8.6

1. Hezz
    Mar 28, 2004
    FM3 was sublime, FM4 will be just as good or better. And is there really no 'capture' option?
  2. McdonaldC.
    Apr 26, 2004
    I love all of them and now it's online it is right up there with doom3 and quakee.
  3. InHellS.
    Apr 26, 2004
    I play pc games but when in hell e-mail me about FM4 and show me the demo it kick ass and it is the best game i have seen for PS2.
  4. GheH.
    Sep 26, 2004
    I'm a big fan of the fm series, i just bought the game, can't wait to play it :)
  5. RobertR.
    Mar 29, 2005
    This game never gets boring and it is a real thrill and plus it is a r.p.g. and i love those games.
  6. Dec 30, 2010
    now if i was gona do my top 3 favorite PS2 games this game would be in it. this was a huge suprise mainly because ive never even heard of the front mission series till i played this game . when i saw it i thought it was just some 3rd person shooting mech game where you just run around and shoot things up and thought ok this might be fun. boy was i wrong and for the better its actaully anow if i was gona do my top 3 favorite PS2 games this game would be in it. this was a huge suprise mainly because ive never even heard of the front mission series till i played this game . when i saw it i thought it was just some 3rd person shooting mech game where you just run around and shoot things up and thought ok this might be fun. boy was i wrong and for the better its actaully a Stratagy RPG which by the way i freeking love thoose kinda games and was immidiatly hooked on it . the combat system and level up system are great and i love the whole link system where you can chain your attacks . the story is well told and is decently voiced acted with intresting charicters . its a pretty long game to i think i clocked in almost 50 hours first time through . my only small gripe is i wish you could controll more then just 6 mechs in combat . 10 would have been really nice. you also play 2 differnt sceneroes that will intertwine with each other as the game progresses . so you have 2 main charicters . which felt abit strange at first but i begane to like after some time . all and all a great SRPG . Expand

#99 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004

1. Truly a title that has captured all the great aspects of multiple genres. Along with beautiful graphics and extremely deep gameplay mechanics, Front Mission 4 also has a very captivating storyline that keeps you fairly involved with the development of the pilots throughout the game. [JPN Import]
  2. Unless you're a diehard strategy role-playing gamer, Front Mission 4 is so text-heavy and trail and error oriented that you'll spend up to an hour preparing for a battle and reading text and spend over an hour during the battle itself, just to die because you knew nothing about the battle in advance.
    If all you need is a good challenge and you have the patience for turn-based strategy games, by all means, pick up this game. If the inconsistent presentation and lack of multiplayer options have you unconvinced, then it may be a good idea to wait for another one to come along. [July 2004, p.102]