Final Fantasy X PlayStation 2

8.7

1. ClintH.
    Jul 15, 2005
    This game realy rocks. The game makers realy put hearts into this game.
  2. DaveY.
    Oct 22, 2006
    One of the best FF games in the series.
  3. Boz
    Oct 8, 2003
    This is the best final fantasy game i ever played. I played all the ff games from the 1st one on nintendo all the way to the ps2 and this game is the best ever i love the storyline the graphics everything. I know that the next few ff games are going to be better but ffx will always be the best for me.
  4. AndrewJ.
    Jan 31, 2004
    Brilliant! A shame you can't skip the movies though!
  5. IsaacR.
    May 1, 2006
    !The Bomb! (sorry) great story.....fantastic story and it doent end with a happy ending! thats new and i like it.
  6. RomanR.
    Jul 27, 2007
    This is definitely the best RPG ever, in my opinoin that is. The reason I rate it so high and give it so much credit, is because there are hidden meaning in the story, and the story alone amazing. I would dock a poin down for the battles, but come on? It's an old game, they did as good as they could've with what they were working with :P. anyways, I should wrap this is, this is This is definitely the best RPG ever, in my opinoin that is. The reason I rate it so high and give it so much credit, is because there are hidden meaning in the story, and the story alone amazing. I would dock a poin down for the battles, but come on? It's an old game, they did as good as they could've with what they were working with :P. anyways, I should wrap this is, this is an amazing game, and.. I'm obsessed, haha. and that's all, and as Gatsby mentioned, it's also all on opinion and the type of person you are, I mean, if you don't like love stories at all, then this may not be the game for you, it all depends on the type of person you are. Expand
  7. mitch
    May 18, 2010
    Since I bought this game a few years back, I have never looked upon another game as highly as I do with this one. Everything about it manages to strike a harmoniously-noted chord with me. The sphere grid is fantastic, since it allows for the freedom of stat building in the way that the player wants it. I found this especially great because I was able to really stretch my strategy skills Since I bought this game a few years back, I have never looked upon another game as highly as I do with this one. Everything about it manages to strike a harmoniously-noted chord with me. The sphere grid is fantastic, since it allows for the freedom of stat building in the way that the player wants it. I found this especially great because I was able to really stretch my strategy skills to the fullest by limiting the upgrades I make to my characters. And with this being the case, the same game can be played many a time and each of those times it can be done in a different manner from the last. The graphics of the cinematic visuals are breathtaking, and this emphasises the emotional side of the game to the fullest. The extra content involved, such as Dark Aeons, Celestial Weapons, the Omega Weapon, monster arena, Omega Ruins, hidden airship destinations, and, of course, Penance - makes this game very addictive and very difficult in completing one hundred percent. It's a brilliant and timeless adventure. One that I won't ever get sick of. Expand
  8. MattH.
    Jan 11, 2002
    This is the best RPG I have ever played in my life. The graphics look like real-life people nearly, and the gameplay is fantastic. The story is one of my favorites, and the cast of characters is quite unique.
  9. GaryR.
    Jan 14, 2002
    Brilliant. There described in one word.
  10. JimK.
    Dec 30, 2002
    This might posibly be the best FF out there, but maybe not. I liked the new battle system were u can switch between characters and not lose ur turn, and the whole emotional experience withing each character. The only thing i didn't like about this game is the mini-game Blitzball. REALLY BORING. But other than than the 60 hours I played this game was really enjoyable.
  11. LeeH.H.
    Jan 3, 2002
    This game is perfect, or at least nearly perfect. The voice acting still could have been better though. But other than that, it's just perfect.
  12. SariT.
    Feb 17, 2002
    I love the game! I have FF7, FF8, FF9,and FFX. They are all great. I love the graphics and voice activation. I love them all!
  13. GeorgeC.
    Feb 20, 2002
    Great Story line, Using Sphere Grid to level up characters is better then just level up Character through battles. It's one of the Best Game, ya?
