Final Fantasy X PlayStation 2

8.8

1. Aug 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Final Fantasy X is a game I've picked up and put down many times before. Originally, I was looking for Sonic Unleashed for the PS2, as its daytime stages are looked fun, but the gamestop I was in didnt have it, so instead, I got this. I have played three Final Fantasy games (VII, XII, X), and out of them all, this is the one I like the least. And beleive me, I have my reasons. Let me start off with the positives: The story. The story in this game is really really good. You take control of Tidus, an annoying character whom youll end up hating, who is a Blitzball player who is teleported away from his city of Zanarkand after a creature known as sin walks into it. He soon finds out that he is in the future, 1000 years later, and eventually meets Wakka, a fellow Blitzball player who has never won a game and decides to go off on one more championship before becoming a guradian. I dont want to spoil anymore now. The plot does have some flaws though: Apparently, when you die in the world of spira, if you are not sent by a summoner, you will be reborn as a fiend. If you get killed as a fiend, you will become a fiend. If you get killed as a fiend, you will become a feind! Eh? This means that there is no downside to dying. So death is pointless since ten minutes later, youll get back up. Also, the battle system is really really good as well. Strategic thinking and using the right characters is key to winning a battle. And a convienient bar at the right tells you who will move next, and you can also strateigecly switch party members. This is the one part of Final Fantasy X that I really love. The only bad thing I can say about them is that theyre a bit too slow paced, but thats not really something fair to gripe over. Thats unfortunately where the positives end really. Now its time for the ranting. Where to start? How about the character design and models? Alright. The character design is really... um... unique? Its all really weird. I mean, who looked at Seymour all of a sudden and said YES! THAT HAIR STYLE IS PERFECT! MAKE IT HAPPEN! Youll really have to see the characters to know what I mean. The models, while some are great for the time, look flat out weird, especially Rikku and Issaru. Some people dont even move their mouth when talking, and simle when theyre not supposed to. Okay, moving on. The gameplay is linear. Youre always set on a straight forward path with little to no oppertunity to go back. A factor to this linearity is the amount of cutscenes that spend way too much time showing off graphics and are like "YEAH! LOOK AT THESE PS2 GRAPHICS. SCREW GC AND XBOX, GO OUT AND BUY A PS2!" My first 5-6 hours of gameplay was spent moving from place to place which will trigger a cutscene, a boss fight or both. I land on an island. Theres a red arrow to follow. I follow it and a cutscene appears. It ends, and another red arrow appears. I walk two steps and another cutscene. That cutscene ends, and I proceed to follow the arrow. Another cutscen. Another arrow. Cutscene, arrow, cutscene arrow, cutscene, arrow, CUTSCEN, ARROW, CUTSCENE, ARROW, CUTSCENE, ARROW! WHY?!!! There was barley anything interseting around me. None of the NPCs have anythign to say, there is a severe lack of shops. If Yuna runs out of MP, and I dont have any potions, Im screwed. If there was a shop, just-UGGHHH! Another aspect of tyhe game is that its soo annoying! Dont get me started on those wait for yuna sections. In certain sections, Yuna is praying at a temple, and all of the characters keep on telling you to sit down, shut up, and wait till Yuna is done. But you
    re not supposed to wait. Youre not supposed to sit ther. Youre supposed to go a certain spot in the area, and then it will trigger a cutscene! HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT! Some places you're supposed to go to trigger the cutscene are the places that everyone is telling you not to go! Like the place where Yuna is praying why? I spend, I kid you not, 3 hours, sitting there waiting for Yuna, and she never came out. And besides; WAITING FOR SOMEONE? DOES THAT SOUND LIKE FUN TO YOU?! And last, Blitzball. Blitzball is so annoying. First off, the tutorial is painfully long, and it gives you som much wrong advice on what to do in the game. Second, Blitzball is slow, its boring, its quiet, and the first time you play it, you are the worst team by a lot, and youll loose. Luckily, by the end of your first Blitzball game, a majority of the problems you had are gone. No more Cutscene aroww following and Blitzball is completely optional. However, there are still some gripes. You can never really go a decent distance without a random battle, and, still, there are a lack of shops. Luckily, only my first 10 hours of the game were painfull, but ya know what? FFX wasnt that bad. Its the worst of the FF games Ive played, but thats not saying much, since the three I played were great. When its good, its great, and when its annoying...oh god........ill give it an 8.0/10
  2. May 15, 2012
    If you could skip the cut-scenes this would be a perfect RPG! however its still an amazing game and the last of the great final fantasy's, Auron ftw!
  3. May 29, 2012
    Best RPG of PS2. Everything in FFX is great, from the beginning to the end. History is really interesting and the soundtrack is amazing. The game mechanic is very deep with the sphere desk. In order to maximize your skills and characters, you'll need probably 100 or 150 hours if you want to face some of the most dangerous enemies in the game. Also, the equipment system which allows you toBest RPG of PS2. Everything in FFX is great, from the beginning to the end. History is really interesting and the soundtrack is amazing. The game mechanic is very deep with the sphere desk. In order to maximize your skills and characters, you'll need probably 100 or 150 hours if you want to face some of the most dangerous enemies in the game. Also, the equipment system which allows you to customize every item's skills is very smart. Also, this game goes back to the turn fighting system (without ATB from previous games). It's one of these games that you just have to play. Expand
  4. Jun 1, 2012
    This is one of my favorite games ever, along with Final Fantasy 7. I'm the type of person that loves a good story and this game has it. They did a great job with pacing and storytelling. Also has a great soundtrack and some really good cut scenes. Can't wait for the remake!
  5. Dec 26, 2013
    Innovations in gameplay, particularly with the battle and summon systems, the option to change party members during battle, and the character development and inventory management systems.+++ Gameplay and interfaces are very enjoyable but the story and characters are the weak points. Story is pretty stupid, confusing and unfocused(it has few great scenes). Characters are annoying from theirInnovations in gameplay, particularly with the battle and summon systems, the option to change party members during battle, and the character development and inventory management systems.+++ Gameplay and interfaces are very enjoyable but the story and characters are the weak points. Story is pretty stupid, confusing and unfocused(it has few great scenes). Characters are annoying from their looks to personalities. Expand
  6. Apr 9, 2013
    It is a good Final Fantasy.

