Final Fantasy X-2 PlayStation 2

6.6

1. TomK.
    Mar 20, 2004
    This is a brillant game, with excellent graphics and a gameplay system which really works. The only thing i can fault the game for is not being long enough, but the sexyness of the characters counteracts this. Two thumbs up for a brill game.
  2. Andy
    Apr 7, 2004
    EXCELLENT!
  3. Bob
    Nov 26, 2003
    The begining hour of the games sucks but after that it is like ffx, the perfect game
  4. Mikey
    Dec 3, 2003
    I think the game is awsome game.its better than the other ones(to me). the only put down is the music they play its a little bit too happy. and how the characters act some times is too girly i know they are girls but they do a lot of girly things dont you think???
  5. DimitriF.
    Oct 23, 2003
    This game is the perfect sequel i love it even though it is a sequel it is still original. This game is both beautiful and breathtaking with an amazing storyline, it is the perfect balance of beautiful graphics and an amazing depth of gameplay.
  6. MattP.
    Dec 5, 2003
    I have also played all of them up to x2 and this isnt bad. The music is awesome and lets face it its not girlish the costumes are a bit slutty and you can tell a guy designed them come on the worst one i think was final fantsy 9 that was a joke.
  7. WillaimE.
    Jan 4, 2004
    It's the best final Fanstasy of all time. i can play it for hours even days.
  8. LoganA.
    Jan 4, 2004
    Everyone who doesn't like this game should be flogged to start with. Then they should be sexually molested in public by five hairy 400 pound men and have it videotaped. They should then be forced to watch it everyday from that day forth. Lastly, they should be grilled naked and eaten for dinner. This game is awesome. I won't give you the reasons because I don't want to Everyone who doesn't like this game should be flogged to start with. Then they should be sexually molested in public by five hairy 400 pound men and have it videotaped. They should then be forced to watch it everyday from that day forth. Lastly, they should be grilled naked and eaten for dinner. This game is awesome. I won't give you the reasons because I don't want to waste my time writing this crap, I'm off to go play it. Expand
  9. BlackDragonOfAlthena
    Feb 27, 2004
    This by far is one of the best Final Fantasy games I have played. And I think that all of the bad things you critics out there are giving it arn't as bad as you all put it. First, the fact that you think it was too femminen was not really justified. I never for a second thought this was a barbie game(save the rommance, but rommance isn't nessesarily a bad thing) I mean going This by far is one of the best Final Fantasy games I have played. And I think that all of the bad things you critics out there are giving it arn't as bad as you all put it. First, the fact that you think it was too femminen was not really justified. I never for a second thought this was a barbie game(save the rommance, but rommance isn't nessesarily a bad thing) I mean going around the world in a bad ass airship and killing monster's from another plain of existence isn't what little Jenny down the street would do. Second the music. You all think it is so bad and that the whole pop theme sucks. It is just trying to show the light heartedness of the game. Sin isn't about to eat all that you love in this one! People are upbeat and happy and so are the tunes. Third the plot. "Oh it had no plot at all! It didn't even make sense!" I got one thing to say to you people...open your ears and listen to what the people are saying on the little square thing called a T.V.! Which brings me to my next point. All of the voice actors are professionals and know what they are doing. They all did a good job(I'll admit that Rikku's voice gets a little annoying, but it's Rikku, she's supposed to be like that it's her character.) Next the reuse of the same maps and places. 1) Kilika is totally different save the temple. 2) A sh.t load of new dungeons. 3) And it's a sequel! If it takes place in Spira in the first on it probably ain't going to be on mars 8 million years away. Finally all of you freaking out about how in "REAL LIFE" Yuna's hair wouldn't grow that fast and all the countless other unrealalistic things you are all so worried about. Just chill out, take a step back, and remember that real life is a little different than what comes out of the ps2. Chill out and have fun with the fantasy. I mean it is called Final FANTASY! That's my speil. Thanks for listening to my complaining. Expand
  10. Odno
    Feb 28, 2004
    It's just so much fun, we want to see more adventures of Yuna and her friends...FFX-3 where are you?