  14. AnthonyD.
    Feb 26, 2002
    Great game. Graphics prove why Playstation will ALWAYS be on top. Storyline was a little too straightforward. Yuna's voice was erradic and didn't flow as well as Tidus'. It was about time that the main character didn't turn out to be the strongest (ie Lord of The Rings). The XBox will NEVER be on the same level as PS2, either today or three years from now. Overall FFX Great game. Graphics prove why Playstation will ALWAYS be on top. Storyline was a little too straightforward. Yuna's voice was erradic and didn't flow as well as Tidus'. It was about time that the main character didn't turn out to be the strongest (ie Lord of The Rings). The XBox will NEVER be on the same level as PS2, either today or three years from now. Overall FFX deserves every bit of credit given. Expand
  15. Rikku02
    Feb 9, 2002
    I love the plot and the graphix are absolutely amazing! Yuna and Tidus all the way!
  16. FinalFantasyMaster
    Mar 19, 2002
    W O W!! This game is beautiful! The cut-scenes are wonderful, and its stuffed with details. Those who don't give this game an 8-10 doesnt have taste of games that deserves 100 out of 100. PS. PlayStation2 is kicking X-Box ass!!! Nothing to argue about.
  17. BigFeet
    Mar 3, 2002
    This game has awesome graphics, awesome sound, and has a real cool story.
  18. Grimm
    Mar 8, 2002
    Man, this game is the best rpg since final fatasy 8. I have to admit that ff9 fell off and compared to the other games of the series sucked, but it was still better than any other rpg out there. But ffx cannot be touched by anything, great graphics, the top rate story second only to halo and talk about the loss of lvl. 99 you can make your people soooooo strong I LOVE IT :)
  19. JustinS.
    Apr 1, 2002
    If you want the best bang for your buck, this is the game you want. It's storyline and addictively fun gameplay will have you playing non-stop.
  20. Megcmoigrr
    Apr 7, 2002
    Like FF8 (the same design team as FFX), the music by Nobuo Uematsu and the graphics are breathtaking...These are the japanese skills!
  21. BigDaddyShaft
    Jun 28, 2002
    This is one of the most addictive RPGs I've ever played. Definitely the best Final Fantasy game since FF7 and perhaps even surpassing it. The graphics are absolutely breathtaking. The sound effects and music create as much emotion as the dialogue. The voice acting isn't exactly up to par with GTA III, but the performances are good overall (especially Wakka and Auron). A very This is one of the most addictive RPGs I've ever played. Definitely the best Final Fantasy game since FF7 and perhaps even surpassing it. The graphics are absolutely breathtaking. The sound effects and music create as much emotion as the dialogue. The voice acting isn't exactly up to par with GTA III, but the performances are good overall (especially Wakka and Auron). A very unique upgrade system allows you much more flexibility in improving your characters. Your normally physically weak spellcaster can become a great fighter if you choose, and there are dozens of abilities and skills to learn. The same goes for the battle system. While it is now strictly turned based, you have much more control over battles since you can switch the active characters at any time. Why did it take so long to think of this??? Finally, there's the plot. Although it doesn't quite unfold smoothly at times, it is very engrossing. As long as the game is, I wish that it could have been a little longer so I could have gotten to know all of the main characters a little better. Even still, the game's world was very well thought out and consistant. The writer's explain why the world is the way it is very well. Final thought: Get this game now or kick yourself later. Expand
  22. Negabyte
    Jun 8, 2002
    Hands down, the best game ever!
  23. RobertC.
    Oct 15, 2003
    One of the best story lines Ive ever seen. so hurry with X-2.
  24. Nick
    Oct 28, 2003
    this is one of the best games ever and i can't wait for the sequel to come out.
  25. JoelA.
    Apr 1, 2003
    This game is the best! This is the reason most of us actually went out and bought a brand-new PS2! (Including me!) I see nothing that needs redoing for the sequel!
