7.1

1. Sep 23, 2010
    While outshined by its predecessor and a very radical departure from the series norm, Final Fantasy X-2 still manages to be highly entertaining and engrossing, with special mention to its frenetic and nuanced combat system.
  2. Nov 17, 2010
    I really enjoy, and still do enjoy playing this game. Of course it will never live up to what Final Fantasy X was, but i felt the game held it's own and was a good game. I suppose the only thing i didn't like was mainly the main character Yuna's overall attitude in the game. I know characters need to evolve, but it just seemed like a whole different person than the Final Fantasy X yuna weI really enjoy, and still do enjoy playing this game. Of course it will never live up to what Final Fantasy X was, but i felt the game held it's own and was a good game. I suppose the only thing i didn't like was mainly the main character Yuna's overall attitude in the game. I know characters need to evolve, but it just seemed like a whole different person than the Final Fantasy X yuna we knew and love. but no matter, this game was very nice, and it's one of my favorite of the final fantasy series. Expand
  3. Sep 28, 2010
    So far the only complain I saw are the Chick-flick style... seriously, you cannot enjoy a game because it's too girly for you... it's like saying you can't enjoy Pokemon because it's too childish. Huh, I'm too tired to argue and so I'll just say this, it's a recycled game with a vamped up gameplay and way too easy bosses. It may not be as challenging for and RPG fan but it serves itSo far the only complain I saw are the Chick-flick style... seriously, you cannot enjoy a game because it's too girly for you... it's like saying you can't enjoy Pokemon because it's too childish. Huh, I'm too tired to argue and so I'll just say this, it's a recycled game with a vamped up gameplay and way too easy bosses. It may not be as challenging for and RPG fan but it serves it purpose as an entertaining one. Expand
  4. May 2, 2013
    In my opinion, the best Final Fantasy title on Playstation 2. Also, I think this is the best one since the Super Nintendo titles were released, they had something going, too bad they messed it up with 11 and 12.
  5. Jan 23, 2014
    Final Fantasy X-2 was an amazing sequel to X. But if you haven't played X first, you shouldn't play this game. I don't really see why this game gets so much hate. Personally, I love the changes. X-2 is very upbeat and joyful as opposed to the more depressing atmospheres you see in previous FF games which gets old really fast. I also love that there's an all-female cast which defies a lotFinal Fantasy X-2 was an amazing sequel to X. But if you haven't played X first, you shouldn't play this game. I don't really see why this game gets so much hate. Personally, I love the changes. X-2 is very upbeat and joyful as opposed to the more depressing atmospheres you see in previous FF games which gets old really fast. I also love that there's an all-female cast which defies a lot of stereotypes and sexism. The battle system was a big overhaul from X and while it is much easier than X, it's also more complicated as well. The dressphere and Garment Grid system was also a great addition and it gave the game a more magical and mystical feel. Most of the characters from X are in the game but only as cameos. Some of them are even bosses that you have to fight against. All of the locations from X are back and some of them even have secret dungeons that you have to go through hell and high water just to access which makes the game pretty difficult.

Unlike X, the gameplay is non-linear which means you can control where the story goes. Also there are a lot of side quests, mini-games, and secret places that you can access which makes this game have a LOT of replay value. But some of the secret dungeons are very difficult even for veteran gamers and you might get very frustrated. There are several endings and the one you get depends on the percentage completion that you have when you complete the game. However, it's impossible to get 100% completion in one playthrough but there's something that can remedy that. There's a New Game+ feature which lets you play all over again with everything you've obtained. But you're not getting off that easily! You start back over at Level 1 so things won't be too easy for you.

The music in X-2 was quite amazing and it was a big change from X but in a good way. The songs in the game (Real Emotion and 1000 Words) are quite wonderful and you'll want to listen to them all over again. The three characters that you'll be using (Yuna, Rikku, and a new girl Paine) are an awesome trio indeed. Yuna has changed quite a lot from X. She has developed some of Tidus's traits and is more worldly and outspoken as well as playful. But she still retains some of her old traits from X so she hasn't completely changed. Rikku for the most part is still the same person she was from X. Nothing about her has changed. Aside from her appearance of course. Then there's the new girl Paine. She's a stark contrast to Yuna and Rikku and is a mystery for most of the game. It's up to the player to uncover her past and hopefully her true self. Paine is my favorite out of the three girls and is a wonderful addition to the game.

Overall, Final Fantasy X-2 is an amazing game that shouldn't have any hate at all. It's the perfect RPG that will suit all of your needs!
