Final Fantasy XII PlayStation 2

7.6

1. Aug 4, 2016
    I love this game from start to finish. This game has all I wanted to see. Great rpg, good story, memorable gameplay and good gameplay, and great characters. And much more.
  2. May 20, 2016
    I don't understand all the hate that this game receives. This is by far my favorite FF game.
    Battle system is a fun balance of action and tactical thinking.
    Graphics are amazing for a PS2 game. Story... Story is the best in the series! Mature and interesting, with great set of characters (Balthier is my favorite character in FF games). This game deserves much more positive attention,
    Battle system is a fun balance of action and tactical thinking.
    Graphics are amazing for a PS2 game.
    This game deserves much more positive attention, especially since most horrible FF13 sold twice as much as this awesome game.
  3. May 10, 2016
    Ok. If you've played FFX you'll know FFXII is worse. Yes, both are very different and FFXII has a completely different combat system. The best of this game is its graphics. The cinematic videos are really stunning and the best parts are at begining and at the end of this game. In my opinion, one of its flaws, apart that is way too long, is that when you are more or less in the middle ofOk. If you've played FFX you'll know FFXII is worse. Yes, both are very different and FFXII has a completely different combat system. The best of this game is its graphics. The cinematic videos are really stunning and the best parts are at begining and at the end of this game. In my opinion, one of its flaws, apart that is way too long, is that when you are more or less in the middle of the game the story becomes very poor, and I missed more conversations and cinematic. I would rated with and 8'5. I mean, as I said, the best is the graphics, the plot is also interesting, the battle system you have to get use to it and the soundtrack it's good but nothing special. What I can assure you is that you'll be entertained. Expand
  4. Mar 22, 2016
    I will start off by saying that alot of die hard FF fans may not get attached to this game, but IMO it definitely has its' own unique identity that is worth observing. FF 1 - FF 9 will always be a special set for me and I consider these "classic," but like FF10 this game brings something different and interesting. First, FF12 does look pretty nice on the PS2 and I do enjoy the new combatI will start off by saying that alot of die hard FF fans may not get attached to this game, but IMO it definitely has its' own unique identity that is worth observing. FF 1 - FF 9 will always be a special set for me and I consider these "classic," but like FF10 this game brings something different and interesting. First, FF12 does look pretty nice on the PS2 and I do enjoy the new combat system where it is not as turn-based and you can move around while attacking. Also, even though the maps aren't completely non-linear, they do a much better job compared to 10 and 10-2. This game is a challenge for sure, you will get stuck in certain places and have to train to progress. There is nothing wrong with this, its the way the game is meant to be. Anyone remember how hard FF1 was at first? It was actually unbearable at certain points :) FF 12 brings in fresh ideas, but I am not a huge fan of the crystarium leveling and I think this is where I miss the other games the most. There are many people though that really enjoy this system, you may be one of them! I also have to say that I am really not a fan of the time spent on Cocoon, kind of a slow start to a FF game and this is the linear part of the game. If you are a fan of the series though, I believe they did make some improvements but they can even take it further. Expand
  5. Mar 18, 2016
    Best RPG I have ever played. Wide world-Wide gameplay-Fantastic music-Awesome graphics-Amazing locations and arenas-Beautiful artistic design-Superb sound effects
    Simply the best PS2 game
  6. Dec 21, 2015
