FIFA Soccer 06 PlayStation 2

7.8

1. JamesB.
    Oct 9, 2005
    This game is quality, the depth and history of the beautiful game in Fifa 06 is outstanding, this game should be rated far higher, than what the critics are giving it.
  2. EnyinnaO.
    Jan 7, 2006
    EA has performed a great job by the reinvention of it's fifa series.the game is the best in it's series and it delivers both in gameplay and realism.fifa in the previous years lacked that cutting egde gameplay which have been crammed into fifa06.the game's new additions such as tactics and the new controls and added skills make a match up to pro evoand winning eleven.you EA has performed a great job by the reinvention of it's fifa series.the game is the best in it's series and it delivers both in gameplay and realism.fifa in the previous years lacked that cutting egde gameplay which have been crammed into fifa06.the game's new additions such as tactics and the new controls and added skills make a match up to pro evoand winning eleven.you don't expect fifa to be exactly like pro evo or winning eleven but it's interpretation of football is definite.fifa06 matches up to it's rival.fifa06's predessesors couldn't square up to pro evo or winning eleven but fifa06 has all it takes to beat pro evo or winning eleven.it is generally satisfying and great. it is all you need as a soccer game. Expand
  3. EM.
    Oct 4, 2005
    It has perfect graphics.
  4. BobBob
    Oct 4, 2006
    After playing Winning Eleven Nine it left me with a sour taste in my mouth. Luckily FIFA 06 turned out to be everything Winning eleven tries to be (fun) This is the only sports game I play and it lays all with the masters at EA Canada.
  5. JohnaldoD.
    Jul 6, 2006
    Good and exciting for one player mode. Pace-and skill(overall rating) is the key to warming a team's heart.
  6. CarlosL.
    Jun 15, 2007
    Best FIFA Game ever. There are some problems though. THe freestyle control is not relly needed at all like all you have to do to score is get in the wings cross into the box and header into the net but if you don't put enough power its saved. The players look like there real life person (look at Ronaldinho) the rosters are perfect with only small adjustments. Manager mode keeps you Best FIFA Game ever. There are some problems though. THe freestyle control is not relly needed at all like all you have to do to score is get in the wings cross into the box and header into the net but if you don't put enough power its saved. The players look like there real life person (look at Ronaldinho) the rosters are perfect with only small adjustments. Manager mode keeps you playing FOREVER i'm not kidding I've been playing FIFA for a while and I tend to just stop on the others but this game I Just keep coming back. Multiplayer on one system lets you set up tournaments which I Like to get all my buddies and see who is the King of Fifa. Expand
  7. RickN.
    Nov 14, 2005
    Anyone who slates this game is being very unfair, sure its no Pro Evo in gameplay respects, but its not a bad game and has some very good points, graphics/licences/career mode etc. Still, Pro Evo 5 manages to flick this game up and bicycle kick it out of the stadium.
  8. ChristopherC.
    Oct 18, 2005
    I have been forced to give this game a 10 out of 10 as it has perfect detail of the flags that can be seen at matches and the detail of the players is remarkable. I also like the retro section and the way that you can watch season reviews from different countries. At face value, the game is not brilliant, probably only worth about 7 out of 10, but past famous players' bios and other I have been forced to give this game a 10 out of 10 as it has perfect detail of the flags that can be seen at matches and the detail of the players is remarkable. I also like the retro section and the way that you can watch season reviews from different countries. At face value, the game is not brilliant, probably only worth about 7 out of 10, but past famous players' bios and other such features are brilliant. FIFA 94 on it is great, as it shows just how much the game has moved on since then. Anyone who rates this less than 5 out of 10 obviously hasn't noticed any of the extra features. The actual game is not as good as FIFA 2005 though, but for the stats, it is the best by far. It absolutely thrashes Pro Evolution and its fake team names!!! Well done EA Sports. I can't wait until you bring out FIFA 07. I don't want to wish my life away though. Expand
  9. ConradW.
    Oct 30, 2005
    Gameplay: spectacular A.I. who challenges the strikers. Excellent depth in the 15 year career mode. Gameplay: customizable with layouts to accomadate long time fifa fans and Winning Eleven Graphics: great animation althought the faces and hair of the create your character mode seems a little bit crude. Overall: a great game which many soccer fans who previously played Winning Eleven will Gameplay: spectacular A.I. who challenges the strikers. Excellent depth in the 15 year career mode. Gameplay: customizable with layouts to accomadate long time fifa fans and Winning Eleven Graphics: great animation althought the faces and hair of the create your character mode seems a little bit crude. Overall: a great game which many soccer fans who previously played Winning Eleven will also highly enjoy. Expand
  10. RayB.
    Oct 8, 2005
    FIFA 06 has improved massiveley over last years effort. The management side is a good addition where you have to try and balance the books through sponsership. This is probably the best FIFA game made, but somehow it still doesn't have the long lasting enjoyment of Pro Evolution Soccer.
  11. FrancoK.
    Jul 18, 2006
    Strength also matters. You also don't want to get pushed off the bal easilyl, but overall, good things to take into consideration.
  12. zoemoore
    Dec 30, 2007
    theres only one word fit for this game "fantastic" football game out on the market ea never fail on the fifa games and they always bring entertainment into the family. One thing that is annoying with th game is it takes a while to get the hang of it but once you have grasped the concept of playing you cant stop playing it,.
  13. AaronB.
    Dec 28, 2005
    only soccer game with any kind of good licensing and realistic gameplay.

1. It may only be a year or so from topping "Winning Eleven." [Nov 2005, p.92]
  2. FIFA is still doomed to feel a little stiff due to its reliance on set animations to govern play, and there are plenty of frustrating AI mistakes that linger. [Oct 2005, p.128]
  3. The players move so sluggishly it feels as if the match is being played on a waterlogged, mud-treacle pitch. And what's with the ball still feeling like it's tethered to a player's feet by an invisible elastic band after all these years of the same complaint? [PSW]