  26. Spencer
    May 4, 2003
    Final Fantasy again puts role playing game one notch higher with the innovations presented in the current game. The battle mode is easier to understand and you wouldn't be left guessing when your next turn would be. plus the inclusion of the switching characters was a first in the series which was better. the use of the sphere grid was new to me but it served a better purpose on Final Fantasy again puts role playing game one notch higher with the innovations presented in the current game. The battle mode is easier to understand and you wouldn't be left guessing when your next turn would be. plus the inclusion of the switching characters was a first in the series which was better. the use of the sphere grid was new to me but it served a better purpose on maximazing my characters capabilities. the story and plot again is superb. there is a balance between the story and the gameplay which allows the gamer to be fully submerge in the wolrd of spira. the plot is interesting and keeps you on your toes. the inclusion of the voice dialogue is a first in the rpg world and pioneered by final fantasy. they also were able to include facial expressions which was necessary for the gamer to feel and know what the emotions the characters are trying to show. although i find the puzzles in the game to easy, there is nothing bad i can say about this game. it's another gaming classic. Expand
  27. NikiE.
    Jul 20, 2003
    ffx is AWESOME! graphics are so amazing. the twisting story line pushes you to find out what happens next soo much, that it becomes addicting. i love it so much. =D
  28. JackP.
    Mar 31, 2004
    I think this game is the best finalfantasy ever and yuna is sooooooo hot? and i wish i can marry her daddly .
  29. DrususDigerness
    Jun 21, 2004
    This game was great! sure Tidus"s voice is wierd, but tidus is a rome name. but the game was fantastic, abouslty. heres what I like is Tidus was a brother to the great romean genral Drusus. (seriously)
  30. AutumnY.
    May 1, 2005
    This game is awsome and made me want to play again and again.... it does bring a tear to your eyes at the end and really my favorite game ever!!!!!
  31. TylerD.
    Jul 4, 2005
    Final Fantasy X is a truly amazing game. It's definately on my top 5 list of an all-time favourite game. The graphics are beautiful, the story is a masterpiece, and the whole game is a work of art. I love this game.
  32. BradT.
    Sep 7, 2005
    This is the greatest final fantasy game made yet, but i think they might have ruined it with the sequel to it.
  33. LeonA.
    Jan 22, 2006
    if this game does not get a ten i dont know who voted. this game has everything a smart gamer needs. Final fantasy X is a game that will leave a mark in game history.
  34. NickH.
    Feb 7, 2006
    One of the best FF games out there, story line incredible yet emotional. All the specs of the game from graphics till game play adds up a great visual game.
  35. TehanuA.
    Apr 23, 2006
    WOW! How can you hate this game. Good graphics, good fighting cuts. Awsome story!! The music was also great! This is an all around good game for people whodont like to spend about 5 hours on a game and, opps, done. This game took me about 56 hours to finish. It always kept me on my feet on what could happen next.
  36. Adam
    Jan 20, 2007
    I'm about halfway through now. Graphics are good as every Final Fantasy is. The story is alright, the gameplay is better than a lot of Final Fantasy RPG's (more interactive instead of just pressing buttons.) My one big complaint is a common one. WAY too much video footage. Even when it ends, you walk 2 steps and there's another video. Each opponent is harder though which is I'm about halfway through now. Graphics are good as every Final Fantasy is. The story is alright, the gameplay is better than a lot of Final Fantasy RPG's (more interactive instead of just pressing buttons.) My one big complaint is a common one. WAY too much video footage. Even when it ends, you walk 2 steps and there's another video. Each opponent is harder though which is something that is appreciated since its usually to easy. And the level system (with spheres) works better too since you have more choice on how your characters grow. Expand
  37. SamD.
    Mar 5, 2007
    BEST EVER! All the FF has flaws but this game is so good that the flaws can be over-looked, and I agree Tidus's voice is annoying at times.
  38. GS
    Jul 20, 2007
    One of the greatest games ever and the greatest RPG I have ever played.
