Final Fantasy X PlayStation 2

8.8

1. Oct 28, 2010
    In my opinion this is the best final fantasy game since FF7. The story of the game is brilliant and just makes you want to play on until you finish it. the graphics of the game are brilliant and the game also shows great character development especially for the 2 main protagonists
  2. MattH.
    Jan 11, 2002
    This is the best RPG I have ever played in my life. The graphics look like real-life people nearly, and the gameplay is fantastic. The story is one of my favorites, and the cast of characters is quite unique.
  3. LeeH.H.
    Jan 3, 2002
    This game is perfect, or at least nearly perfect. The voice acting still could have been better though. But other than that, it's just perfect.
  4. SariT.
    Feb 17, 2002
    I love the game! I have FF7, FF8, FF9,and FFX. They are all great. I love the graphics and voice activation. I love them all!
  5. GeorgeC.
    Feb 20, 2002
    Great Story line, Using Sphere Grid to level up characters is better then just level up Character through battles. It's one of the Best Game, ya?
  6. Rikku02
    Feb 9, 2002
    I love the plot and the graphix are absolutely amazing! Yuna and Tidus all the way!
  7. FinalFantasyMaster
    Mar 19, 2002
    W O W!! This game is beautiful! The cut-scenes are wonderful, and its stuffed with details. Those who don't give this game an 8-10 doesnt have taste of games that deserves 100 out of 100. PS. PlayStation2 is kicking X-Box ass!!! Nothing to argue about.
  8. BigFeet
    Mar 3, 2002
    This game has awesome graphics, awesome sound, and has a real cool story.
  9. Grimm
    Mar 8, 2002
    Man, this game is the best rpg since final fatasy 8. I have to admit that ff9 fell off and compared to the other games of the series sucked, but it was still better than any other rpg out there. But ffx cannot be touched by anything, great graphics, the top rate story second only to halo and talk about the loss of lvl. 99 you can make your people soooooo strong I LOVE IT :)
  10. JustinS.
    Apr 1, 2002
    If you want the best bang for your buck, this is the game you want. It's storyline and addictively fun gameplay will have you playing non-stop.
  11. Megcmoigrr
    Apr 7, 2002
    Like FF8 (the same design team as FFX), the music by Nobuo Uematsu and the graphics are breathtaking...These are the japanese skills!
  12. AndrewJ.
    Jan 31, 2004
    Brilliant! A shame you can't skip the movies though!
  13. mitch
    May 18, 2010
    Since I bought this game a few years back, I have never looked upon another game as highly as I do with this one. Everything about it manages to strike a harmoniously-noted chord with me. The sphere grid is fantastic, since it allows for the freedom of stat building in the way that the player wants it. I found this especially great because I was able to really stretch my strategy skills Since I bought this game a few years back, I have never looked upon another game as highly as I do with this one. Everything about it manages to strike a harmoniously-noted chord with me. The sphere grid is fantastic, since it allows for the freedom of stat building in the way that the player wants it. I found this especially great because I was able to really stretch my strategy skills to the fullest by limiting the upgrades I make to my characters. And with this being the case, the same game can be played many a time and each of those times it can be done in a different manner from the last. The graphics of the cinematic visuals are breathtaking, and this emphasises the emotional side of the game to the fullest. The extra content involved, such as Dark Aeons, Celestial Weapons, the Omega Weapon, monster arena, Omega Ruins, hidden airship destinations, and, of course, Penance - makes this game very addictive and very difficult in completing one hundred percent. It's a brilliant and timeless adventure. One that I won't ever get sick of. Expand
  14. JimK.
    Dec 30, 2002
    This might posibly be the best FF out there, but maybe not. I liked the new battle system were u can switch between characters and not lose ur turn, and the whole emotional experience withing each character. The only thing i didn't like about this game is the mini-game Blitzball. REALLY BORING. But other than than the 60 hours I played this game was really enjoyable.
  15. Nick
    Oct 28, 2003
    this is one of the best games ever and i can't wait for the sequel to come out.
  16. JoelA.
    Apr 1, 2003
    This game is the best! This is the reason most of us actually went out and bought a brand-new PS2! (Including me!) I see nothing that needs redoing for the sequel!
  17. Spencer
    May 4, 2003
    Final Fantasy again puts role playing game one notch higher with the innovations presented in the current game. The battle mode is easier to understand and you wouldn't be left guessing when your next turn would be. plus the inclusion of the switching characters was a first in the series which was better. the use of the sphere grid was new to me but it served a better purpose on Final Fantasy again puts role playing game one notch higher with the innovations presented in the current game. The battle mode is easier to understand and you wouldn't be left guessing when your next turn would be. plus the inclusion of the switching characters was a first in the series which was better. the use of the sphere grid was new to me but it served a better purpose on maximazing my characters capabilities. the story and plot again is superb. there is a balance between the story and the gameplay which allows the gamer to be fully submerge in the wolrd of spira. the plot is interesting and keeps you on your toes. the inclusion of the voice dialogue is a first in the rpg world and pioneered by final fantasy. they also were able to include facial expressions which was necessary for the gamer to feel and know what the emotions the characters are trying to show. although i find the puzzles in the game to easy, there is nothing bad i can say about this game. it's another gaming classic. Expand
  18. NikiE.
    Jul 20, 2003
    ffx is AWESOME! graphics are so amazing. the twisting story line pushes you to find out what happens next soo much, that it becomes addicting. i love it so much. =D
  19. DrususDigerness
    Jun 21, 2004
    This game was great! sure Tidus"s voice is wierd, but tidus is a rome name. but the game was fantastic, abouslty. heres what I like is Tidus was a brother to the great romean genral Drusus. (seriously)
  20. AutumnY.
    May 1, 2005
    This game is awsome and made me want to play again and again.... it does bring a tear to your eyes at the end and really my favorite game ever!!!!!
  21. TylerD.
    Jul 4, 2005
    Final Fantasy X is a truly amazing game. It's definately on my top 5 list of an all-time favourite game. The graphics are beautiful, the story is a masterpiece, and the whole game is a work of art. I love this game.
  22. BradT.
    Sep 7, 2005
    This is the greatest final fantasy game made yet, but i think they might have ruined it with the sequel to it.
  23. NickH.
    Feb 7, 2006
    One of the best FF games out there, story line incredible yet emotional. All the specs of the game from graphics till game play adds up a great visual game.
  24. AVideoGameCritic
    Jun 5, 2007
    Nearly perfect game. An example of brilliant storyline and character development, as well as fully realized world. Easily the best 3-D Final Fantasy.
  25. Aug 6, 2011
    By far one of the most expansive and fun worlds in a final fantasy game, second best to ff7, but non the less it is impressive. Cut scenes bring to life this amazing storyline and the character's all have fantastic individualism. The annoying thing about this game is the addictiveness to quest for the storyline all the time and be stopped many a time for annoying battles. An impressiveBy far one of the most expansive and fun worlds in a final fantasy game, second best to ff7, but non the less it is impressive. Cut scenes bring to life this amazing storyline and the character's all have fantastic individualism. The annoying thing about this game is the addictiveness to quest for the storyline all the time and be stopped many a time for annoying battles. An impressive game. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS TO ALL RPG AND FINAL FANTASY LOVERS EVERYWHERE! Expand
  26. Feb 29, 2012
    Final Fantasy X is an amazing game. The characters are all very interesting and are developed well, and the story has a few very good twists. The battle and leveling systems are also well done, and there are a lot of sidequest for the completionist. My only problem was that the battle system did get a bit repeditive after a while. A true testament to the qulity of this game is that itFinal Fantasy X is an amazing game. The characters are all very interesting and are developed well, and the story has a few very good twists. The battle and leveling systems are also well done, and there are a lot of sidequest for the completionist. My only problem was that the battle system did get a bit repeditive after a while. A true testament to the qulity of this game is that it still holds its own against later installments. Expand
