• Publisher: Midway
  • Release Date: May 1, 2001
8.3

1. Jan 27, 2011
    One of the best multiplayer games ever made. Also, even if you play the game by yourself, you won't get bored from it either.
  2. YuraSim
    Jun 18, 2003
    This game make your freind's jaws drop down and the moment they see things you could in this game(Kill everything that moves, pojo the ckicken,etc) you and your freinds will lose it.
  3. Keith
    Apr 28, 2003
    This is a solid addition to anyone's PS2 library. I picked this game up a few weeks ago, eager to see if it lived up to the fun that the original Gauntlet brought over 15 years ago. I was not disappointed. I really like that they have added more classes to choose from. It gives the game more replay value for one thing, and adds more flavor. Anyhow, the only drawback to this game is This is a solid addition to anyone's PS2 library. I picked this game up a few weeks ago, eager to see if it lived up to the fun that the original Gauntlet brought over 15 years ago. I was not disappointed. I really like that they have added more classes to choose from. It gives the game more replay value for one thing, and adds more flavor. Anyhow, the only drawback to this game is that it does get a bit repetitive. I cannot bring myself to play for more than an hour or so at a time, but I will admit, I always look forward to coming back to play it some more. The graphics are nice, but there is only so much you can do from a top angle perspective. It's a nice looking game, but won't win any awards for it's appearance. Also, the camera angles can at times be a bit awkward, leavng you unable to see what is attacking you or what is just beyond your reach. The sound is good, and each class has it's own distinct voice, which are all full of character and style. Overall, this is a great game, and I would definitely reccomend buying it if you can find it for $25 or less on Ebay or at a used video game store. Collapse
  4. RyanM.
    Feb 9, 2003
    I thought this game was great. It does get a little annoying having to get all of the many collectibles but I still recommend this game to anyone looking for a basic rpg.
  5. MilesP.
    Jun 13, 2002
    Crazy! I rented the 5 and I almost beat. I like to put the name 10000K in because it gives you forever lasting gold. It's a lot of fun for players 13 and over. This T rated game will send you flying with fun. I like to have sleep overs in my house, make a tent, get four friends, eat junk, and have a very good time. I gave this game a 10 because it is very fun for everybody!
  6. Rash
    Dec 30, 2001
    I think 'Dark Legacy' is a really good game. The only problem is that I think after a while it gets pretty boring, trying to find everything and unlock every single thing on the game. I have played it using the multitap, and that proves to be a lot of fun, but only for so long. After a while, I found everyone competing to get everything and level up the quickest. In general, I think 'Dark Legacy' is a really good game. The only problem is that I think after a while it gets pretty boring, trying to find everything and unlock every single thing on the game. I have played it using the multitap, and that proves to be a lot of fun, but only for so long. After a while, I found everyone competing to get everything and level up the quickest. In general, though, 'Dark Legacy' is a lot of fun, and has a fairly good replay value. Expand
  7. Serra
    Dec 4, 2001
    I have not played "Legends," and I therefore will not compare this game to it. I find comparing a game to it's predecessor unfair because what if you've never played the prequel? It's all new to me. I love the look and the 3D and the areas I've seen so far (especially the Castle), but I see how it could get repetitive. Awesome with a friend or 3.
  8. ScaryMovie
    Nov 22, 2001
    Gauntlet forever baby!
    Oct 17, 2001
    This game is awesome.. Gauntlet forever!!

1. If you're a fan of the series or just looking for a great multiplayer seek and destroy mission, Gauntlet will provide thrills in spades.
  2. In the end, though, the playing experience offers more than enough good, clean fun to offset its weak points.
  3. This is hack n slash how it should be. Furious four player action that lets users bang away for hours on hordes of uniquely designed monsters.