Pros: Great graphics (especially if on PCSX2), interesting sphere leveling system, blitzball minigame, good story. Cons: I could not stand Tidus, the main character. After FF8, the main characters have gotten super gay and annoying. At least Auron compensates with his badassery. Also, I missed the freedom I had with the previous chapters while roaming on
    It is a good Final Fantasy.

Also, I missed the freedom I had with the previous chapters while roaming on the world map. Here, the whole story goes on a linear path and you get some freedom with the airship only on the very last chapter. It was needed much earlier in the game.

Overall, it still deserves an 8.
  7. Sep 11, 2013
    I have to say I didn't mind this FF. Great animation, interesting characters and a really deep and tear wrenching story.

FF 10's biggest flaw would have to be it's linearity. Most of the game is very linear and leave little room to explore. Don't get me wrong, the environments are beautiful and the creature battles varied and engaging. The game does open up completely, but only right at the end and the freedom to explore feels more like a needless additional activity that doesn't really add much to the central plot. But, that aside, the additional stuff is vast and incredibly challenging. The monster farm has some hard as nails fights.

The story is can be really moving at times and you can not help but fall in love with Yuna. Tidus is a tool, but a lovable tool and it is great to see their relationship develop and grow.

Blitzball is a simple little side game. but damn is it fun. The better you get the more you want to play. I'm a bit surprised that Square never a spin-off title around this.

Overall:
    Final Fantasy X is a really good addition to the FF series and has done a good job bringing the FF franchise into the 21st century. While I didn't enjoy it as much as the previous titles, I still liked it none the less.
  8. Jan 8, 2013
    There's a reason why Square has been around for so long, and that's because they make amazing games. Final Fantasy X is an amazing game, at the time of it's release it had amazing graphics and cut-scenes, but it was also bundled with an amazing story and appealing characters, as well as a great combat system, awesome boss battles, and wonderful areas to explore. There was so much to do inThere's a reason why Square has been around for so long, and that's because they make amazing games. Final Fantasy X is an amazing game, at the time of it's release it had amazing graphics and cut-scenes, but it was also bundled with an amazing story and appealing characters, as well as a great combat system, awesome boss battles, and wonderful areas to explore. There was so much to do in this game, I've spent over 300 hours in several playthroughs of this game and I enjoyed every moment of it. Expand
  9. Jan 16, 2013
    This game is extraordinarily captivating, emotional, beautiful and memorable. The story was perfectly thought out and utterly engrossing. I REALLY wanted to know what happened next and why. The music was amazing and the graphics were great for it's time. I've played quite a few games in my time but none have come close to what Final Fantasy X brings to the table. I was literally on theThis game is extraordinarily captivating, emotional, beautiful and memorable. The story was perfectly thought out and utterly engrossing. I REALLY wanted to know what happened next and why. The music was amazing and the graphics were great for it's time. I've played quite a few games in my time but none have come close to what Final Fantasy X brings to the table. I was literally on the edge of my seat on numerous occasions throughout the entire game. The plots twists left my jaw hanging low and the ending left me crying like a wimp.

If you own a PS2 and are a fan of RPGs, there is no reason for you not to have this game.
  10. Jan 22, 2013
    it´s the best final fantasy with voice acting you can find today right now. it´s the best final fantasy from ps2 era and deserve being in the pantheon of the best games from the 128 bit era. The playable 3d models from characters and some enviroments are ugly, even for a ps2 system, but the graphics don´t matter when you immerse yourself completely for a compellingit´s the best final fantasy with voice acting you can find today right now. it´s the best final fantasy from ps2 era and deserve being in the pantheon of the best games from the 128 bit era. The playable 3d models from characters and some enviroments are ugly, even for a ps2 system, but the graphics don´t matter when you immerse yourself completely for a compelling storytelling and well executed gameplay. Expand
  11. Feb 14, 2013
    This game is great, because of the fact that it actually takes some time to beat it. I played the international version of it, and i really liked it. Unlike the other games, X has more customization (weapons and armor can be fully customized to your liking) than the other games, and that can both be annoying and great. I disliked the horrible voice acting for Tidus and Yuna though, so i amThis game is great, because of the fact that it actually takes some time to beat it. I played the international version of it, and i really liked it. Unlike the other games, X has more customization (weapons and armor can be fully customized to your liking) than the other games, and that can both be annoying and great. I disliked the horrible voice acting for Tidus and Yuna though, so i am giving this game a 9 instead of a 10. Expand
  12. Mar 6, 2013
    This is the best JRGP I've ever played. The story is really good, the characters are okay, the gameplay is brilliant. Unlike previous final fantasy games, final fantasy X let's everybody wait their turn. I like this very much. For example, in final fantasy IX the enemies attack when their bar is full, this means I felt rushed and I couldn't take my time to think about my next move. FinalThis is the best JRGP I've ever played. The story is really good, the characters are okay, the gameplay is brilliant. Unlike previous final fantasy games, final fantasy X let's everybody wait their turn. I like this very much. For example, in final fantasy IX the enemies attack when their bar is full, this means I felt rushed and I couldn't take my time to think about my next move. Final fantasy X let's the monsters wait their turn. You won't feel rushed. The gameplay is deep and the overall experience is one that you will not soon forget. Expand
  13. Mar 29, 2013
    First there is one thing that needs to be said. Don't listen to the reviewers giving this game low scores. They're generally the types of people with little to no attention span. We all have a friend like that.

Now let's mention a few essential points about this game: - This is a long game. It will take you a long time to complete it. Cutscenes are very prominent. If you can't take

Now let's mention a few essential points about this game:

- This is a long game. It will take you a long time to complete it. Cutscenes are very prominent. If you can't take the time to enjoy a well crafted story with interesting characters told at a slow pace, don't buy this game.
    - The battle system is very much vintage Final Fantasy. It is fairly similar to that of previous games in the series. It is turn based.

Graphics: 8/10

I played this game back in 2003. While the game certainly looks nice, it's definately not 10/10 worthy in this department. The major drawback in terms of graphics is the stiff animations and sometimes awkward facial expressions. Much of this is me subconsiously comparing FFX to that of MGS2, which did far better in this department (in a similar time period). Other than this, the game looks great, plenty of detail, worlds full of life with vibrant colours.