  27. Aug 7, 2012
    This was the first Final Fantasy game I played, and it was brilliant. Sure it has its weak points, but these are far outweighed by its many strengths. The graphics were great for the time, the music was enjoyable, and the story and characters were interesting. The battle system is about what you'd expect: fun, but not revolutionary, and the character leveling system is good once youThis was the first Final Fantasy game I played, and it was brilliant. Sure it has its weak points, but these are far outweighed by its many strengths. The graphics were great for the time, the music was enjoyable, and the story and characters were interesting. The battle system is about what you'd expect: fun, but not revolutionary, and the character leveling system is good once you understand it. While they could be frustrating at times, the dungeon puzzles were cool, and I actually enjoyed the blitzball mini-game. Expand
  28. GS
    Jul 20, 2007
    One of the greatest games ever and the greatest RPG I have ever played.
  29. Chris
    Aug 13, 2002
    Great storyline and an awesome battlesystem makes this a game nobody would want to miss!1
  30. LotsaBagels
    Sep 29, 2002
    Stop reading this and go buy this game immediately!!!
  31. TomB.
    Jul 9, 2007
    The BEST game ever best graphics best story and comments eg (I will defeat sin I must defeat sin) and even music
  32. Sook-JaiK.
    Oct 11, 2002
    This game made me cry, i didn't imagine the graphics were this good.
  33. Jul 14, 2011
    One of my top five games of the PS2. Second best game (FF) after FFVII. A story that pulls you too get more engaged every-time, amazing detailed cutscene graphics , that managed to stay in par ( and even surpass) most of the games of this generation . Final Fantasy X is not a game is a masterpiece.
  34. Nov 20, 2011
    To this day, my favourite game of all time. Personally, this game was perfect. The story was just brilliant, with a perfect mix of characters with different emotions throughout. The gameplay was easy to get a grip of and the levelling up system was the best I've used. Even more so than the current generation of consoles. The ending of the game was incredible, I don't think I've everTo this day, my favourite game of all time. Personally, this game was perfect. The story was just brilliant, with a perfect mix of characters with different emotions throughout. The gameplay was easy to get a grip of and the levelling up system was the best I've used. Even more so than the current generation of consoles. The ending of the game was incredible, I don't think I've ever enjoyed the climax to such a wonderful story so much. And with the secret ending it fits well with the next chapter 'Final Fantasy X-2'. I'm an avid Xbox 360 user, but there is nothing on this generation of consoles which can even match this game. And I don't think there will be for a long long time. If you haven't played this yet, DO IT! Expand
  35. Dec 26, 2012
    How dare anybody say the long cutscenes are a bad point in this game. They MAKE the game.
    Still, after 9 years of playing it a total of 4 times through, and clocking 400+ hours of gametime, there are a few scenes which I will never forget. The story is something to behold, and had me so emotionally involved that I were playing the game just to find out what happens in the next scene. The addition of Blitzball was perfect - It could be a standalone game! I played that minigame for SO long, and it had you exploring the world scouting for players while doing all of the extra stuff. And that's the thing - There is so much more to do beyond the main story! The additional Aeons to discover, finding the Celestial Weapons (A few of them was very difficult to obtain!) and the Monster Arena were simply amazing additions to the game.
    In short:
    Best story I've ever come across. Ever.
    Best progression system in any game I've ever played (the Sphere Grid)
    Best cutscenes I've ever seen in a game. (In terms of what happens in them and their involvement in the story)
    Best 'additional' tasks I've come across. (The monster arena mixed with the pursuit of celestial weapons and aeons easily doubles/triples your gametime)
  36. Jun 30, 2012
    The hype is well deserved in this installment. In my opinion VII can't even begin to match up to the masterpiece that is Final Fantasy X. Everyone usually hails VII as the masterpiece of the series, but X truly surpasses VII in almost every way. STUNNING graphics for a 2001 video game, some of the best characters set out on a journey to defeat the almighty creature Sin, who has plaguedThe hype is well deserved in this installment. In my opinion VII can't even begin to match up to the masterpiece that is Final Fantasy X. Everyone usually hails VII as the masterpiece of the series, but X truly surpasses VII in almost every way. STUNNING graphics for a 2001 video game, some of the best characters set out on a journey to defeat the almighty creature Sin, who has plagued the land of Spira for a thousand years. This plot may seem cliche but there are so many plot twists and enough character development to keep you at the edge of your seat wanting to play through to find out what happens next. This game is the pinnacle of what every RPG should strive to be, and it pulls out all the stops in the Final Fantasy world. Gone is the active time battle system in favor of a new Condition Turn Based system; allowing a strategic element rather in favor of pummelling them with magic. The new level up system known as the sphere grid is also a very nice touch. It now becomes possible to customize each character the way YOU want them to be, and not how the devs wanted them to turn out. AMAZING game, honestly the last good Final Fantasy from what I've heard, but nevertheless I highly recommend it to anyone who loves a good RPG! Expand
  37. Apr 11, 2012
    Flawless, excels in every possible area for the time of release, and still excels in certain areas today. Gameplay is absolutely spot on, the story, voice acting is still the best I have seen, the visual style is simply gorgeous, with believable transitions between gameplay and CG sequences which no other game has achieved, ever.
    Side missions, endless hours which can be spent unlocking
    Side missions, endless hours which can be spent unlocking new items which actually mean something to you as a player, have relevance to the story and are worth your time.
    You will wish that the story never ends, as this will absorb you and transport you along with Tidus to the world of Spira, this is the epitomy of gaming.
  38. Jun 8, 2012
    In my opinion, this is the best Final Fantasy game. While the voice acting can be a turn off with some characters, most of the main characters have decent voice acting. The leveling system is one of my personal favorites and the combat is quite good. Another great thing about this game is the soundtrack which is amazing.
  39. Aug 24, 2012
    The best game of Final fantasy, The best game in the world. If you don't have this game, buy it and play it... And listen "to Zanarkand". The best song in a game.
  40. Jul 15, 2012
    Final Fantasy X is a good game in many ways. The battle system is still turn based but the new way of using summons brings it to a new level. Also the game looks really good for being a early playstation 2 game. The voice acting and music are pretty good as well. The largest reason for my giving Final Fantasy X a 7/10 is it's story. Although this game is filled with memorable charactersFinal Fantasy X is a good game in many ways. The battle system is still turn based but the new way of using summons brings it to a new level. Also the game looks really good for being a early playstation 2 game. The voice acting and music are pretty good as well. The largest reason for my giving Final Fantasy X a 7/10 is it's story. Although this game is filled with memorable characters there are certain aspects of the game's story that seem somewhat unoriginal. Tidus and Yuna's love story is basically a blend of the love stories found in Final Fantasy VIII and Final Fantasy IX. Also Sin is by far the least interesting villain that the Final Fantasy series has had. Final Fantasy X then tries to fill it's villain void with Seymour but he looks really wimpy when comparing him to Sephiroth, Kefka or Ultimecia. Expand
  41. Feb 2, 2013
    Not only the best Final Fantasy, or JRPG but rather the most perfect game to ever grace the gaming industry to said date of this review. It's taken aspects of former classic Final Fantasy games and combined into a package that defines perfection and heartrending storytelling that is worthy of your time. I will keep this short, but all-in-all this will translate to buy Final Fantasy X. BuyNot only the best Final Fantasy, or JRPG but rather the most perfect game to ever grace the gaming industry to said date of this review. It's taken aspects of former classic Final Fantasy games and combined into a package that defines perfection and heartrending storytelling that is worthy of your time. I will keep this short, but all-in-all this will translate to buy Final Fantasy X. Buy it. Buy it now.

