6.6

1. Aug 3, 2016
    The storyline could be better but the gameplay is great and the controls and rpg mechanics are one of the best of the whole series. This game should not be mixed.
  2. Sep 11, 2013
    I really do believe that this game got allot too much negative criticism that it didn't deserve. I liked it. It was nice that they finally decided to actually continue a story line from a previous game, especially since FF X ended on such a sad note.

FF X-2 was a nice change of pace and Square finally tried to do a few fresh ideas, and revive some old ones. The job system was really fun to use as it was cool being able to switch your characters into whatever roles you wanted them in. Problem was that some of the jobs were slightly overpowered and really put the others on the back bench. But this is just a minor point as it did not detract for the experience.

1000 Words is perhaps the most beautiful in game song I have ever heard, and I still listen to it to this day. Gives me chills every time I hear it.

Overall:
    FF X-2 does exactly what it intends to do: and that is to be a sequel to FF X. It does a great job of wrapping up the story arc and if you manage to get 100% also the happy ending we all really wished for in FF X.
  3. Oct 23, 2010
    Very fun combat system and overall gameplay. The downside? the story is on the cheesy side and if you don't have a good stomach to tolerate it you might get turned off fast.
  4. Mar 5, 2013
    The ATB System of Final Fantasy X-2 is the best ATB in the entire series. The Job system is a throwback to the older ff games. Overall i was suprised that FF X-2 actually is really a good game, despite that a major part of the game is pure fan service and having only 3 ladies to play.
  5. Dec 30, 2011
    I surprised myself with this game. I was expecting disappointment but X-2 is quite fun. I don't appreciate the fan service that much and the story still suffered plot holes and stupidity that X had but the dress sphere system was a complete revelation to me because it was a throwback to the Job System (a gameplay mechanic that Square Enix should bring back) and I preferred it over X'sI surprised myself with this game. I was expecting disappointment but X-2 is quite fun. I don't appreciate the fan service that much and the story still suffered plot holes and stupidity that X had but the dress sphere system was a complete revelation to me because it was a throwback to the Job System (a gameplay mechanic that Square Enix should bring back) and I preferred it over X's sphere grid system. I also enjoyed its emphasis on side quests and its characters, though being fan service fodders, are quite fun. Honestly, I thought the dress sphere combat system was the main reason why enjoyed its game overall. I do understand why most people hate this game and that's because it is the one game in the series that is completely different. Not everyone likes change but I didn't mind the game's departure at all. Expand
  6. Jan 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The successor to Final Fantasy X is not as good as the original does not mean it is bad. To me the biggest bust was a combat system that tried to be I do not know what. Certainly not Final Fantasy. However, to him will get used to then give to draw in quite neatly stacked history. The graphics are the same as in the predecessor. The music in this part of the predominant Pop (could not be otherwise because of the story). There were songs that were annoying but you could also come across a so-called "pearls". As for the bosses It could have been much better. With Leblanc and her entourage fight a few times so you can complain about the repetition. However, other "villains" are designed with the idea and passion. The maximum exposure assessment prevented me sometimes annoying music and repeatability bosses. Expand
  7. Sep 23, 2010
    While outshined by its predecessor and a very radical departure from the series norm, Final Fantasy X-2 still manages to be highly entertaining and engrossing, with special mention to its frenetic and nuanced combat system.
  8. Nov 17, 2010
    I really enjoy, and still do enjoy playing this game. Of course it will never live up to what Final Fantasy X was, but i felt the game held it's own and was a good game. I suppose the only thing i didn't like was mainly the main character Yuna's overall attitude in the game. I know characters need to evolve, but it just seemed like a whole different person than the Final Fantasy X yuna weI really enjoy, and still do enjoy playing this game. Of course it will never live up to what Final Fantasy X was, but i felt the game held it's own and was a good game. I suppose the only thing i didn't like was mainly the main character Yuna's overall attitude in the game. I know characters need to evolve, but it just seemed like a whole different person than the Final Fantasy X yuna we knew and love. but no matter, this game was very nice, and it's one of my favorite of the final fantasy series. Expand
  9. Sep 28, 2010
    So far the only complain I saw are the Chick-flick style... seriously, you cannot enjoy a game because it's too girly for you... it's like saying you can't enjoy Pokemon because it's too childish. Huh, I'm too tired to argue and so I'll just say this, it's a recycled game with a vamped up gameplay and way too easy bosses. It may not be as challenging for and RPG fan but it serves itSo far the only complain I saw are the Chick-flick style... seriously, you cannot enjoy a game because it's too girly for you... it's like saying you can't enjoy Pokemon because it's too childish. Huh, I'm too tired to argue and so I'll just say this, it's a recycled game with a vamped up gameplay and way too easy bosses. It may not be as challenging for and RPG fan but it serves it purpose as an entertaining one. Expand
  10. Jan 4, 2015
    The combat in this Final Fantasy title may be the best in the entire series.
    But, there are some major issues with this game. First off, I hope you enjoy feeling like you're trapped inside a Britney Spears video. Because that's where you're going to be for the entire game. I love **** like Britney and Katy Perry and at times even I felt it was a bit much.
    If you enjoy time bar-turn based
    The combat in this Final Fantasy title may be the best in the entire series.
    If you enjoy time bar-turn based combat and don't mind the over girly tones, this game is an absolute must buy.
  11. May 2, 2013
    In my opinion, the best Final Fantasy title on Playstation 2. Also, I think this is the best one since the Super Nintendo titles were released, they had something going, too bad they messed it up with 11 and 12.
  12. Jan 23, 2014
    Final Fantasy X-2 was an amazing sequel to X. But if you haven't played X first, you shouldn't play this game. I don't really see why this game gets so much hate. Personally, I love the changes. X-2 is very upbeat and joyful as opposed to the more depressing atmospheres you see in previous FF games which gets old really fast. I also love that there's an all-female cast which defies a lotFinal Fantasy X-2 was an amazing sequel to X. But if you haven't played X first, you shouldn't play this game. I don't really see why this game gets so much hate. Personally, I love the changes. X-2 is very upbeat and joyful as opposed to the more depressing atmospheres you see in previous FF games which gets old really fast. I also love that there's an all-female cast which defies a lot of stereotypes and sexism. The battle system was a big overhaul from X and while it is much easier than X, it's also more complicated as well. The dressphere and Garment Grid system was also a great addition and it gave the game a more magical and mystical feel. Most of the characters from X are in the game but only as cameos. Some of them are even bosses that you have to fight against. All of the locations from X are back and some of them even have secret dungeons that you have to go through hell and high water just to access which makes the game pretty difficult.