Gameplay: 9/10

Vintage Final Fantasy. There's not really anything new here. The greatest thing about this game is not the battles themselves, but the ability to build your characters to ungoldy levels. After you finish FFX, you could quite easily spend another 60 hours just finishing post-game content. This includes finding ultimate weapons, fighting various post-game bosses (who are incredibly strong), crafting godly equiptment, maxxing out the sphere grid in ways you never thought were possible ect ect. This is a game where it's entirely possible to max every stat to 255 for every character (and still get your ass kicked by the strongest boss in the game). The game also features several minigames, including blitzball tournaments (underwater football). Most people who actually get into this minigame, find out just how fun and engaging it is. It's almost like another game within FFX.

Story 10/10

This is a JRPG. Expect a long melodramatic story. Expect interesting characters that you really care about by the end of the game. Expect plot twists. Expect shocks. I have completed this game over 5 times just to see the story again. It's that good. Yes the voice acting can be a tad cheesy at times (mainly due to the accompanying facial expressions which sometimes look a little comedic), but most of the time it is spot on. People are quick to judge Tidus' personality, because he's not like Cloud of Squall. This is not 7/8. The characters are varied and all bring something to the table. The voice acting is, for the most part, top notch. The people telling you otherwise generally just lack the intelligence to see the comedic value behind certain scenes (the laughing scene was purposely cheesy. That was the point).

Voice acting 9/10

Sometimes it isn't perfect, but it is most of the time. No one sounds the same, voices perfectly match appearances. Yuna sounds like an angel, Auron sounds like a boss.

Sound 10/10

I don't really pay all that much attention to background music in games, but what I do hear sounds perfect. After you play this game, you'll be hearing the Hymn of the Faith for years.

Replayability 10/10

As I said, I have finished this game 5 times.

Overall 10/10

This game is one of the best in the FF franchise (and my personal favourite). The only people telling you this game is horrible, are those that either lack the attention span to play games like this, or can't seem to entertain the fact that FFVII isn't the only FF game. VII wasn't even that good. Seriously. This game is better in every way, it's just that good. (and I would give VII a 10/10).

This is one of the greatest games ever created.
  14. Jan 2, 2014
    There is a lot that could be said about this game, it is the first Final Fantasy game on the PS2 which back then was a big deal. Everyone expected it to revolutionize the series much like VII. While X does make huge strides in presentation and gameplay, some of the voice acting and dialog isn't translated in a way that western gamers are used to. Tidus could have been a lot more likeable,There is a lot that could be said about this game, it is the first Final Fantasy game on the PS2 which back then was a big deal. Everyone expected it to revolutionize the series much like VII. While X does make huge strides in presentation and gameplay, some of the voice acting and dialog isn't translated in a way that western gamers are used to. Tidus could have been a lot more likeable, but the dialog he is given and his voice acting make seem like a 12 year old brat instead of a teenage sports jock. As far as the rest of the characters, they're all fine but really no stand-out performances. The graphics on the other hand are absolutely gorgeous even now. The style and the bright vivid color of the environments are wonderful to look at, and the FMV sequences are stunning. The turn-based gameplay won't surprise anyone, but the ability to switch out party members and some neat overdrives keep the gameplay from becoming stale for 50+ hours. The upgrade system called the sphere grid is, for the most part, a unique and interesting way to level up your character even if it is somewhat clunky. Overall, this game an outstanding entry in the series, despite one or two noticeable flaws. Expand
  15. Jul 18, 2013
    Um, this is the pinnacle of FF games for me. Everything about it is just good. Was well beyond it's day when released. My brothers and I have played through multiple times. It just never gets boring. Auron is by far my favorite FF character. Story is amazing, I still remember feeling dazed and beyond impressed at the end. Kinda like after just finishing an epic book series like Wheel of Time.
  16. Aug 22, 2013
    I loved this game, probably played through it 3 times, even though we had to take the disc back 3 times because it had been resurfaced badly that had no effect on how great I think this game is. I loved the story, the twists, and how emotional they made the ending. The characters felt real, and the role of the pseudo religion in the game was awesome. This is easily my favorite game in theI loved this game, probably played through it 3 times, even though we had to take the disc back 3 times because it had been resurfaced badly that had no effect on how great I think this game is. I loved the story, the twists, and how emotional they made the ending. The characters felt real, and the role of the pseudo religion in the game was awesome. This is easily my favorite game in the series, including FF7. Great boss battles, excellent story, I don't recall any UI bugs that annoyed me, all in all a very memorable game. Expand
  17. Oct 30, 2015
    FINAL FANTASY X is the first game from the FINAL FANTASY series released on the PlayStation 2 and was voted by Famitsu readers as the greatest video game of all time in 2006. FINAL FANTASY X was also the first game in the series to feature voice acting both in battle and in cutscenes. It was also my first FINAL FANTASY game. I loved it on the PlayStation 2 and remastered in high definitionFINAL FANTASY X is the first game from the FINAL FANTASY series released on the PlayStation 2 and was voted by Famitsu readers as the greatest video game of all time in 2006. FINAL FANTASY X was also the first game in the series to feature voice acting both in battle and in cutscenes. It was also my first FINAL FANTASY game. I loved it on the PlayStation 2 and remastered in high definition on the PlayStation 3 was no different.

Square Enix's 1st Production Department did an amazing job remastering it, and the re-arranged music was also amazing.

I already got to enjoy the additional content on the PlayStation 2, but it's great that North Americans were able to finally enjoy this title's additional content.

FINAL FANTASY X has a truly amazing story, enjoyable gameplay and plenty of side quests. It is to be noted there is no way to skip cutscenes, but you probably won't want to since they look and sound fantastic. There's also noticeable lip sync issues but that's understandable considering that's how they were originally.

After completing this amazing adventure, I grew addicted to Blitzball. Blitzball is a mix of Soccer and American football. Everything about it was great fun.

Love challenging trophy lists? This game is for you.

Replaying the game will also prove beneficial as you'll be able to actually understand the Al Bhed language.