  6. Feb 29, 2012
    Amazing game. This my first final fantasy and it got me hooked on the series(couldn't find x as it was 2006, have since played and loved it). the battle system is one of my favourites, and it was a great idea to let the player choose where to go next. there is a ton of sidemissions and hidden objectives/items to keep ffx veterans and completion-ists entertained(lots of ffx cameos). thisAmazing game. This my first final fantasy and it got me hooked on the series(couldn't find x as it was 2006, have since played and loved it). the battle system is one of my favourites, and it was a great idea to let the player choose where to go next. there is a ton of sidemissions and hidden objectives/items to keep ffx veterans and completion-ists entertained(lots of ffx cameos). this game has a much more "quirky" and upbeat atmosphere than its predecessor but it suits the game well imo. its 2012 now so the graphics are not amazing but the variety of locations and their design is still great(like most SE games). the music is also well done here and always suits the tone and locale of the game. like x the characters are very likable(for the most part) and it is cool to see how everyone has changed over the course of 2 years.all in all this is one of my favourites, yes it has flaws and won't be for everyone but imo it gets a 10. Expand
  7. TomK.
    Mar 20, 2004
    This is a brillant game, with excellent graphics and a gameplay system which really works. The only thing i can fault the game for is not being long enough, but the sexyness of the characters counteracts this. Two thumbs up for a brill game.
  8. Andy
    Apr 7, 2004
    EXCELLENT!
  9. NickF.
    Sep 24, 2004
    Ive read all about it and it sounds wicked but i was thinking Aww wheres tidus i meen he is my favourite character ohh and one more question ...does yuna and riku find him at the end??? and wht is paines history?? email me and pleez do TELL! Thanx guys
  10. Bob
    Nov 26, 2003
    The begining hour of the games sucks but after that it is like ffx, the perfect game
  11. Mikey
    Dec 3, 2003
    I think the game is awsome game.its better than the other ones(to me). the only put down is the music they play its a little bit too happy. and how the characters act some times is too girly i know they are girls but they do a lot of girly things dont you think???
  12. DimitriF.
    Oct 23, 2003
    This game is the perfect sequel i love it even though it is a sequel it is still original. This game is both beautiful and breathtaking with an amazing storyline, it is the perfect balance of beautiful graphics and an amazing depth of gameplay.
  13. MattP.
    Dec 5, 2003
    I have also played all of them up to x2 and this isnt bad. The music is awesome and lets face it its not girlish the costumes are a bit slutty and you can tell a guy designed them come on the worst one i think was final fantsy 9 that was a joke.
  14. WillaimE.
    Jan 4, 2004
    It's the best final Fanstasy of all time. i can play it for hours even days.
  15. LoganA.
    Jan 4, 2004
    Everyone who doesn't like this game should be flogged to start with. Then they should be sexually molested in public by five hairy 400 pound men and have it videotaped. They should then be forced to watch it everyday from that day forth. Lastly, they should be grilled naked and eaten for dinner. This game is awesome. I won't give you the reasons because I don't want to Everyone who doesn't like this game should be flogged to start with. Then they should be sexually molested in public by five hairy 400 pound men and have it videotaped. They should then be forced to watch it everyday from that day forth. Lastly, they should be grilled naked and eaten for dinner. This game is awesome. I won't give you the reasons because I don't want to waste my time writing this crap, I'm off to go play it. Expand
  16. BlackDragonOfAlthena
    Feb 27, 2004
    This by far is one of the best Final Fantasy games I have played. And I think that all of the bad things you critics out there are giving it arn't as bad as you all put it. First, the fact that you think it was too femminen was not really justified. I never for a second thought this was a barbie game(save the rommance, but rommance isn't nessesarily a bad thing) I mean going This by far is one of the best Final Fantasy games I have played. And I think that all of the bad things you critics out there are giving it arn't as bad as you all put it. First, the fact that you think it was too femminen was not really justified. I never for a second thought this was a barbie game(save the rommance, but rommance isn't nessesarily a bad thing) I mean going around the world in a bad ass airship and killing monster's from another plain of existence isn't what little Jenny down the street would do. Second the music. You all think it is so bad and that the whole pop theme sucks. It is just trying to show the light heartedness of the game. Sin isn't about to eat all that you love in this one! People are upbeat and happy and so are the tunes. Third the plot. "Oh it had no plot at all! It didn't even make sense!" I got one thing to say to you people...open your ears and listen to what the people are saying on the little square thing called a T.V.! Which brings me to my next point. All of the voice actors are professionals and know what they are doing. They all did a good job(I'll admit that Rikku's voice gets a little annoying, but it's Rikku, she's supposed to be like that it's her character.) Next the reuse of the same maps and places. 1) Kilika is totally different save the temple. 2) A sh.t load of new dungeons. 3) And it's a sequel! If it takes place in Spira in the first on it probably ain't going to be on mars 8 million years away. Finally all of you freaking out about how in "REAL LIFE" Yuna's hair wouldn't grow that fast and all the countless other unrealalistic things you are all so worried about. Just chill out, take a step back, and remember that real life is a little different than what comes out of the ps2. Chill out and have fun with the fantasy. I mean it is called Final FANTASY! That's my speil. Thanks for listening to my complaining. Expand
  17. Odno
    Feb 28, 2004
    It's just so much fun, we want to see more adventures of Yuna and her friends...FFX-3 where are you?
