Final Fantasy X PlayStation 2

8.8

1. Aug 14, 2017
    This is the best JRGP I've ever played. The story is really good, the characters are charming, the gameplay is brilliant. Unlike previous final fantasy games, final fantasy X let's everybody wait their turn. I like this very much. For example, in final fantasy IX the enemies attack when their bar is full, this means I felt rushed and I couldn't take my time to think about my next move.This is the best JRGP I've ever played. The story is really good, the characters are charming, the gameplay is brilliant. Unlike previous final fantasy games, final fantasy X let's everybody wait their turn. I like this very much. For example, in final fantasy IX the enemies attack when their bar is full, this means I felt rushed and I couldn't take my time to think about my next move. Final fantasy X let's the monsters wait their turn. You won't feel rushed. The gameplay is deep and the overall experience is one that you will not soon forget. Expand
  2. Jul 10, 2017
    Amazing game. There were a few cringe worthy moments due to voice acting, but very few considering how adolescent voice acting was in the US at the time. The music to me was the best of any Final Fantasy, my favorite being the Ronso theme "People of the North Pole". The Chocobo racing is infuriating, but what Final Fantasy is complete without an ridiculous mini game. For it's time, thisAmazing game. There were a few cringe worthy moments due to voice acting, but very few considering how adolescent voice acting was in the US at the time. The music to me was the best of any Final Fantasy, my favorite being the Ronso theme "People of the North Pole". The Chocobo racing is infuriating, but what Final Fantasy is complete without an ridiculous mini game. For it's time, this game was a masterpiece. The story line does feel unfinished as a stand alone game, but the sequel fills in some of the gaps. Expand
  3. Jun 11, 2017
    Final Fantasy X is a deep, complex and truly unique experience. I find it very difficult to briefly describe in a way that truly does it justice. It is unlike any other game that I have ever played and even quite different from other Final Fantasy games. It is like an epic fairy tale with elements that are both literal and allegorical. It isn't a simple story about heroes fightingFinal Fantasy X is a deep, complex and truly unique experience. I find it very difficult to briefly describe in a way that truly does it justice. It is unlike any other game that I have ever played and even quite different from other Final Fantasy games. It is like an epic fairy tale with elements that are both literal and allegorical. It isn't a simple story about heroes fighting villains. While Final Fantasy games are often known for having complex villains, the villains are usually still pretty obvious, FFX doesn't have a clear cut antagonist. It is a story that gradually reveals a complex system that is deeply rooted in lore. Sometimes the people who seem like obvious villains are just damaged people who are twisted by circumstance and sometimes well meaning people who are desperate to protect what they love most give rise to a cycle of mass destruction that no weapon can stop. FFX is a story about a lot of things, sin, faith, sacrifice, but most of all I think it is about loss. All of these themes are all dealt with in a meaningful way. I have played through this game a few times and one thing that impresses me is that each time I picked up on something new. Nearly every scene is more than it appears to be on the surface. A lot of the story telling is in the subtext and the environment. FFX isn't perfect but it is one of the best video game experiences of my life and a game that I still think about often even 15 years later.

While the plot may seem confusing at first almost everything is eventually revealed. I could write several pages about the story of FFX and all of its nuances. Sin is one of the most interesting monsters in fiction, it isn't just a giant beast that destroys without purpose. Everything about sin is rooted in lore. Its origins and purpose are deeply tied to the magic, history, and religion of the world. Religion is one thing that is really well captured in FFX. Yevon is not intrinsically good or evil, it has many good elements but it is also full of corruption. Throughout the story we encounter many examples of people who are faithful to Yevon and for the most part very good people but their blind faith in Yevon has led them to accept certain things about the world as truth without every calling those beliefs into question. There are so many great things that I could say about the story, it does have a few weak points as most big complex stories do but its few short comings are dramatically overshadowed by what it does right.

The visual design is spectacular, even to this day the cinematics rank among the best in any game. The environments are unfortunately small and confined but they all tell a visual story. There are a few stupid designs, like Seymour's hair and Tidus' clothes but for the most part the designs are top notch. The game still looks pretty good and at the time of it's release it was on another level.

The sound design is also among the best in the series. The sound track is one of my favorites and it
    is perfectly used within the context of the story. Some of the voice acting isn't the best but as the first FF with voice acting I think it is good, far better than most of that time period.