All in all, FINAL FANTASY X is the greatest JRPG of all time and it looks great in HD. If you've played it before, there's plenty of reasons to revisit this adventure or if you're to venture through it for the first time you're in for a treat.
  18. Jan 4, 2015
    Very very good game.
    The turn based combat where you're allowed to switch characters in and out is executed fantastically. This is absolutely the biggest strength of the game.
    The story is hit and miss. When it goes into deeper explanation of what's happened it's just overly complicating what didn't need more and actually makes it worse. Tidus, AKA Meg Ryan, is... well... he's awful. He
    Very very good game.
    Tidus, AKA Meg Ryan, is... well... he's awful. He never should have been the main character. Many of the side characters are quite great though, such as Auron and Lulu.
    If you're a fan of JRPGs this is a must have. If you're not, this isn't likely going to be the one to change your mind.
  19. Sep 9, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Breathtaking. From the moment I got this game alongside my PS2 console over a decade ago, I was amazed. From everything, from the animations to voice acting, from the enormous content to the jaw-dropping story that unfolds.
    It's one of those games that when it ends you scream "NO,NO,NO,don't end like this!!!!", much like a movie. An absolute masterpiece. My favorite game so far. 11/10
  20. Dec 6, 2015
    I love the combat system, the story, the characters, the music... EVERYTHING! The grapgics are very good for being a 14 year old game, lol. I'm enjoying it A LOT! Highly recommended
  21. Jan 4, 2016
    This was the game PS2 users were waiting for back in 2001. It's probably my favorite RPG even surpassing FFVII to a degree and it's definitely the best game on PS2. The lush environments and music are beautiful! The follow the yellow brick road-Wizard of Oz esque linearity is more of a plus than a negative. Along your adventure you meet tons of interesting character, amazing scenery, andThis was the game PS2 users were waiting for back in 2001. It's probably my favorite RPG even surpassing FFVII to a degree and it's definitely the best game on PS2. The lush environments and music are beautiful! The follow the yellow brick road-Wizard of Oz esque linearity is more of a plus than a negative. Along your adventure you meet tons of interesting character, amazing scenery, and fight some of the coolest looking monsters! The gameplay is my favorite of the franchise let alone the genre! Expand
  22. Adam
    Jan 20, 2007
    I'm about halfway through now. Graphics are good as every Final Fantasy is. The story is alright, the gameplay is better than a lot of Final Fantasy RPG's (more interactive instead of just pressing buttons.) My one big complaint is a common one. WAY too much video footage. Even when it ends, you walk 2 steps and there's another video. Each opponent is harder though which is I'm about halfway through now. Graphics are good as every Final Fantasy is. The story is alright, the gameplay is better than a lot of Final Fantasy RPG's (more interactive instead of just pressing buttons.) My one big complaint is a common one. WAY too much video footage. Even when it ends, you walk 2 steps and there's another video. Each opponent is harder though which is something that is appreciated since its usually to easy. And the level system (with spheres) works better too since you have more choice on how your characters grow. Expand
  23. AndrewN.
    Jul 7, 2007
    Fantastic game and a definate noteworthy entry in this series. It introduced proper 3D environments which looked stunning. It had voice acting for the first time and a refined battle system. Having the ability to switch characters was a great touch as not having the right abilities in a battle was very frustrating. As well as the stunning visuals, it easily had one of the best storylines Fantastic game and a definate noteworthy entry in this series. It introduced proper 3D environments which looked stunning. It had voice acting for the first time and a refined battle system. Having the ability to switch characters was a great touch as not having the right abilities in a battle was very frustrating. As well as the stunning visuals, it easily had one of the best storylines accompanied by an excellent soundtrack and score. An enthralling adventure. If it wasnt for the linear nature of the game, this would have been a perfect 10. Expand
  24. Val
    Dec 8, 2009
    Absolutely better than any other Final Fantasy (close to 12 and 9 though). The most beautiful and touching game ever
  25. AlexanderS.
    Mar 29, 2009
    This is the best FF, screw FF7! First off the main character is not the "Fuc* the world, I'm so mysterious and lonely" type (which many FF fans claim to be themselves). Tidus is at first a normal teenager but he developes (not degenerates like Cloud) to a responsible figure. The characters are not so stereotypical and predictable like FF7s for example. While Auron may look like the This is the best FF, screw FF7! First off the main character is not the "Fuc* the world, I'm so mysterious and lonely" type (which many FF fans claim to be themselves). Tidus is at first a normal teenager but he developes (not degenerates like Cloud) to a responsible figure. The characters are not so stereotypical and predictable like FF7s for example. While Auron may look like the quiet, strict old warrior he also has a sense of humor, while Barret for example (FF7) is always grumpy. All in all the characters are more alive in FF10. Also FF10 does best at mastering the gap between sci-fi and fantasy setting, while older FFs are more like Final Cyber-Punk. The FF10 story is based on myths and religion but in a world, that is completely different from anything we know. Spira has its own rituals, laws and lifestyle. The gameplay is good and there is tons to do outside of the story. All in all it's the best game for people who love story-driven games. Expand
  26. GlennB.W.
    Dec 29, 2001
    This is the best game I have ever tried. The graphics especially is one of the many great things about this game.
  27. ShyanmarM
    Feb 15, 2010
    FFX is an absolutely awesome game. Yes, the storyline might be more linear than in the past, but that makes the narrative all the better. All those whiny little kids that complain because you "cant f-ing skip thar cutsceneZ, d00d" just don't get that Final Fantasy is, above anything else, about the Story. There's a reason you can't skip the cutscenes. If you could, FFX is an absolutely awesome game. Yes, the storyline might be more linear than in the past, but that makes the narrative all the better. All those whiny little kids that complain because you "cant f-ing skip thar cutsceneZ, d00d" just don't get that Final Fantasy is, above anything else, about the Story. There's a reason you can't skip the cutscenes. If you could, it'd basically take away what the game is all about. The Character design is cool, OK? Just because Tidus doesn't have spiky hair and wears black/deep purple and is all emo doesn't mean that's bad. Just 'cause Yuna doesn't run around in slutty outfits doesn't mean her character design sucks. The voice acting is great, especially considering that it's a series first here! What can you compare it to to say that it's bad? The battle system is absolutely cool and laid back. And especially considering that this game is the first FF title on the PS2, the first featuring voice acting, fully 3D-rendered landscapes and an ability system like the sphere grid (To all those who say that that is too easy or restricitve, just choose the expert mode on beginning the game ... ), this game is revolutionary. One of the best FFs up to date, in quite a lot of aspects even better than VII. Also better than IX, although not by that much. A full 10, anyway. Expand
  28. MaxG
    Mar 3, 2010
    This game has an incredible story, one of the best I have experienced in any game or movie. This is the most emotionally moving game I have ever played with amazing graphics, story, and music.
  29. DavidD.
    Jan 16, 2002
    If the scale was larger I would have given it a better score. The game's storyline alone is worth a 10 alone. The new voice overs worth it as while, the characters are unique & animated very while. Thank you.
  30. NeoW.
    Oct 22, 2002
    This game is frickin good, nice storyline AWSOME graphics this is tha bomb the jenna jameson of the PS2.
  31. JonathanC.
    Feb 17, 2002
    This game is superior to any other RPG games yet! The graphics are superb and teh battle system makse it all interesting. The voice-overs could use some work but it all worked out in the end.
  32. TarikT.
    Feb 27, 2002
    Still not as good as Final Fantasy Seven, but this game is kick ass.
  33. MilesP.
    Mar 16, 2002
    I gave it a ten because it's a ff. It's not the best ff. ff7 waz the best but it still kicks ASS!!!!!
  34. JamesM.
    Mar 20, 2002
    Not as good as FF3 or not even close to FF7 but all 'n all great game.
  35. ChloiC.
    Mar 26, 2002
    I think tidus is hot!!!
  36. ShivonD.
    Mar 3, 2002
    I never play this crappy game but my siblings play it- and they say it is scrumptrulescent- a must have for PS2 owners, but it doesn't top "Final Fantasy 7." I wanna send a shout out to my clever people at Squaresoft for their brilliant series of RPG games.
  37. PatrickK.
    Apr 10, 2002
    Unbelivable! This is the best game I have ever seen!
  38. ThomasG.Jr.
    Apr 29, 2002
    This game rocks. I think it was even better than FF7. There are so many things to do, even after you beat the game. Blitzball alone is good enough to be it's own game! Then talk about the optional bosses! In the monster arena alone ther's at least 20, most of them stronger than the last guy. And everybody loves high damaging games and this one gets you up to 5 digits of damage! This game rocks. I think it was even better than FF7. There are so many things to do, even after you beat the game. Blitzball alone is good enough to be it's own game! Then talk about the optional bosses! In the monster arena alone ther's at least 20, most of them stronger than the last guy. And everybody loves high damaging games and this one gets you up to 5 digits of damage! I'm talking 99,999 damage from 1 hit! Yeah FF7 was a great game but there wasn't much to it once you beat the game. FFX gives you players that start out as individuals but can learn other peoples' moves and abilities! And to be able to switch characters in and out of a fight at will makes the combat scenes never tiresome! All in all the greatest rpg i've ever played! Expand
  39. Luke
    Sep 3, 2002