  18. Meh
    Mar 2, 2004
    This is a great game, just like all of the FF's.
  19. FF3lover
    Mar 5, 2004
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
  20. JeffB.
    Jun 1, 2004
    This game being the first sequal in a great series, 10-2 proved to be successful, even though people say that it doesn't come close to 10, the story line might be a little worse than 10's but the fighting style by far beats 10's gameplay. I enjoyed playing through this game more than 10, I think the whole changing costumes during battle is a great idea, because it saves you This game being the first sequal in a great series, 10-2 proved to be successful, even though people say that it doesn't come close to 10, the story line might be a little worse than 10's but the fighting style by far beats 10's gameplay. I enjoyed playing through this game more than 10, I think the whole changing costumes during battle is a great idea, because it saves you items and its more fun tahn having to change characters. Besides girls need to be the main character of atleast a few video games, and this one backs them up. Collapse
  21. Pedro
    Jan 27, 2005
    Ohhhhh this game is so coool i can´t belive that some people give it 1.
  22. KirstenB.
    Jul 6, 2005
    I LOVED this game.so i think it deservs a 10!
  23. MattJ.
    Jul 7, 2005
    This game is very fun to play. It also has the best graphic through out the Final Fantasy Series. I love this game becuase it is so realstic and people can have the same realisons in this game to real life. If I could help make the next Final Fantasy 10-3 it would be awesome.
    Jul 8, 2005
    This is my only ff game (well I have kingdom hearts) I also like the music.
  25. RayA.
    Nov 30, 2003
    First of all, nhat is a f***in r...., how could you hate a game like this? man when i played it i couldn't put the damn controller down...this game is pure amazment just like all the others in the past....in other words: THIS GAME IS THE BEST GAME!!!
  26. ChuckM.
    Dec 1, 2003
    LOVE IT. I'm 15% of the way through, and I can't wait to get home from work to play. I love the battle system, I love the abilities system, I love all of the possibilities this presents. LOVE IT.
  27. BrittanyW.
    Dec 1, 2003
    I'm michael k.'s girlfriend and i would get him anything he ever wanted because i love him so!!! I LOVE YOU MICHAEL!
  28. DanF.
    Dec 21, 2003
    All i truly can say about this game is that i thoroughly enjoy it. The ATB battles are supurb, and the ability to change jobs even if it is by means of a "dresssphere" is an added welcome. I think most people are put off by the fact that you only have three female characters throughout the entire game are just missing the most important part of this game, which IS the gameplay. This game All i truly can say about this game is that i thoroughly enjoy it. The ATB battles are supurb, and the ability to change jobs even if it is by means of a "dresssphere" is an added welcome. I think most people are put off by the fact that you only have three female characters throughout the entire game are just missing the most important part of this game, which IS the gameplay. This game would be no different if the characters were all male, besides who made the rule that RPG characters could be only or mostly male? The game was designed to be lighthearted after all. And as far as the game engine, why would a company want to spend millions on development only to make a new engine for a sequel? Yes the fiends and backgrounds remain FFX but that is were it absolutely ends. FFX was linear gameplay, this one is DEFINATELY not linear, and is very much welcome by me and alot of other gamers for sure. I have yet to be impressed enough by ANY FF game to give it a 10 rating, because frankly, i found alot of games to be lacking somewhere. Character development is important in any Rpg. Why the three women as main characters. Well, i don't know for sure but wasn't the prior story about Yuna and Tidus? What other way to represent a sequel than the way they have? Sure they could have used others but would it have made much difference. To me no, if anything it would have been even more boring. Is this game for everybody? I imagine not. In my opinion if you aren't sure , rent it first. There is nothing more disgusting than buying a game you truly don't like. Did Square do a good job with this game. I definately think so. of course this is only MY opinion. By the way, would anyone be intrested in a used copy of FFXI ? The desire to play has slipped away along with the monthly fee to play this game. *sigh* Please hurry, I can't wait for FFXII. Expand
  29. AlexB.
    Dec 20, 2003
    I'm a fan of final fantasy games i finish them all and this is one of the best !!!