I think the combat system is one of the best in the series. Each character is useful, while each enemy has particular strengths and weaknesses that you need to carefully test to figure out. Each character also has unique overdrives. Many of the overdrives look awesome and require skill to take full advantage of making them rewarding. Each spell also has a useful strategic purpose. Enemies can also use spells such as reflect to bounce them leading to unconventional situations. While there aren't quite as many summonings as some of the past FF games there is a decent amount and each one is very unique. The aeons all look awesome and they are useful without being overpowered. Outside of combat the game play is much less impressive, you spend most of your time walking or running along paths with very little interaction.

The characters in FFX are also excellent but they don't have the obvious appeal as some of the past games in the series. Tidus for example, is totally different from past heroes in the series. He doesn't start out as a great warrior or magic user. He starts out as a bit cocky, a bit shallow, and a bit selfish but that is only on the surface and as the story progresses we learn how he came to be the way he is and we also learn that he does indeed have a lot of good qualities. He is fleshed out both through character growth and through revelations about his past. He is an outsider in a strange world and that is used to great effect. Nearly all of the main characters are well fleshed out and every character has a meaningful roll within the story and gameplay.

I give FFX a 93%

Visual Style – 9
    Length/Amount of Content – 10
    Immersi
  4. May 26, 2017
    Final Fantasy X was my first Final fantasy game and I still have my original copy from way back (It has outlived four PS2's). It's got a great story (if sometimes a bit cheesy). Compared to the other Final Fantasy games I've played it's quite linear until close to the end where you get access to an airship and can use it to revisit previous areas. The gameplay can be challenging later onFinal Fantasy X was my first Final fantasy game and I still have my original copy from way back (It has outlived four PS2's). It's got a great story (if sometimes a bit cheesy). Compared to the other Final Fantasy games I've played it's quite linear until close to the end where you get access to an airship and can use it to revisit previous areas. The gameplay can be challenging later on when enemies get stronger, but it's incredibly straightforward at the beginning, giving you infinite time to chose what you want your three chosen fighters to do in a classic turn based system whilst also allowing you to change members whenever you please.
    If you don't mind a bit of cheesyness and linearity in your games I highly recommend this one.
  5. May 25, 2017
    I always critic games for the story in over 100 ways, but Final Fantasy X just nailed it in a wonderful way, it made me cry for 3/4 of the time.
    The music is literally awesome, and my favourite Final Fantasy Soundtrack is "To Zanarkand", is really good to hear.
    And what about Lulu? Omg is so perfect to be a Sourceress! And the texture are really nice to see, to be a 2001/2002 game. I
    And what about Lulu? Omg is so perfect to be a Sourceress!
    And the texture are really nice to see, to be a 2001/2002 game.
    I really love and appreciate this game from the deep of my heart.
  6. Mar 6, 2017
    This is not only the best Final Fantasy game ever made, it's one of the best games EVER made. Few games can be called a masterpiece but this is one of them.
  7. Jan 3, 2017
    Deutsche Review - Kritik

Deutsche Review - Kritik

Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. Regeln verstanden?
    Dann sind hier meine Punkte.