    What a great game!! Storyline itself has got to be the best yet of any final fantasy game so far. Graphics and soundtrack are truly remarkable. Each character has there own, well-defined personality and u grow to recognise this. Sometimes it's more like watching an amazing film then playing a game. Saying this though, the battle operations are now more complex and user friendly, with What a great game!! Storyline itself has got to be the best yet of any final fantasy game so far. Graphics and soundtrack are truly remarkable. Each character has there own, well-defined personality and u grow to recognise this. Sometimes it's more like watching an amazing film then playing a game. Saying this though, the battle operations are now more complex and user friendly, with even more emphasise on strategy during fights. Very, very, very good game. Bring on FF11!! Expand
  40. DanielA.
    Dec 1, 2003
    This game is awesome, it rocks the badass driving skills well improved from Grand Theft Auto or any other game of the sort. The shooting is way more advanced then like Max Payne or like Dead to Rights. And the Karate style fighting rivals street fighter...ok a little overboard on that one. but it is awesome and the storyline is interesting, the only thing it lacks is length. the bonusThis game is awesome, it rocks the badass driving skills well improved from Grand Theft Auto or any other game of the sort. The shooting is way more advanced then like Max Payne or like Dead to Rights. And the Karate style fighting rivals street fighter...ok a little overboard on that one. but it is awesome and the storyline is interesting, the only thing it lacks is length. the bonus video is the funniest thing ever. Expand
  41. Mr._Rabbit
    Oct 7, 2003
    The only thing i didn't like was how the story happened in the future otherwise the game was great.
  42. MarkL.
    Feb 13, 2003
    This game is amazing squaresoft have done it again.
  43. TitoY.
    Aug 19, 2003
    Once again, squaresoft create a masterpiece. FinalFantasy X can't disappoint their fans. Of course is weird to hear the characters voices but it's great to live your own epic story.
  44. ChaddS.
    Sep 24, 2003
    For a start i would like to point out that marc444 has no taste in games whatsoever. That said,this is 1 of the best games ever to grace our ps2,sure it may be somewhat cheesy but that cant be helped.In any case FFX rocks hands down.
  45. SteveW.
    Oct 11, 2004
    Its Hard To Be Negative About This Game Because It Gives You Everything You Could Want In A Final Fantasy Game But That Said Others Have Done That And More (FF9 , FF7) But On Its Own An Excellent Game That I Cant Fault.
  46. NaomiM.
    Nov 4, 2004
    Best ff game EVER!!!
  47. Mr.Chicken
    Oct 6, 2004
    The first rpg I've ever played and i couldn't be happier.
  48. Pucciocorona
    Feb 28, 2004
    Very cool , graphics and the story.
  49. DanijelJ.
    Sep 4, 2004
    This is the best game ever given from ff creators.
  50. MaresF.
    Mar 6, 2005
    This game is great.
  51. VarunB.
    Aug 11, 2005
    A one-of-a-kind gaming experience...a must-have for the PS2, even for the non-fans of RPGs!!!
  52. DavidM.
    Nov 2, 2006
    Great game with dozens of side quests and missions to keep you playing for months, the game isn't over till you own that grid.
  53. AnsonG.
    Apr 1, 2006
    Nice graphics, good story and good game.
  54. MarkJ.
    Jun 11, 2006
    this game is very fun to play.it's got a great storyboard and you can never tell whats going to happen next.you cant go wrong with those graphics.the only thing i would change would just be little things like the battle music, and when you win a fight tidus does clouds winning battle thing y'know just tiny things.
  55. TitaniumDragon
    Nov 23, 2007
    This is a solid square RPG; it is not amazing for a Final Fantasy game, but it isn't terrible either. The story is fairly engaging and the pacing is quite good; there is a mixture of puzzles and the fights are entertaining. Additionally due to the sphere grid your characters feel different but it also feels like you have control over what they are capable of doing, which makes for This is a solid square RPG; it is not amazing for a Final Fantasy game, but it isn't terrible either. The story is fairly engaging and the pacing is quite good; there is a mixture of puzzles and the fights are entertaining. Additionally due to the sphere grid your characters feel different but it also feels like you have control over what they are capable of doing, which makes for pretty good gameplay. The battles are quite good and not monotonous and the difficulty level, while a bit low for my tastes, is tolerable. All around a solid RPG title and well worth playing. That said, it does have some flaws; the main characters, Yuna and Tidus, are very unlikable and not really all that interesting, and towards the end the game does begin to drag a little in places. All in all though, a good game. Expand
  56. MaryT.
    Feb 25, 2007
    This game is truly a fun game the characters the graphics the story wow I have been a big final fantasy fan for the longest time i will say the only thing i didn't like was the game ending thats a bum deal for Tidus and Yuna however I thought the romance in the game was a little cheesy this game was far better though than its sequel 10 2 was good but this was way better more to do This game is truly a fun game the characters the graphics the story wow I have been a big final fantasy fan for the longest time i will say the only thing i didn't like was the game ending thats a bum deal for Tidus and Yuna however I thought the romance in the game was a little cheesy this game was far better though than its sequel 10 2 was good but this was way better more to do than most all in all fantabulous game 10+++ Expand
  57. Sophie
    Aug 15, 2007
    Wow - this is the first Final Fantasy game I played, and I have to say I enjoyed every moment of it. Difficult, but not so difficult that newer RPG players can't approach it. Beautiful, graphics, wonderful CGI sequences. Voice acting could be better, but some performances were excellent including voice of Wakka, i.e also John DiMaggio, voice of Bender in the wonderful comedy Wow - this is the first Final Fantasy game I played, and I have to say I enjoyed every moment of it. Difficult, but not so difficult that newer RPG players can't approach it. Beautiful, graphics, wonderful CGI sequences. Voice acting could be better, but some performances were excellent including voice of Wakka, i.e also John DiMaggio, voice of Bender in the wonderful comedy animation Futurama. A fantastic, addictive, game that I reccommend to anybody of any age interested in video games. Expand
  58. CharlieN
    Jun 11, 2009
    A compelling story with unique outlooks on a classic gameplay style. With tons of depth to both the main storyline in gameplay and story, with hours of sidequests that contain incentive to complete, you will be glad to have gone on one of the most prized experiences the PS2 has to offer.
  59. mikec
    Aug 28, 2009
    in theory this game SHOULD be a 10. but it loses one point for the flawed battle system and one for the flawed blitzball. why oh why do i have to switch in a character to perform a perfunctory action like blocking just to get him some exp? why cant all characters level up together? this makes battles drag on literally twice as long as they should do. *wags finger at squaresoft* , bad in theory this game SHOULD be a 10. but it loses one point for the flawed battle system and one for the flawed blitzball. why oh why do i have to switch in a character to perform a perfunctory action like blocking just to get him some exp? why cant all characters level up together? this makes battles drag on literally twice as long as they should do. *wags finger at squaresoft* , bad squaresoft. and blitzball, while awesome, is so damn easy i can win the league first year with hardly trying and winning 6-0 every time gets old fast. but the battles and blitzes are still good enough as they are for this to be a damn fine game. graphically it stills holds up even now in 2009. people whining that tidus isnt whiny and emo are just whiny and emo. so what if he's cheerful for once, big deal. and if the previous FF games had voice acting, do you really think it would be much better sounding? how id love to hear yuffie and aeris peircing my eardrums with their shrill whining. such a SHAME i cant hear cait sith or squall moaning about how his big gunblade hurts his girly arms. lastly, for me the religious mumbo jumbo was completely yawn inducing and the 'fantasy' element was seriously lacking. traipsing through long boring nameless woods or mountain ranges is just dull. at least the previous games could make such locations really shine but that seems to be lost with the more modern graphics that were still in their infancy in 2001. ok, done, just had to vent my spleen. chow. oh and er, play it! Expand
  60. AntonioV
    Sep 8, 2009
    I love this game. The battle system is the greatest, no stress to choose action. The story is really good and sad. I like the game so much I've played it like five times
  61. SeanA.
    Dec 29, 2001
    This is a great game for the final fantasy series. I have played almost every game in the final fantasy series (available in America at least) and this is by far the best one yet! The voices are awesome much better than the constant reading of old. And the ability to switch out all of the players in battle is the best idea square has added since the ability to summon. I love this game but This is a great game for the final fantasy series. I have played almost every game in the final fantasy series (available in America at least) and this is by far the best one yet! The voices are awesome much better than the constant reading of old. And the ability to switch out all of the players in battle is the best idea square has added since the ability to summon. I love this game but i must point out the flaws blitzball is not really that fun of a game they make it WAY too hard at first giving you the shaft for the first couple of games. And some of the voices seem like bad dubs from old godzilla movies. And their is no leveling which is a real bummer add the disenchanting way of obtaining abilities( it looks more like a maze) this are problems that need to be addressed in the next game. But i hear it will be online so i guess we can kiss the game goodbye. if only a system like ff7 matera was incorporated this game would be almost perfect but it is still a 10 because the graphics are ungodly and you will love playing it. Expand
  62. TidusL.
    Jan 15, 2002
    The best game in the world there is. A must own game