  39. AndrewN.
    Jul 7, 2007
    Fantastic game and a definate noteworthy entry in this series. It introduced proper 3D environments which looked stunning. It had voice acting for the first time and a refined battle system. Having the ability to switch characters was a great touch as not having the right abilities in a battle was very frustrating. As well as the stunning visuals, it easily had one of the best storylines Fantastic game and a definate noteworthy entry in this series. It introduced proper 3D environments which looked stunning. It had voice acting for the first time and a refined battle system. Having the ability to switch characters was a great touch as not having the right abilities in a battle was very frustrating. As well as the stunning visuals, it easily had one of the best storylines accompanied by an excellent soundtrack and score. An enthralling adventure. If it wasnt for the linear nature of the game, this would have been a perfect 10. Expand
  40. Val
    Dec 8, 2009
    Absolutely better than any other Final Fantasy (close to 12 and 9 though). The most beautiful and touching game ever
  41. AlexanderS.
    Mar 29, 2009
    This is the best FF, screw FF7! First off the main character is not the "Fuc* the world, I'm so mysterious and lonely" type (which many FF fans claim to be themselves). Tidus is at first a normal teenager but he developes (not degenerates like Cloud) to a responsible figure. The characters are not so stereotypical and predictable like FF7s for example. While Auron may look like the This is the best FF, screw FF7! First off the main character is not the "Fuc* the world, I'm so mysterious and lonely" type (which many FF fans claim to be themselves). Tidus is at first a normal teenager but he developes (not degenerates like Cloud) to a responsible figure. The characters are not so stereotypical and predictable like FF7s for example. While Auron may look like the quiet, strict old warrior he also has a sense of humor, while Barret for example (FF7) is always grumpy. All in all the characters are more alive in FF10. Also FF10 does best at mastering the gap between sci-fi and fantasy setting, while older FFs are more like Final Cyber-Punk. The FF10 story is based on myths and religion but in a world, that is completely different from anything we know. Spira has its own rituals, laws and lifestyle. The gameplay is good and there is tons to do outside of the story. All in all it's the best game for people who love story-driven games. Expand
  42. GlennB.W.
    Dec 29, 2001
    This is the best game I have ever tried. The graphics especially is one of the many great things about this game.
  43. CyrilD.
    Dec 30, 2001
    Too nice to say something.
  44. ShyanmarM
    Feb 15, 2010
    FFX is an absolutely awesome game. Yes, the storyline might be more linear than in the past, but that makes the narrative all the better. All those whiny little kids that complain because you "cant f-ing skip thar cutsceneZ, d00d" just don't get that Final Fantasy is, above anything else, about the Story. There's a reason you can't skip the cutscenes. If you could, FFX is an absolutely awesome game. Yes, the storyline might be more linear than in the past, but that makes the narrative all the better. All those whiny little kids that complain because you "cant f-ing skip thar cutsceneZ, d00d" just don't get that Final Fantasy is, above anything else, about the Story. There's a reason you can't skip the cutscenes. If you could, it'd basically take away what the game is all about. The Character design is cool, OK? Just because Tidus doesn't have spiky hair and wears black/deep purple and is all emo doesn't mean that's bad. Just 'cause Yuna doesn't run around in slutty outfits doesn't mean her character design sucks. The voice acting is great, especially considering that it's a series first here! What can you compare it to to say that it's bad? The battle system is absolutely cool and laid back. And especially considering that this game is the first FF title on the PS2, the first featuring voice acting, fully 3D-rendered landscapes and an ability system like the sphere grid (To all those who say that that is too easy or restricitve, just choose the expert mode on beginning the game ... ), this game is revolutionary. One of the best FFs up to date, in quite a lot of aspects even better than VII. Also better than IX, although not by that much. A full 10, anyway. Expand
  45. MaxG
    Mar 3, 2010
    This game has an incredible story, one of the best I have experienced in any game or movie. This is the most emotionally moving game I have ever played with amazing graphics, story, and music.
  46. DavidD.
    Jan 16, 2002
    If the scale was larger I would have given it a better score. The game's storyline alone is worth a 10 alone. The new voice overs worth it as while, the characters are unique & animated very while. Thank you.
  47. NeoW.
    Oct 22, 2002
    This game is frickin good, nice storyline AWSOME graphics this is tha bomb the jenna jameson of the PS2.
  48. RyanT.
    Feb 13, 2002
    This game kicks ass.
  49. JonathanC.
    Feb 17, 2002
    This game is superior to any other RPG games yet! The graphics are superb and teh battle system makse it all interesting. The voice-overs could use some work but it all worked out in the end.