    This is my favourite Final Fantasy game, after Final Fantasy 7. It's incredible how it feels like the Final Fantasy Tactics, even the storyline core plays with the same themes (human beings playing with unknown powers gone bad). I love Team Ivalice. I love FFXII, FFT and Vagrant Story. Those are my kind of games. War and Dark Fantasy at it's finest. Some people will never understandThis is my favourite Final Fantasy game, after Final Fantasy 7. It's incredible how it feels like the Final Fantasy Tactics, even the storyline core plays with the same themes (human beings playing with unknown powers gone bad). I love Team Ivalice. I love FFXII, FFT and Vagrant Story. Those are my kind of games. War and Dark Fantasy at it's finest. Some people will never understand because they want FF series to be the same thing over and over. I'm glad this one wasn't. Expand
  7. Nov 21, 2015
    I think this game is a very expansive and rewarding experience for any gamer, the amount of work put into every last detail such as the side quests, the immerse story it delivers only to dwell you into the game that much more, everything is brilliantly crafted together from the political to the personal and emotional. Not only is this a very difficult thing to achieve while also fluentlyI think this game is a very expansive and rewarding experience for any gamer, the amount of work put into every last detail such as the side quests, the immerse story it delivers only to dwell you into the game that much more, everything is brilliantly crafted together from the political to the personal and emotional. Not only is this a very difficult thing to achieve while also fluently incorporating this into the world of Ivalice, which I feel as we players tend to forget this is a game that wanted to present a perfect balance but as its influence being politics/war and worldly themes, with that in mind I find that its ties to the characters within plot was nothing less nor short than brilliant, giving excitement for those of the characters and the other NPCs and even presenting some good antagonists whom also play fantastic plot twisting roles in such a tale, to me making it one of the more complex darker and more mature themed story lines prior seen in the franchise thus far. To enjoy a tale such as this you must really enjoy the story for what it is worth, and let it sort of take you away as you play sort of street urchin as you get swept in way over your head. The story is this games strongest point, and given so much at the table, no your right it can't perfect, but then again nothing is. As for the graphics little need be said, amazing choice of colors for the game over all I see no problems the graphics along with all the CGI work makes this game a shame to be a PS2 title quite frankly, and here we go with the music, i will admit its not the classic FF jingles you are used to hearing from Nobue , but given the game taking place in Ivalice , the soundtrack holds up pretty damn good. Lastly i sort of feel that maybe Zodiac Job system should have been implemented right away at the games first release, the original format is just fine, it really expresses the flexibility this game tries to imbue. Overall this in my opinion has gone down as a classic, the Last of Final Fantasy as we once knew it, with 13, and 14 we only hope the 15 will be the next winner, but as for Final Fantasy XII, we got ourselves a winner Expand
  8. Sep 24, 2015
    El mejor final fantasy hasta la fecha, muy infravalorado, muy adelantado a su tiempo, una aventura que fácil puede durar más de 130 horas si eliges terminarlo al 100% con todas sus misiones secundarias, los enemigos son un reto, es una obra maestra.
  9. Jul 6, 2015
    The game changes the gameplay of Final Fantasy series totally, is confusing at the beginning but becames very enjoyable at the end, the story is not that interesting but its still ok, the open world will make you play this for hours and hours, it´s a huge game and a must have for your collection
  10. May 27, 2015
    This was my 1st Final Fantasy Game and my first impressions of it were not good let me tell ya. I used to hate this game I wanted to throw it out the window but for some reason I didn't.