  63. SammytheBull
    Dec 17, 2002
    This game is so friggin awesome. It has awesome graphics, story, and even good voice-overs. Plus Blitzball is a blast (why am I the only one who thinks so). Definitely a must-buy for any remote RPG fan, or just anyone who owns a PS2.
  64. PederN.
    Jan 27, 2002
    Too Short. I want more dang it! Please just a little bit?
  65. N.DeVega
    Feb 28, 2002
    Pretty good, some details could be better. Very entertainning though.
  66. DevinH.
    Mar 19, 2002
    This game is awesome. The battles never get boring and the graphics are great. By far the best game for the PS2 yet.
  67. Klifup
    Dec 12, 2003
    This is the best ff game since ff7 and fft this could be better and Omega could have been so harder like Omega on ff8.
  68. DragonKnightofFinalFantasy
    Dec 17, 2003
    If FFVII didn't exist FFX & FFIX would be must-buys 4 any RPG fan out there. FFX BEAUTIFUL,creative & immensly fun.The only problem I have w/ it is sometimes it feels like a DVD instead of a game.
  69. TidusC.
    Dec 20, 2003
    I like the game 2 MAIN REASONS my name is Tidus and the char is Tidus but FFV was great better story line but i like the first time u fight Sin in the game it shows like a movie but i hate fighting the jely fish after. and i just like the FReakin thang.
  70. LeighM.
    Dec 31, 2003
    Best Game Ever!!
  71. MatthewB.
    Mar 17, 2003
    The best RPG I've ever played and I have played a lot.
  72. JiloverzP.
    Nov 27, 2004
    I think ffx was the best series of ff. especially the soundtrack was absolutly stunning . i didn't liked the Yevon and al bhed and all that crap though i juss loved tidus but yuna is a bitch after ffx-2.-_-
  73. Adray
    Jan 14, 2004
    now, this is my favorite game of ALL TIME even better that x-2(which is also great) man, this game is even better that FF7! please i read some of these reviews...and some people said that it has no storyline... i think that they are not aware of what a "storyline" is, because if you know final fantasy like i do, and a lot of others...youll know that final fantasy has THE best storylines now, this is my favorite game of ALL TIME even better that x-2(which is also great) man, this game is even better that FF7! please i read some of these reviews...and some people said that it has no storyline... i think that they are not aware of what a "storyline" is, because if you know final fantasy like i do, and a lot of others...youll know that final fantasy has THE best storylines out there...so if you are a RPG fan...pick this game up RIGHT NOW! you will not regret it...also its at a great price, pick it up its amazing. Expand
  74. TrixieJ.
    Feb 21, 2004
    If you are looking for a game with exellent graphics, amazing sound effects, an amazing plot, and outstanding battle scenes, this is the game.
  75. LukeA.
    Mar 18, 2004
    This is the best game ever created!!
  76. SteveT.
    May 29, 2004
    One of top 3 rpgs ever.
  77. Chopin
    Jul 16, 2004
    Not the best final fantasy, doesnt come close to IX, but a masterpiece all the same. The good things: Auron is supercool, Seymour is cool if you can get past his voice, you learn to kinda appreciate Tidus later on, AMAZING graphics, good battle system, good music, and blitzball is fun despite what some people think. Okay, but there were some problems- Tidus is by far the worst main Not the best final fantasy, doesnt come close to IX, but a masterpiece all the same. The good things: Auron is supercool, Seymour is cool if you can get past his voice, you learn to kinda appreciate Tidus later on, AMAZING graphics, good battle system, good music, and blitzball is fun despite what some people think. Okay, but there were some problems- Tidus is by far the worst main character in an FF, Yuna's voice was badly cast(especially when she laughed) too easy once you figure out a little trick involving aeons overdrives(i blazed through every ending boss battle without having to use any real strategy), seymour's final fight is a real letdown(2 holy spells=dead). also the storyline didnt develop as much as it did in 7 or 9, even 8, you kinda know what to expect what with Sin(you know your not gonna defeat him halfway through the game). my biggest dissapointment probably didnt bother a lot of peoploe but it bothered me. The fact that no one ever says "Tidus" in the whole game led you not to bond with him or your characters as much, and it seemed kinda....empty. Especially the love story, I mean, Yuna never says his name? I didnt connect to that love story at all, whereas in 9 I really felt it. I know I had a lot of negative stuff to say, but the locations, bosses, music, and most of the voice acting and the battles easily make up for it. In the end you will feel very satisfied, and it does have the highest replay value of any of the final fantasies. Expand
  78. Johndoe
    Nov 2, 2005
    AMAZING graphics!
  79. SiljeL.
    Nov 29, 2005
    One of the best FF games I have ever played!;)
  80. Time_devil
    Oct 31, 2005
    This game is great. It has great graphics and a very unique storyline. It really is a great game worth playing.
  81. JJHesseltine
    Mar 12, 2005
    This game rocked, its the first final fantasy game i beat, and i just beat it literally half an hour ago, and yeah im your 17 varsity soccer player jock type and the ending made me cry. It was so beautiful and touching. The story pulls you right in, and its just blah i cant explain it. Heartwrenching is probably right. now i am going straight to blockbuster and renting ffx-2. Play this This game rocked, its the first final fantasy game i beat, and i just beat it literally half an hour ago, and yeah im your 17 varsity soccer player jock type and the ending made me cry. It was so beautiful and touching. The story pulls you right in, and its just blah i cant explain it. Heartwrenching is probably right. now i am going straight to blockbuster and renting ffx-2. Play this game, and beat it. It is so worth the 60+hours i spent on it! Expand
  82. TejiriI.
    Apr 17, 2005
    This game moved me. This was the 1st FF I brought and this is what got me hooked on the Final Fantasy Series. I never get tired of watching the Real-time screenshots. I would give it 10000/10 but its not possible. I loved the music I can listen to it all day. When I'm in a battle I'm usually bopping my head to the theme. You rock.
  83. RegisJ.
    May 15, 2006
    i've been playing this game for 4 years (i have the international version so i wanna defeat the Dark Aeons and the Final Dark Aeon) Love the difficulty of this game and over all gameplay, I wish all FF games were like this!
  84. LeighM.
    Feb 26, 2008
    Best Game Ever!!
  85. NickB.
    Dec 26, 2003
    Great graphics but to much watching videos and not enough playing the game. In a way it is like watching a movie, which is ok I guess. I have not played X-2 yet but I hear that it is better. There are rumors that Square is making a X-3!
  86. ZXZFasheta
    Dec 28, 2003
    First time ive sat to play a FF game but i gotta say this is one of the best game ever created in many aspects, stunning graphics, heavy animation, intriging storyline, a scerene feel to the music and plot animation, charcter's unique personality, the game tops many many RPG's i've played. It gives a sense of scerenity, a feeling of accomplishment as u play, as u unravelFirst time ive sat to play a FF game but i gotta say this is one of the best game ever created in many aspects, stunning graphics, heavy animation, intriging storyline, a scerene feel to the music and plot animation, charcter's unique personality, the game tops many many RPG's i've played. It gives a sense of scerenity, a feeling of accomplishment as u play, as u unravel deep into the game the actions and storys that unfolds is quite intriging and unexpected. U could play the game for 160 hours non stop and still not have completed it in it's entirity. there are many things i still have to get apart from the ones u normally get in the game, i mean things u have to go out of your way to get like their ultimate weapons, the other i think about 4-5 aeons like Anima (The aeon of the guy that wanted to marry Yuna by force and wanted to become sin himself) u know stuff like that. Expand
  87. JasonB.
    Nov 16, 2005
    By far my favorite final fantasy game of all time. And I have high hopes for the future of the series. I have played through this game 3 times, and its worth every hour.
  88. BryanK.
    Nov 15, 2006
    This game has a great story. its graphics are pretty good for early PS2 titles. The mini game blitz ball was also good! If your a true Final Fantisy fan you got to buy this game.
  89. Oct 14, 2010
    Final Fantasy X is the last good game in the numbered Final Fantasy series. Great story, great visuals, great mini games, interesting progression system.
  90. Mar 22, 2016
    I recently replayed this game on PS3 and I forgot from childhood how amazing this game actually is. I am a huge FF fan and even though this game stood out from previous titles that I really enjoyed, it is a splendid and unique experience that any RPG fan should divulge in at least once.
  91. Jun 1, 2013
    This is an amazing game. I could write a 10 page report on why it's awesome but you can read what other people are saying. Instead I want to address those emo pricks hating on Tidus and Wakka. Tidus is almost unrealistically cheerful and upbeat. But guess what? his presence bring positivity to the journey. His naiveness and outgoing personality lightens the mood of what otherwise would beThis is an amazing game. I could write a 10 page report on why it's awesome but you can read what other people are saying. Instead I want to address those emo pricks hating on Tidus and Wakka. Tidus is almost unrealistically cheerful and upbeat. But guess what? his presence bring positivity to the journey. His naiveness and outgoing personality lightens the mood of what otherwise would be a depressing journey. Can you imagine what it would be like for if Tidus was replaced with Squall or Cloud? It would be an emo fest. And I don't know what people hate on Wakka either. He is supposed to be slow-wit guy with a big heart. The only flaw he might have is being inflexible when it comes to yevon's teaching. And I don't blame him. If you had to live your whole life in fear of a monster wiping your whole village at any given moment you act like him too. Expand
  92. Apr 2, 2016
    Having just beat this game for the 3rd time I can honestly say this is one of the finest RPG's ever made. It's got a good story that's easy to follow, a good battle system and a really addicting upgrade system that makes you want to keep playing.