  11. Meh
    Mar 2, 2004
    This is a great game, just like all of the FF's.
  12. FF3lover
    Mar 5, 2004
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
  13. Pedro
    Jan 27, 2005
    Ohhhhh this game is so coool i can´t belive that some people give it 1.
  14. KirstenB.
    Jul 6, 2005
    I LOVED this game.so i think it deservs a 10!
  15. MattJ.
    Jul 7, 2005
    This game is very fun to play. It also has the best graphic through out the Final Fantasy Series. I love this game becuase it is so realstic and people can have the same realisons in this game to real life. If I could help make the next Final Fantasy 10-3 it would be awesome.
    Jul 8, 2005
    This is my only ff game (well I have kingdom hearts) I also like the music.
  17. RayA.
    Nov 30, 2003
    First of all, nhat is a f***in r...., how could you hate a game like this? man when i played it i couldn't put the damn controller down...this game is pure amazment just like all the others in the past....in other words: THIS GAME IS THE BEST GAME!!!
  18. ChuckM.
    Dec 1, 2003
    LOVE IT. I'm 15% of the way through, and I can't wait to get home from work to play. I love the battle system, I love the abilities system, I love all of the possibilities this presents. LOVE IT.
  19. BrittanyW.
    Dec 1, 2003
    I'm michael k.'s girlfriend and i would get him anything he ever wanted because i love him so!!! I LOVE YOU MICHAEL!
  20. DanF.
    Dec 21, 2003
    All i truly can say about this game is that i thoroughly enjoy it. The ATB battles are supurb, and the ability to change jobs even if it is by means of a "dresssphere" is an added welcome. I think most people are put off by the fact that you only have three female characters throughout the entire game are just missing the most important part of this game, which IS the gameplay. This game All i truly can say about this game is that i thoroughly enjoy it. The ATB battles are supurb, and the ability to change jobs even if it is by means of a "dresssphere" is an added welcome. I think most people are put off by the fact that you only have three female characters throughout the entire game are just missing the most important part of this game, which IS the gameplay. This game would be no different if the characters were all male, besides who made the rule that RPG characters could be only or mostly male? The game was designed to be lighthearted after all. And as far as the game engine, why would a company want to spend millions on development only to make a new engine for a sequel? Yes the fiends and backgrounds remain FFX but that is were it absolutely ends. FFX was linear gameplay, this one is DEFINATELY not linear, and is very much welcome by me and alot of other gamers for sure. I have yet to be impressed enough by ANY FF game to give it a 10 rating, because frankly, i found alot of games to be lacking somewhere. Character development is important in any Rpg. Why the three women as main characters. Well, i don't know for sure but wasn't the prior story about Yuna and Tidus? What other way to represent a sequel than the way they have? Sure they could have used others but would it have made much difference. To me no, if anything it would have been even more boring. Is this game for everybody? I imagine not. In my opinion if you aren't sure , rent it first. There is nothing more disgusting than buying a game you truly don't like. Did Square do a good job with this game. I definately think so. of course this is only MY opinion. By the way, would anyone be intrested in a used copy of FFXI ? The desire to play has slipped away along with the monthly fee to play this game. *sigh* Please hurry, I can't wait for FFXII. Expand
  21. AlexB.
    Dec 20, 2003
    I'm a fan of final fantasy games i finish them all and this is one of the best !!!
  22. FinalFantasy
  24. Josh
    Square revolution.
