8.1

1. Nov 19, 2012
    Flipnic deserves a harsh score. The third level becomes impassable, or at least takes up too much time to be fun anymore. I'm a hardcore gamer and I can't really figure it out. At some point you have to give up on the game. The graphics and sound are great. They didn't test the play logic enough and it doesn't make enough sense to be a good game. I wish objectives would have been more straightforward to clear and pass on to the next level. I think the difficulty is too high for a pinball game to still be fun. Not worth it in the long run. Expand
  2. Dec 2, 2010
    I love this game! I'm 54 and have grown up on pinball, my son is 13 and grew up on video games. Flipnic is where we meet. The graphics are superb as are all the different arenas.

1. Virtually every aspect of Flipnic's presentation is both wonderfully fresh and original. From the beautiful menu designs to the dry yet sweet voiceovers and the well orchestrated BGM tracks, the atmosphere generated is quite unlike anything else experienced.
  2. It's unfortunate, then, that such a beguiling front-end is offset by the ruthlessness of the game's ill-fitting emphasis on progression and unlocking new areas.
  3. Flipnic almost manages to attach itself to the amalgam of classically-obscure, quality PS2 titles - such as "Rez," "Frequency," "Fantavision," "Gitaroo Man" et al - however, due to one or two structural flaws and frustrating play mechanics, falls slightly short of such nobility.