  50. TarikT.
    Feb 27, 2002
    Still not as good as Final Fantasy Seven, but this game is kick ass.
  51. MilesP.
    Mar 16, 2002
    I gave it a ten because it's a ff. It's not the best ff. ff7 waz the best but it still kicks ASS!!!!!
  52. JamesM.
    Mar 20, 2002
    Not as good as FF3 or not even close to FF7 but all 'n all great game.
  53. ChloiC.
    Mar 26, 2002
    I think tidus is hot!!!
  54. ShivonD.
    Mar 3, 2002
    I never play this crappy game but my siblings play it- and they say it is scrumptrulescent- a must have for PS2 owners, but it doesn't top "Final Fantasy 7." I wanna send a shout out to my clever people at Squaresoft for their brilliant series of RPG games.
  55. PatrickK.
    Apr 10, 2002
    Unbelivable! This is the best game I have ever seen!
  56. ThomasG.Jr.
    Apr 29, 2002
    This game rocks. I think it was even better than FF7. There are so many things to do, even after you beat the game. Blitzball alone is good enough to be it's own game! Then talk about the optional bosses! In the monster arena alone ther's at least 20, most of them stronger than the last guy. And everybody loves high damaging games and this one gets you up to 5 digits of damage! This game rocks. I think it was even better than FF7. There are so many things to do, even after you beat the game. Blitzball alone is good enough to be it's own game! Then talk about the optional bosses! In the monster arena alone ther's at least 20, most of them stronger than the last guy. And everybody loves high damaging games and this one gets you up to 5 digits of damage! I'm talking 99,999 damage from 1 hit! Yeah FF7 was a great game but there wasn't much to it once you beat the game. FFX gives you players that start out as individuals but can learn other peoples' moves and abilities! And to be able to switch characters in and out of a fight at will makes the combat scenes never tiresome! All in all the greatest rpg i've ever played! Expand
  57. Chris
    Aug 13, 2002
    Great storyline and an awesome battlesystem makes this a game nobody would want to miss!1
  58. SnoopK.
    Sep 17, 2002
    It's tha bomb.
  59. JonathanD.
    Sep 18, 2002
    Pros: AMAZING GRAPHICS (!!!!!), good music, excellent voice acting (on par with MGS and Lunar), awesome battle system, compelling storyline. Cons: annoying frequency of random battles, blitzball, and an EXTREMELY LINEAR quest (I hate that). Special Notes: didn't sweep me up as much as FFs VI-IX. The Verdict: buy it. If you can't do that, play this game somehow. It's very Pros: AMAZING GRAPHICS (!!!!!), good music, excellent voice acting (on par with MGS and Lunar), awesome battle system, compelling storyline. Cons: annoying frequency of random battles, blitzball, and an EXTREMELY LINEAR quest (I hate that). Special Notes: didn't sweep me up as much as FFs VI-IX. The Verdict: buy it. If you can't do that, play this game somehow. It's very good, despite its minor flaws. Expand
  60. LotsaBagels
    Sep 29, 2002
    Stop reading this and go buy this game immediately!!!
  61. Luke
    Sep 3, 2002
    What a great game!! Storyline itself has got to be the best yet of any final fantasy game so far. Graphics and soundtrack are truly remarkable. Each character has there own, well-defined personality and u grow to recognise this. Sometimes it's more like watching an amazing film then playing a game. Saying this though, the battle operations are now more complex and user friendly, with What a great game!! Storyline itself has got to be the best yet of any final fantasy game so far. Graphics and soundtrack are truly remarkable. Each character has there own, well-defined personality and u grow to recognise this. Sometimes it's more like watching an amazing film then playing a game. Saying this though, the battle operations are now more complex and user friendly, with even more emphasise on strategy during fights. Very, very, very good game. Bring on FF11!! Expand
  62. DanielA.
    Dec 1, 2003
    This game is awesome, it rocks the badass driving skills well improved from Grand Theft Auto or any other game of the sort. The shooting is way more advanced then like Max Payne or like Dead to Rights. And the Karate style fighting rivals street fighter...ok a little overboard on that one. but it is awesome and the storyline is interesting, the only thing it lacks is length. the bonusThis game is awesome, it rocks the badass driving skills well improved from Grand Theft Auto or any other game of the sort. The shooting is way more advanced then like Max Payne or like Dead to Rights. And the Karate style fighting rivals street fighter...ok a little overboard on that one. but it is awesome and the storyline is interesting, the only thing it lacks is length. the bonus video is the funniest thing ever. Expand
  63. Mr._Rabbit
    Oct 7, 2003
    The only thing i didn't like was how the story happened in the future otherwise the game was great.