~ Story ~ The story starts off with Reks who in my opinion would have made a better protagonist than Vaan but lets move on. After doing Roxas's Story I mean Reks Story you move on to Sora's Story I

~ Story ~

The story starts off with Reks who in my opinion would have made a better protagonist than Vaan but lets move on. After doing Roxas's Story I mean Reks Story you move on to Sora's Story I mean Vaan's Story. It starts off like this Vaan kills some rats than he goes on a hunting quest to kill a tomato so he can make tomato soup than he goes to Giza Plains to make a sunstone because the game wants to kill time. After that Vaan decides to go steal from the Castle Treasury because he read too many Sly Cooper Comics everything goes accordingly until he runs into Fran & Balthier and from there Vaan's long adventure begins.

In all seriousness the story is actually political and war like and I love that. I also love the dialogue in this game even if there isn't enough of it. Overall decent story.

~ Characters ~

Vaan - he wants revenge against the empire that stole his home of Dalmasca and his brother Reks. I consider Vaan a team player even if others don't. Vaan's outfit sucks I have no idea what Tetsuya Nomura was thinking.

Penelo - has no role in this story other than to watch over Vaan she really has no purpose in this story whatsoever and I don't consider her a team player.

Ashelia B'nargin Dalmasca - She seeks peace yet also looms towards revenge she seeks to fight yet questions the methods for which she should do so she is a very interesting character and I wish she had more dialogue.

Basch Fon Rosenberg - A Fugitive seeking to atone for crimes he didn't commit. Freedom has blessed him with a chance to redeem himself and to free Dalmasca of Archadian Rule.

Balthier - The best character in this game and the guy Vaan aspires to become in the future.

Fran - She needs way more dialogue time. And her ears are just weird.

~ Sound ~

Not the best music ever but I did enjoy Soundtrack moderately. Some of the songs in the game now give me huge nostalgia and I like them more than I did when I 1st started playing this game.

~ Graphics ~

If only you were here you would hear me whistling to the masterpiece of FFXII's Graphics. My only issue is the attack & magic animations look kind of lame sometimes.

~ Gameplay ~

Waiting For An Attack - This was why I hated this game. You have to wait for a bar to load to attack? What kind of stupid **** is this?[In my head]. The characters have no abilities at all you only have Attack Techniks and various Magic Spells. Enemies all have different abilities and magic attacks what do you have? Oh you only have Attack useless Techniks & Magic wow. The game does get better and alot more fun as you move along since the bar loads way faster and you get Haste which speeds it up even more.

Mist Quickening - This is basically your trump card if your about to die or you just want to beat a boss quickly. But it takes away all your MP and you have to continuously press R2 and then press 1 of either Triangle Square Circle or X Buttons to do it right, you miss and all your MP is gone no take backs or do overs and if you need to heal your party your pretty much screwed unless you brought enough potions.

License Board - I love the License Board why? Because it looks so cool I feel like I'm playing a game inside a game when I use it. To gain the use of weapons armor magic techniks quickenings or summons you get in the game you need to get the License for it in the License Board through the use of LP[License Points] you'll get License Points from defeating monsters. The License Board can restrict things sometimes but I still think its fun to use and its not hard to get LP.

Gambits - Gambits are basically auto commands you set up in the main menu such as - Attack Nearby Enemies or When Poisoned - Use Antidote they come in useful for some situations like when your fighting a boss and you don't feel like using an Antidote while your fighting set up a Gambit for Balthier to use an antidote on you so you don't have to. There's alot of Gambits, you'll either find some or buy some.

Overall - The Gameplay is fun even if waiting for a bar to load to attack sounds stupid and retarded it is fun.

~ In The End ~

In the beginning I considered FFXII to be the worst game I ever played and I wished to throw into the deepest depths of fiery hell and watch it burn in the fire but after 3 years of trying to beat this stupid game the FFXII Strategy Guide my friend gave me and me beating the game again twice enjoying it alot more than the 1st time I have to say this is 1 of my favorite PS2 Games and I love it alot and I hope others will love it as well
  11. May 3, 2015
    Final Fantasy XII is simply a masterpiece in every single aspect of the game, this work of art should be undoubtedly fully enjoyed by those more mature gamers.
  12. Jan 5, 2015
    My favorite of all the final fantasy games, truly a work of art, even today most new gen console games can't hold a candle to this in terms of story, character development, combat/Strategy and environment.
    If we get a HD remake I'll buy it in heart beat.
  13. Nov 12, 2014
    I've played nearly every core game in the Final Fantasy, and this one has my favorite battle system. Your characters run around and fight in real time instead of having to wait through a cut scene animation for every battle.

