9.2

1. Feb 24, 2014
    This Game was more creepy then the first one. I didn't like the original ending..In fact I did get emotional I was sad and In raged she could of refused and drag her sister out of the village.
  2. Sep 26, 2013
    Absolutely fantastic game. Creepy as hell, story deep and very flushed out, breathtaking visuals and locations and sound and music that will send chills down your spine.

Fatal frame 2 takes follows the same formula of the first game, but improves on everything to near perfect status. Bigger area, deeply improved controls and combat, scarier and more varied enemies.

For me, this is
    the perfect survival horror game. While it may not be everyone's cup of tea, for me it is perfection as far as the genre is concerned.

Overall:
    One of the few games ever that got me scared and had me looking over my shoulder. To this day, I still get the creeps whenever I think of this game.
  3. May 22, 2013
    This game is made out of pure nightmares. I had to fear quit more times than i can remember as everything in this game just hits a home run to bring you one of the most terrifying experiences you'll ever have. Playing this game at night in the dark is how it was ment to be played. Me and four of my friends di this and were all freaking out on multiple occasions. Excellent story for a horror game, great use of music and sound, and the best atmosphere i have ever seen in a horror game. This game deserves the number one spot for horror games. Just great. Expand
  4. Apr 1, 2012
    The atmosphere is definitely creepy, but this just wasn't my cup of tea. I like to fight monsters, not take a picture of them to "fight" them. Granted the ghosts were pretty terrifying-looking, I was never scared. I just didn't find the game fun at all.
  5. Jul 21, 2011
    Controlling you're character and getting that camera to work just how you want it are in fact more nightmarish than the game itself. Yes it is plagued by Resident Evil syndrome wherein you have predesignated camera angles in rooms that add frustration to the clunky movement of you're character. Thank god the game is incredibly easy and I mean its really just running around-bump into ghost (or wall)-simple attack pattern-click-flash-fatal frame-dead-dead ghost. Thats the game outside of some pretty average puzzles and tracking down keys along finding some cryptic clues have yet to explain many things in full about the ultimate plot. I'm guessing thats not the focus here though. The camera is an excellent concept, the upgrading is cool and customization is fantastic. It is however, overpowered and dispatches those pesky ghosts pretty quickly especially when you find the more powerful film soon after the beginning. The unsettling details of terrible deaths and even "replayed" said terrible deaths are more intense then the combat alone though. You will quickly start asking yourself: "why are the rooms up until the ghosts creepier than my fights with ghosts?" Its also not very scary, but the atmosphere is quite good and enjoyable if you like that sort of theme in you're horror genre. Another thing that I found odd was- exactly how are you killed by a ghost? I mean when a ghost touches my ankle how exactly do I take damage from that? When a ghost gives me a hug- how exactly did that detract from my health? It also doesn't establish why some ghosts are just neutral. Like the many apparitions you take snapshots of or clues that require you to "exercise" a ghostly spirit for some reason they aren't harmful? Oh, but restless ghostly spirits are though! Right. It kind of just makes up these pre-established rules, but its not a huge deal. Its still great if you enjoy this series. It does a lot of things right and its fun too. The village is quite linear though and the game is a bit on the short side although over-all its a great experience. Expand
  6. Jun 11, 2011
    Despite an ending that is so-so, this game is seriously unsettling. It isn't necessarily scary, but throughout the entire game I found myself wanting to take breaks just because of the unsettling effect that the game's atmosphere had. One of the most unsettling parts of this game was the fact that you have to return to certain areas that you've been to before, and there's something about going back and forth about the village that creates this feeling that few horror games have, because most horror games require you to go forward, and you never really have to worry about going back to a place unless you want to have another play through. It's that sort of feeling that makes you think, "Man, I don't want to go there. I hate that place!" and when a horror game is able to successfully make you feel that, then you know they got the job done. Most people say that that's a feeling of tediousness, but they're also the type that doesn't admit being uncomfortable, and this game has very few moments that lack unease. Now I feel obligated to play the first, third, and fourth in the series, that's how impressed by this I was. Collapse
  7. Jun 11, 2011

1. Exploring the lost village is a terrifying experience that's enhanced by a greatly improved graphics engine and a well-structured soundtrack. Tecmo's latest effort may be flawed and far from innovative, but it's still an enjoyably scary experience. [Feb 2004, p.114]
  2. Warning though, this one's not for kids (unless you don't mind them staying up all night, too scared to go to sleep).
  3. There’s not much innovation here — the gameplay is far too linear and there is too much emphasis on key searching to trigger the next cut scene — but for atmosphere alone it is hard to beat.