  64. MarkL.
    Feb 13, 2003
    This game is amazing squaresoft have done it again.
  65. TitoY.
    Aug 19, 2003
    Once again, squaresoft create a masterpiece. FinalFantasy X can't disappoint their fans. Of course is weird to hear the characters voices but it's great to live your own epic story.
  66. ChaddS.
    Sep 24, 2003
    For a start i would like to point out that marc444 has no taste in games whatsoever. That said,this is 1 of the best games ever to grace our ps2,sure it may be somewhat cheesy but that cant be helped.In any case FFX rocks hands down.
  67. SteveW.
    Oct 11, 2004
    Its Hard To Be Negative About This Game Because It Gives You Everything You Could Want In A Final Fantasy Game But That Said Others Have Done That And More (FF9 , FF7) But On Its Own An Excellent Game That I Cant Fault.
  68. NaomiM.
    Nov 4, 2004
    Best ff game EVER!!!
  69. Mr.Chicken
    Oct 6, 2004
    The first rpg I've ever played and i couldn't be happier.
  70. Pucciocorona
    Feb 28, 2004
    Very cool , graphics and the story.
  71. DanijelJ.
    Sep 4, 2004
    This is the best game ever given from ff creators.
  72. MaresF.
    Mar 6, 2005
    This game is great.
  73. VarunB.
    Aug 11, 2005
    A one-of-a-kind gaming experience...a must-have for the PS2, even for the non-fans of RPGs!!!
  74. DavidM.
    Nov 2, 2006
    Great game with dozens of side quests and missions to keep you playing for months, the game isn't over till you own that grid.
  75. AnsonG.
    Apr 1, 2006
    Nice graphics, good story and good game.
  76. MarkJ.
    Jun 11, 2006
    this game is very fun to play.it's got a great storyboard and you can never tell whats going to happen next.you cant go wrong with those graphics.the only thing i would change would just be little things like the battle music, and when you win a fight tidus does clouds winning battle thing y'know just tiny things.
  77. TitaniumDragon
    Nov 23, 2007
    This is a solid square RPG; it is not amazing for a Final Fantasy game, but it isn't terrible either. The story is fairly engaging and the pacing is quite good; there is a mixture of puzzles and the fights are entertaining. Additionally due to the sphere grid your characters feel different but it also feels like you have control over what they are capable of doing, which makes for This is a solid square RPG; it is not amazing for a Final Fantasy game, but it isn't terrible either. The story is fairly engaging and the pacing is quite good; there is a mixture of puzzles and the fights are entertaining. Additionally due to the sphere grid your characters feel different but it also feels like you have control over what they are capable of doing, which makes for pretty good gameplay. The battles are quite good and not monotonous and the difficulty level, while a bit low for my tastes, is tolerable. All around a solid RPG title and well worth playing. That said, it does have some flaws; the main characters, Yuna and Tidus, are very unlikable and not really all that interesting, and towards the end the game does begin to drag a little in places. All in all though, a good game. Expand
  78. MaryT.
    Feb 25, 2007
    This game is truly a fun game the characters the graphics the story wow I have been a big final fantasy fan for the longest time i will say the only thing i didn't like was the game ending thats a bum deal for Tidus and Yuna however I thought the romance in the game was a little cheesy this game was far better though than its sequel 10 2 was good but this was way better more to do This game is truly a fun game the characters the graphics the story wow I have been a big final fantasy fan for the longest time i will say the only thing i didn't like was the game ending thats a bum deal for Tidus and Yuna however I thought the romance in the game was a little cheesy this game was far better though than its sequel 10 2 was good but this was way better more to do than most all in all fantabulous game 10+++ Expand
  79. AVideoGameCritic
    Jun 5, 2007
    Nearly perfect game. An example of brilliant storyline and character development, as well as fully realized world. Easily the best 3-D Final Fantasy.