--STORY--
    You use Tidus the star player of Zanarkand's Blizball (Underwater soccer) team, the Zananrkand Abes. The monstrous whale-like monster Sin attacks Zanarkand, turning it to nothing but scrap. Tidus is transported to a distant land where he meets the grand summer Braska's daughter, Yuna. Together with their friends they set out to terminate Sin and so Tidus can return back to Zanarkand. --GAMEPLAY--
    World map movement feels identical to that of Final Fantasy 7 through to 9. While combat on the other hand returns to that of Final Fantasy (1) to 3 but with an added twist, the Conditional Turn-Based Battle. Once again turns are not timed however it shows the order in which all playable characters and enemies will make a move during battle. With the added feature of being able to adjust your active party during battle, it all feels very fresh, but also familiar to veterans of the series.

One of the two negative points of the game however lies in the game. For the most part the game doesn't feel too easy or hard. However certain bosses feel far to powerful or bosses that are suppose to be iconic and mighty are rather easy.

It can take anywhere between 50-60 hours on average to finish. Around 150 hours is the estimate for 100% completing it. Includes mastering blitzball.

--SOUNTRACK--
    The best soundtrack overall in the series. While it doesn't have as many iconic songs. As an overall soundtrack however the quality is superb and you'll find yourself listening to it well after completing this epic journey. Some fantastic songs are "To Zanarkand" and "Otherworld".

--CHARACTERS--
    While some characters can be annoying sometimes, they are undoubtable the most loveable characters to any game to date. By the end of this, when those credits are rolling, you will feel as if you developed a relationship with the characters. They are some human-like and develop so naturally.

The second bad point. The voice acting is great. However the English dubbing gave some rather serious points some comedic relief. --VISUALS--
    The best graphics that ever existed in a video game til it's release. The game's real-time graphics and pre-renders competed throughout the entire life time of it's generation. It looks on par and maybe even better than future generation console, the Nintendo Wii. While kept up with early PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 graphics.

--CONCLUSION--
    There's nothing I can say that hasn't been said before. I just wanted to reinforce that this is a game that everyone should play. Thank you for reading.

"You don’t need to play these games because you need to hear their stories or fight their battles; you need to play them because they let you have an experience unlike anything else in the world."
    - Kotaku
  42. Jan 1, 2014
    Best Final Fantasy for the PS2. Great graphics, music, battle system, characters, bosses, story, and ALL OTHERS. If you have a PS2 you have to play it!
  43. May 12, 2014
    THE GREATEST RPG OF ALL TIME AND THE BEST FINAL FANTASY. It is amazing. Top five best PS2 game ever. It is sad Squaresoft made 11 online only they had something here. I know that every Final Fantasy has different characters and a changed story. This by far the best of them all. The characters are lovable and the boss battles are some the most epic moments in gaming history. The story hasTHE GREATEST RPG OF ALL TIME AND THE BEST FINAL FANTASY. It is amazing. Top five best PS2 game ever. It is sad Squaresoft made 11 online only they had something here. I know that every Final Fantasy has different characters and a changed story. This by far the best of them all. The characters are lovable and the boss battles are some the most epic moments in gaming history. The story has twist and It is a classic style RPG unlike the latest Final Fantasy. This is the way an RPG should be. Expand
  44. Apr 11, 2013
    The one that got my hooked on final fantasy, the first one I played. One of the metacritic reviewers wrote this game has low replay value; I finished the game atleast ten times and will play it again soon. This game has a great story, plenty of things to do besides the main story, and, for its time, great graphics.
    One of the greatest RPG's made in my opinion.
  45. Nov 20, 2014
    This game remains to this day, pretty much my all-time favourite game. This game has sat at the top of the list now for some 13+ years. It brought me into the world of FF. It also contains my favourite soundtrack of any game; everything about it screams 'enjoyment.' I could write on this for days, but when you tick all the boxes and score a perfect 10 - Well, it's pretty self-explanatory.
  46. Oct 21, 2013
    Final fantasy X was the last good game of final fantasy franchise
    after that,square soft fall and become into a monster
    Final fantasy X had a better story than final fantasy VIII and IX
    it had Better characters,a good gameplay and i loved the atmosphere
    the graphic were solid. this game
    was the final fantasy of square soft...
  47. Jan 14, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. PT-BR: Um ótimo jogo, não foi o primeiro FF que joguei, pois eu ja havia jogado o III, V, VII e o VIII, e o X ele marcou por alguns motivos.