The story is a bit weak compared to other games in the series. There are amazing characters, but I don't feel like the game spent enough time developing them. That is to say, the story was still better than what you'll find in most other games, but it wasn't Final Fantasy quality. However, the battle system totally makes up for it. 10/10 for enjoyment.
  14. Nov 2, 2014
    For a Final Fantasy game, it's not great. Don't get me wrong, it was a pretty good game, but not FF VI or VII quality. I started to question the series when XI came out. I'm not a big fan of MMORPG's and when I looked at the combat in this game, and saw how similar it looked to XI, I was hesitant to get it. But I got it because of my inner fanboy. The gameplay worked out well in the end,For a Final Fantasy game, it's not great. Don't get me wrong, it was a pretty good game, but not FF VI or VII quality. I started to question the series when XI came out. I'm not a big fan of MMORPG's and when I looked at the combat in this game, and saw how similar it looked to XI, I was hesitant to get it. But I got it because of my inner fanboy. The gameplay worked out well in the end, although it's not the most engaging for me. The story took a lot of ideas from Star Wars making this game pretty unoriginal. Although, the environments, and the lengthy gameplay made up for some of its flaws. One of my biggest complaints though, would have to be the main character. Like many people have said, he's pretty much pointless to the story and you can finish the game without even leveling him up after getting more party members. But again, a lot of its strong points make up for these flaws in the game. If you're looking for a game to start the FF series with, don't start with this. But, if you are already familiar with the series, then give this a try. 9/10 Expand
  15. Oct 19, 2014
    This game is my favorite PS2 game of all time! I know there are many people that don't like this game, but thats probably because they are used to the old style final fantasy games of turn-based and random encounters. Final Fantasy XII gets rid of that and lets you choose which enemies to fight, when to fight them, and how to fight them. The "how to fight them" part is where the gambitsThis game is my favorite PS2 game of all time! I know there are many people that don't like this game, but thats probably because they are used to the old style final fantasy games of turn-based and random encounters. Final Fantasy XII gets rid of that and lets you choose which enemies to fight, when to fight them, and how to fight them. The "how to fight them" part is where the gambits come into play. Gambits are automatic commands that excute under certain conditions and can be set up for each of the characters. For example, instead of repeatedly pressing attack when your ATB gauge fills up, you can set up a gambit to do that for you. This eliminates the repetitive and time consuming process of navigating through the menus to find the action you wish to take. Gambits are prioritized with the most important at the top of the list and the least important at the bottom. As you progress through the game however, the large diversity of gambits combined with the growing number of gambits you can set up can make the game (if done properly) play by itself without needing your input. So I recommend that you only use a few basic gambits to make sure that doesn't happen.

Here are some pros and cons to the game:

Pros:
    - excellent battle system (no random encounters; enemies are seen from a distance and battles are done in real time without switching between exploration mode and battle mode)
    - gambits make battles much more convenient
    - open world; many large areas in the game to explore (and freedom to do so)
    - many optional quests gives more gameplay value
    - boss fights are fun
    - freedom to customize characters' weapons, armor, and abilities.
    - graphics are amazing! (for PS2)
    - great diverse soundtrack
    - story is good (if understood)
    - The world of Ivalice and its history is excellently created
    - lots of optional character interaction

Cons:
    - gambits may make the game play by itself
    - story is boring and sometimes confusing
    - main characters aren't really interesting and don't go through much change througout the story
    - boss fights can be very long at times (but depending on your play-style, it can be a pro or con)

Basically, this is kind of like a single player MMO because of all the freedoms this game allows you to have. If you are a fan of MMOs and don't mind the single player aspect, this is the game for you!

A masterpiece of the PS2 era and a definite 10/10!
  16. Sep 22, 2014
    This really is a vegemite game; you either love it or hate it.

This really is a vegemite game; you either love it or hate it.