  30. PeterA.
    Dec 24, 2003
    Funny. Many of the reviews that complain about people giving FF X-2 good scores and not backing it up are guilty of a much worse offense. Some can say that reviwers "bought into the hype," but most of the negative reviews seem to be written by people who have bought into the hype of the opposite nature. Plenty of people want to bash this game because it's too girly or too silly and Funny. Many of the reviews that complain about people giving FF X-2 good scores and not backing it up are guilty of a much worse offense. Some can say that reviwers "bought into the hype," but most of the negative reviews seem to be written by people who have bought into the hype of the opposite nature. Plenty of people want to bash this game because it's too girly or too silly and can't look past that narrow mindedness long enough to see an extremely polished and entertaining game. That said, Final Fantasy X-2's graphics are far from "outdated." Final Fantasy X set a precident on the PS2 graphically, and although X-2 may not go quite that far, there are significant improvements graphically to keep the game fresh. The character animations are improved by leaps and bounds from the stale and repetitive movements of X and the facial animations are some of the best seen in any game on the PS2 period. To say the game has very little action would invoke me to ask the question: have you even played it? Regardless of whether you like the dress sphere system, being able to change a characters abilities on the fly during battle does add a new level of strategy to the fights that is new to the series. Moreover, the pace of battles in X-2 is insanely fast. No action? There's so much going on at once during battles that it's often times hard to keep track of it all, and the fact that the monsters don't hold off attacks while selecting spells, items or switching dress spheres keeps the battle pace challenging and intense. The voice acting is down right impressive, especially in comparison to FF X. The returning voice actors seem more comfortable in their roles and honestly take the characters to another level. The dialouge can sometimes be cheesy, but it fits with the light hearted flavor of the game and some of dialouge is even genuinely funny and clever, especially brother who takes the comic relief role in this installment. The music is admittedly not on the same level as X, but its a different type of game and therefore a different musical score. The music fits with the tone of the game, but is nothing spectacular. The story is also a bit lacking in comparison to X, it takes a while to pick up and does deliver on some fronts (the political aspects with New Yevon and the Youth Leauge were interesting) but overall falls a little short when compared to some of the epic story lines of Final Fantasies past. Then again, those story lines are some big shoes to fill and X-2's story is by no means bad and is definitely more than entertaining enough to keep you hooked through the experience. Throw in the new game plus feature that adds some replay value and the chance to try out different paths through the game and multiple endings and you've got some insentive to keep X-2 in your PS2 for quite a while. My advice to you is don't believe the hype. Don't let the nay sayers psych you out and don't rush head long into X-2 just because it's a Final Fantasy and a Square game either because it is a very different experience from any FF you've seen before. The scenery and characters may be a tad repetitious, but I promise you the experience is not. If you're an RPG fan, not to mention a FF fan, you owe it to yourself to give this game a try. Treat yourself to a return trip to Spira. You won't regret it. Expand
  31. DavidL.
    Dec 31, 2003
    It's a good game. its different, it lighter, its more fun, yet its still good. Maybe a little corny a times, but we all are at one time or another. a lot more versatility in the game. different music score that fits well with the game. totally different battle system that is much faster, but adds to the excitement and realism of the battles. The dressspheres are a great idea and giveIt's a good game. its different, it lighter, its more fun, yet its still good. Maybe a little corny a times, but we all are at one time or another. a lot more versatility in the game. different music score that fits well with the game. totally different battle system that is much faster, but adds to the excitement and realism of the battles. The dressspheres are a great idea and give you more choices in how to develop characters. the only things i miss are the overdrives and more useable characters. i kinda miss the aeons but its all good. quality game. a worthy sequel of ffx. Expand
  32. FinalFantasy
  34. Josh
    Square revolution.