Unlike X, the gameplay is non-linear which means you can control where the story goes. Also there are a lot of side quests, mini-games, and secret places that you can access which makes this game have a LOT of replay value. But some of the secret dungeons are very difficult even for veteran gamers and you might get very frustrated. There are several endings and the one you get depends on the percentage completion that you have when you complete the game. However, it's impossible to get 100% completion in one playthrough but there's something that can remedy that. There's a New Game+ feature which lets you play all over again with everything you've obtained. But you're not getting off that easily! You start back over at Level 1 so things won't be too easy for you.

The music in X-2 was quite amazing and it was a big change from X but in a good way. The songs in the game (Real Emotion and 1000 Words) are quite wonderful and you'll want to listen to them all over again. The three characters that you'll be using (Yuna, Rikku, and a new girl Paine) are an awesome trio indeed. Yuna has changed quite a lot from X. She has developed some of Tidus's traits and is more worldly and outspoken as well as playful. But she still retains some of her old traits from X so she hasn't completely changed. Rikku for the most part is still the same person she was from X. Nothing about her has changed. Aside from her appearance of course. Then there's the new girl Paine. She's a stark contrast to Yuna and Rikku and is a mystery for most of the game. It's up to the player to uncover her past and hopefully her true self. Paine is my favorite out of the three girls and is a wonderful addition to the game.