The gameplay is probably the biggest argue point of the entire game. I found the Gambit system to be truly refreshing, easy to work with, versatile and fun. It allowed for so many combinations, and your Gambit setup truly does reflect your play style. That being said, many people hated it with a passion, and I can see why. Yes, it had all these great points, but at times it did feel as if you were taking a back seat and just watching your characters do all the work. I do think that these people screaming 'IT'S THE WORST SYSTEM EVER IT'S SO BORING' are exaggerating and need to sit down and take a breath, however.

The storyline is far different from the other Final Fantasy's. While I didn't like the massive amounts of text at the start and in big events, and got a bit bored with having to read paragraphs at a time all to end up skimming over it, getting confused later on, and having to Wiki what I missed, the storyline was a fairly strong one, allowing the player to be immersed in the world of Ivalice.

Characters were a high point of the game. Vaan reminded me of Tidus a lot, and Penelo was cute and all, but where I really fell in love with the characters was with Fran and Balthier. Their relationship was better than any we see between characters in the latest FF games. I must admit, they're my OTP.

Graphics, not much needs to be said here, they were absolutely great for a PS2 game, and even for today's standards.

Overall, 8/10. 7/10 for gameplay, 8/10 for story, 9/10 for characters, and 9/10 for graphics. Recommend for anyone with patience and who can recognise a good game.
  17. Sep 14, 2014
    Epico e grandioso, com uma grande historia , jogabilidade e suas sideguest o jogo o prende por horas sem vc nem ao menos perceber. Mas um grande Final Fantasy da Square.
  18. Aug 31, 2014
    One of the if not THE best game on PS2.
    +This game features an exceptional open world with easily the best graphics on PS2. One of the best soundtracks ever (approx 5 hours of top quality OST).
    +The combat system is the most innovative and original I have ever seen in an RPG. (the gambit system rules). It may be a bit complex at first, but you soon get used to it. +The game itself is
    One of the if not THE best game on PS2.
    +The game itself is full of content (well over 200 hours of gameplay without getting bored).
    +The characters are very likeable (balthier ftw).
    Frankly, if you have a PS2 or an emulator on your PC or just want to check this game out, don't hesitate. It deserves it's critic rating and is easily one of the best games ever made.
    You can see that the developpers made everything in detail for example when you see that weather conditions affect the usefullness of your weapons, or that some enemies will detect you based on smell, some on hearing, some on vision, and some (like the undead for example) when you have less than 40% HP.
    I think this is enough to see at what extent the developpers wanted to make the perfect game and its really not far from that.
    If there was a negative point I could come up with it's that there are some things that you can not know without going on the wiki or having a walkthrough.
    Apart from that, this game is 10++/10. Definitely a must have.
  19. Ogr
    Jun 28, 2014
    To make it short: FFXII is a great game and in my opinion better than FFX, critics show that they are equal but many fans seem to be disappointed by FFXII... I think it's because the usual Final Fantasy Fan wants a love story and doesn't like a more free to explore world and a political based story, FFXII is more adult than FFX.

FFXII has the better combat system, tons of stuff to do

FFXII has the better combat system, tons of stuff to do and explore, a great looking world and a nice (not great) story with no real main character... what I actually like.
  20. Apr 16, 2014
    People have been saying that every Final Fantasy under the Square Enix title has sucked, but with XII it is not so. With a great story, an incredibly large open world, a well designed combat system, good soundtrack, and an extremely complex but very fun gameplay. Final Fantasy 12 is definitely my favorite of all the Final Fantasy games.
  21. Apr 6, 2014
    Is there something wrong? Why do I see all the negatives? The hate? Have the other Final Fantasies turned you all haters into fanboys/fangirls? Peace friends!

For one, I love this game. It develops an imaginatory, that's right, storyline and YOU decide the story for your characters. It was time Square let people imagine, not just sit lazy and take in the video game itself. The story is full of betrayal, drama, humor (Balthier), and unpredictability... So don't your dare review FF XII without completing it!

I can assume the haters are rushing the game to simply put it, skipping plotlines and not caring to enjoy the scenery. Why? Well guaranteed you are in favor of another Final Fantasy (VII, like always...) But anyway, the story needs your imagination. That's what Square did. Really smart eh?