  80. TomB.
    Jul 9, 2007
    The BEST game ever best graphics best story and comments eg (I will defeat sin I must defeat sin) and even music
  81. Sophie
    Aug 15, 2007
    Wow - this is the first Final Fantasy game I played, and I have to say I enjoyed every moment of it. Difficult, but not so difficult that newer RPG players can't approach it. Beautiful, graphics, wonderful CGI sequences. Voice acting could be better, but some performances were excellent including voice of Wakka, i.e also John DiMaggio, voice of Bender in the wonderful comedy Wow - this is the first Final Fantasy game I played, and I have to say I enjoyed every moment of it. Difficult, but not so difficult that newer RPG players can't approach it. Beautiful, graphics, wonderful CGI sequences. Voice acting could be better, but some performances were excellent including voice of Wakka, i.e also John DiMaggio, voice of Bender in the wonderful comedy animation Futurama. A fantastic, addictive, game that I reccommend to anybody of any age interested in video games. Expand
  82. CharlieN
    Jun 11, 2009
    A compelling story with unique outlooks on a classic gameplay style. With tons of depth to both the main storyline in gameplay and story, with hours of sidequests that contain incentive to complete, you will be glad to have gone on one of the most prized experiences the PS2 has to offer.
  83. mikec
    Aug 28, 2009
    in theory this game SHOULD be a 10. but it loses one point for the flawed battle system and one for the flawed blitzball. why oh why do i have to switch in a character to perform a perfunctory action like blocking just to get him some exp? why cant all characters level up together? this makes battles drag on literally twice as long as they should do. *wags finger at squaresoft* , bad in theory this game SHOULD be a 10. but it loses one point for the flawed battle system and one for the flawed blitzball. why oh why do i have to switch in a character to perform a perfunctory action like blocking just to get him some exp? why cant all characters level up together? this makes battles drag on literally twice as long as they should do. *wags finger at squaresoft* , bad squaresoft. and blitzball, while awesome, is so damn easy i can win the league first year with hardly trying and winning 6-0 every time gets old fast. but the battles and blitzes are still good enough as they are for this to be a damn fine game. graphically it stills holds up even now in 2009. people whining that tidus isnt whiny and emo are just whiny and emo. so what if he's cheerful for once, big deal. and if the previous FF games had voice acting, do you really think it would be much better sounding? how id love to hear yuffie and aeris peircing my eardrums with their shrill whining. such a SHAME i cant hear cait sith or squall moaning about how his big gunblade hurts his girly arms. lastly, for me the religious mumbo jumbo was completely yawn inducing and the 'fantasy' element was seriously lacking. traipsing through long boring nameless woods or mountain ranges is just dull. at least the previous games could make such locations really shine but that seems to be lost with the more modern graphics that were still in their infancy in 2001. ok, done, just had to vent my spleen. chow. oh and er, play it! Expand
  84. AntonioV
    Sep 8, 2009
    I love this game. The battle system is the greatest, no stress to choose action. The story is really good and sad. I like the game so much I've played it like five times
  85. SeanA.
    Dec 29, 2001
    This is a great game for the final fantasy series. I have played almost every game in the final fantasy series (available in America at least) and this is by far the best one yet! The voices are awesome much better than the constant reading of old. And the ability to switch out all of the players in battle is the best idea square has added since the ability to summon. I love this game but This is a great game for the final fantasy series. I have played almost every game in the final fantasy series (available in America at least) and this is by far the best one yet! The voices are awesome much better than the constant reading of old. And the ability to switch out all of the players in battle is the best idea square has added since the ability to summon. I love this game but i must point out the flaws blitzball is not really that fun of a game they make it WAY too hard at first giving you the shaft for the first couple of games. And some of the voices seem like bad dubs from old godzilla movies. And their is no leveling which is a real bummer add the disenchanting way of obtaining abilities( it looks more like a maze) this are problems that need to be addressed in the next game. But i hear it will be online so i guess we can kiss the game goodbye. if only a system like ff7 matera was incorporated this game would be almost perfect but it is still a 10 because the graphics are ungodly and you will love playing it. Expand
  86. Sook-JaiK.
    Oct 11, 2002
    This game made me cry, i didn't imagine the graphics were this good.
