FIFA Soccer 2004 PlayStation 2

6.4

1. DanielF.
    Dec 4, 2003
    Well fifa have things like loads of players, clubs, leagues and erm thats it, a big improvement but lets be honest its miles off being a challenging game, if you wnat football then pro evolution 3 is that game you want....sorry EA your game sucks.
  2. J.Se
    Jun 13, 2004
    Fifa needs to improve the jukes and get some more teams fom mexico. its about time that a soccer game shows the excitment off a fakeout on a sik trik.
  3. DazS.
    Oct 26, 2003
    When I first switched the game on a was looking forward to being my Favorite socer team from the nationwide league, which is my hometown. I was disapointed that the team I support was wearing last years strip and the commentary for the players was incorrect. The squad was accurate but I feel that when you buy a game for your team you expect the latest strips commentary names to be When I first switched the game on a was looking forward to being my Favorite socer team from the nationwide league, which is my hometown. I was disapointed that the team I support was wearing last years strip and the commentary for the players was incorrect. The squad was accurate but I feel that when you buy a game for your team you expect the latest strips commentary names to be accurate with squads. For me, EA have only delivered 1 of the 3 things it promised this years title would give the paying public. That is why it got a seven, the game would be a nine if the above was corrected. That is the negatives out of the way nw the positives. An improved transfer market which is great and a soccer title that plays like it is a soccer game. The emphasis is passing and moving to conjure a goal. Even the greatest players such as Ronaldo have trouble running the length of the field and socring as in other fifa titles in the past. Also was impressed on how on the difference between big sides like Chelsea and my local team. I was easily beating teams for my league 4-0 6-0 etc. I played chealsea in the cup and got a 4-0 defeat away from home, all goals coming from crespo in the first half. To sum up, the best fifa game yet and plays a good game of football. EA, work on what you promise like proper up-to-date strips, accurate player commentary names and even though these are small criticisms they add to the fifa experience. Expand
  4. HenrikS.
    Mar 3, 2006
    A good but not great game.
  5. TimJ.
    Oct 20, 2003
    It's not bad (better than 2003 anyway), but it still nothing compared to pro evolution soccer 2 let alone pro evo 3.
  6. Alex
    Dec 23, 2003
    Certainly this is the best FIFA ever, yet.. it still isn't as fun as the old, good ISS Pro Evolution and I'm not joking. It is quick good for the first hours but then it becomes repetive and predictable. Konami once again wins the battle with the superb Pro Evolution Soccer 3.
  7. TomI.
    Oct 26, 2003
    Gameplay is better this year, but still miles behind pro evolution soccer 3.
  8. L.GG
    Oct 25, 2003
    From advance reviews it sounds as though FIFA 2004 is the same as 2003, only with more gloss, as Eurogamer put it. And as far as the challenge put up by Play on finding a game with more dynamic ball movement than FIFA--they must not have played Winning Eleven 6; and just in case FIFA 2004's ball movement IS better than WE6's--that game is Winning Eleven 7, available here in From advance reviews it sounds as though FIFA 2004 is the same as 2003, only with more gloss, as Eurogamer put it. And as far as the challenge put up by Play on finding a game with more dynamic ball movement than FIFA--they must not have played Winning Eleven 6; and just in case FIFA 2004's ball movement IS better than WE6's--that game is Winning Eleven 7, available here in February. Stay Tuned. It will kick FIFA around like a tin can on dirt field in a Rio shantytown. Expand
  9. RussP.
    Nov 25, 2003
    Sorry, PES3 rips FIFAs arms off and beats it round the head with the bloody stumps. No comparison.
  10. CCFCWamCozoni
    Oct 20, 2003
    I was going to buy this as an alternative to a certain other game by Konami, but having played the demo it is just not worth it. The Gameplay is still sluggish, the graphics are still blurry and aukward looking and overall it should be avoided like the plague!
  11. JohnyJ.
    Jul 18, 2004
    I hate this game for the simple fact there's no international tournament...Had I known this, I would not have bought it, such a great game lacks such an important feature...I feel cheated.
  12. Oct 3, 2015
    Mi primer Fifa y mi primer juego de fútbol , en una época que el pro era muchísimo mejor . Pasable sin mas pero con mucho cariño lo recuerdo . Como ha cambiado las cosas desde entonces .

#30 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003
#70 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2003

1. Little tweaks in the AI here and there sometimes leave something to be desired (it’s easy to march on down the field until you get near the goal box – then it’s almost impossible) but overall the game is spot on.
  2. There’s plenty in FIFA 2004 to keep you happy until next season, when hopefully we’ll finally able to execute some plays of greater skill and complexity.
  3. With the addition of PS2 online play and another tightening of the gameplay across the board, who's going to really be a challenge this year?