Final Fantasy X-2 PlayStation 2

6.6

1. DanF.
    Dec 21, 2003
    All i truly can say about this game is that i thoroughly enjoy it. The ATB battles are supurb, and the ability to change jobs even if it is by means of a "dresssphere" is an added welcome. I think most people are put off by the fact that you only have three female characters throughout the entire game are just missing the most important part of this game, which IS the gameplay. This game All i truly can say about this game is that i thoroughly enjoy it. The ATB battles are supurb, and the ability to change jobs even if it is by means of a "dresssphere" is an added welcome. I think most people are put off by the fact that you only have three female characters throughout the entire game are just missing the most important part of this game, which IS the gameplay. This game would be no different if the characters were all male, besides who made the rule that RPG characters could be only or mostly male? The game was designed to be lighthearted after all. And as far as the game engine, why would a company want to spend millions on development only to make a new engine for a sequel? Yes the fiends and backgrounds remain FFX but that is were it absolutely ends. FFX was linear gameplay, this one is DEFINATELY not linear, and is very much welcome by me and alot of other gamers for sure. I have yet to be impressed enough by ANY FF game to give it a 10 rating, because frankly, i found alot of games to be lacking somewhere. Character development is important in any Rpg. Why the three women as main characters. Well, i don't know for sure but wasn't the prior story about Yuna and Tidus? What other way to represent a sequel than the way they have? Sure they could have used others but would it have made much difference. To me no, if anything it would have been even more boring. Is this game for everybody? I imagine not. In my opinion if you aren't sure , rent it first. There is nothing more disgusting than buying a game you truly don't like. Did Square do a good job with this game. I definately think so. of course this is only MY opinion. By the way, would anyone be intrested in a used copy of FFXI ? The desire to play has slipped away along with the monthly fee to play this game. *sigh* Please hurry, I can't wait for FFXII. Expand
  2. FinalFantasy
    Jan 14, 2004
    Best game ever!!!!!
  3. DebbieC.
    Jan 7, 2004
    I loved it.
  4. May 2, 2013
    In my opinion, the best Final Fantasy title on Playstation 2. Also, I think this is the best one since the Super Nintendo titles were released, they had something going, too bad they messed it up with 11 and 12.
  5. Andy
    Apr 7, 2004
    EXCELLENT!
  6. Bob
    Nov 26, 2003
    The begining hour of the games sucks but after that it is like ffx, the perfect game
  7. Mikey
    Dec 3, 2003
    I think the game is awsome game.its better than the other ones(to me). the only put down is the music they play its a little bit too happy. and how the characters act some times is too girly i know they are girls but they do a lot of girly things dont you think???
  8. WillaimE.
    Jan 4, 2004
    It's the best final Fanstasy of all time. i can play it for hours even days.
  9. Meh
    Mar 2, 2004
    This is a great game, just like all of the FF's.
  10. FF3lover
    Mar 5, 2004
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
  11. JeffB.
    Jun 1, 2004
    This game being the first sequal in a great series, 10-2 proved to be successful, even though people say that it doesn't come close to 10, the story line might be a little worse than 10's but the fighting style by far beats 10's gameplay. I enjoyed playing through this game more than 10, I think the whole changing costumes during battle is a great idea, because it saves you This game being the first sequal in a great series, 10-2 proved to be successful, even though people say that it doesn't come close to 10, the story line might be a little worse than 10's but the fighting style by far beats 10's gameplay. I enjoyed playing through this game more than 10, I think the whole changing costumes during battle is a great idea, because it saves you items and its more fun tahn having to change characters. Besides girls need to be the main character of atleast a few video games, and this one backs them up. Expand
  12. Pedro
    Jan 27, 2005
    Ohhhhh this game is so coool i can´t belive that some people give it 1.
  13. EayBlack
    Jul 16, 2005
    For the people who say this game is not the best sequel you are correct but for those who say this game just plain out sucks you are not a very good game critic. To me it was an okay game.
  14. IsaacR.
    May 1, 2006
    i really think it deserves a 9 but for all of you crittics, i will lower my standards for you:) its a good game. i love it really,but not as good as X.
  15. RayA.
    Nov 30, 2003
