Final Fantasy X PlayStation 2

8.8

1. Oct 28, 2010
    In my opinion this is the best final fantasy game since FF7. The story of the game is brilliant and just makes you want to play on until you finish it. the graphics of the game are brilliant and the game also shows great character development especially for the 2 main protagonists
  2. MattH.
    Jan 11, 2002
    This is the best RPG I have ever played in my life. The graphics look like real-life people nearly, and the gameplay is fantastic. The story is one of my favorites, and the cast of characters is quite unique.
  3. LeeH.H.
    Jan 3, 2002
    This game is perfect, or at least nearly perfect. The voice acting still could have been better though. But other than that, it's just perfect.
  4. SariT.
    Feb 17, 2002
    I love the game! I have FF7, FF8, FF9,and FFX. They are all great. I love the graphics and voice activation. I love them all!
  5. Rikku02
    Feb 9, 2002
    I love the plot and the graphix are absolutely amazing! Yuna and Tidus all the way!
  6. FinalFantasyMaster
    Mar 19, 2002
    W O W!! This game is beautiful! The cut-scenes are wonderful, and its stuffed with details. Those who don't give this game an 8-10 doesnt have taste of games that deserves 100 out of 100. PS. PlayStation2 is kicking X-Box ass!!! Nothing to argue about.
  7. BigFeet
    Mar 3, 2002
    This game has awesome graphics, awesome sound, and has a real cool story.
  8. Grimm
    Mar 8, 2002
    Man, this game is the best rpg since final fatasy 8. I have to admit that ff9 fell off and compared to the other games of the series sucked, but it was still better than any other rpg out there. But ffx cannot be touched by anything, great graphics, the top rate story second only to halo and talk about the loss of lvl. 99 you can make your people soooooo strong I LOVE IT :)
  9. JustinS.
    Apr 1, 2002
    If you want the best bang for your buck, this is the game you want. It's storyline and addictively fun gameplay will have you playing non-stop.
  10. Megcmoigrr
    Apr 7, 2002
    Like FF8 (the same design team as FFX), the music by Nobuo Uematsu and the graphics are breathtaking...These are the japanese skills!
  11. AndrewJ.
    Jan 31, 2004
    Brilliant! A shame you can't skip the movies though!
  12. mitch
    May 18, 2010
    Since I bought this game a few years back, I have never looked upon another game as highly as I do with this one. Everything about it manages to strike a harmoniously-noted chord with me. The sphere grid is fantastic, since it allows for the freedom of stat building in the way that the player wants it. I found this especially great because I was able to really stretch my strategy skills Since I bought this game a few years back, I have never looked upon another game as highly as I do with this one. Everything about it manages to strike a harmoniously-noted chord with me. The sphere grid is fantastic, since it allows for the freedom of stat building in the way that the player wants it. I found this especially great because I was able to really stretch my strategy skills to the fullest by limiting the upgrades I make to my characters. And with this being the case, the same game can be played many a time and each of those times it can be done in a different manner from the last. The graphics of the cinematic visuals are breathtaking, and this emphasises the emotional side of the game to the fullest. The extra content involved, such as Dark Aeons, Celestial Weapons, the Omega Weapon, monster arena, Omega Ruins, hidden airship destinations, and, of course, Penance - makes this game very addictive and very difficult in completing one hundred percent. It's a brilliant and timeless adventure. One that I won't ever get sick of. Expand
  13. JimK.
    Dec 30, 2002
    This might posibly be the best FF out there, but maybe not. I liked the new battle system were u can switch between characters and not lose ur turn, and the whole emotional experience withing each character. The only thing i didn't like about this game is the mini-game Blitzball. REALLY BORING. But other than than the 60 hours I played this game was really enjoyable.
  14. Nick
    Oct 28, 2003
    this is one of the best games ever and i can't wait for the sequel to come out.
  15. JoelA.
    Apr 1, 2003
    This game is the best! This is the reason most of us actually went out and bought a brand-new PS2! (Including me!) I see nothing that needs redoing for the sequel!
  16. Spencer
    May 4, 2003
    Final Fantasy again puts role playing game one notch higher with the innovations presented in the current game. The battle mode is easier to understand and you wouldn't be left guessing when your next turn would be. plus the inclusion of the switching characters was a first in the series which was better. the use of the sphere grid was new to me but it served a better purpose on Final Fantasy again puts role playing game one notch higher with the innovations presented in the current game. The battle mode is easier to understand and you wouldn't be left guessing when your next turn would be. plus the inclusion of the switching characters was a first in the series which was better. the use of the sphere grid was new to me but it served a better purpose on maximazing my characters capabilities. the story and plot again is superb. there is a balance between the story and the gameplay which allows the gamer to be fully submerge in the wolrd of spira. the plot is interesting and keeps you on your toes. the inclusion of the voice dialogue is a first in the rpg world and pioneered by final fantasy. they also were able to include facial expressions which was necessary for the gamer to feel and know what the emotions the characters are trying to show. although i find the puzzles in the game to easy, there is nothing bad i can say about this game. it's another gaming classic. Expand
  17. NikiE.
    Jul 20, 2003
    ffx is AWESOME! graphics are so amazing. the twisting story line pushes you to find out what happens next soo much, that it becomes addicting. i love it so much. =D
  18. DrususDigerness
    Jun 21, 2004
    This game was great! sure Tidus"s voice is wierd, but tidus is a rome name. but the game was fantastic, abouslty. heres what I like is Tidus was a brother to the great romean genral Drusus. (seriously)
  19. AutumnY.
    May 1, 2005