  35. EntertainmentCritic
    Feb 26, 2004
    So okay... criticise the music, costumes, voice actors, graphics, script and plot all you like but you do take for granted a lot of game-making process. Taking these in turn... the music, like all other FF games is relevant to the atmosphere of the game. It adds to it. Remember in FF7 where Tifa's theme is a slow, sad song relating to the slums of Midgar and Yuffie's was very So okay... criticise the music, costumes, voice actors, graphics, script and plot all you like but you do take for granted a lot of game-making process. Taking these in turn... the music, like all other FF games is relevant to the atmosphere of the game. It adds to it. Remember in FF7 where Tifa's theme is a slow, sad song relating to the slums of Midgar and Yuffie's was very upbeat? Well listen again to Yuna, Rikku and Shuyin's themes. The first two are extremely upbeat. Rikku's is for the fact that her personality is naturally over-cheerful and Yuna's is based on her newfound optimism. In FFX she accepted her fate. She would live and die for Spira but, as Rikku points out, Yuna never pursued her own aspirations. Saving Spira was her priority because she cared for the people, not because she wanted to be a heroine. Also, the two Yuna songs are adaptations from Japanese. I prefer the originals but the English versions do much in the way of retaining to meaning of the songs. 1000 Words releases Lenne?s emotions and concealed thoughts and the music aboard the Celsius reflects the fun that the Gullwings are having and the positive nature of all of it. So your music criticisms are out the window. Now onto the costumes. Yes some are skimpy but they aren?t the best dress spheres. I tend to have Paine as a Dark Knight, Rikku as a warrior and Yuna as a white mage (not skimpy). Three very useful classes and I haven?t even mentioned the Mascot. Yuna?s special is a little risqué though I must admit. Now the voice actors, in my opinion, embody the personality of the characters perfectly. Hedy Burress acted Yuna as a reserved and profound character back in FFX and added some excitement into her voice in FFX-2. Tara Strong, although a little squeaky, lets Rikku?s personality shine and Gwendoline Yeo makes Paine the serious type. Also remember that, as Kizer pointed out, the voice actors are professionals. Many of the main ones have voiced Animatrix other cartoon characters. Tara Strong did the voices for Bowser Jr in Super Mario Sunshine and also Roshan/Start in Ice Age. John DiMaggio (Wakka/Kimahri) is the genius behind Bender from Futurama. James Arnold Taylor (Tidus/Shuyin) is a very good impressionist so he has done voice doubling for many people. So I know for a fact that these are not amateurs. The graphics are self-explanatory. Despite the characters having a slightly unnaturally perfect physique, they are some of the most realistic we?ve seen in a video game. Even the likes of Half Life 2 don?t have much better. Oh yeah? fire. Do you have any idea how hard it is to make realistic fire?! Also, remember this is an RPG. Generally, a lot is based on mathematics (stats and rolls) and less on graphics so Squaresoft/Square-Enix has gone beyond their calling. As for the scripts, Square have implemented much more humour within X-2 than any other FF making it the most light hearted. However, in my opinion, FFX-2 is ironically the darkest and most emotional of the series (although admittedly I?ve yet to play 1-3 and 8,9 and 11). Is it a coincidence that Vegnagun is deep within the earth? Bevelle?s secrets hidden up inside the world? Secrets hidden in caves Spira-wide? Lenne?s feelings lost in the depths of time? How everyone jumps into the dark holes? Not in my eyes. Played for, and got is what I say. Which leaves me with the plot to discuss. FFX was supposed to be Tidus? story but it was intertwined with Spira, Sin and the Fayth?s story (1000 years in his future). FFX-2 was Yuna?s story, intertwined with that of the Bevelle/Zanarkand war and the Lenne/Shuyin love story (1000 years in her past) for the normal ending at least. We have seen aspects of Tidus? personality (like his stubbornness) rub off on Yuna. Also note that she wields the Brotherhood as her warrior weapon and her victory celebration for it is identical to Tidus? in the original. Also her rejection of Nooj?s plan is similar to Tidus? reluctance to lose Yuna. Personally, I believe the two episodes are based on the theme of hope. In FFX, the Summoners bring hope of the calm, the High Summoners deliver the hope, Tidus and Rikku hope to save Yuna, Wakka?s faith is lost and his hopes are changed (to become a blitz champion, to reconcile with Al Bhed etc). Also it has a strong tie of friendship with any of the seven willing to die for another (except for the short period of Wakka?s shock over Rikku). The hope in FFX-2 is that of Yuna to find her lost love, Lenne to send her words to hers, Rikku to free Yuna, the Akagi group to bring order to Spira, Wakka and Lulu of their future? catch my drift? I give it 9.6 and FFX 9.7 but rounded to the nearest number it makes 10. I think Square took the biggest set of scales they could find and tried to balance it with coins placed on their edge. Not an easy task but, somehow, they succeeded. Final Fantasy X-2: A blatant cash-in? Of course it is? the purpose of a company?s existence is to make a profit you idiots! If it something will make your product sell then use it. BUT that doesn?t mean the cash-in will be a cheap two-bit job. Also a note to Mal. Have you tried summoning an aeon? So what Yuna?s hair grew five feet in two years. The girl knows magic! Expand
