Front Mission 4 PlayStation 2

8.6

1. Dec 30, 2010
    now if i was gona do my top 3 favorite PS2 games this game would be in it. this was a huge suprise mainly because ive never even heard of the front mission series till i played this game . when i saw it i thought it was just some 3rd person shooting mech game where you just run around and shoot things up and thought ok this might be fun. boy was i wrong and for the better its actaully anow if i was gona do my top 3 favorite PS2 games this game would be in it. this was a huge suprise mainly because ive never even heard of the front mission series till i played this game . when i saw it i thought it was just some 3rd person shooting mech game where you just run around and shoot things up and thought ok this might be fun. boy was i wrong and for the better its actaully a Stratagy RPG which by the way i freeking love thoose kinda games and was immidiatly hooked on it . the combat system and level up system are great and i love the whole link system where you can chain your attacks . the story is well told and is decently voiced acted with intresting charicters . its a pretty long game to i think i clocked in almost 50 hours first time through . my only small gripe is i wish you could controll more then just 6 mechs in combat . 10 would have been really nice. you also play 2 differnt sceneroes that will intertwine with each other as the game progresses . so you have 2 main charicters . which felt abit strange at first but i begane to like after some time . all and all a great SRPG . Collapse
  2. Nov 13, 2010
    SLOW. I find myself continually skipping the battle scenes, but its not fast enough. Prepare to waste hours on a single battle and then lose. The plot is weak. The voice acting is cheesy. Customizing mechs was alright. This game is not fun. I couldn't even sell this game for 99 cents on ebay.
  3. RobertR.
    Mar 29, 2005
    This game never gets boring and it is a real thrill and plus it is a r.p.g. and i love those games.
  4. VidM.
    Feb 28, 2005
    Nothing particularly inspiring here. More of the same. Contrived story. Uninteresting characters. And, of course, really fun battles. Unfortunately, all the battles are essentially the same in terms of objectives.
  5. GheH.
    Sep 26, 2004
    I'm a big fan of the fm series, i just bought the game, can't wait to play it :)
  6. JohnH.
    Sep 8, 2004
    While the animation is better than average (detailed armor pieces falling off mech when being shot at) and there's a great number of 'customization' that's available... I do find the GBA-like dialog button pushing annoying. You have to constantly mash the controller button to get the conversation going. Not all conversation are purely text, there are some moments you While the animation is better than average (detailed armor pieces falling off mech when being shot at) and there's a great number of 'customization' that's available... I do find the GBA-like dialog button pushing annoying. You have to constantly mash the controller button to get the conversation going. Not all conversation are purely text, there are some moments you get voice overs. The battles are long and drawn out, like many other popular turn-based combat games. Overall, the game is quite good but I just don't like the amount of button mashing to keep the talks going. Expand
  7. InHellS.
    Apr 26, 2004
    I play pc games but when in hell e-mail me about FM4 and show me the demo it kick ass and it is the best game i have seen for PS2.
  8. McdonaldC.
    Apr 26, 2004
    I love all of them and now it's online it is right up there with doom3 and quakee.
  9. Hezz
    Mar 28, 2004
    FM3 was sublime, FM4 will be just as good or better. And is there really no 'capture' option?
  10. Dec 30, 2010

#98 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004

1. Truly a title that has captured all the great aspects of multiple genres. Along with beautiful graphics and extremely deep gameplay mechanics, Front Mission 4 also has a very captivating storyline that keeps you fairly involved with the development of the pilots throughout the game. [JPN Import]
  2. Unless you're a diehard strategy role-playing gamer, Front Mission 4 is so text-heavy and trail and error oriented that you'll spend up to an hour preparing for a battle and reading text and spend over an hour during the battle itself, just to die because you knew nothing about the battle in advance.
    If all you need is a good challenge and you have the patience for turn-based strategy games, by all means, pick up this game. If the inconsistent presentation and lack of multiplayer options have you unconvinced, then it may be a good idea to wait for another one to come along. [July 2004, p.102]