Freekstyle PlayStation 2

7.4

1. MarkH.
    Aug 20, 2002
    A great game ruind by the horrible A.I
  2. JoshC.
    Aug 7, 2004
    This game rules. Most people dont like it cuz its not as easy as ssx. This one is for the best video gamers who want to be tested to thier full. This game is so great if you get good enough. I love the tricks and way of unlocking characters. Tied for best ea game with NBA street vol. 2. I want a freekstyle 2.
  3. RicardoE.
    Jul 1, 2003
    Really fun game until the tracks begin to repeat themselves over and over, after the third time I was extremely bored. Worth buying if you like free-style. Cool moves!
  4. DantheMan
    Mar 23, 2004
    A rockin' good time!
  5. MattR.
    Jul 10, 2002
    I loved SSX, but this just stinks. Poor graphics, annoying physics and little sense of speed.
    Aug 27, 2002
    No matter how many times I try to enjoy this game, I fail. I am a big EA fan, but I still can't stand Freekstyle.
  7. Feb 23, 2015
    Not really a fun game, the only thing that I found fun was crashing the bike into obstacles. The tricks were really hard to do and not really that impressive.
  8. Mar 26, 2015
    Don't expect to be playing the reincarnation of SSX Tricky here folks, this one is hard. Extremely hard. To the point of insanity hard. For example, level one alone is quite a challenge to make it through. The AI is downright ruthless and it took me nearly five hours to make it past this track, and that's saying something as I'm usually the type who can fly through any game out there. TheDon't expect to be playing the reincarnation of SSX Tricky here folks, this one is hard. Extremely hard. To the point of insanity hard. For example, level one alone is quite a challenge to make it through. The AI is downright ruthless and it took me nearly five hours to make it past this track, and that's saying something as I'm usually the type who can fly through any game out there. The track design, and speed is amazing. The motion blur is very very cool, and the jumps pack quite a punch but most of them are near impossible to land with the precision needed to do so. Crash once, and you may as well forget it and start all over unless you are the master of hidden areas then maybe you have a shot if the opponent doesn't boost it past you at the last second of the Main Event. And yes, you must place 1st on the third race of each track to make it to the next level. ARRRGH! SSX Tricky was so easy, but come on now EA, did you really think that boosting the difficulty to insane level would make this that much better?! And no, you cannot change the difficulty here. FRUSTRATING. I just hope to master this one at some point before I throw the game out the window. Expand

#82 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002

1. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    There hasn't been a more thrilling motocross game since Nintendo's "Excitebike 64." [August 2002, p.124]
    Its rubber-band AI is staggering in its cruelty.
  3. A fun, difficult racer deeply entrenched in the SSX vein. It does what it does well, though it's not much of a departure.