  36. JasonC.
    Feb 26, 2004
    People have now said many things about ff X-2. this my opinion... if you ever talk to a guy in japan they'll probably say IT RULZ!!! Y? some may ask... BECUZ THE NEED TO CHANGE THE GAME FROM JAPANESE TO ENGLISH IS VERY HARD!!! ok... look if u could understand japanese and played the JAPANESE VERSION you'll see y the voice acting is "crapped up" becuz the cut scenes were never People have now said many things about ff X-2. this my opinion... if you ever talk to a guy in japan they'll probably say IT RULZ!!! Y? some may ask... BECUZ THE NEED TO CHANGE THE GAME FROM JAPANESE TO ENGLISH IS VERY HARD!!! ok... look if u could understand japanese and played the JAPANESE VERSION you'll see y the voice acting is "crapped up" becuz the cut scenes were never fomatted to blend with so the it would look like their actually talking. If you actually had a brain ( and this is directed to the people who badly of X-2 ) you could realize that the music isn't crap it's just that the music is changed to math the game i mean... do u think itll make sense seeing these girls walking around with dark and evil music... i dont think so... and to all who it's girly... ignore it. if music too different for your liking... turn the sound off and put something u do like. its not that hard. if u think the character's outfit is too scantly... then just concentrate on watching where ur goin, wut ur attacking and only listen to the cut scenes becuz it's not like sin gonna suddenly appear out of nowhere and kill u if u do... overall the game's a very good game... whether ur a ff fan , or a loner goin to college and has no girlfriends... i mean their's nothin stopping u from turning yuna and rikku into thieves and have paine as a samurai killing everything :) Expand
  37. RyanL.
    Feb 29, 2004
    AMAZING GAME, it just makes me want to find out what happens before this game. Time to play ffx to find out what happens (never even touch ffx yet)
  38. TimmyT.
    Mar 10, 2004
    It is so cool, fast good story EVERYONE should get it.
  39. CodyandArjay
    Apr 13, 2004
    This game is best game we ever played. We can play for 14 days and 14 nights.
  40. RyanM.
    Jun 5, 2004
    I congratulate squaresoft for going out of the norm and creating a sequel to an incredible series. But this game isn't completely a sequel. it is a whole new adventure within itself, and offers up a whole host of insane bosses, great new ideas, such as dressspheres, and new gameplay mechanics, like real time. But, i'm upset that the graphics hardly improved over ff 10. If your aI congratulate squaresoft for going out of the norm and creating a sequel to an incredible series. But this game isn't completely a sequel. it is a whole new adventure within itself, and offers up a whole host of insane bosses, great new ideas, such as dressspheres, and new gameplay mechanics, like real time. But, i'm upset that the graphics hardly improved over ff 10. If your a final fantasy fan you could look at this as a disappointing final fantasy game, and a game that breaks the pattern of being the first ever sequel in the series. or you could look at it as a whole new era of the final fantasy series, and enjoy every bit of this fantastically unique experience. Expand
  41. ErnestoC.
    Jun 10, 2005
    This is one of the best games i have ever played.
  42. ReginaH.
    Jul 7, 2005
    I loved the game. it has gd graphics and the story line was kool. i realli think it deserves a 10!!
  43. VarunB.
    Aug 11, 2005
    Was admittedly a bit tentative at first, but this game really grew on me...its new combat system and awesome graphics make it a worthy sequel to the original...and if you manage to get the special ending, it gives you a feeling of closure that can only be desribed as truly gratifying!!!
  44. DanA.
    Dec 20, 2006
    Still the most underrated game in the series. It's a shame that the casual gamers were so uncomfortable controlling three vaginas so they create the cloud that this game is bad or something. Great game.
  45. RogerK.
    Jan 5, 2006
    I don't care what anyone else says this was one of the best final fantasys i ever played. And puting in all the time, just try to get the perfect ending was worth it. I liked X and also liked X-2. And i cant wait for final fantasy XII to come.