História: a história que se desenvolve em torno do protagonista e depois o mesmo desaparece é no minimo intrigante e emocionante. Os personagems que fazem parte, tambem, da história do game, não deixa ele fica vazio em nenhuma parte.

Musica: Não tem como não ouvir a musica da saga do FF, é simplesmente linda, tambem a To Zanarkand quanto a End music, que é a orquestração junto com o Zanarkand, é simplesmente emocionante e uma das melhores.

Estilo de jogo: Qualquer um que jogue FF, sabe que o estilo de jogo é praticamente por turno, entao isso excluí qualuqer comentário de haters que procura um hack'n Slash ou qualquer outro tipo de ação, pois o FF foca em história e musica. O estilo é quase que nem o dos outros games, porém as batalhas, os Aeons, tudo praticamente ficou ótimo, principalmente o grafico dos monstros e personagens. Alias, é um jogo antigo não?!?!

Universo: Como os outros jogos, o FF X contem tambem praticamente tudo dos outros FF's, porém sem com alguma inovação, o que ficou muito legal foi o bestiário, onde se batalha com os monstros especiais e bem desafiadores.

O unico contra... É que o jogo é muito curto! Mesmo as Cut scenes levarem quase 3 horas, ao total, é um universo que eu gostaria de ter mais coisas a fazer.

Conclusão, É um jogo quase PERFEITO em que voce ficará mais preso na história do que em outra bobagem de querer fechar só para falar que fechou, o fator Yuna e Tidus, tambem é algo único.

Obs: por favor, PAREM de falar do FF VII, o jogo é ótimo, concordo, mas ele não tem que ser comparado aos outros games, pois cada um tenta contar sua história.
  48. Jan 23, 2014
    Final Fantasy X is one of the most famous titles in the series alongside 7, 8, and 9. While it is indeed awesome, there were some pretty big flaws in the game that slightly ruined it for me. But before I can get to those, I have to talk about the amazing things.

The story in FFX is quite what you'd expect from a Final Fantasy game: depressing, deep, and full of angst. For long-time fans of the franchise, it won't really amaze them much. But for first-timers, it'll blow you away. It is so amazing that you'll definitely shed a tear or two. I won't go into detail due to spoilers but I will say that it's one of the best stories I've seen for an RPG. The characters in FFX are very well-done and realistic. You might even see bits and pieces of yourself in some of them. Yes they're that deep.

The gameplay in this game is very linear which is one of the flaws I was referring to earlier. Linearity in an RPG tends to turn me off. There are very few side quests and mini-games in FFX which saddened me since the side quests are so easy that anyone can do them. There's only one mini-game in X and that's blitzball. It's really fun and quite addicting! There is also something that you have to do several times in the game and it never fails to give me a headache. The Cloister of Trials. Ugh. Just thinking about it makes my head hurt.

The fighting system in FFX is turn-based where up to three characters at a time can choose amongst their regular attacks, magic, items and specials to defeat the various enemies in the way. You unlock abilities to use as you level up by advancing characters through a special grid, differing from a standard level up system. However, I found that it's very easy to manipulate and quite predictable. For both you and the enemy. Some battles do have special controls which sorta makes up for it but only slightly. Another flaw is that X has the easiest final boss in gaming history. Are you kidding me? Seriously? But the ending to the game is so sad and tear-jerking that it makes it forgiveable.

As for music, X is as good as it gets. The tracks in the game are very somber and easily match the game perfectly. You might even shed a tear or two. After beating the game, there's virtually nothing to do afterwards. The least the developers could've done is offer a New Game Plus. So X might be one of those RPGs that you'll only play once then let it collect dust on your shelf. Which I find to be very sad since it's quite good.

So if you're looking for a one-time fling, Final Fantasy X is the RPG for you. If you're looking for a long-time relationship, you might want to look elsewhere.
  49. Feb 21, 2014
    Having played Final Fantasy 7 first, I wasn't too thrilled with X when starting out. Tidus voice was annoying. He seemed like an idiot. Auron seemed like a badass and then he just kinda of goes away and you are stuck with wakka and lulu. But as every minute goes by, you realize how incredible the story and message is of the game. Things gets more complex every second and you becomeHaving played Final Fantasy 7 first, I wasn't too thrilled with X when starting out. Tidus voice was annoying. He seemed like an idiot. Auron seemed like a badass and then he just kinda of goes away and you are stuck with wakka and lulu. But as every minute goes by, you realize how incredible the story and message is of the game. Things gets more complex every second and you become submerged in your inner battle of who is right and wrong. And you get Auron back witch is a plus because I argue that he is the coolest Final Fantasy character. As the story progresses you find out that the major religous leaders are all corrupt and are actually dead, yuna is going to die if she completes the final summoning, Tidus is actually just a dream of the Fayth and Auron is also dead but bound to the planet until they defeat sin. Say what! And a game that is filled with hope and motivation ends with sorrow and agony. One of the best installments in the franchise. Expand
  50. Mar 15, 2014
    Story-10/10
    The best thing about ff is story and this one has a great one. I believe the love story between Tidus and Yuna is the best of any ff. This is the type of story of a game that keeps you hooked till the end. It makes you want to continue playing. The many great side quest like blitzball are great to keep you entertained.
    Graphics-8/10 It is one of the first ps2 games to hit
    Story-10/10
    Graphics-8/10
    It is one of the first ps2 games to hit the market but it by far has, including to this day great graphics. It hasn't aged much at all. Beautiful landscapes and cities look great in this game.
    Fun 9/10
    The game from the begin is fun and very creative especially with the battle system and sphere grid.
    Controls-10/10
    Very simple controls through out the game, in the game and in the menu for navigation.
    Ease to learn- 10/10
    Music 7/10
    Not the best for a ff but it is still decent enough. I enjoyed the battle music
    Length 10/10
    Easily one of the longest story wise and side quest wise. You could get carried away and get close to 100 hours.
    Replay ability 7/10
    Its an rpg i replay them often because of there great stories and this one is another example.
    Overall 10/10
    From the characters, to the landscapes, to the great story this ff is another great experience you must play for yourself. I believe it is recommended that every rpg fan plays this game. It is an instant classic. The interaction and connection from this game is a great example of what a true rpg should be.
  51. May 8, 2014
    While the gameplay is quite linear for a large portion of the game, during that period of linearity you can enjoy a nicely put together combat system that includes one of the best senses of strategy I've ever seen. Not only that, but throughout the game you get to enjoy a well written, properly paced, compelling, epic, and thoroughly explained story. As for characters, with FF10 being theWhile the gameplay is quite linear for a large portion of the game, during that period of linearity you can enjoy a nicely put together combat system that includes one of the best senses of strategy I've ever seen. Not only that, but throughout the game you get to enjoy a well written, properly paced, compelling, epic, and thoroughly explained story. As for characters, with FF10 being the first Final Fantasy with voice acting, the characters are each casted with voice actors who all give strong performances, especially Tara Strong (Rikku), James Arnold Taylor (Tidus), and Hedy Burress (Yuna). FF10 overall is quite possibly the greatest RPG ever made. Expand
  52. Mar 24, 2014
    Corridors, the game. Apparently, director Motomu Toriyama went several steps further in Final Fantasy 13 and made that game 1 long corridor (haven't played FFXIII). FFX is a pretty good game, albeit Auron is a better main character than Tidus, & the game is way too linear. Rated 8/10 because I love the Blitzball minigame, it alone is worth the price.
  53. Oct 15, 2014
    This was an outstanding game, and for the time frame of the game the graphics were awesome. This is one game I still play, though I'm going to have to get it on PS3 for better graphics. The storyline is amazing and as it unravels it just becomes a part of you. This to me, is probably one of the best games released on PS2.