As for the gameplay... Gambits unlock a whole ton of options/accessibility for the players to experiment with and test with. A ton. Thousands of limitless ideas.... As for that, you can also toggle gambits off if you aren't in favor of that general idea.

The scenery and visuals, are in one word, stunning. Have you ever took the time to look at the architecture of each city? Dungeon? You should.

The soundtrack takes time to listen to and stick it to your head. Eventually, it will fit in with the theme like a puzzle piece. It is performed orchestrally unlike its predecessors instead of using computerized music which was the case for all the earlier Final Fantasy series.

I won't spoil the secondaries, but there are a TON of things to do in FF XII... Filling your bestiary/monsterpedia, obtaining all items, completing the "bounties" ( Won't spoil the name), and items to find et cetera.

The beginning starts out as a Star Wars replica like stated before, but eventually the pod blooms and the story opens up... into the Final Fantasy XII. The beginning isn't even a fun game, but that was Square's smart move. After you continue the story of FF XII the story all ties in together and oh my, the goosebumps you will get later on. After you finish the game you'll hit the climax and will really miss the game...

Whoever reviewed this game poorly probably is suffering from a long-term headache, is a fanboy/fangirl of another Final Fantasy game, did not get into the "fun boundary", as I stated above, or simply did not complete the game. I am a laxative person and I enjoy games and dislike games, but this game is a like, or love, for me.
  22. Mar 25, 2014
    When I started a game I was shocked with number of critics about this FF. I wanted to try it and... damn, that's a great game! At the moment I'm after hmm, around 20 hours of playing and I must admit that it's really hard to get bored with this FF. For me new battle style, leveling method etc., all this things are just perfect. For me, now, it's definitely the best FF out there. Story andWhen I started a game I was shocked with number of critics about this FF. I wanted to try it and... damn, that's a great game! At the moment I'm after hmm, around 20 hours of playing and I must admit that it's really hard to get bored with this FF. For me new battle style, leveling method etc., all this things are just perfect. For me, now, it's definitely the best FF out there. Story and characters are great too. Main char is empty and boring? Please... he's 100x better and less annoying than Tidus! He could be his father as well, in the mature of the nature meaning. Open world is great too! Generally, this is THE MUST PLAY jRPG for console. Absolutely. Expand
  23. Mar 10, 2014
    Back in the day this was one of the greatest games in the PS2 era, sadly it was bashed by a lot of hate because of the direction it took, and although the main character wasn't main at all, this game screams FF all over it.
  24. Jan 1, 2014
    Games in the series FF are my favorite. I burn with love for Final Fantasy VIII, but XII is also great! Games differ radically: Final Fantasy XII has new characters, story, combat system, open and different world, and of course the graphics and music. Twelfth part series leading Square Enix uses all the possibilities PS2 and more! Rendered animations are just beautiful, moreover, the sameGames in the series FF are my favorite. I burn with love for Final Fantasy VIII, but XII is also great! Games differ radically: Final Fantasy XII has new characters, story, combat system, open and different world, and of course the graphics and music. Twelfth part series leading Square Enix uses all the possibilities PS2 and more! Rendered animations are just beautiful, moreover, the same goes for textures. The characters are designed with the idea and I curiously followed their fate. The new combat system was difficult for me to get used to but I managed, and finally I really liked.It is very different from that of the eighth part of the FF but I really liked him. I believe that the game 100 percent deserved 10/10 from PlayStation magazine. I hope you enjoy it too Expand
  25. Dec 26, 2013
    I really enjoyed this one! Final Fantasy XII has a great political fantasy story. The story stays compelling and interesting and it doesn't fall on it's self. Diverse cast of characters and they are all memorable. Also the character development is great. Licenceboard system is great and new gameplay is very deep. Every RPG fun should check this out.
  26. Dec 12, 2013
    Totally awesome game. Its quite a change from the turn base combat system. It feels MMO-like but you build the AI via gambits. Takes a little time to get used to the gambit system, but it become very powerful and handy for grinding exp.