  46. D.Ramos
    Jun 30, 2006
    I Love Final Fantasy X-2 and X They are my favorite game characters of all time. I mean you can't find any better couple then them. Maybe some Movie stars should look at Tidus and Yuna's relationship. And I never got to see the perfect ending. My game messed up and then my little brother ended up throwing it away. =T Well. Thats all I have to say, If you don't like the I Love Final Fantasy X-2 and X They are my favorite game characters of all time. I mean you can't find any better couple then them. Maybe some Movie stars should look at Tidus and Yuna's relationship. And I never got to see the perfect ending. My game messed up and then my little brother ended up throwing it away. =T Well. Thats all I have to say, If you don't like the game. Try making one yourself. Expand
  47. AkiraS
    Sep 15, 2008
    I and Most agree the soundtrack of choice was poor and it did not meet up to its previous, FF10 game. But it really did stem out to the female Audience. I could enjoy an RPG that
  48. ShanaS
    Sep 25, 2009
    I loved the game. Finally they make a game about girls. I really enjoyed this game. In my opinion ppl say they dont like it because their girls and blah blah blah. IT WAS WONDERFUL ! I dont care what anybody else says but this is one of my favorite games ever. No one cant convinced me otherwise.
  49. Me
    Nov 21, 2003
    Yeah you are right, some of those import reviews don't even play the game and you can't rate a game simply coz it's a sequel, then they would have made all FFs low scores, THIS GAME ROCKS!!
  50. Huaa
    Nov 24, 2003
    This is great game.. i didn't like a lot of thing in the beginning but as i got used to them... they can't make it any better than this final fantasy... FF impoves with every version.
  51. Huaa
  52. MichaelK.
    Nov 30, 2003
    This game is the best. it is a lot different then X but it is just as fun if not more. if you like any of the final fantasy game you will like this one. And i owe all the fun im having in this great game to my beautiful girl friend brit who got it for me and i love her for ever.
  53. OdinW.
    Oct 13, 2003
    I played the import and I don't seem to understand anything the graphics are excellent and the music is cool, the game system seems fine and really weird is the battle is a real mess sometimes when the character stays on the other side after slashing an opponent...got stuck on the first mission but I'll buy the US version soon enough.
  54. BrianO.
    Dec 11, 2003
    This game is good I love the new spin and yuna and riku are complimented by an interesting character paine I look forward to playing it again and again before getting the bonus ending.
  55. MatthewS.
    Dec 22, 2003
    This game is awesome, a great first sequel that square has made, excuse me, square enix. And to continue from FFX, a great game its self, with well over 150+ hrs, it has made the story even better.
  56. EricS.
    Dec 4, 2003
    This game has taken some inovative ideas and basically lets u design ur own chars and abilities... only disapointment so far is the fact u loose ur levels at new game +
  57. ZackF.
    Dec 8, 2003
    Honestly, the game DOES starts out boring, but after a while it is a really great game (although I miss the aeons). A lot of guys say it sucks because there are no dudes, because it is too girly, or because the dress sphere system is a dumb idea. To me, those are sexist remarks and shouldn't be able to affect any ones views about this great game.
  58. BizNess
    Feb 18, 2004
    Ok, seriously, if you people dont like the game, dont play it!!!!! I for one happen to like it, the monsters, the battle system could have just not changed... i would have liked the garment grid to never happen and the sphere grid to come back but other than that... EVERYTHING is top notch, i like the graphics, however dangerous for old playstations to have too many graphics which can Ok, seriously, if you people dont like the game, dont play it!!!!! I for one happen to like it, the monsters, the battle system could have just not changed... i would have liked the garment grid to never happen and the sphere grid to come back but other than that... EVERYTHING is top notch, i like the graphics, however dangerous for old playstations to have too many graphics which can cause the GUI to crash, but really this is a really good damn game and i love it.... and to all the high raters, ignore the #$(%#$s who seem to have no feelings in RPG, nor Final Fantasy Peace Expand
  59. FFLover
    Feb 25, 2004
    OH MAN THIS GAME IS GOOD!! And if any body makes fun of FF I'll drench their own blood on their final fantasy disk.
  60. HosenU.
    Mar 14, 2004
    It was far most the 2nd beat game I played next to final fantasy 10 and the rating was the best every where and the characters were good but paine and rikku werent so this was a really good game and I say and give it a 10.