With that being said, if you've never played this game then you

With that being said, if you've never played this game then you have to. This game is one of the ones you look back on later in life and sort of miss playing, or always remember.
  54. Dec 23, 2014
    I've loved every Final Fantasy game made before next generation systems came out (12 was terrible IMO) but none of them ever made me fall in love with the characters as perfectly as this one did. I actually cried when Tidus faded away. Imagine that, a little fat kid sitting in his chair on a Friday night crying over pixels. It happened.

This game didn't invent the premise of RPGs nor

This game didn't invent the premise of RPGs nor did it do anything overly revolutionary with regards to battle sequences or graphics, but the story was simply amazing. I grew to absolutely hate Seymour and my heart broke when Auron's true motive was revealed. The settings were whimsical without being stereotypical and the sphere grid remains my favorite RPG leveling system ever.

I felt like this game, along with FFX12 and Legend of Dragoon didn't get the praise they deserved from critics because those critics expected the same kinds of things that they currently expect from huge franchises who are stuck between a rock and a hard place. It's impossible to fully revolutionize a successful series without changing something about its successful past and I think that's evident in the lacking grades on here. I think the remaster of this game is bringing it back to life and I'm excited about it.

FFX remains one of the best games I've ever played and, as far as stories and character development go, may be the best I've ever encountered. I've played hundreds of RPGs from front to back and none of them kept me quite as engaged as FFX did. Hats off to the incredible development team and especially to the musicians who made this score; music is always forgotten in movie and game reviews!
  55. BigDaddyShaft
    Jun 28, 2002
    This is one of the most addictive RPGs I've ever played. Definitely the best Final Fantasy game since FF7 and perhaps even surpassing it. The graphics are absolutely breathtaking. The sound effects and music create as much emotion as the dialogue. The voice acting isn't exactly up to par with GTA III, but the performances are good overall (especially Wakka and Auron). A very This is one of the most addictive RPGs I've ever played. Definitely the best Final Fantasy game since FF7 and perhaps even surpassing it. The graphics are absolutely breathtaking. The sound effects and music create as much emotion as the dialogue. The voice acting isn't exactly up to par with GTA III, but the performances are good overall (especially Wakka and Auron). A very unique upgrade system allows you much more flexibility in improving your characters. Your normally physically weak spellcaster can become a great fighter if you choose, and there are dozens of abilities and skills to learn. The same goes for the battle system. While it is now strictly turned based, you have much more control over battles since you can switch the active characters at any time. Why did it take so long to think of this??? Finally, there's the plot. Although it doesn't quite unfold smoothly at times, it is very engrossing. As long as the game is, I wish that it could have been a little longer so I could have gotten to know all of the main characters a little better. Even still, the game's world was very well thought out and consistant. The writer's explain why the world is the way it is very well. Final thought: Get this game now or kick yourself later. Expand
  56. ClintH.
    Jul 15, 2005
    This game realy rocks. The game makers realy put hearts into this game.
  57. RomanR.
    Jul 27, 2007
    This is definitely the best RPG ever, in my opinoin that is. The reason I rate it so high and give it so much credit, is because there are hidden meaning in the story, and the story alone amazing. I would dock a poin down for the battles, but come on? It's an old game, they did as good as they could've with what they were working with :P. anyways, I should wrap this is, this is This is definitely the best RPG ever, in my opinoin that is. The reason I rate it so high and give it so much credit, is because there are hidden meaning in the story, and the story alone amazing. I would dock a poin down for the battles, but come on? It's an old game, they did as good as they could've with what they were working with :P. anyways, I should wrap this is, this is an amazing game, and.. I'm obsessed, haha. and that's all, and as Gatsby mentioned, it's also all on opinion and the type of person you are, I mean, if you don't like love stories at all, then this may not be the game for you, it all depends on the type of person you are. Expand
  58. GaryR.
    Jan 14, 2002
    Brilliant. There described in one word.
  59. AnthonyD.
    Feb 26, 2002
    Great game. Graphics prove why Playstation will ALWAYS be on top. Storyline was a little too straightforward. Yuna's voice was erradic and didn't flow as well as Tidus'. It was about time that the main character didn't turn out to be the strongest (ie Lord of The Rings). The XBox will NEVER be on the same level as PS2, either today or three years from now. Overall FFX Great game. Graphics prove why Playstation will ALWAYS be on top. Storyline was a little too straightforward. Yuna's voice was erradic and didn't flow as well as Tidus'. It was about time that the main character didn't turn out to be the strongest (ie Lord of The Rings). The XBox will NEVER be on the same level as PS2, either today or three years from now. Overall FFX deserves every bit of credit given. Expand
  60. Boz
    Oct 8, 2003
    This is the best final fantasy game i ever played. I played all the ff games from the 1st one on nintendo all the way to the ps2 and this game is the best ever i love the storyline the graphics everything. I know that the next few ff games are going to be better but ffx will always be the best for me.
  61. Sep 12, 2011
    A masterpiece, words cannot describe how excellent this game is. Fantastic story, memorable characters it's all there. Yes, X is one of the best Final Fantasys since VII, but it's also one of the best games ever made.
  62. DaveY.
    Oct 22, 2006
    One of the best FF games in the series.
  63. IsaacR.
    May 1, 2006
    !The Bomb! (sorry) great story.....fantastic story and it doent end with a happy ending! thats new and i like it.
  64. RobertC.
    Oct 15, 2003
    One of the best story lines Ive ever seen. so hurry with X-2.
  65. JackP.
    Mar 31, 2004
    I think this game is the best finalfantasy ever and yuna is sooooooo hot? and i wish i can marry her daddly .