Overall, Final Fantasy X-2 is an amazing game that shouldn't have any hate at all. It's the perfect RPG that will suit all of your needs!
  13. Mar 14, 2016
    Perfect - this game is simply amazing! The battle system is the best, the music is the best, the job system is the best, shaping your own ending is pure genius, the characters are all amazing and Paine is a very mysterious and amazing character for her first appearance. Her past is amazing too! I love the LeBlanc syndicate and the Gullwings (except Brother..) and i really love thePerfect - this game is simply amazing! The battle system is the best, the music is the best, the job system is the best, shaping your own ending is pure genius, the characters are all amazing and Paine is a very mysterious and amazing character for her first appearance. Her past is amazing too! I love the LeBlanc syndicate and the Gullwings (except Brother..) and i really love the mission-based gameplay, non-linear in every aspect! This game hands-down beats the hell out of X! Expand
  14. Feb 29, 2012
    Amazing game. This my first final fantasy and it got me hooked on the series(couldn't find x as it was 2006, have since played and loved it). the battle system is one of my favourites, and it was a great idea to let the player choose where to go next. there is a ton of sidemissions and hidden objectives/items to keep ffx veterans and completion-ists entertained(lots of ffx cameos). thisAmazing game. This my first final fantasy and it got me hooked on the series(couldn't find x as it was 2006, have since played and loved it). the battle system is one of my favourites, and it was a great idea to let the player choose where to go next. there is a ton of sidemissions and hidden objectives/items to keep ffx veterans and completion-ists entertained(lots of ffx cameos). this game has a much more "quirky" and upbeat atmosphere than its predecessor but it suits the game well imo. its 2012 now so the graphics are not amazing but the variety of locations and their design is still great(like most SE games). the music is also well done here and always suits the tone and locale of the game. like x the characters are very likable(for the most part) and it is cool to see how everyone has changed over the course of 2 years.all in all this is one of my favourites, yes it has flaws and won't be for everyone but imo it gets a 10. Expand
  15. TomK.
    Mar 20, 2004
    This is a brillant game, with excellent graphics and a gameplay system which really works. The only thing i can fault the game for is not being long enough, but the sexyness of the characters counteracts this. Two thumbs up for a brill game.
  16. Mai
    Apr 24, 2004
    It's not as good as ffx but allowed more freedom. The battle systems good but way too easy, I found that battle was over before it started! The beginning was a bit too charlie's angels but it got better, and the song 1000 words is good. It's a good game and the only things keeping me from giving it a 10 is the fact that the beginnig is a let down and game play too easy. I It's not as good as ffx but allowed more freedom. The battle systems good but way too easy, I found that battle was over before it started! The beginning was a bit too charlie's angels but it got better, and the song 1000 words is good. It's a good game and the only things keeping me from giving it a 10 is the fact that the beginnig is a let down and game play too easy. I was expecting more of a challenge. Still, can't stop playing! Expand
  17. Andy
    Apr 7, 2004
    EXCELLENT!
  18. NickF.
    Sep 24, 2004
    Ive read all about it and it sounds wicked but i was thinking Aww wheres tidus i meen he is my favourite character ohh and one more question ...does yuna and riku find him at the end??? and wht is paines history?? email me and pleez do TELL! Thanx guys
  19. Bob
    Nov 26, 2003
    The begining hour of the games sucks but after that it is like ffx, the perfect game
  20. Mikey
    Dec 3, 2003
    I think the game is awsome game.its better than the other ones(to me). the only put down is the music they play its a little bit too happy. and how the characters act some times is too girly i know they are girls but they do a lot of girly things dont you think???
  21. DimitriF.
    Oct 23, 2003
    This game is the perfect sequel i love it even though it is a sequel it is still original. This game is both beautiful and breathtaking with an amazing storyline, it is the perfect balance of beautiful graphics and an amazing depth of gameplay.
  22. MattP.
    Dec 5, 2003