  25. EntertainmentCritic
    Feb 26, 2004
    So okay... criticise the music, costumes, voice actors, graphics, script and plot all you like but you do take for granted a lot of game-making process. Taking these in turn... the music, like all other FF games is relevant to the atmosphere of the game. It adds to it. Remember in FF7 where Tifa's theme is a slow, sad song relating to the slums of Midgar and Yuffie's was very So okay... criticise the music, costumes, voice actors, graphics, script and plot all you like but you do take for granted a lot of game-making process. Taking these in turn... the music, like all other FF games is relevant to the atmosphere of the game. It adds to it. Remember in FF7 where Tifa's theme is a slow, sad song relating to the slums of Midgar and Yuffie's was very upbeat? Well listen again to Yuna, Rikku and Shuyin's themes. The first two are extremely upbeat. Rikku's is for the fact that her personality is naturally over-cheerful and Yuna's is based on her newfound optimism. In FFX she accepted her fate. She would live and die for Spira but, as Rikku points out, Yuna never pursued her own aspirations. Saving Spira was her priority because she cared for the people, not because she wanted to be a heroine. Also, the two Yuna songs are adaptations from Japanese. I prefer the originals but the English versions do much in the way of retaining to meaning of the songs. 1000 Words releases Lenne?s emotions and concealed thoughts and the music aboard the Celsius reflects the fun that the Gullwings are having and the positive nature of all of it. So your music criticisms are out the window. Now onto the costumes. Yes some are skimpy but they aren?t the best dress spheres. I tend to have Paine as a Dark Knight, Rikku as a warrior and Yuna as a white mage (not skimpy). Three very useful classes and I haven?t even mentioned the Mascot. Yuna?s special is a little risqué though I must admit. Now the voice actors, in my opinion, embody the personality of the characters perfectly. Hedy Burress acted Yuna as a reserved and profound character back in FFX and added some excitement into her voice in FFX-2. Tara Strong, although a little squeaky, lets Rikku?s personality shine and Gwendoline Yeo makes Paine the serious type. Also remember that, as Kizer pointed out, the voice actors are professionals. Many of the main ones have voiced Animatrix other cartoon characters. Tara Strong did the voices for Bowser Jr in Super Mario Sunshine and also Roshan/Start in Ice Age. John DiMaggio (Wakka/Kimahri) is the genius behind Bender from Futurama. James Arnold Taylor (Tidus/Shuyin) is a very good impressionist so he has done voice doubling for many people. So I know for a fact that these are not amateurs. The graphics are self-explanatory. Despite the characters having a slightly unnaturally perfect physique, they are some of the most realistic we?ve seen in a video game. Even the likes of Half Life 2 don?t have much better. Oh yeah? fire. Do you have any idea how hard it is to make realistic fire?! Also, remember this is an RPG. Generally, a lot is based on mathematics (stats and rolls) and less on graphics so Squaresoft/Square-Enix has gone beyond their calling. As for the scripts, Square have implemented much more humour within X-2 than any other FF making it the most light hearted. However, in my opinion, FFX-2 is ironically the darkest and most emotional of the series (although admittedly I?ve yet to play 1-3 and 8,9 and 11). Is it a coincidence that Vegnagun is deep within the earth? Bevelle?s secrets hidden up inside the world? Secrets hidden in caves Spira-wide? Lenne?s feelings lost in the depths of time? How everyone jumps into the dark holes? Not in my eyes. Played for, and got is what I say. Which leaves me with the plot to discuss. FFX was supposed to be Tidus? story but it was intertwined with Spira, Sin and the Fayth?s story (1000 years in his future). FFX-2 was Yuna?s story, intertwined with that of the Bevelle/Zanarkand war and the Lenne/Shuyin love story (1000 years in her past) for the normal ending at least. We have seen aspects of Tidus? personality (like his stubbornness) rub off on Yuna. Also note that she wields the Brotherhood as her warrior weapon and her victory celebration for it is identical to Tidus? in the original. Also her rejection of Nooj?s plan is similar to Tidus? reluctance to lose Yuna. Personally, I believe the two episodes are based on the theme of hope. In FFX, the Summoners bring hope of the calm, the High Summoners deliver the hope, Tidus and Rikku hope to save Yuna, Wakka?s faith is lost and his hopes are changed (to become a blitz champion, to reconcile with Al Bhed etc). Also it has a strong tie of friendship with any of the seven willing to die for another (except for the short period of Wakka?s shock over Rikku). The hope in FFX-2 is that of Yuna to find her lost love, Lenne to send her words to hers, Rikku to free Yuna, the Akagi group to bring order to Spira, Wakka and Lulu of their future? catch my drift? I give it 9.6 and FFX 9.7 but rounded to the nearest number it makes 10. I think Square took the biggest set of scales they could find and tried to balance it with coins placed on their edge. Not an easy task but, somehow, they succeeded. Final Fantasy X-2: A blatant cash-in? Of course it is? the purpose of a company?s existence is to make a profit you idiots! If it something will make your product sell then use it. BUT that doesn?t mean the cash-in will be a cheap two-bit job. Also a note to Mal. Have you tried summoning an aeon? So what Yuna?s hair grew five feet in two years. The girl knows magic! Expand