  66. LeonA.
    Jan 22, 2006
    if this game does not get a ten i dont know who voted. this game has everything a smart gamer needs. Final fantasy X is a game that will leave a mark in game history.
  67. SamD.
    Mar 5, 2007
    BEST EVER! All the FF has flaws but this game is so good that the flaws can be over-looked, and I agree Tidus's voice is annoying at times.
  68. Oct 29, 2013
    This game delivers in all aspects even in the mini-game department. The characters are memorable and the story is well done. The battle system is quicker than it's predecessors and the blitzball side-quest/mini-game is very addictive once you give it the attention. The extra challenges are very entertaining and at times challenging, but they too deliver. The story is very interesting andThis game delivers in all aspects even in the mini-game department. The characters are memorable and the story is well done. The battle system is quicker than it's predecessors and the blitzball side-quest/mini-game is very addictive once you give it the attention. The extra challenges are very entertaining and at times challenging, but they too deliver. The story is very interesting and rewarding if you enjoy a good tale, this is Square in full rager. Expand
  69. Negabyte
    Jun 8, 2002
    Hands down, the best game ever!
  70. TehanuA.
    Apr 23, 2006
    WOW! How can you hate this game. Good graphics, good fighting cuts. Awsome story!! The music was also great! This is an all around good game for people whodont like to spend about 5 hours on a game and, opps, done. This game took me about 56 hours to finish. It always kept me on my feet on what could happen next.
  71. Dec 29, 2012
    Amazing graphics, excellent story, great gameplay, phenomenal soundtrack, I can go on and on but there's no need for me to. A couple of (minor) problems include relatively weak character development for some people and a few issues with voice acting.
  72. Feb 12, 2012
    My favorite RPG of all time!!! This game is an absolute masterpiece, with an amazing storyline, memorable characters, gorgeous graphics(at the time), and fun combat. I first got it when I was a kid, so I didn't quite understand what was going on. Then I played it again years later, and I fell in love! For me, this is literally the perfect RPG! Other games might get amazing reviews, butMy favorite RPG of all time!!! This game is an absolute masterpiece, with an amazing storyline, memorable characters, gorgeous graphics(at the time), and fun combat. I first got it when I was a kid, so I didn't quite understand what was going on. Then I played it again years later, and I fell in love! For me, this is literally the perfect RPG! Other games might get amazing reviews, but they will be nothing compared to this game! Expand
  73. Mar 5, 2012
    FFX is the FINAL FANTASY that more I like. Beautiful and sad story, epic characters, ingenious and artistically beautiful world, the best combat system, the best sonorous band of any FF, and finally; a game that stay in my heart forever. Good job Square, Sakaguchi, Nomura and Uematsu.
  74. Mar 7, 2012
    Normally i don't like sport games but this one was diffrent. it is soccer game where you are soccer player who is the best in the world. But the other soccer teams use magic to send you back in time to middle ages so you don't win world cup against them. you need to win the tournaments so you can go back home to presetn. i like the soccer games in this, but they have wierd minigame whereNormally i don't like sport games but this one was diffrent. it is soccer game where you are soccer player who is the best in the world. But the other soccer teams use magic to send you back in time to middle ages so you don't win world cup against them. you need to win the tournaments so you can go back home to presetn. i like the soccer games in this, but they have wierd minigame where you kill monster which i didn't understand why it was there. even so this was good game and i recommend it for sports fan Expand
  75. Chas
    Sep 10, 2005
    It looks good. The voice acting is horrendous. The story is irritating. The wakka is irritating. Tidus is irritating. Yuna is irritating. The story is hokey. FF's before this were probley hokey also but I never noticed because they weren't acted out by terrible voice acting. Its the worst daytime soap opera ever seen (and berely even played). Blitzball !!! FF has gotten It looks good. The voice acting is horrendous. The story is irritating. The wakka is irritating. Tidus is irritating. Yuna is irritating. The story is hokey. FF's before this were probley hokey also but I never noticed because they weren't acted out by terrible voice acting. Its the worst daytime soap opera ever seen (and berely even played). Blitzball !!! FF has gotten exponentially worse with every instalment since FF8. This is the would be the worst FF I've played except it has better graphics than 9 ( 9 remains the worst). 11 may be even worse than this, but its so off the cliff that its become exclusive to the group of nitwits that like this direction of garbage enough to buy a hundred and fifty bucks worth of extra equipment to do it. Square began a downward spiral after PE1 and FF8 ( 1999), and this is just more unfortunate evidence that they cant (or wont) pull out of the skid. Expand
  76. PhilM.
    May 15, 2008
    I was disappointed with this game. It opened up really well, but then just went out without a bang. First of all, Tidus is probably the worst character ever. What I like about FF7 and 8 is that you want to be the main characters. Although Cloud and Squall were weak characters on the inside, on the outside they were powerful. Tidus is a weak character both inside and out, looks like a I was disappointed with this game. It opened up really well, but then just went out without a bang. First of all, Tidus is probably the worst character ever. What I like about FF7 and 8 is that you want to be the main characters. Although Cloud and Squall were weak characters on the inside, on the outside they were powerful. Tidus is a weak character both inside and out, looks like a woman and is someone I'd never want to ever be. The story is great, however it's shown through lame dialogue done by characters you don't really care about. I thought Auran and Yuna were the only real good characters. The battles were very balanced and were awesome, however the huge long intros to start off battles became unbelievably annoying. Expand
  77. AnonymousMC
    Apr 2, 2003
    I don't see what all the hype is about. This game is hardly a game but more of an interactive movie. I like RPG games alot, but this game is weak. It's really only and RPG in a very minimalist sense.

