6.8

1. Yomurphy
    Jun 5, 2004
    Greatest game i ever played....period.
  2. Jul 10, 2013
    Once you get over the initial macro creation the game is boundless fun. Great class and crafting systems. Would play again if it were to ever become F2P.
  3. Sep 7, 2013
    Oh my Final Fantasy XI what can I say, it is the first MMO I truly fell in love with. As all my reviews with MMO’s start out the same as I’ve been playing MMO most all my life and they are my favorite type of game to play. As this review is being done on 9/7/2013 that’s how I’ll be looking at the game as it stands now. I’ve already done a PC review on this so check that out as for thisOh my Final Fantasy XI what can I say, it is the first MMO I truly fell in love with. As all my reviews with MMO’s start out the same as I’ve been playing MMO most all my life and they are my favorite type of game to play. As this review is being done on 9/7/2013 that’s how I’ll be looking at the game as it stands now. I’ve already done a PC review on this so check that out as for this review will be regarding the ps2 version of the game. It should be noted that you can still play on the PS2 but the latest expansion is unavailable to anyone outside of the JP market. It’s the same game that you will get on any other platform it’s available on, but with muddier graphics and longer load times. Right now if you need to play it on a console and don’t have a PC just get the XBOX 360 version of the game, it’s still fully supported and text textures are better for HDTV’s. Expand
  4. JoeG.
    Mar 29, 2004
    This game is rock-out awesome! I don't care that this is online-only and $12.95 (or more) a month to play, it rocks to no end. Given also that it comes with the HDD needed, AS WELL AS TETRA-MASTER, it rocks! If you're a fan of any RPG game, you should definitely give this a try.
  5. EricB.
    Jul 17, 2004
    This game is absloutley brilliant and I love it.....I cant stop playing it....it is just too much fun.
  6. WillyC.
    Dec 2, 2003
    AMAZING!
  7. JonZ.
    Sep 10, 2004
    Im up to 800 hours, 3000 more to go and cant wait!!! Everyone should give this one a shot.
  8. DaveB.
    Sep 27, 2005
    Very large and interesting world with so many players you allways have someone to play with and talk to. joining a good guild can really make your gameplay much more fun.
  9. JoseV.
    Aug 16, 2006
    Great game with good graphic, awesome battle system for RGP genre game, though really addicting but it's a fun game.
  10. GeorgeC.
    Mar 28, 2004
    Fun and addicting, not for everyone tho, but it certainly is for me^^
  11. RobertBoothJ.
    Jun 13, 2004
    It is brill, it is the best final fantasy ever!
  12. StevenC.
    Jul 25, 2005
    This is realy as you can get to living a vertual life. This game is so adictive that you will spend all your wakling life trying to get back on to play with your friends and take on the world of vana'dile with 100s of diffrent quest with rewards to help enhance you characters and missions to incress your rank this game is one not to miss.
  13. BryanS.
    Dec 6, 2006
    Great story and characters. Can't believe it didn't get a higher rating.
  14. chadcardeiro
    Jan 17, 2008
    One of the best game i ever played.
    I bought when i found out it is playable on the ps3 for only 40 bucks with all 4 expansion packs you just download a free pack from the psn store, install the game an setup your account an your ready to go.
    Well worth the 40 bucks.

1. If FFXI gets its hooks into you, you may find yourself not buying any other games for a long time.
    For many, Final Fantasy XI will be the Holy Grail of nonlinearity: a wide-open RPG universe with Final Fantasy flair, defined by its players as much as its developers, beloved for all its flaws. Love it or hate it, there’s nothing like it on your PS2.
  3. It is so involving and addictive that perhaps Sony and Square Enix should consider putting a warning label on the box, something like “Caution: life altering game contained within”.