX version and i never expected this game to be this good for 20 dollars.
  8. BradS.
    Jun 27, 2003
    This game IS Evil Dead 4. "Buckle up bone-head, cuz your going for a ride. Even if you haven't heard of the Evil Dead movies whats better than a chainsaw, shotgun, and a whole lot of "ugly" to shoot. This is a must own.
  9. DavidB.
    Jul 8, 2003
    It may not be innovative, but it is true to the films and a fun game. Thats really what matters. The critics need to get over themselves and enjoy a fun game once in a while at face value.
  10. FDCharman
    Aug 7, 2003
    It could only be better is Bruce Campbell was included in the Case.
  11. AndrinaN.
    Apr 21, 2004
    Really enjoyed killin all the deaditeswith the chainsaw! Exellent game loved all the blood and guts!!!!
  12. JustinF.
    Oct 11, 2003
    Blood, guts, deadites, Ash, chainsaws, boomsticks and more for a budget price AU$30! You cannot get a better game, that is very true to the series of movies
  13. GuyR.
    May 22, 2003
    Way, way more fun an I expected. Wow, a movie license done right for the first time ever!?
  14. MikeS.
    May 22, 2003
    Better than the first but can still be improved.
  15. TrevorJr
    May 23, 2003
    Cool game...especially for $20 can't go wrong.
  16. CalumS.
    May 23, 2003
    What a game for only £25 with the evil dead film included!! A great game which stays true to the films, combining guts, gore and gags! Top Class Hacking and Splattin through-out!! Buy it!!
  17. Alex
    May 23, 2003
    I think this game is a big step in the gaming world...I like hail to the king. but this one's even beter.
  18. GregM.
    May 24, 2003
    Great game! Ash is back with all his clever comebacks. One one thing left to say: "This is my BOOMSTICK!"
  19. RyanK.
    May 24, 2003
    Has all the feel of the Evil Dead movies. Bring on Evil Dead 4!!!
  20. RyanF.
    May 31, 2003
    Awesome game alot better than the first one. I especialy liked the gore.
  21. Christopher&DianneG.
    Jun 13, 2003
    A true evil dead fan can not pass this one up! Resident Evil meets ASH....
  22. Christopher&DianneG.
    Jun 13, 2003
    A true evil dead fan can not pass this one up! Resident Evil meets ASH....
  23. WillC.
    Jun 14, 2003
    Forget what critics tell you about "A Fistful of Boomstick". They are too used to sitting on their pampered, gameplaying asses to realize that Ash's new romp through deadite hell is a classic blue-collar, working man's game! "Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick" is suitable for any child just merging from the womb to any 100 year old coger gumming paste for nourishment.
  24. JeremyS.
    Jun 20, 2003
    It's the Evil Dead! A lot of kids will play this not knowing about the movie, parents please take this time to educate them (rent the movie) and they're sure to love the game more!
  25. BrianC.
    Jun 2, 2003
    This game rules! it follows the story line exactly to the triligy and Evil Dead Hial to the King! Fist full of boomstick gives you a way to beat others in a fun and loving way.
  26. MichaelD.
    Jun 8, 2003
    This game kicks ass! Much better than "Hail to the King" More blood, one-liners, and action to go around this time. Any Evil Dead fan will appreciate this game, and for 20 bucks, how can you go wrong?
  27. RickT.
    Dec 2, 2005
    I'm not a big gamer, but I am a BIG fan of Bruce Campbell and the Evil Dead. This game knocked my socks off. The bloodletting and gore are fantastic and the one liners hilarious. There are plenty of combo moves and the story is engaging. How can you not enjoy hacking deadites to bits with a chainsaw ("I just love it when the parts go flying everywhere"). I have NEVER paid attention I'm not a big gamer, but I am a BIG fan of Bruce Campbell and the Evil Dead. This game knocked my socks off. The bloodletting and gore are fantastic and the one liners hilarious. There are plenty of combo moves and the story is engaging. How can you not enjoy hacking deadites to bits with a chainsaw ("I just love it when the parts go flying everywhere"). I have NEVER paid attention to critics and the "professional" reviews I have read about this game reinforces that tendency. Go out and get this game NOW!! Collapse
  28. CatieB.
    May 12, 2005
    This game for sure gets a 10. its the best game ever!!
  29. JordanH.
    May 17, 2005
    I'll admit it was kind of repetitive but what the hell is wrong with these critics? evil dead kicks some serious ass and if you dont like it....you can kiss my boomstick.
  30. KeithB.
    Aug 17, 2003
    Now listen up you primitive screwheads! Any fan of the Evil Dead series, or people who just like killing things with a chainsaw will love this game. Two handed attacks, great physics for blood, a bunch of neat weapons, AND DEADITES OUT THE WAZOO!! Yeah, thats right, more deadites than you can shake a boomstick at, and they're here for you to dismember. How many other games can you Now listen up you primitive screwheads! Any fan of the Evil Dead series, or people who just like killing things with a chainsaw will love this game. Two handed attacks, great physics for blood, a bunch of neat weapons, AND DEADITES OUT THE WAZOO!! Yeah, thats right, more deadites than you can shake a boomstick at, and they're here for you to dismember. How many other games can you cut someone off at the hips and they still want to come after you. To back all this up, Bruce Campbell is back to do the voice for Ash. Anyone who doesn't like this game can eat my boomstick! Expand
  31. AustinM.
    Dec 13, 2004
    This game rocks!!!!! i'm on the last level and i'm tryin to figure out the order of the ocult things.good job THQ and Bruce Campbell.such a nice and gory game!
  32. Jan 4, 2017
    I initially gave this game a 5/10 calling it mediocore. That was when I was not really far into the game yet. Now iv'e finished the game and...it's a LOT worse. Once again there are the long as hell Load times and the bland looking eviroments and TOO MUCH SHADING. But now, I realized the gameplay is REALLY repetitive and boring. and I said the Music was only half bad? by that I meant theI initially gave this game a 5/10 calling it mediocore. That was when I was not really far into the game yet. Now iv'e finished the game and...it's a LOT worse. Once again there are the long as hell Load times and the bland looking eviroments and TOO MUCH SHADING. But now, I realized the gameplay is REALLY repetitive and boring. and I said the Music was only half bad? by that I meant the first three levels. I don't know why this has critical acclaim from usere, nor why a dude game this a zero because there wasn't enough blood (You can't make this sh*t up) but all I know is that critics are right to give this game "meh" review scores and if you disagree you can suck my boomstick Expand

#42 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003

1. It's just fun enough to look past the mediocre graphics and iffy mission structure. For those not as interested in Bruce Campbell's wit, give it a rent or just pass it all together.
  2. netjak
    The load times in Boomstick are really bad, taking almost up to 3 minutes to load the game up when I first started playing. It got a little bit faster after that, but not by much and still was about a 1 1/2 - 2 minute load time before getting to play.
  3. The gameplay is a mix of sloppy third-person action and even sloppier puzzles, putting the weight of the game squarely on Ash's tongue-in-cheek macho colloquialisms.