    This game is awsome and made me want to play again and again.... it does bring a tear to your eyes at the end and really my favorite game ever!!!!!
  20. TylerD.
    Jul 4, 2005
    Final Fantasy X is a truly amazing game. It's definately on my top 5 list of an all-time favourite game. The graphics are beautiful, the story is a masterpiece, and the whole game is a work of art. I love this game.
  21. BradT.
    Sep 7, 2005
    This is the greatest final fantasy game made yet, but i think they might have ruined it with the sequel to it.
  22. NickH.
    Feb 7, 2006
    One of the best FF games out there, story line incredible yet emotional. All the specs of the game from graphics till game play adds up a great visual game.
  23. AVideoGameCritic
    Jun 5, 2007
    Nearly perfect game. An example of brilliant storyline and character development, as well as fully realized world. Easily the best 3-D Final Fantasy.
  24. Aug 6, 2011
    By far one of the most expansive and fun worlds in a final fantasy game, second best to ff7, but non the less it is impressive. Cut scenes bring to life this amazing storyline and the character's all have fantastic individualism. The annoying thing about this game is the addictiveness to quest for the storyline all the time and be stopped many a time for annoying battles. An impressiveBy far one of the most expansive and fun worlds in a final fantasy game, second best to ff7, but non the less it is impressive. Cut scenes bring to life this amazing storyline and the character's all have fantastic individualism. The annoying thing about this game is the addictiveness to quest for the storyline all the time and be stopped many a time for annoying battles. An impressive game. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS TO ALL RPG AND FINAL FANTASY LOVERS EVERYWHERE! Expand
  25. Feb 29, 2012
    Final Fantasy X is an amazing game. The characters are all very interesting and are developed well, and the story has a few very good twists. The battle and leveling systems are also well done, and there are a lot of sidequest for the completionist. My only problem was that the battle system did get a bit repeditive after a while. A true testament to the qulity of this game is that itFinal Fantasy X is an amazing game. The characters are all very interesting and are developed well, and the story has a few very good twists. The battle and leveling systems are also well done, and there are a lot of sidequest for the completionist. My only problem was that the battle system did get a bit repeditive after a while. A true testament to the qulity of this game is that it still holds its own against later installments. Expand
  26. Aug 7, 2012
    This was the first Final Fantasy game I played, and it was brilliant. Sure it has its weak points, but these are far outweighed by its many strengths. The graphics were great for the time, the music was enjoyable, and the story and characters were interesting. The battle system is about what you'd expect: fun, but not revolutionary, and the character leveling system is good once youThis was the first Final Fantasy game I played, and it was brilliant. Sure it has its weak points, but these are far outweighed by its many strengths. The graphics were great for the time, the music was enjoyable, and the story and characters were interesting. The battle system is about what you'd expect: fun, but not revolutionary, and the character leveling system is good once you understand it. While they could be frustrating at times, the dungeon puzzles were cool, and I actually enjoyed the blitzball mini-game. Expand
  27. Feb 21, 2014
    Having played Final Fantasy 7 first, I wasn't too thrilled with X when starting out. Tidus voice was annoying. He seemed like an idiot. Auron seemed like a badass and then he just kinda of goes away and you are stuck with wakka and lulu. But as every minute goes by, you realize how incredible the story and message is of the game. Things gets more complex every second and you becomeHaving played Final Fantasy 7 first, I wasn't too thrilled with X when starting out. Tidus voice was annoying. He seemed like an idiot. Auron seemed like a badass and then he just kinda of goes away and you are stuck with wakka and lulu. But as every minute goes by, you realize how incredible the story and message is of the game. Things gets more complex every second and you become submerged in your inner battle of who is right and wrong. And you get Auron back witch is a plus because I argue that he is the coolest Final Fantasy character. As the story progresses you find out that the major religous leaders are all corrupt and are actually dead, yuna is going to die if she completes the final summoning, Tidus is actually just a dream of the Fayth and Auron is also dead but bound to the planet until they defeat sin. Say what! And a game that is filled with hope and motivation ends with sorrow and agony. One of the best installments in the franchise. Expand
  28. Feb 1, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the game in the series that gets the most negative feedback in the form utterly false statements; yes, it is linear in the beginning, but once you get the airship, you are able to visit all the towns of the world, exploring for new weapons and defeating a plethora of optional bosses, all requiring different strategy and approach. There's hidden temples, hidden bosses, hidden weapons to acquire, a battle arena to conquer, everything. If someone says FFX to be linear in the vein of FFXIII then they are, quite simply, false. The characters are customizable in the sense that one CAN follow different paths in determining the stats of one character, and although in the end every character has maxed out the entire grid, it is by no means even remotely similar to FXIII crystarium nonsense. Similar to earlier entries, FFX also offers hidden Summons to acquire, although only usable by one character. It also features a minigame in the form of blitzball which includes a team recruiting where the player can search the world for better blitzball players. The only downside is that in the end the blitz minigame becomes broken and the player will steamroll every opponent. That's when the player realizes that he has to defeat two seasons of the game for getting Wakka's best weapon, and the task becomes quite tedious.