Mein persönlicher Score = 92/100
    Mein User Score = 9/10
  8. Dec 20, 2016
    I've always heard about the glory of FFX, but I was still surprised to find myself so completely enthralled by this one. I couldn't believe that I could enjoy another FF as much as I enjoyed FFVII. This is the epic story we've been waiting for. Spira is a vibrant, colorful world, and Nobuo and Masashi (two of my favorite vgm composers) help make the trek that much more grand. I quicklyI've always heard about the glory of FFX, but I was still surprised to find myself so completely enthralled by this one. I couldn't believe that I could enjoy another FF as much as I enjoyed FFVII. This is the epic story we've been waiting for. Spira is a vibrant, colorful world, and Nobuo and Masashi (two of my favorite vgm composers) help make the trek that much more grand. I quickly adapted to the turn based battle system, and as different as it was, the sphere grid leveling system was clever and fun. I loved being able to "hot swap" characters in and out of battle without penalty. Blitzball is a bit overwhelming at first, but once you get the hang of it, there's loads of fun to be had in this extensive mini-game. However, the characters and the storyline is really what shines brightest in FFX. It's refreshing to have such an imaginative otherworldly final fantasy tale with a plot that still holds together well in spite of pushing the limits of fantasy. Highly recommended for anyone with a soul. Expand
  9. Sep 13, 2016
    Okay, so as far as RPGs go, Final Fantasy X is near-perfect. What makes it so much more involving than other games I played, aside from the abundance of items and minigames to build your characters with, is the huge Sphere Grid. In this grid, all your different characters have a specific path they can take with skills along the way which are best suited to them. The thing is though; theseOkay, so as far as RPGs go, Final Fantasy X is near-perfect. What makes it so much more involving than other games I played, aside from the abundance of items and minigames to build your characters with, is the huge Sphere Grid. In this grid, all your different characters have a specific path they can take with skills along the way which are best suited to them. The thing is though; these aren't paths you necessarily HAVE to take for each character. You get the freedom to experiment and build every character into the character you want it to be. The possibilities are almost endless, and it's so much more involving than just having your characters 'level up' after a few battles. It's really addicting, even now, and I don't think I've seen this is any other games besides Final Fantasy X. Expand
  10. Aug 3, 2016
    This game is super fun but sometimes on the internet or youtube I see people hate on this masterpiece. Well people do hate on Ocarina of Time so they probably have no taste in gaming.
  11. Aug 2, 2016
    In my opinion this is the best final fantasy game since FF7. The story of the game is brilliant and just makes you want to play on until you finish it. the graphics of the game are brilliant and the game also shows great character development especially for the 2 main protagonists
  12. May 10, 2016
    For me FFX is one of the best rpgs I've ever played (if not the best). In my opinion it's perfect in all the possible ways. The graphics, soundtrack, plot, etc, everything has been really thought-out. One of the things that caught me was the long dialogues that all the people had. I mean you coud talk with them like 3 or 4 times and all that they told you was new and interesting. I reallyFor me FFX is one of the best rpgs I've ever played (if not the best). In my opinion it's perfect in all the possible ways. The graphics, soundtrack, plot, etc, everything has been really thought-out. One of the things that caught me was the long dialogues that all the people had. I mean you coud talk with them like 3 or 4 times and all that they told you was new and interesting. I really love this game. You can't miss it if you're fan of rpg games. I can't understand the people who rate it with an score of less than 9. Expand
  13. May 4, 2016
    One of the best, if not the best game ever made. Compelling story, great characters, beautiful music, fun gameplay. really a must play for anyone. if you havnt played it get it now.
  14. Apr 23, 2016
    One of the greatest RPGs all the time. A must play game for any player . Extraordinary story , impressive visuals, marvellous play-system and music which is captivating. Thanks you square for creating such a great game.
  15. Apr 23, 2016
    All in all, passable gameplay, good graphics for it's time and an interesting (if silly) premise, but the game does the worst sin an RPG could do by completely destroying any sense of immersion and wonderment almost immediately. It does this with what seems like a minor issue, but what (for me, at least) turned me off this world right off the bat: absolutely atrocious voice acting. For me,All in all, passable gameplay, good graphics for it's time and an interesting (if silly) premise, but the game does the worst sin an RPG could do by completely destroying any sense of immersion and wonderment almost immediately. It does this with what seems like a minor issue, but what (for me, at least) turned me off this world right off the bat: absolutely atrocious voice acting. For me, this very simple act of switching to voice acting but not maintaining quality is totally unforgivable. The main characters of Tidus and Yuna are unfortunately the worst of the bunch, though it doesn't help that every single character is a flat stereotype. No character is likeable, and Tidus I can only describe like every other negative review here: annoying, whiny and douchy.

The English translation feels very clunky and unnatural. Japanese games seem to have a problem with this, for some odd reason. This is something that has existed in every Final Fantasy game, but not until I actually heard it with my own ears did I realize how bad it was. I can forgive some offences (silly plot and character design, mainly), just because by now it is a more or less an established staple of these games, but breaking my immersion with the voice acting and the bad characters left me with no sense of personal involvement, which was enough for to really turn on the game. Not having relatable or likeable main characters in a game of this genre is unforgivable.

