Gallop Racer 2004 PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Aug 31, 2004
8.7

1. JulieH.
    Jan 9, 2005
    GAllop Racer 2004 is the bomb! It has beautiful horses and cool season mode.
  2. MichaelG.
    Apr 5, 2005
    This game is not for everyone but its depth is very gratifying for a gamer who appreciates such things. I feel like the way the game is designed allows for more replay value than a new breed.
  3. [AnonymousHorse-EnvyVictim]
    Sep 26, 2004
    Being new to the horse racing sim genre, does not allow me to rank this game against its predecessors. It seems that this is where the game falls flat on its "metascore". [Ed: nice...] Overall, this game is quite in-depth. For a player that is new to this series there is an immense learning curve which makes the game extremely frustrating. Many times, I thought that I had finally figured Being new to the horse racing sim genre, does not allow me to rank this game against its predecessors. It seems that this is where the game falls flat on its "metascore". [Ed: nice...] Overall, this game is quite in-depth. For a player that is new to this series there is an immense learning curve which makes the game extremely frustrating. Many times, I thought that I had finally figured out what was going on, until I came in dead last on the next race. Ironically, my girlfriend who is not a gamer much out side the Final Fantasy realm has been kicking my butt. Maybe, I am just jealous. It is apparent that there is "fun to be had". I just don't know if I will get past the learning curve to have that "fun". Expand
  4. DonZ.
    Jan 30, 2005
    What a great game!
  5. DanielleH.
    Mar 25, 2005
    This is the best game ever.
  6. CynthiaD.
    Oct 22, 2004
    This game is awesome. The graphics are very good. The game play is almost too difficult. This just challenges me to try that much harder to overcome these obstacles. I bought GR2004 the day it arrived at my local shop and have played it nearly every day since.
  7. Jun 5, 2016
    This is a gallop racer times 7 and it is the real new breed...........................................................................................

1. Most players, however, will find this game to be a quaint cultural artifact--and not one that warrants a great deal of sustained interest. If you've avoided the Gallop Racer series thus far, it's best to stay the course.
  2. PSM Magazine
    With more than 4000 horses and nearly 40 racing track options, with variables such as weather and track conditions, there is little room for repetition and boredom. [Oct 2004, p.42]
  3. Cheat Code Central
    The reason that people love horses is because they're interactive animals. This sim has all the interaction of accounting software.