    First of all, nhat is a f***in r...., how could you hate a game like this? man when i played it i couldn't put the damn controller down...this game is pure amazment just like all the others in the past....in other words: THIS GAME IS THE BEST GAME!!!
  16. ChuckM.
    Dec 1, 2003
    LOVE IT. I'm 15% of the way through, and I can't wait to get home from work to play. I love the battle system, I love the abilities system, I love all of the possibilities this presents. LOVE IT.
  17. DavidL.
    Dec 31, 2003
    It's a good game. its different, it lighter, its more fun, yet its still good. Maybe a little corny a times, but we all are at one time or another. a lot more versatility in the game. different music score that fits well with the game. totally different battle system that is much faster, but adds to the excitement and realism of the battles. The dressspheres are a great idea and giveIt's a good game. its different, it lighter, its more fun, yet its still good. Maybe a little corny a times, but we all are at one time or another. a lot more versatility in the game. different music score that fits well with the game. totally different battle system that is much faster, but adds to the excitement and realism of the battles. The dressspheres are a great idea and give you more choices in how to develop characters. the only things i miss are the overdrives and more useable characters. i kinda miss the aeons but its all good. quality game. a worthy sequel of ffx. Expand
  18. Josh
    Feb 26, 2004
    Square revolution.
  19. TimmyT.
    Mar 10, 2004
    It is so cool, fast good story EVERYONE should get it.
  20. CodyandArjay
    Apr 13, 2004
    This game is best game we ever played. We can play for 14 days and 14 nights.
  21. RyanM.
    Jun 5, 2004
    I congratulate squaresoft for going out of the norm and creating a sequel to an incredible series. But this game isn't completely a sequel. it is a whole new adventure within itself, and offers up a whole host of insane bosses, great new ideas, such as dressspheres, and new gameplay mechanics, like real time. But, i'm upset that the graphics hardly improved over ff 10. If your aI congratulate squaresoft for going out of the norm and creating a sequel to an incredible series. But this game isn't completely a sequel. it is a whole new adventure within itself, and offers up a whole host of insane bosses, great new ideas, such as dressspheres, and new gameplay mechanics, like real time. But, i'm upset that the graphics hardly improved over ff 10. If your a final fantasy fan you could look at this as a disappointing final fantasy game, and a game that breaks the pattern of being the first ever sequel in the series. or you could look at it as a whole new era of the final fantasy series, and enjoy every bit of this fantastically unique experience. Expand
  22. ErnestoC.
    Jun 10, 2005
    This is one of the best games i have ever played.
  23. JesseD.
    Dec 25, 2006
    The game is excellent but I think that they could have called it "Sidequests: the Game" since most of the game is totally optional.
  24. Mar 5, 2013
    The ATB System of Final Fantasy X-2 is the best ATB in the entire series. The Job system is a throwback to the older ff games. Overall i was suprised that FF X-2 actually is really a good game, despite that a major part of the game is pure fan service and having only 3 ladies to play.
  25. KirstenB.
    Jul 6, 2005
    I LOVED this game.so i think it deservs a 10!
  26. MattJ.
    Jul 7, 2005
    This game is very fun to play. It also has the best graphic through out the Final Fantasy Series. I love this game becuase it is so realstic and people can have the same realisons in this game to real life. If I could help make the next Final Fantasy 10-3 it would be awesome.
  27. ReginaH.
    Jul 7, 2005
    I loved the game. it has gd graphics and the story line was kool. i realli think it deserves a 10!!
  28. TomK.
    Mar 20, 2004
    This is a brillant game, with excellent graphics and a gameplay system which really works. The only thing i can fault the game for is not being long enough, but the sexyness of the characters counteracts this. Two thumbs up for a brill game.
  29. NickF.
    Sep 24, 2004
    Ive read all about it and it sounds wicked but i was thinking Aww wheres tidus i meen he is my favourite character ohh and one more question ...does yuna and riku find him at the end??? and wht is paines history?? email me and pleez do TELL! Thanx guys
    Jul 8, 2005
    This is my only ff game (well I have kingdom hearts) I also like the music.

#1 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003
#4 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2003

There's never been a Final Fantasy as free and as fun as X-2.
  2. Over-familiarity and stagnation has bred a cancerous apathy among gaming's cognoscenti. FFX-2, like it or not, gives players a reason to take notice again. [Jan 2004, p.98]
  3. A respectable follow-up, but it doesn't come close to rekindling the magic of the original. [Dec 2003, p.132]