This combined with the overabundance of cutscenes (unskippable, BTW), uncreative and linear level up system, and the early signs of hallway-itis (brought to it's absolute apex with the perhaps even more horrible FFXIII) make this game that breaking point where the Final Fantasy series seemed to veer off a cliff for me. And I have greatly enjoyed every FF so far, even the divisive VIII.

FFX has set a dangerous example because since it's release and subsequent success, Square Enix seem to be putting all their focus on world and creature design and cutscene animation, with the actually relevant things (character writing, plot and an explorable game world) becoming nothing more than afterthoughts. So basically style over substance. A shame.
  16. Apr 2, 2016
    Having just beat this game for the 3rd time I can honestly say this is one of the finest RPG's ever made. It's got a good story that's easy to follow, a good battle system and a really addicting upgrade system that makes you want to keep playing.

The voice acting can be kind of weird sometimes but honestly it's a small gripe to what is an outstanding game.
  17. Mar 22, 2016
    I recently replayed this game on PS3 and I forgot from childhood how amazing this game actually is. I am a huge FF fan and even though this game stood out from previous titles that I really enjoyed, it is a splendid and unique experience that any RPG fan should divulge in at least once.
  18. Mar 14, 2016
    This game is great - an amazing story, amazing characters, amazing soundtrack, but it's so LINEAR! More than XIII (which is better). Your only exploration is the Calm Lands, and even that is so boring and dull. the battle system isn't bad, but it's boring as hell. So repetitive, with every now and again you shift up once or twice. The sphere grid wasn't that great - it's one grid for all 7This game is great - an amazing story, amazing characters, amazing soundtrack, but it's so LINEAR! More than XIII (which is better). Your only exploration is the Calm Lands, and even that is so boring and dull. the battle system isn't bad, but it's boring as hell. So repetitive, with every now and again you shift up once or twice. The sphere grid wasn't that great - it's one grid for all 7 of you. You could have Yuna as your primary warrior with max strength, you could even have Auron and Rikku your Primary and Secondary White Mages. Go one wrong way in the grid and you end up with all sorts of crap. The Aeons were pretty good, but Overdrives were mediocre. The worst things is the Cloister of Trials. The CLOISTER OF FU**IN TRIALS - what kind of Bullsh*t idea was that?! X is a good game, but not as good as most. X-2 is so much better. Expand
  19. Mar 7, 2016
    Perhaps the best JRPG in the history of videogames, I can only think of Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy IX as maybe being on this level. First of all, visually it was a HUGE improvement for anything we had seen at those times. Even nowadays it's still visually elegant. The story is the best I've seen in probably any videogame, the love story in the game is not the typical easy "ohPerhaps the best JRPG in the history of videogames, I can only think of Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy IX as maybe being on this level. First of all, visually it was a HUGE improvement for anything we had seen at those times. Even nowadays it's still visually elegant. The story is the best I've seen in probably any videogame, the love story in the game is not the typical easy "oh we've felt in love, let's be happy together" we tend to see on videogames. Every character is detailed and designed in a perfect and accurate way, the music is simply extremely good, the sphere grid system is a big improvement to the previous systems, you finally have the sensation of really developing your characters the way you want. Blitzball could be a game on it's own already and it's just a mini-game. I just can't think of anything that could've been done better in this game. Expand
  20. Jan 4, 2016
    This was the game PS2 users were waiting for back in 2001. It's probably my favorite RPG even surpassing FFVII to a degree and it's definitely the best game on PS2. The lush environments and music are beautiful! The follow the yellow brick road-Wizard of Oz esque linearity is more of a plus than a negative. Along your adventure you meet tons of interesting character, amazing scenery, andThis was the game PS2 users were waiting for back in 2001. It's probably my favorite RPG even surpassing FFVII to a degree and it's definitely the best game on PS2. The lush environments and music are beautiful! The follow the yellow brick road-Wizard of Oz esque linearity is more of a plus than a negative. Along your adventure you meet tons of interesting character, amazing scenery, and fight some of the coolest looking monsters! The gameplay is my favorite of the franchise let alone the genre! Expand
  21. Dec 6, 2015
    I love the combat system, the story, the characters, the music... EVERYTHING! The grapgics are very good for being a 14 year old game, lol. I'm enjoying it A LOT! Highly recommended
  22. Nov 22, 2015
    Well.. Here we go. My goodbye to FFX. I have played and replayed this game some six or seven times. In my long and varied gaming career, I generally don't hand out perfect 10's. Not even to Ocarina of Time, and other fan favorites. But this game has always held a special place within me. Enough waxing sentimental, I'm here to review.