  61. MichelleM.
    Apr 27, 2005
    THIS GAME IS THE BEST! thats all i can say THIS GAME IS THE BEST EVER! anywais g2g
  62. DavidJ.
    Jul 19, 2005
    I say it's the best ff game i'v played.
  63. AkibaH
    Nov 17, 2008
    you are missing the point you are 3 girls 2 of wich are the hotest babes in the history of final fantasy the battle system is amazing it has guns and sword good story best opening of all final fantasys awsome graphics i think it is one of the best final fantasys right under final fantasy 7 and 10 i loved i have besten it over 20 times if you dont like the game thin go fuck yore selfs
  64. ArshadS
    Dec 7, 2009
    The girly theme here was abit (fill in adjective) at first. As sum1 that love to complete games 100% i felt the 8X% at first disturbing. probably after the 3rd try getting 100%. Graphics are great sound is well done and the Story goes abit here and there altho in the end....satisfying! Overall great game.
  65. MysteryMan
    Nov 13, 2003
    Final Fantasy, never lets you down.
  66. GeorgeC.
    Nov 17, 2003
    This is a great game. metacritic should really take out the reviews score such as " uhh this is cheap cuz the graphic is the same as the first one." or "this is a good game but too expensive." the heck with these crap, who cares as long as it's a good game!?
  67. DeathCritique
    Nov 24, 2003
    Final Fantasy X-2 is definitely worth playing, for even though the gameplay is different, the game is just as good, if not better than the others in the series. Many reviewers are scared of the "new" battle system, and the "scantily clad women," but the truth is, no matter how little the women are wearing, and how different the game is, Square will always make it worthwhile. The fighting Final Fantasy X-2 is definitely worth playing, for even though the gameplay is different, the game is just as good, if not better than the others in the series. Many reviewers are scared of the "new" battle system, and the "scantily clad women," but the truth is, no matter how little the women are wearing, and how different the game is, Square will always make it worthwhile. The fighting system starts off as a hard to grasp, button-mashing event, but as the game progresses, there is no doubt that you will get the hang of it and grow to love it. In order to really appreciate the game itself, you need to play through the game in its entirety, and I think that you will find it extremely entertaining. Expand
  68. DragonKnightofFinalFantasy
    Dec 19, 2003
    The game R-O-C-K-S period.Though not as good as FFVII & FFX it's as good as FFIX & That is good.Square did a risky thing with X-2 it's totally different yet incredibly satisifing.Great graphics,nice voice acting,great fun. Only 2 problems with it NO Summons or overdrives yet the dress changes are cool & u think when u first play it "Am I having as much fun as I think I am" (but The game R-O-C-K-S period.Though not as good as FFVII & FFX it's as good as FFIX & That is good.Square did a risky thing with X-2 it's totally different yet incredibly satisifing.Great graphics,nice voice acting,great fun. Only 2 problems with it NO Summons or overdrives yet the dress changes are cool & u think when u first play it "Am I having as much fun as I think I am" (but u R stupid) if u hate it , I will summom the characters from FF to punish you 4 your crime.Well have fun ^_^ !!! Expand
  69. JessicaaM
    Dec 18, 2008
    Okay So It WasnT The Best InThe World. But Iloved It. I Still LIke The Frist One Wayy Moree Then the Secondd Onee! The Only Thing I Dont LIke Aboutt The Second One Is That They Should Have Made Somewayy For Yuna To Find In Stead Of At The End They Should Have Gave Hints He Was Coming Back Cause Then It Would Want To Make You Play it Moree. I Mean By The 3 Chapter She Gave Upp Lokking For Okay So It WasnT The Best InThe World. But Iloved It. I Still LIke The Frist One Wayy Moree Then the Secondd Onee! The Only Thing I Dont LIke Aboutt The Second One Is That They Should Have Made Somewayy For Yuna To Find In Stead Of At The End They Should Have Gave Hints He Was Coming Back Cause Then It Would Want To Make You Play it Moree. I Mean By The 3 Chapter She Gave Upp Lokking For Him But I Simplyy Love Itt! It Was Kinda Good And Every Where I Go I Feel Like Yuna, With Her Loverr So Yeaa. Expand

There's never been a Final Fantasy as free and as fun as X-2.
  2. Over-familiarity and stagnation has bred a cancerous apathy among gaming's cognoscenti. FFX-2, like it or not, gives players a reason to take notice again. [Jan 2004, p.98]
  3. A respectable follow-up, but it doesn't come close to rekindling the magic of the original. [Dec 2003, p.132]