    I have also played all of them up to x2 and this isnt bad. The music is awesome and lets face it its not girlish the costumes are a bit slutty and you can tell a guy designed them come on the worst one i think was final fantsy 9 that was a joke.
  23. WillaimE.
    Jan 4, 2004
    It's the best final Fanstasy of all time. i can play it for hours even days.
  24. LoganA.
    Jan 4, 2004
    Everyone who doesn't like this game should be flogged to start with. Then they should be sexually molested in public by five hairy 400 pound men and have it videotaped. They should then be forced to watch it everyday from that day forth. Lastly, they should be grilled naked and eaten for dinner. This game is awesome. I won't give you the reasons because I don't want to Everyone who doesn't like this game should be flogged to start with. Then they should be sexually molested in public by five hairy 400 pound men and have it videotaped. They should then be forced to watch it everyday from that day forth. Lastly, they should be grilled naked and eaten for dinner. This game is awesome. I won't give you the reasons because I don't want to waste my time writing this crap, I'm off to go play it. Expand
  25. J.S.
    Feb 24, 2004
    Playing a group of girls in mini-skirts and bikinis.... cant complain. But yea it is too feminine so i give it an 8.
  26. BlackDragonOfAlthena
    Feb 27, 2004
    This by far is one of the best Final Fantasy games I have played. And I think that all of the bad things you critics out there are giving it arn't as bad as you all put it. First, the fact that you think it was too femminen was not really justified. I never for a second thought this was a barbie game(save the rommance, but rommance isn't nessesarily a bad thing) I mean going This by far is one of the best Final Fantasy games I have played. And I think that all of the bad things you critics out there are giving it arn't as bad as you all put it. First, the fact that you think it was too femminen was not really justified. I never for a second thought this was a barbie game(save the rommance, but rommance isn't nessesarily a bad thing) I mean going around the world in a bad ass airship and killing monster's from another plain of existence isn't what little Jenny down the street would do. Second the music. You all think it is so bad and that the whole pop theme sucks. It is just trying to show the light heartedness of the game. Sin isn't about to eat all that you love in this one! People are upbeat and happy and so are the tunes. Third the plot. "Oh it had no plot at all! It didn't even make sense!" I got one thing to say to you people...open your ears and listen to what the people are saying on the little square thing called a T.V.! Which brings me to my next point. All of the voice actors are professionals and know what they are doing. They all did a good job(I'll admit that Rikku's voice gets a little annoying, but it's Rikku, she's supposed to be like that it's her character.) Next the reuse of the same maps and places. 1) Kilika is totally different save the temple. 2) A sh.t load of new dungeons. 3) And it's a sequel! If it takes place in Spira in the first on it probably ain't going to be on mars 8 million years away. Finally all of you freaking out about how in "REAL LIFE" Yuna's hair wouldn't grow that fast and all the countless other unrealalistic things you are all so worried about. Just chill out, take a step back, and remember that real life is a little different than what comes out of the ps2. Chill out and have fun with the fantasy. I mean it is called Final FANTASY! That's my speil. Thanks for listening to my complaining. Expand
  27. Odno
    Feb 28, 2004
    It's just so much fun, we want to see more adventures of Yuna and her friends...FFX-3 where are you?
  28. Meh
    Mar 2, 2004
    This is a great game, just like all of the FF's.
  29. FF3lover
    Mar 5, 2004
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
  30. FFFreak
    Apr 7, 2004
    GREAT GAME, i really enjoyed it graphics are just great and the girls are TO sexy, but sometimes i really miss the real men in the series, like auron and tidus it's just a lil' femminen i think an FF X-3 isn't a bad idea:p i want more adventures of yuna and company!!!!!

#1 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003

There's never been a Final Fantasy as free and as fun as X-2.
  2. Over-familiarity and stagnation has bred a cancerous apathy among gaming's cognoscenti. FFX-2, like it or not, gives players a reason to take notice again. [Jan 2004, p.98]
  3. A respectable follow-up, but it doesn't come close to rekindling the magic of the original. [Dec 2003, p.132]