So, the combat. It was a fresh re-imagining of the

So, the combat. It was a fresh re-imagining of the traditional turn based RPG style. It removed a great deal of clutter from the way things work, and replaced them with depth and customization. Battles work just like they would have with ATB (assuming it was set to the Wait Mode) but you don't have to sit and watch bars fill, or try to guess how many turns you'll have before the enemy gets their turn in. I found it relieving, quick paced, and strategic. Which is everything I could ask for in an RPG's battle system.

Leveling, Personally, I find this to be the single greatest piece, which is saying a great deal. The sphere grid seems overwhelming at first, two dimensional second, but once you get far enough into it to be choosing from branching paths, and then eventually customizing it... I haven't played any RPG with a leveling system I prefer to it. I have spent hundreds of hours, no exaggeration, with this game in the sphere grid, customizing and optimizing. I have filled out the whole sphere grid, and replaced all replaceable spheres. I've played it to death, and still love it dearly.

The story. My gods, the story. it was wonderful, it was beautiful. You start off with a whiny point of view character, dragged from the lap of comfort and adoration into a world full of death and sorrow. And he grows. He grows well. But despite being the main character, he is not the central character. He tells the story, but in truth, it isn't his own. From the moment he meets her, the entire story revolves around Yuna. Some things take place off screen, to be certain. But she is a strong female lead, faithful and virtuous without compromising on strength. She upturns an entire religion, and the entire world with it. She has help from her guardians. But where any choice is made, it was hers to make, and she made them well.

The story is littered with melancholy and death. And yet, Yuna smiles. And Yuna dances. A pillar of hope for a dying world. She is a wonderful character, and is supported by a cast that feels both interesting and believable in personality. Of all the FF's stories, and I've played them all numerous times, X's stands at the peak. Assuming we don't count X-2's Addition, which I won't for a thousand varied and spiteful reasons.

Gameplay aspects: Well, some things suffer here. Blitzball was entertaining for a bit, then quickly became a tedious chore. Walking everywhere prior to the ship can be tiring due to how the map works out, but the way the map works out is actually a plus in my mind. All of the areas were connected by traversible paths. No need for a world map to travel the world, though you got one later with the airship. But the world felt real, and felt whole. Something to be pleased with. Exploration and finding goodies was hit or miss. Honestly, FFIX did it better for little goodies and easter eggs being put everywhere to keep you looking. Collecting ten of every monster for the arena is again an arduous chore. Despite all of this, the payoff is well worth it, and X is more than the sum of its parts.

Audio: The music in the game is some of the finest in gaming. I once had a chance to ask Nobuo Uematsu one question in person, at a con in Milwaukee, WI during his Distant Worlds tour. I asked him "what would you say was your magnum opus? The finest song you have ever made. What you were born to compose." and after some deliberation he replied "To Zanarkand, though I'd like to think my magnum opus is still ahead of me." (paraphrasing of course. Even if I remembered the exact quote, this was being translated by an intermediary.) The music is the glue that holds the game's story together. It is well composed and touching. There was a song or two I wasn't the biggest fan of, but overall, it was a very pleasing soundtrack.