All that aside, FFX still has all the content that in my opinion made VII so great; a handful of optional bosses, customizable (to an extent) characters, a nice minigame (idea), hidden dungeons and secret temples. For all that, I'd probably give it 8.5 were it possible. Because it's not, 9/10.
  29. May 25, 2017
    I always critic games for the story in over 100 ways, but Final Fantasy X just nailed it in a wonderful way, it made me cry for 3/4 of the time.
    The music is literally awesome, and my favourite Final Fantasy Soundtrack is "To Zanarkand", is really good to hear.
    And what about Lulu? Omg is so perfect to be a Sourceress! And the texture are really nice to see, to be a 2001/2002 game. I
    And what about Lulu? Omg is so perfect to be a Sourceress!
    And the texture are really nice to see, to be a 2001/2002 game.
    I really love and appreciate this game from the deep of my heart.
  30. GS
    Jul 20, 2007
    One of the greatest games ever and the greatest RPG I have ever played.

#2 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2001
#5 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2001

1. We've seen the Final Fantasy epic take us on a memorable journey, but now it all seems like it's been done before. 10 is good, great at times, but it is no longer original.
  2. The replay value is very low, and the design is flawed by an inability to skip past sequences, even in replay mode. The playability also suffers by a lack of freedom of movement.
  3. Great RPG and certainly the best one on the PS2 currently, however, I feel it isn't as great as past FF's have been due to its lack of freedom.