Even as a movie goes it's rather bad. The acting, dialogue, and plot are cheesy. I didn't like the characters either. They're rather cheesy.
  78. NinjaMafia
    Aug 6, 2003
    This game is really not my type of game. The game is extremeley easy. The voice actors are horrible, the storyline was pretty bad. The characters were even bad, especially Seymor. The only thing this game really had going for it was the spere grid, which is one of the reasons this game is so easy. However if they can tweak the spere grid, make the game harder, adn include a decent story This game is really not my type of game. The game is extremeley easy. The voice actors are horrible, the storyline was pretty bad. The characters were even bad, especially Seymor. The only thing this game really had going for it was the spere grid, which is one of the reasons this game is so easy. However if they can tweak the spere grid, make the game harder, adn include a decent story I'll definitely buy another game like this. Expand
  79. AnonymousMC
    Aug 26, 2008
    The worst FF in my book. Annoying characters, boring world, way too melodramatic sappy story, way too slow and boring gameplay. The music isn't all that great either and the imagery just falls apart all the time-way too many eye burning colors on every character and place. The whole thing is like a japanese soap opera with a japanese pop star as a main character+ some magic summoner stuff.
  80. anonymous
    Oct 4, 2009
    This game is simply horrible. The main characters are awful and largely unlikable, the character design is Tetsuya Nomura at his worst, and the storyline is convoluted. The supposedly great voice acting is embarrassing to listen to, with lines being delivered awkwardly. The sphere grid system affords the player some flexibility to stat growth, but in practice it usually just requires the This game is simply horrible. The main characters are awful and largely unlikable, the character design is Tetsuya Nomura at his worst, and the storyline is convoluted. The supposedly great voice acting is embarrassing to listen to, with lines being delivered awkwardly. The sphere grid system affords the player some flexibility to stat growth, but in practice it usually just requires the player do what used to be automatic in the SNES era games. The battle system itself is simple and fairly easy to understand, but incredibly slow. The only thing I would consider to be any good would be the music composition. It seems to me that reviewers were largely distracted with the novelty of voice acting and at-the-time tremendous FMVs to notice ruinous flaws and poor game design decisions. Expand
  81. AnonymousMC
    Sep 18, 2006
    Compared to any Final Fantasy before it, this game is crap. It's too easy, too boring, and too much like a movie. Follow the big red arrow and summon Bahamut FTW~! This is the only Final Fantasy in which every single male character is annoying. And that's not saying the girls aren't annoying. Remember, the best thing about this game is its looks.
  82. MichaelE.
    Jun 7, 2005
    I give the game a 6 because i got the dark aeon and the new game + is missing in the americain one.So squaresoft it over me.it`s feel like i pay for a beta (the game is non complete).
  83. AkeemG.
    Feb 20, 2007
    All of the Final Fantasy games for the PlayStation 2 SUCK!, especially the sequel to this one which is Final Fantasy 10-2. All of them are nothing but a bunch of crap compared to Final Fantasy 7,8,and9 which were made for the psone.If you have ever played 2 out of 3 of the Final Fantasy games for the psone you will be VERY,VERY,VERY disappointed when you play any of the ones for the All of the Final Fantasy games for the PlayStation 2 SUCK!, especially the sequel to this one which is Final Fantasy 10-2. All of them are nothing but a bunch of crap compared to Final Fantasy 7,8,and9 which were made for the psone.If you have ever played 2 out of 3 of the Final Fantasy games for the psone you will be VERY,VERY,VERY disappointed when you play any of the ones for the ps2.The only thing that gets better with each Final Fantasy is the graphics,but graphics alone cannot make a good game.What the new final fantasy games are lacking is energizing battle music,an awesome battle system,a gripping story and very interesting characters. The only reasons anybody could ever played a Final Fantasy game for the PS2 without being disappointed in it in some way is if you have never played any of the previous ones on the psone or if you have never experienced The Legend of Dragoon,also for the psone. If you're looking for a real turn based game you should definitely check out Xenosaga. Expand
  84. JamesB.
    Mar 16, 2007
    This game is highly overrated. This game got really boring after some time for me - I mean, it seemed like I was fighting the same six monsters over and over again, but each time they were a different color. The story is great and highly original, but it just doesn't balance out the constant feeling of repetitiveness that makes me want to go and play something else.
  85. NicholasB.
    Mar 1, 2002
    Terrible game, good graphics, terrible story, bad videos an advanced pokemon. Awful.
    Jul 14, 2002
    FF7 was way better. The story was stupid. Once you got past Macalania it was super boring. Yunalesca was too hard. The first time it took me a month to beat her.
  87. JackR.
    Sep 9, 2003
    This game seriously blew. The graphics were great (hence the 5 rating), but i think it's a testament to how completely boring the game is when you consider that I've only beaten it just now-- and it's an easy game! I say bring back FF7-- that game rocked.
  88. BlueFalcon
    Jul 21, 2005
    It's like you're watching a slow movie, but have to keep pressing the X button for it to continue. The actual gameplay is brainless, and linear. Your mom could get through the game just as fast and skillfully as you. The sphere grid appears to add depth to the character building, but in reality it takes away any depth by forcing you to improve your character in specific It's like you're watching a slow movie, but have to keep pressing the X button for it to continue. The actual gameplay is brainless, and linear. Your mom could get through the game just as fast and skillfully as you. The sphere grid appears to add depth to the character building, but in reality it takes away any depth by forcing you to improve your character in specific predetermined ways. With all that said, the game does have some nice cinematic moments, and it's not unplayable. I'll give it a 5, since I'd take approximately half of the ps2 library over this one. Expand
  89. M.Ous
    Sep 2, 2006
    Bad animation and bad graphics date this as an early PS2 title. But bad character designs, voice acting, story, and game play are inexcusable. I really can't be bothered with learning how to play water dodgeball with 20 buttons in an RPG.
  90. CyrilD.
    Dec 30, 2001
    Too nice to say something.
  91. ReinholdW.H.
    May 31, 2002