  27. Nov 26, 2013
    On the subject of the game play only, FF-XII introduces a new type of battle mechanic unique to the Final Fantasy games. It gives an air of pseudo-real time combat which strays from Final Fantasy's traditional turn-based actions. Its innovative and adds to the level of immersion because it deliberately demands one's attention. The player technically only ever controls one of the threeOn the subject of the game play only, FF-XII introduces a new type of battle mechanic unique to the Final Fantasy games. It gives an air of pseudo-real time combat which strays from Final Fantasy's traditional turn-based actions. Its innovative and adds to the level of immersion because it deliberately demands one's attention. The player technically only ever controls one of the three characters at a time, as the other two are governed by AI and a new system called "Gambits" which are basically a set of instructions and priorities programmed by the player for the character AIs to follow. This allows the player to essentially control their entire team at once while being in an pseudo-real time battle. Understanding the functionality of gambits will consume time, as it requires experimentation and strategy. Players will need carefully crafted gambits to tackle the most difficult of bosses. Expand
  28. Nov 13, 2013
    A near masterpiece that will enthral you in it's countless moments of magnificence. Aside from the slow start (which might have trended certain people away from the game's true beauty), the game deserves all the praises it gets, as once you pass those sluggish hours, you'll find yourself spending countless, unregrettable hours in the endless, outstanding world of Final Fantasy XII.
  29. Oct 29, 2013
    This is probably the best Final Fantasy game so far, in my opinion, this great tale of deception and political war games bring true thrill to those who seek the finest in storytelling. The battle system is different from it's predecessors, but it works very well. You don't need to worry about cheesy clichés that plague your average RPG, this is a grown up Final Fantasy title and it isThis is probably the best Final Fantasy game so far, in my opinion, this great tale of deception and political war games bring true thrill to those who seek the finest in storytelling. The battle system is different from it's predecessors, but it works very well. You don't need to worry about cheesy clichés that plague your average RPG, this is a grown up Final Fantasy title and it is waiting for open minds to play it. Expand
  30. Sep 20, 2013
    I only played this in 2013 on a ps2 emulator (4x resolution) and it was one the best game experiences I"ve had in a long time! (and I play a sht ton of games) It truly is a beautiful RPG with a very good story, massive world and deep gameplay.
    I didn't mind at all the supposedly negative MMO influences, at the contrary it feels so natural in the context of open world mechanics. Nice new touch compared to the usual ATB/RTB battle systems and I even loved the gambit system which a lot of people seem to complain about.

Graphics are unbelievably good for a ps2 game and one of the best examples where an increased internal resolution on the emulator can make a huge difference in overall quality to the point it doesn't seem you are playing a 2006 game at all.

The music is simply perfect, I may be old style but it's hard to beat well made symphonic soundtracks. (compared to most of the electronic uninspired garbage 99% of games use today)

It may have some minor gameplay issues but overall I just love everything about this game, I don't really care if it is a "true" FF game or not, it simply is a wonderful experience and I strongly encourage anyone to give it a try on the pcsx2 emulator on pc even if you have played it 9 years ago.

#1 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2006
#2 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2006

1. The story soars, but not so often. The dungeons are long and meandering. The gameplay is effective, but not engrossing. It's a staggeringly well-made game that throws more at you than any other RPG on the PS2... but well-made doesn't necessarily mean "fun."
  2. This is absolutely my favorite Final Fantasy title, a claim I probably would have laughed at two years ago when rumors about the game’s battle system began to circulate.
  3. One of those rare games that can be appreciated by both hardcore and casual fans alike, Final Fantasy XII may very well be Square's last great adventure, and a fitting sendoff, for the PlayStation 2.