  87. JadeisthA.
    Nov 30, 2002
    This is the most amazing game ever made!
  88. TidusL.
    Jan 15, 2002
    The best game in the world there is. A must own game
  89. R.Sady
    Jan 17, 2002
    It's Final Fantasy on Playstation 2! Who needs more incentive to buy it than that!? Nothing short of outstanding, fantasic and worthy of all the praise and hype given to it. Forget Xbox, forget Gamecube! Playstation 2 has Final Fantasy X!
  90. SammytheBull
    Dec 17, 2002
    This game is so friggin awesome. It has awesome graphics, story, and even good voice-overs. Plus Blitzball is a blast (why am I the only one who thinks so). Definitely a must-buy for any remote RPG fan, or just anyone who owns a PS2.
  91. PederN.
    Jan 27, 2002
    Too Short. I want more dang it! Please just a little bit?
  92. N.DeVega
    Feb 28, 2002
    Pretty good, some details could be better. Very entertainning though.
  93. AmandaK.
    Mar 11, 2002
    Almost rivaling FF7, FFX is a masterpiece. I'll say that it was a bit odd that there were sections of te game where you couldn't walk two steps without a cinematic scene, and the encounter rate was a bit high. But other than those two technically miniscule details, I cannot see much else in glitch- blissful graphics, a gripping storyline (better than a lot of movies I've Almost rivaling FF7, FFX is a masterpiece. I'll say that it was a bit odd that there were sections of te game where you couldn't walk two steps without a cinematic scene, and the encounter rate was a bit high. But other than those two technically miniscule details, I cannot see much else in glitch- blissful graphics, a gripping storyline (better than a lot of movies I've seen lately) and some entertaining minigames- this is an awesome experience. The only thing I can say actually bugged me was that the game was pretty linear for a while, but after that, I cannot find complaint. I recommend this game to everybody- extremely impressive. Expand
  94. DevinH.
    Mar 19, 2002
    This game is awesome. The battles never get boring and the graphics are great. By far the best game for the PS2 yet.
  95. Klifup
    Dec 12, 2003
    This is the best ff game since ff7 and fft this could be better and Omega could have been so harder like Omega on ff8.
  96. DragonKnightofFinalFantasy
    Dec 17, 2003
    If FFVII didn't exist FFX & FFIX would be must-buys 4 any RPG fan out there. FFX BEAUTIFUL,creative & immensly fun.The only problem I have w/ it is sometimes it feels like a DVD instead of a game.
  97. TidusC.
    Dec 20, 2003
    I like the game 2 MAIN REASONS my name is Tidus and the char is Tidus but FFV was great better story line but i like the first time u fight Sin in the game it shows like a movie but i hate fighting the jely fish after. and i just like the FReakin thang.
  98. LeighM.
    Dec 31, 2003
    Best Game Ever!!
  99. MatthewB.
    Mar 17, 2003
    The best RPG I've ever played and I have played a lot.
  100. RyanM.
    Apr 28, 2003
    I find it physically impossible to say something bad about this game. The graphics are unbelievable, the storyline is in depth and well developed. The characters have feeling, and i can't get over the graphics. Once again my good friends at Squaresoft created another winner. Tidus rocks! Best final fantasy, but wait until x-2...

#2 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2001
#5 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2001

1. We've seen the Final Fantasy epic take us on a memorable journey, but now it all seems like it's been done before. 10 is good, great at times, but it is no longer original.
  2. The replay value is very low, and the design is flawed by an inability to skip past sequences, even in replay mode. The playability also suffers by a lack of freedom of movement.
  3. Great RPG and certainly the best one on the PS2 currently, however, I feel it isn't as great as past FF's have been due to its lack of freedom.