    This title falls into the same trap as its predecessors: it's not really a GAME. Really. You have little to no control over the action. You are picked up and moved from place to place by tedious and poorly-scripted cutscenes. Only sparingly do you ever get to fight anything. I wish Square would make more FF titles like those on the NES and SNES and give players control and a sense of This title falls into the same trap as its predecessors: it's not really a GAME. Really. You have little to no control over the action. You are picked up and moved from place to place by tedious and poorly-scripted cutscenes. Only sparingly do you ever get to fight anything. I wish Square would make more FF titles like those on the NES and SNES and give players control and a sense of adventure, instead of the role of a bystander. Expand
  92. SnoopK.
    Sep 17, 2002
    It's tha bomb.
  93. JonathanD.
    Sep 18, 2002
    Pros: AMAZING GRAPHICS (!!!!!), good music, excellent voice acting (on par with MGS and Lunar), awesome battle system, compelling storyline. Cons: annoying frequency of random battles, blitzball, and an EXTREMELY LINEAR quest (I hate that). Special Notes: didn't sweep me up as much as FFs VI-IX. The Verdict: buy it. If you can't do that, play this game somehow. It's very Pros: AMAZING GRAPHICS (!!!!!), good music, excellent voice acting (on par with MGS and Lunar), awesome battle system, compelling storyline. Cons: annoying frequency of random battles, blitzball, and an EXTREMELY LINEAR quest (I hate that). Special Notes: didn't sweep me up as much as FFs VI-IX. The Verdict: buy it. If you can't do that, play this game somehow. It's very good, despite its minor flaws. Collapse
  94. Uter
    Oct 28, 2003
    I don't see the appeal of this series as a whole. I tried to like it and invested around 15 hours, but it simply wasn't engaging. The graphics don't impress me either. Talk about poor animation for Tidus. He's only got a walking animation, and a running animation - it looks just so unnatural, especially when he moves from one into the other. The combat rarely involves I don't see the appeal of this series as a whole. I tried to like it and invested around 15 hours, but it simply wasn't engaging. The graphics don't impress me either. Talk about poor animation for Tidus. He's only got a walking animation, and a running animation - it looks just so unnatural, especially when he moves from one into the other. The combat rarely involves strategy, and the game progresses in an unbareably linear way (hint* move forward). The level up system looks complex and deep, but in reality it's very simple. Usually you don't even get to choose what attribute you want to improve, just follow along a set path of leveling up. The only thing that I somewhat liked was the airy fairy story. While wimpy and overly pretend religious, it was entertaining and did make me care about the characters. Even if Tidus is the type of guy you might find in a beauty salon in real life. One more thing I'll complain about... The cut scenes all have different graphical styles and were done by different artists. Some look amazingly real, and others look not quite perfect versions of the characters you see during gameplay. Expand
  95. Marc444
    May 20, 2003
    I just cannot believe how shocking Yuna's voice acting is... and how whiney Tidius sounds. The characters are so irritating, it's beyond the beyond. The game would have been infinitely more enjoyable if they made the time between battles and level explorations random, rather then exactly 20 seconds, sometimes even less. So all you can do is walk a few steps and then... BANG! you I just cannot believe how shocking Yuna's voice acting is... and how whiney Tidius sounds. The characters are so irritating, it's beyond the beyond. The game would have been infinitely more enjoyable if they made the time between battles and level explorations random, rather then exactly 20 seconds, sometimes even less. So all you can do is walk a few steps and then... BANG! you are in a battle. It kills the ability to explore completely!!! What were these guys thinking???? I'm not an RPG player, but I have to say it doesnt take one to see that they made some stupid decisions here. It could have been so much better, with not that much change. Expand
  96. EagleEye
    May 7, 2003
    This is good, I like the story and characters but its not a real game, you spend 80% of your time watching cut scenes and i wish i was being over the top but thats for real. Major dissapointment after ff7.... i certainly won't be goin for another ff until its a game again.
  97. AnonymousMC
    Apr 9, 2004
    Wat the hell is wrong with u idiots?! is there soms thing fun about watching people fight whyle u sit on the couch picking ur ass?? GOD no story no fun NO action. This game is not even worth crap.And jack.p U WANT TO MARRY A VIDO GAME CHARICTER?!!!!!!!!!!! thats kinda sad get some help
  98. Dave
    Jun 18, 2006
    The most amazing thing about this game for me is how many people have bought into the hype surrounding it. In fact I use the word 'game' in its loosest sense, because in truth this is more of a movie, with brief 'game' sequences occasionally. The story is entirely linear, and most of the time you are just sitting watching mind-numbing boring movie sequences which you The most amazing thing about this game for me is how many people have bought into the hype surrounding it. In fact I use the word 'game' in its loosest sense, because in truth this is more of a movie, with brief 'game' sequences occasionally. The story is entirely linear, and most of the time you are just sitting watching mind-numbing boring movie sequences which you CANNOT SKIP! This is the first FF game I've played and I gather the other games in the series are much better, and don't consist of 90% movies which you can't skip. So I'm not slating the whole FF franchise but judging this game on its own merits, there is nothing to recommend it at all. If you want to watch a movie, go to the cinema or rent a DVD. Expand
  99. Eeganrac
    Jul 31, 2006
    Great graphics, boring story, voice acting sucks. Not to mention, i thought i bought a game with cut scenes, not a movie with some interaction. Way too many cut scenes that you can't friggin skip.
  100. Noir
    Aug 7, 2006
    I'm late to the game with this one, but it's pretty clear that this isn't really a video game, per se. It's more like a long, drawn out anime. I quickly grew tired of mundane tasks, like having my character walk from one cut scene to another. There just isn't enough real interaction to make this a video game, unfortunately. I will say, the cut scenes are beautiful I'm late to the game with this one, but it's pretty clear that this isn't really a video game, per se. It's more like a long, drawn out anime. I quickly grew tired of mundane tasks, like having my character walk from one cut scene to another. There just isn't enough real interaction to make this a video game, unfortunately. I will say, the cut scenes are beautiful to look at, but when it comes down to it, I could see a beautiful anime by renting one. Expand

1. We've seen the Final Fantasy epic take us on a memorable journey, but now it all seems like it's been done before. 10 is good, great at times, but it is no longer original.
  2. The replay value is very low, and the design is flawed by an inability to skip past sequences, even in replay mode. The playability also suffers by a lack of freedom of movement.
  3. Great RPG and certainly the best one on the PS2 currently, however, I feel it isn't as great as past FF's have been due to its lack of freedom.