Fatal Frame PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Mar 4, 2002
8.9

1. RobG.
    Oct 7, 2003
    I'm pretty sure i just shat myself... by far one of the scariest games i've played. Excellent effects, outstanding sound... i'm not kidding...i think i really did shat myself...
  2. Tomyo
    Jan 27, 2004
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh way to scary.
  3. JarrodC.
    May 7, 2002
    This game is scary as hell!!!! Great graphics! I found myself haveing to put the game down as it was getting too scary at times. And I don't scare easy. This game blows away Resident Evil and Silent Hill!!!!
  4. JamesV.
    Sep 29, 2003
    Scarier than most movies.
  5. FonstleL.
    Mar 15, 2004
    This is extremely scary man.
  6. CloudStrife
    Apr 10, 2005
    One of the best Horror Games, or the best? Anyway it is VERY Scary even if you play it at daylight! i tried to play it once with headphones and i almost pee on me!!
  7. EmilyB.
    Nov 20, 2003
    Loved it.
  8. EmilyB.
    Nov 20, 2003
    Loved it.
  9. LissaR.
    Nov 13, 2004
    This is the best survival horror game out there, especially if you're not too scared to play it in the dark. I'm a big fan of the Silent Hill and Resident Evil games, but this game easily blows them both away. It's really too bad that so many people have been closed minded about it because you fight with a camera. The only way that this game could have been better would be This is the best survival horror game out there, especially if you're not too scared to play it in the dark. I'm a big fan of the Silent Hill and Resident Evil games, but this game easily blows them both away. It's really too bad that so many people have been closed minded about it because you fight with a camera. The only way that this game could have been better would be if Miku's voice actress didn't sound brain damaged half of the time... Expand
  10. Feb 10, 2016
    My favorite game/series in the world. The first PS2 game I played, so it touched my heart. The story is intense, read all the files you get in the game, is great.
  11. JIFAN
    Nov 13, 2003
    This is the scariest game I've ever played, indeed, I have not finished it yet, too scary.......... ha
  12. MarceloJ.
    Dec 25, 2006
    This game keeps me in the edge of my seat, and my heart beating amazingly fast. The only game that creates this fear with more intensity is Silent Hill, but this one gets really close. A must have for horror fans.
  13. Aug 17, 2010
    This game and that **** with the messed up neck still scare me to this very day. The sounds are amazing and give an effect of almost surround sound-like quality even on a normal stereo television. Very terrifying ambiance. Story is quite interestingly done also.
  14. Dec 8, 2013
    It is a 9 for me just because the other 2 were longer. It's good for what it is and this kind of game isn't supposed to have weapons and action so forget about that, this isn't silent hill. This is slow paced and scary so it is supposed to surprise you and make you jump when it's quiet and you don't know what to expect. Weapons and a lot of fighting would ruin it badly.
  15. JohnT.
    Mar 13, 2002
    Think Silent Hill minus weapons, set in Japan, and you're not far off. I actually found this game to be pretty creepy, and there were a few few spots which make you jump. Not overall as scary or unsettling as the first Silent Hill, but I thought it was pretty cool. Along the way you pick up notes and scraps that unravel the story, as well as audio tapes which let you listen to the Think Silent Hill minus weapons, set in Japan, and you're not far off. I actually found this game to be pretty creepy, and there were a few few spots which make you jump. Not overall as scary or unsettling as the first Silent Hill, but I thought it was pretty cool. Along the way you pick up notes and scraps that unravel the story, as well as audio tapes which let you listen to the other character's problems in the mansion. Expand
  16. Oct 24, 2013
    About to beat this for the first time and while I readily admit that it is consistently creepy and occasionally intense, it is not nearly as 'scary' as "Silent Hill" (and its three immediate sequels). The best thing going for it is easily the story behind it and the folklore found within while its weakest link, by far, is the awful voice acting (for the US version). When all is said andAbout to beat this for the first time and while I readily admit that it is consistently creepy and occasionally intense, it is not nearly as 'scary' as "Silent Hill" (and its three immediate sequels). The best thing going for it is easily the story behind it and the folklore found within while its weakest link, by far, is the awful voice acting (for the US version). When all is said and done, it trounces the "Resident Evil" series easily though... is that really that hard to do? and I am looking forward to booting up the sequel. Expand
  17. Sep 26, 2013
    I got this game on day 1. It was scary, deeply atmospheric and some fantastic visuals. Not to mention the ghost hunting with a camera was a great, and unique way of combat that really felt refreshingly different.

Controls are a little clunky and slow at times and the story a little hard to follow at times, however the deeper into the game you get the clearer things get and the easier they become.

Overall:
    A spooky and deeply atmospheric game that really does something different to the survival horror genre.
  18. May 20, 2014
    Fatal Frame a good game. Unfortunately it is not a great game. If it were not for the following, then it would be great

-Short. It is literally between 4-6 hours long. You can complete it rather quick. However, Despite that the game is absolutely flavorful and the core concepts are original, making you not regret buying the game -The game does a poor job in preparing you for fights

-The game does a poor job in preparing you for fights when the game gets hard. It doesn't gradually get harder, at one point it will all of a sudden be tough. Keep in mind that in the beginning it's easy. You have tons of film and medicine, however halfway through the game out of nowhere, the game decides to make everything scarce, and if you run out of film in the middle of a ghost fight, you're dead. You cannot leave rooms when being attacked by a ghost. I died several times in particular places because of this. Most parts of this game are fun, but when reaching these particular moments the game would simply piss me off.

Aside from the two major drawbacks the game introduces it's own unique combat against ghost... Taking a picture and computing it inside the camera! The game has a creepy atmosphere, and you can feel a bit frightened even after putting the game down for years.
  19. EricC.
    Nov 18, 2002
    The game is not necessarily a bad conecpt, but a little more action should have gone into it to keep gamers on the edge of their seats. As a movie, I believe that this story would probably be better if one were made.
  20. Feb 24, 2014
    I played the second one before this because this one was really hard to find. The ending just like this made me mad because of the dumb choice the character's brother made…All in all I did enjoy it.
  21. May 18, 2015
  22. LouisD.
    Aug 28, 2003
    Fatal Frame could have been acceptable, but the lack of weapons and action really hurt the game. Truly disappointing.

#33 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002

1. I am happy to report that after many hours of lost sleep, hearing things that weren’t really there, and near fatal heart attacks it definitely is not only the most terrifying game experience I have ever had, but one of the more solid ones I have had as well.
  2. PSM Magazine
    Feels quite derivative of a lot of other horror games. [Apr 2002]
  3. You'll honestly find some sequences rather creepy...As far as horror-themed games go, Fatal Frame is one of the most interesting--in regard to its premise and the way it plays--to surface in a while.