Well, I guess that about wraps things up. While X has flaws and isn't perfect in all aspects, the strengths it has more than compensates. Thank you FFX. We had over ten years together, and I enjoyed you thoroughly. The last and greatest piece by Sakaguchi. The truly named Final Fantasy. Having platinumed the whole game and played enough that I know what is in every chest before I open it, it's time we part ways. But I hope others will find and love you as dearly as I did.
  23. Oct 1, 2015
    Tier 2
    + Innovative audio visual experience at its time
    + Evolved the aesthetic of the FF franchise in an interesting way + Cool new level progression system, somewhat reduces the grind of previous FF games + As always, a good cast of supporting characters - Story falls off the deep end pretty quickly - For the most part, takes itself too seriously when it's serious, and is fairly
    Tier 2
    + Innovative audio visual experience at its time
    + Evolved the aesthetic of the FF franchise in an interesting way
    + As always, a good cast of supporting characters
    - Story falls off the deep end pretty quickly
    - For the most part, takes itself too seriously when it's serious, and is fairly ridiculous when it tries to be funny
  24. Sep 9, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Breathtaking. From the moment I got this game alongside my PS2 console over a decade ago, I was amazed. From everything, from the animations to voice acting, from the enormous content to the jaw-dropping story that unfolds.
    It's one of those games that when it ends you scream "NO,NO,NO,don't end like this!!!!", much like a movie. An absolute masterpiece. My favorite game so far. 11/10
  25. Sep 2, 2015
    An amazing RPG's masterpiece for ps2, an amazing gameplay and a very original way to improve habilities, good characters with an wonderful, althoug the music is not so good like other Final fantasy games, by the way is just my opinion
  26. Aug 9, 2015
    My favourite FF of all time, magnificent story, awsome characters, awsome graphics for that time, and most important a beatifull ending that makes any person cry you see the whole story. I made everything in this game because i love the game. That Blitzball minigame i pass so many hours playing. This game is memorable.
  27. May 19, 2015
    this game sucks main character is a assaine asswipe, blitzball sucks yuna sucks, rikki was fin as hell, auron was cool. final fantasy game to damn simplistic for my taste, the graphics have advanced but nothing else has including the difficultty , last boss is a joke as usual in a final fantasy game
  28. May 17, 2015
    Greatest story ever. You need to love it, absolutely amazing game. Year 2001? Are you kidding me? Everyone should play this game at least once in their life.
  29. Feb 1, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the game in the series that gets the most negative feedback in the form utterly false statements; yes, it is linear in the beginning, but once you get the airship, you are able to visit all the towns of the world, exploring for new weapons and defeating a plethora of optional bosses, all requiring different strategy and approach. There's hidden temples, hidden bosses, hidden weapons to acquire, a battle arena to conquer, everything. If someone says FFX to be linear in the vein of FFXIII then they are, quite simply, false. The characters are customizable in the sense that one CAN follow different paths in determining the stats of one character, and although in the end every character has maxed out the entire grid, it is by no means even remotely similar to FXIII crystarium nonsense. Similar to earlier entries, FFX also offers hidden Summons to acquire, although only usable by one character. It also features a minigame in the form of blitzball which includes a team recruiting where the player can search the world for better blitzball players. The only downside is that in the end the blitz minigame becomes broken and the player will steamroll every opponent. That's when the player realizes that he has to defeat two seasons of the game for getting Wakka's best weapon, and the task becomes quite tedious.

All that aside, FFX still has all the content that in my opinion made VII so great; a handful of optional bosses, customizable (to an extent) characters, a nice minigame (idea), hidden dungeons and secret temples. For all that, I'd probably give it 8.5 were it possible. Because it's not, 9/10.
  30. Jan 6, 2015
    Final Fantasy X may be great on it's tactical combat and it's presentation for the time but on a lot of levels it's severely overrated. it's plot while on paper show's promise but it's really doesn't stand up to inspection and it's really undone by the fact that clearly Yuna should be main character and Tidus's presence actively makes the plot worse and is a top contender for worstFinal Fantasy X may be great on it's tactical combat and it's presentation for the time but on a lot of levels it's severely overrated. it's plot while on paper show's promise but it's really doesn't stand up to inspection and it's really undone by the fact that clearly Yuna should be main character and Tidus's presence actively makes the plot worse and is a top contender for worst character Final Fantasy history. I usually really enjoy the art style in final fantasy and i will say there are bright sparks of genius but at other times it's really head scratching and for the love of god the voice acting ranges from passable to god awfully annoying on so many levels honestly the best part about this game is it's soundtrack Expand

#2 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2001
#5 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2001

1. We've seen the Final Fantasy epic take us on a memorable journey, but now it all seems like it's been done before. 10 is good, great at times, but it is no longer original.
  2. The replay value is very low, and the design is flawed by an inability to skip past sequences, even in replay mode. The playability also suffers by a lack of freedom of movement.
  3. Great RPG and certainly the best one on the PS2 currently, however, I feel it isn't as great as past FF's have been due to its lack of freedom.