6.9

1. Sep 7, 2013
    Oh my Final Fantasy XI what can I say, it is the first MMO I truly fell in love with. As all my reviews with MMO’s start out the same as I’ve been playing MMO most all my life and they are my favorite type of game to play. As this review is being done on 9/7/2013 that’s how I’ll be looking at the game as it stands now. I’ve already done a PC review on this so check that out as for this review will be regarding the ps2 version of the game. It should be noted that you can still play on the PS2 but the latest expansion is unavailable to anyone outside of the JP market. It’s the same game that you will get on any other platform it’s available on, but with muddier graphics and longer load times. Right now if you need to play it on a console and don’t have a PC just get the XBOX 360 version of the game, it’s still fully supported and text textures are better for HDTV’s. Expand
  2. Jul 10, 2013
    Once you get over the initial macro creation the game is boundless fun. Great class and crafting systems. Would play again if it were to ever become F2P.

1. If FFXI gets its hooks into you, you may find yourself not buying any other games for a long time.
    For many, Final Fantasy XI will be the Holy Grail of nonlinearity: a wide-open RPG universe with Final Fantasy flair, defined by its players as much as its developers, beloved for all its flaws. Love it or hate it, there’s nothing like it on your PS2.
  3. It is so involving and addictive that perhaps Sony and Square Enix should consider putting a warning label on the box, something like “Caution: life altering game contained within”.