  26. JasonC.
    Feb 26, 2004
    People have now said many things about ff X-2. this my opinion... if you ever talk to a guy in japan they'll probably say IT RULZ!!! Y? some may ask... BECUZ THE NEED TO CHANGE THE GAME FROM JAPANESE TO ENGLISH IS VERY HARD!!! ok... look if u could understand japanese and played the JAPANESE VERSION you'll see y the voice acting is "crapped up" becuz the cut scenes were never People have now said many things about ff X-2. this my opinion... if you ever talk to a guy in japan they'll probably say IT RULZ!!! Y? some may ask... BECUZ THE NEED TO CHANGE THE GAME FROM JAPANESE TO ENGLISH IS VERY HARD!!! ok... look if u could understand japanese and played the JAPANESE VERSION you'll see y the voice acting is "crapped up" becuz the cut scenes were never fomatted to blend with so the it would look like their actually talking. If you actually had a brain ( and this is directed to the people who badly of X-2 ) you could realize that the music isn't crap it's just that the music is changed to math the game i mean... do u think itll make sense seeing these girls walking around with dark and evil music... i dont think so... and to all who it's girly... ignore it. if music too different for your liking... turn the sound off and put something u do like. its not that hard. if u think the character's outfit is too scantly... then just concentrate on watching where ur goin, wut ur attacking and only listen to the cut scenes becuz it's not like sin gonna suddenly appear out of nowhere and kill u if u do... overall the game's a very good game... whether ur a ff fan , or a loner goin to college and has no girlfriends... i mean their's nothin stopping u from turning yuna and rikku into thieves and have paine as a samurai killing everything :) Expand
  27. RyanL.
    Feb 29, 2004
    AMAZING GAME, it just makes me want to find out what happens before this game. Time to play ffx to find out what happens (never even touch ffx yet)
  28. TimmyT.
    Mar 10, 2004
    It is so cool, fast good story EVERYONE should get it.
  29. CodyandArjay
    Apr 13, 2004
    This game is best game we ever played. We can play for 14 days and 14 nights.
  30. RyanM.
    Jun 5, 2004
    I congratulate squaresoft for going out of the norm and creating a sequel to an incredible series. But this game isn't completely a sequel. it is a whole new adventure within itself, and offers up a whole host of insane bosses, great new ideas, such as dressspheres, and new gameplay mechanics, like real time. But, i'm upset that the graphics hardly improved over ff 10. If your aI congratulate squaresoft for going out of the norm and creating a sequel to an incredible series. But this game isn't completely a sequel. it is a whole new adventure within itself, and offers up a whole host of insane bosses, great new ideas, such as dressspheres, and new gameplay mechanics, like real time. But, i'm upset that the graphics hardly improved over ff 10. If your a final fantasy fan you could look at this as a disappointing final fantasy game, and a game that breaks the pattern of being the first ever sequel in the series. or you could look at it as a whole new era of the final fantasy series, and enjoy every bit of this fantastically unique experience. Expand

#1 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003
#2 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2003

There's never been a Final Fantasy as free and as fun as X-2.
  2. Over-familiarity and stagnation has bred a cancerous apathy among gaming's cognoscenti. FFX-2, like it or not, gives players a reason to take notice again. [Jan 2004, p.98]
  3. A respectable follow-up, but it doesn't come close to rekindling the magic of the original. [Dec 2003, p.132]