The voice acting can be kind of weird sometimes but honestly it's a small gripe to what is an outstanding game.
  93. Aug 2, 2016
    In my opinion this is the best final fantasy game since FF7. The story of the game is brilliant and just makes you want to play on until you finish it. the graphics of the game are brilliant and the game also shows great character development especially for the 2 main protagonists
  94. Mar 7, 2016
    Perhaps the best JRPG in the history of videogames, I can only think of Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy IX as maybe being on this level. First of all, visually it was a HUGE improvement for anything we had seen at those times. Even nowadays it's still visually elegant. The story is the best I've seen in probably any videogame, the love story in the game is not the typical easy "ohPerhaps the best JRPG in the history of videogames, I can only think of Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy IX as maybe being on this level. First of all, visually it was a HUGE improvement for anything we had seen at those times. Even nowadays it's still visually elegant. The story is the best I've seen in probably any videogame, the love story in the game is not the typical easy "oh we've felt in love, let's be happy together" we tend to see on videogames. Every character is detailed and designed in a perfect and accurate way, the music is simply extremely good, the sphere grid system is a big improvement to the previous systems, you finally have the sensation of really developing your characters the way you want. Blitzball could be a game on it's own already and it's just a mini-game. I just can't think of anything that could've been done better in this game. Expand
  95. Mar 6, 2017
    This is not only the best Final Fantasy game ever made, it's one of the best games EVER made. Few games can be called a masterpiece but this is one of them.
  96. Apr 23, 2016
    One of the greatest RPGs all the time. A must play game for any player . Extraordinary story , impressive visuals, marvellous play-system and music which is captivating. Thanks you square for creating such a great game.
  97. May 4, 2016
    One of the best, if not the best game ever made. Compelling story, great characters, beautiful music, fun gameplay. really a must play for anyone. if you havnt played it get it now.
  98. Jan 3, 2017
    Deutsche Review - Kritik

Deutsche Review - Kritik

Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. Regeln verstanden?
    Dann sind hier meine Punkte.

Mein pers├Ânlicher Score = 92/100
    Mein User Score = 9/10
  99. Dec 20, 2016
    I've always heard about the glory of FFX, but I was still surprised to find myself so completely enthralled by this one. I couldn't believe that I could enjoy another FF as much as I enjoyed FFVII. This is the epic story we've been waiting for. Spira is a vibrant, colorful world, and Nobuo and Masashi (two of my favorite vgm composers) help make the trek that much more grand. I quicklyI've always heard about the glory of FFX, but I was still surprised to find myself so completely enthralled by this one. I couldn't believe that I could enjoy another FF as much as I enjoyed FFVII. This is the epic story we've been waiting for. Spira is a vibrant, colorful world, and Nobuo and Masashi (two of my favorite vgm composers) help make the trek that much more grand. I quickly adapted to the turn based battle system, and as different as it was, the sphere grid leveling system was clever and fun. I loved being able to "hot swap" characters in and out of battle without penalty. Blitzball is a bit overwhelming at first, but once you get the hang of it, there's loads of fun to be had in this extensive mini-game. However, the characters and the storyline is really what shines brightest in FFX. It's refreshing to have such an imaginative otherworldly final fantasy tale with a plot that still holds together well in spite of pushing the limits of fantasy. Highly recommended for anyone with a soul. Expand
  100. Feb 29, 2012
    Final Fantasy X is an amazing game. The characters are all very interesting and are developed well, and the story has a few very good twists. The battle and leveling systems are also well done, and there are a lot of sidequest for the completionist. My only problem was that the battle system did get a bit repeditive after a while. A true testament to the qulity of this game is that itFinal Fantasy X is an amazing game. The characters are all very interesting and are developed well, and the story has a few very good twists. The battle and leveling systems are also well done, and there are a lot of sidequest for the completionist. My only problem was that the battle system did get a bit repeditive after a while. A true testament to the qulity of this game is that it still holds its own against later installments. Collapse

#2 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2001
#5 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2001

1. We've seen the Final Fantasy epic take us on a memorable journey, but now it all seems like it's been done before. 10 is good, great at times, but it is no longer original.
  2. The replay value is very low, and the design is flawed by an inability to skip past sequences, even in replay mode. The playability also suffers by a lack of freedom of movement.
  3. Great RPG and certainly the best one on the PS2 currently, however, I feel it isn't as great as past FF's have been due to its lack of freedom.